• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Agram

It's just my whim but maybe
Viola was ascended by Oedon and became the Wet Nurse. Maybe Oedon ascended her into a formless great one for Mergo and in that process killed her body. Gascoigne sees her dead body and goes insane. After which he gives in to the thirst for blood and soon we find him.
Interesting theory! The world they created is amazing. I really want more Bloodborne DLCs and games.

Took a quick look and I was unable to find anything looking like that enemy in the official guide....

.... I looked at all the pictures on every page of the beast chapter and the chalice dungeon chapter.

IDK. Can someone translate the text on that page?

EDIT: Google Translate gives me "Divert the Masamunesu"

EDIT2: I tweeted ENB. https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/627115865960521729 Wonder if he will respond.
I believe Illusory Wall would be a better source for finding out info like this than ENB.

Took a quick look and I was unable to find anything looking like that enemy in the official guide....

.... I looked at all the pictures on every page of the beast chapter and the chalice dungeon chapter.

IDK. Can someone translate the text on that page?

EDIT: Google Translate gives me "Divert the Masamunesu"

EDIT2: I tweeted ENB. https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/627115865960521729 Wonder if he will respond.

Some people find it in root chalices, probably like the slugs things in Dark Souls 1 where a phantom with huge souls dies one of them spawn in your world

Father G killed her because she forgot to bring to box to calm him sadly

I know. I just find it hard to believe that such a cool hunter like Gascoigne just gave into the thirst for Blood. He'll always be the good guy in my heart. :p

Interesting theory! The world they created is amazing. I really want more Bloodborne DLCs and games.

I believe they purposely never gave us a proper time frame so we can come up with such theories. Having a time frame for events is such a small thing but makes so much of a difference when it comes to interpreting said events. Here's hoping the expansion answers many of our questions
and confuse us even more, as expected. :p

KanameYuuki

So I finally got to keep going in the game and then I had that fight with the Shock Maze guy which was a joke, but then I encounter his friend with a Rifle Spear and man that was so annoying and hard, he was way to fast and so good to keep distance to then spam shots, he killed me but I was able to backstab him and then kill him on my 2nd try.

How active is the PvP and co-op for everyone? I'm impressed with how populated it remains for me. I see the ghostly outlines of players EVERYWHERE, and I can't walk ten feet in NF without an invasion some nights.

So, Defiled or Great Isz chalice first? I know I only need to play Isz to earn enough Red Jelly, but I figured it would be good to gain some levels and blood gems before doing Defiled. My only concern is earning back 9x Ritual Blood (5) for Defiled. Any input? I'm SL 125.

So, Defiled or Great Isz chalice first? I know I only need to play Isz to earn enough Red Jelly, but I figured it would be good to gain some levels and blood gems before doing Defiled. My only concern is earning back 9x Ritual Blood (5) for Defiled. Any input? I'm SL 125.

Go through Isz since it's easier. Also you don't need ritual blood 5 for defiled. Defiled uses ritual blood 4.

Jombie

It's worth getting the platinum just to fight Yharnam. I love that fight, and wish she had been a boss in the core game.

I want to jump back into the game, but I think I'll wait for the expansion to make another character. I plan on doing some pvp with my primary, trite Ludwig build this weekend.

Congrats, you're one of us now.
I have three more trophies to go. I just have to beat the game with Mergo as the final fight, get the Messenger's Gift for the Hunters Tools trophy and fight Yharnam and I'm done. Only thing is I don't know which character to use for the Yharnam trophy since I missed the Living String on my first character, but my second character has it, but my first character went through Defiled already and that's a pain in the ass road block and I have to beat the game either way with my first character in NG+ so either way I'll be dealing with beating the game again, but ugh...decisions.

ramyeon

I don't usually aim for trophies, it's nice that this games trophies are all things you unlock just by playing the game because otherwise I probably wouldn't bother tbh. I think all I have left is Yharnam, the two endings that I didn't get first time around (Might just cloud save to do this) and the all weapons trophy which I just need the Burial Blade for I think.

Ailing Loran's atmosphere stresses me out, so many jump scares. I also got ambushed by an absurd number of summoned spiders in a room before the boss on layer 2, it was ridiculous.

Blood Starved Beast 2.0 put up a pretty good fight but he's just too easy to parry to be a real threat anymore.

I don't usually aim for trophies, it's nice that this games trophies are all things you unlock just by playing the game because otherwise I probably wouldn't bother tbh. I think all I have left is Yharnam, the two endings that I didn't get first time around (Might just cloud save to do this) and the all weapons trophy which I just need the Burial Blade for I think.

Ailing Loran's atmosphere stresses me out, so many jump scares. I also got ambushed by an absurd number of summoned spiders in a room before the boss on layer 2, it was ridiculous.

Blood Starved Beast 2.0 put up a pretty good fight but he's just too easy to parry to be a real threat anymore.
The best way to go through the Loran dungeons is to just stun lock the shit out of stuff with the Blades of Mercy. Going through Ailing Loran with the Chikage is doable, but I miss that stun locking, especially on those douchebag werewolves.

ramyeon

The best way to go through the Loran dungeons is to just stun lock the shit out of stuff with the Blades of Mercy. Going through Ailing Loran with the Chikage is doable, but I miss that stun locking, especially on those douchebag werewolves.
True, I do have the Blades as my second weapon but I haven't upgraded them past +7 yet I don't think :( so the damage they do is trifling next to the Chikage. Hasn't been too bad yet. Besides those spiders. I hate spiders.

True, I do have the Blades as my second weapon but I haven't upgraded them past +7 yet I don't think :( so the damage they do is trifling next to the Chikage. Hasn't been too bad yet. Besides those spiders. I hate spiders.
The spiders are just too prevalent. I did a Fetid Rotted Lower Hintertomb Chalice and they through in fucking snake balls...can't wait to randomize more of these things. BoM in that area has to be about a +9 to do some damage.

ramyeon

The spiders are just too prevalent. I did a Fetid Rotted Lower Hintertomb Chalice and they through in fucking snake balls...can't wait to randomize more of these things. BoM in that area has to be about a +9 to do some damage.
Will probably stick to Chikage then, I've grown too fond of it anyway haha. Once I find some Bastards of Loran (I guess there'll be some on the next layer since that's the last) I'll be able to open up Cursed Pthumeru Defilement... Just the thought of it sends a shiver up my spine.

Will probably stick to Chikage then, I've grown too fond of it anyway haha. Once I find some Bastards of Loran (I guess there'll be some on the next layer since that's the last) I'll be able to open up Cursed Pthumeru Defilement... Just the thought of it sends a shiver up my spine.
It was doable, just with vit at 50...I can help at some point with my higher stat character, but if they're going to cut my health in half further then they can just straight fuck off with that shit.

ramyeon

It was doable, just with vit at 50...I can help at some point with my higher stat character, but if they're going to cut my health in half further then they can just straight fuck off with that shit.
My vit's only at 45 but I do have 2 vit runes on so hopefully that helps. I think I'm at 1495 health usually. I guess I'll see soonish :D

Melchiah

It's worth getting the platinum just to fight Yharnam. I love that fight, and wish she had been a boss in the core game.

I want to jump back into the game, but I think I'll wait for the expansion to make another character. I plan on doing some pvp with my primary, trite Ludwig build this weekend.

And getting the item, which may have use when the expansion comes.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I want to lynch the guy who programed Ebrietas' charge move. Conversely, i have fought her so many time in the chalice dungeon I've kind of swung on her. As far as horrifying cthulu monsters go, she's kind of cute.

I want to lynch the guy who programed Ebrietas' charge move. Conversely, i have fought her so many time in the chalice dungeon I've kind of swung on her. As far as horrifying cthulu monsters go, she's kind of cute.

When I do manage to dodge it I am genuinely surprised. I really have no idea when to try and get out of the way and I hate it.

For Ebrietas' charge, I once saw a video of a guy that would sidestep and then backstep when the charge was about to hit and he never got hit. I've found that strategy pretty reliable although the timing is still tough.

AmiAmi has the Bloodborne Hunter statue up for preorder.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012258&page=top

Siona1438334817.jpeg

Siona1438334746.jpeg

I'm near the end of the game now.

After playing Dark Souls 2 twice, I thought maybe I was getting Souls fatigue, but now I see that DS2 really was just a badly designed game and definitely thrown together by a "B" team.

This is making me feel the same way Demon's and Dark Souls 1 did. Pretty much everything is better here. Loving the return to form.

I have three more trophies to go. I just have to beat the game with Mergo as the final fight, get the Messenger's Gift for the Hunters Tools trophy and fight Yharnam and I'm done. Only thing is I don't know which character to use for the Yharnam trophy since I missed the Living String on my first character, but my second character has it, but my first character went through Defiled already and that's a pain in the ass road block and I have to beat the game either way with my first character in NG+ so either way I'll be dealing with beating the game again, but ugh...decisions.
NG+ isn't hard at all, especially coming from Depth 5 chalices. You can skip nearly all optional areas so you can get the living string from Mother Brain. Your first character will mop the floor with NG+

I'm near the end of the game now.

After playing Dark Souls 2 twice, I thought maybe I was getting Souls fatigue, but now I see that DS2 really was just a badly designed game and definitely thrown together by a "B" team.

This is making me feel the same way Demon's and Dark Souls 1 did. Pretty much everything is better here. Loving the return to form.
Dark Souls 3 will be insanely good. I can't wait for it.

Dark Souls 3 will be insanely good. I can't wait for it.

Hopefully yeah. But I must admit, after 3 I want the Dark Souls saga to end and for more unique takes on the franchise like this.

I was a sword/shield addict, so I wasn't sure about the combat in this game at first, but now I love being aggressive and dodging etc. Such a drastic change but they nailed it.

Hopefully yeah. But I must admit, after 3 I want the Dark Souls saga to end and for more unique takes on the franchise like this.

I was a sword/shield addict, so I wasn't sure about the combat in this game at first, but now I love being aggressive and dodging etc. Such a drastic change but they nailed it.
Dark Souls 3 is literally a blend of Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1, the best games in the series. I'm also in the same position, the shield was literally the extension of my right arm. But because of Bloodborne, I will go for a dual wielding build the first time. That's assuming the hitbixes aren't laughable like in Dark Souls 2.

NG+ isn't hard at all, especially coming from Depth 5 chalices. You can skip nearly all optional areas so you can get the living string from Mother Brain. Your first character will mop the floor with NG+
So far they've been pretty decent at handling NG+ I'm not exactly cake walking certain scenarios with my second character in NG+ but she's still doing the business. The next NG+ boss with my first character is SOY, I'm pretty sure it won't be that hard for me, I've just been too caught up in dealing with my second characters progression and the chalice dungeons. I like doing the optional areas though.
I find the best way to fight Ebrietas is to not fight her from the front. Just go at her from the sides and rear unlocked.
Ebrietas Daughter of the Cosmos
Ran through NG+ Forgotten Woods and ran through the SOY, they weren't even speed bumps...
NG+ Shadows of Yharnam

Saint9806

Anyone free to help me with Defiled Amygdala? I've been stuck on this for a month now! I'm level 129, not sure if levels matter anymore.

What's the best way to try to beat the final boss in the Grand Cathedral of the Eileen sidequest? Thanks!
What's your level and weapon levels? I found that raising a couple more levels and upgrading weapons to almost max made the difference for me. That, and Bolt Paper.

The fight is different for everyone beyond that. I saw strategies that worked for folks that never worked for me. I went with back stab opening into a dodge and then trying to prompt the Melee slams on the front half of battle. Back half of fight was going toe to toe and trying to rally the damage I was taking.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
What's the best way to try to beat the final boss in the Grand Cathedral of the Eileen sidequest? Thanks!

So I had trouble too, but I figured out a good strategy. So just keep dodging to the side around him. Don't attack, just dodge. He'll switch between his gun and sword attacks. Eventually he will use the blood draining part of his sword and eat away his own health. Wait for him to use a vial(he only uses one)then try and get in a few swings with a quick weapon. This is a big patience battle, if you get greedy you will die. When he is getting low, he's gonna start spamming bullets. Around this time, use poison knives. Try to aim them as he's doing an action. 3 or 4 and he'll be poison. Then just wait and he'll die.

I like to call it this strategy; "The cowards path to happiness"

Bouniter

Manged to borrow a PS4 for a week so my challenge was to finish Bloodborne in that time it started well then I got to Gascoine on the first night, and that's where it ended with me thinking this might be tough.

The next evening about an hour or so in I manage to finally get the timings nail some parrys and finally kill that beast. from there on in the rest of the main game was plain sailing. Which meant I had time to push for the plat and head into the chalice dungeons.

Some really interesting bosses and enemies down in those dungeons its a shame some of them didn't make it into the main game (Never saw that particularly disgusting slug though
does anyone else think it looks somewhat similar to what your turned into in the 3rd ending?)

So that was that platinum in 6 days

ltPBLbv.jpg

Were my final character stats and looking at the last few pages everyone was investing in either blood-tinge and arcane but I totally ignored both, using the saw cleaver almost exclusively with the hunters pistol for parrying and occasional use of Ludwigs blade. Anybody else take this route?

Top Bottom