• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I was mostly suggesting Saw Spear as a carry over for players that want to main the Blades of Mercy later, as by the time you get the Blades of Mercy is when the C scaling starts soft capping but until then you'll have a fairly strong weapon until then.

The problem with the Threaded Cane is that it's a weapon that completely depends on its scaling for damage (it's weak early on, fairly strong lategame), and the Saw Spear has damage bonuses against most bosses early on, so the Saw Spear is a stronger earlygame option.

I was mostly suggesting Saw Spear as a carry over for players that want to main the Blades of Mercy later, as by the time you get the Blades of Mercy is when the C scaling starts soft capping but until then you'll have a fairly strong weapon until then.

The problem with the Threaded Cane is that it's a weapon that completely depends on its scaling for damage (it's weak early on, fairly strong lategame), and the Saw Spear has damage bonuses against most bosses early on, so the Saw Spear is a stronger earlygame option.
I think it was just a play style thing for me. That and I pumped a lot of points into skill with my first character and got tired of upgrading a weapon that wasn't improving with the stat bonus so I just dropped it. By the time you get the BoM varies for a lot of people since I had access to it for a while since I never even had to beat Henryk, he killed Eileen and killed me enough times to the point where I just left him there, explored the game further and eventually came back to Eileen's badge without him even being there. Eventually purchased it before I beat the woods. Took some getting used to, but got really comfortable with that weapon. I can use it with my second character, but I didn't have enough chunks to upgrade it and it can't out damage my Chikage so never bothered with it....wow this is long winded.

By the time you get the BoM varies for a lot of people since I had access to it for a while since I never even had to beat Henryk, he killed Eileen and killed me enough times to the point where I just left him there, explored the game further and eventually came back to Eileen's badge without him even being there.
If you can get it that early, you can just never go beyond +3 for your starting weapon (another reason Saw Spear is good for players that want to do most of their PT with Blade of Mercy).

I'm mostly suggesting Saw Spear for this scenario because if you keep it one handed most of the time it'll help you get used to how close you'll need to be for the Blade of Mercy and it has better boss killing potential than the Threaded Cane before BoM is available.

If you can get it that early, you can just never go beyond +3 for your starting weapon (another reason Saw Spear is good for players that want to do most of their PT with Blade of Mercy).

I'm mostly suggesting Saw Spear for this scenario because if you keep it one handed most of the time it'll help you get used to how close you'll need to be for the Blade of Mercy and it has better boss killing potential than the Threaded Cane before BoM is available.
If that's the case they should just flat out Kill Eileen the first time they meet her and just get her runes and gestures in NG+. Just use the Saw Spear up to that point to farm the fuck ton of souls you need for the BoM and call it a day. Would be interesting to do that, but personally I'd always start with the Cane, I've just gotten so used to playing with it as my beginning weapon.

If that's the case they should just flat out Kill Eileen the first time they meet her and just get her runes and gestures in NG+. Just use the Saw Spear up to that point to farm the fuck ton of souls you need for the BoM and call it a day.
The last time I thought about doing this everybody said that it was extremely hard to kill Eileen at this point, and you also need to get the souls to buy the weapon anyway.

The last time I thought about doing this everybody said that it was extremely hard to kill Eileen at this point, and you also need to get the souls to buy the weapon anyway.
Check that VaatiVidya five hunter kill challenge, I think they all killed her by making her run to her death. Also helped that they beat the shit out of her before she started going after them.

Melchiah

If you're talking about the 20% bonus damage against beasts with Saw Spear/Cleaver, the Cane has that as well with its whip form, on top of 20% bonus holy damage in its default form. Ludwig and Kirkhammer have 50% bonus holy damage, from what I've read.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Since the last update it's no longer possible. You need to access a depth 4/5 chalice to collect ritual blood 5 and the only way to do it is going through Ailing Loran.
Awww, that sucks.

If you have the Blades of Mercy at at least +9 Ailing Loran isn't even that bad
This is my 4th character, I used BoM on my first. Did you even read the post you were quoting? I don't want to skip Ailing Loran because it's hard, I want to skip it so that I keep Amygdala alive for Nightmare Frontier PvP.

Awww, that sucks.

This is my 4th character, I used BoM on my first. Did you even read the post you were quoting? I don't want to skip Ailing Loran because it's hard, I want to skip it so that I keep Amygdala alive for Nightmare Frontier PvP.
Oh yeah sorry about that, sometimes I miss the little details, now I see what you're doing sorry, I read what you said back a few times. You seem to be in a pickle regarding that one, I had no idea PVP for an area gets cut off if you kill the boss, I always thought that was tied to the bell maidens in the area.

Awww, that sucks.

huh?

You can do PvP even if you kill the boss on Nightmare Frontier, as long you are in the lvl range of the people in the area.

ramyeon

I never thought a lock on would work so well with Amy G. Always kept wailing at her arms myself with Ludwig's. This looks a lot more efficient. Great fight again.
Yeah I'd always fight Amy unlocked in the main game. I actually really struggled with it in both play throughs because of the camera and my insistence on staying close to its arms and legs. Chalice Amy was the first time I decided to play lock on and try to bait attacks that'd let me get at its head more reliably. Worked out even better than I could have guessed!

Neiteio

If you're talking about the 20% bonus damage against beasts with Saw Spear/Cleaver, the Cane has that as well with its whip form, on top of 20% bonus holy damage in its default form. Ludwig and Kirkhammer have 50% bonus holy damage, from what I've read.
BTW, Melchiah, this is unrelated, but I wanted to say you were right about the Moon/Moon/Moon farming run in Mergo's Loft Middle. I tested it repeatedly, from zero echoes, first with Heir/Heir/Moon and 3-5 Visceral Attacks (three pigs, and/or two shadows in alleyway), and then I tried Moon/Moon/Moon while leading the pigs to kill the shadows and then finishing the shadows in the alley. The latter got me about 10,000 more echoes on average, and was about 30 seconds shorter.

So yeah. YOU WERE RIGHT. *runs off crying with all of his newly acquired echoes*

Yeah I'd always fight Amy unlocked in the main game. I actually really struggled with it in both play throughs because of the camera and my insistence on staying close to its arms and legs. Chalice Amy was the first time I decided to play lock on and try to bait attacks that'd let me get at its head more reliably. Worked out even better than I could have guessed!
Yeah, your video was a fucking epiphany. Standing in front of Amygdala is terrifying but it's clear it's a valid way to fight and it works and it looks SO COOL. :-D

Melchiah

BTW, Melchiah, this is unrelated, but I wanted to say you were right about the Moon/Moon/Moon farming run in Mergo's Loft Middle. I tested it repeatedly, from zero echoes, first with Heir/Heir/Moon and 3-5 Visceral Attacks (three pigs, and/or two shadows in alleyway), and then I tried Moon/Moon/Moon while leading the pigs to kill the shadows and then finishing the shadows in the alley. The latter got me about 10,000 more echoes on average, and was about 30 seconds shorter.

So yeah. YOU WERE RIGHT. *runs off crying with all of his newly acquired echoes*

Heh. It's nice you tested it, and let me know how it went, as I couldn't test it myself with a single Heir rune. I guess I got the rune from Eileen's quest. Dunno how I've missed the rest of them.

Coincidentally, I stumbled onto another 3x Moon rune farming video today. The player is on NG+7, and gets over 658k Blood Echoes in 5 minutes. The increase isn't as great as I expected, considering you can get 290k on NG+.

Chalice Ebrietas was fucking legit. I couldn't roll around her like I did last time and attack her from her sides and rear and I had to legit fight the fucking thing. Her charge hitbox is big as fuck. She isn't impossible, got her down to like 2 hits left twice, but kept getting fucked, but I brought her down, it was quite exhilarating by the time I was done.
Chalice Ebrietas

ramyeon

Chalice Ebrietas was fucking legit. I couldn't roll around her like I did last time and attack her from her sides and rear and I had to legit fight the fucking thing. Her charge hitbox is big as fuck. She isn't impossible, got her down to like 2 hits left twice, but kept getting fucked, but I brought her down, it was quite exhilarating by the time I was done.
Chalice Ebrietas
Fighting her now, she loves to spam her charge here.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
huh?

You can do PvP even if you kill the boss on Nightmare Frontier, as long you are in the lvl range of the people in the area.
Doesn't the bell maiden disappear if you kill the boss? I never managed to invade a single area after killing the boss. No bell maiden appears even when ringing the sinister bell.

Pthumerian Descendant is the first time I'm putting my controller down in annoyance. This is just not fun.

Hardest boss in the game for me. Hate that guy. Best advice I can give is to try and bait his move where he leans back for a second then hits you. That should give you enough time to react and easily parry him. In his second phase, I basically just spam gunshots hoping to land a parry.

ramyeon

Hardest boss in the game for me. Hate that guy. Best advice I can give is to try and bait his move where he leans back for a second then hits you. That should give you enough time to react and easily parry him. In his second phase, I basically just spam gunshots hoping to land a parry.
Yeah it's difficult but not in a way that's fun or challenging, it just seems obscenely difficult for the sake of being difficult. I've been great at parrying for the whole game but this guy seems to be a roulette of whether I'll get it in or not :/ Managed to parry lock him until he was down to a quarter health. Then he one shot me with his boomerang as soon as he got out. Can't believe that thing hits through the pillars, so dumb.

Yeah it's difficult but not in a way that's fun or challenging, it just seems obscenely difficult for the sake of being difficult. I've been great at parrying for the whole game but this guy seems to be a roulette of whether I'll get it in or not :/ Managed to parry lock him until he was down to a quarter health. Then he one shot me with his boomerang as soon as he got out. Can't believe that thing hits through the pillars, so dumb.

I guess you could try using lead elixirs? I remember someone recommending that one time, but I never tried it. That would prevent you from getting stunlocked if that's a problem. And yea, this is by far the hardest boss to parry. The timing makes no sense.

ramyeon

I guess you could try using lead elixirs? I remember someone recommending that one time, but I never tried it. That would prevent you from getting stunlocked if that's a problem. And yea, this is by far the hardest boss to parry. The timing makes no sense.
Yeah this is shit. I can get to his second form by dodging around his attacks. But in his second form if I get caught he takes me out with one 3 hit combo. Nothing you can do about it. This guy sucks.

Defiled Chalice was a cakewalk compared to this guy.

Yeah this is shit. I can get to his second form by dodging around his attacks. But in his second form if I get caught he takes me out with one 3 hit combo. Nothing you can do about it. This guy sucks.

Defiled Chalice was a cakewalk compared to this guy.

Hmm... if you're getting killed by combos, you should definitely try a lead elixir on his second phase. If you don't know what it does, basically it just makes attacks bounce off you similar to how your weapons can get caught and bounce off walls at certain angles. It makes you move slow, but you can still dodge.

ramyeon

Hmm... if you're getting killed by combos, you should definitely try a lead elixir on his second phase. If you don't know what it does, basically it just makes attacks bounce off you similar to how your weapons can get caught and bounce off walls at certain angles. It makes you move slow, but you can still dodge.
Will give it a shot, I lost count of how many times I've died now. Given up on parrying and going for dodging and attacking from behind. That two handed phase though. He just wrecks me every time.

Edit: It's dead! Thank God! Without a doubt the toughest boss yet. Feels so good to know I won't have to deal with him again for a very very long time. Videos going up. One of me being destroyed in record time of him going two handed and the other of me giving some of the pain back to him :D

ramyeon

Chalice Ebrietas
Just getting around to watching this now, nice fight! Yours went really similarly to mine, I can't dodge her charge attack at all so I just give up half the time and let her get me lol.

Great Isz Ebrietas

Also a bonus video of Pthumerian Descendant wrecking me as soon as he enters phase 2.

Owned by Pthumerian Descendant

Victory video still uploading.

Neiteio

Just getting around to watching this now, nice fight! Yours went really similarly to mine, I can't dodge her charge attack at all so I just give up half the time and let her get me lol.

Great Isz Ebrietas

Also a bonus video of Pthumerian Descendant wrecking me as soon as he enters phase 2.

Ramyeon, what armor are you wearing in the Ebrietas video? And yeah, I pretty much get hit by the charging tackle all the time, too. I just accept it and heal.

Also, Pthumerian Descendant is surprisingly tough. I cheesed him in the pillars, but I still feel like I earned it since even that was a constant game of cat and mouse.

I actually think Pthumerian Descendant is tougher than the Layer 2 and Layer 3 bosses of Ithyll. I one-shot both of those guys, but Pthumerian Descendant put me through the paces.

ramyeon

Ramyeon, what armor are you wearing in the Ebrietas video? And yeah, I pretty much get hit by the charging tackle all the time, too. I just accept it and heal.

Also, Pthumerian Descendant is surprisingly tough. I cheesed him in the pillars, but I still feel like I earned it since even that was a constant game of cat and mouse.

I actually think Pthumerian Descendant is tougher than the Layer 2 and Layer 3 bosses of Ithyll. I one-shot both of those guys, but Pthumerian Descendant put me through the paces.
Using my Hunter Cap, Knight's Garb, Cainhurst Gauntlets and Cainhurst Legs combination! Probably my favourite look, doing it for the fashion not the stats haha.

And yeah he was a tough cookie. I got really frustrated a few times and just let him kill me. I think I did pretty well on my winning round though, watching back I was impressed with some of the hits I got in and shocked out how stupid some of my moves were too haha. I said I'm happy I won't have to face him for a long time but I kind of want to give it another shot to see if I can do better.
I think this game is bringing out masochistic tendencies I didn't know I had.

Revenge on Pthumerian Descendant

Neiteio

Using my Hunter Cap, Knight's Garb, Cainhurst Gauntlets and Cainhurst Legs combination! Probably my favourite look, doing it for the fashion not the stats haha.

And yeah he was a tough cookie. I got really frustrated a few times and just let him kill me. I think I did pretty well on my winning round though, watching back I was impressed with some of the hits I got in and shocked out how stupid some of my moves were too haha. I said I'm happy I won't have to face him for a long time but I kind of want to give it another shot to see if I can do better.

Watched a bit of the fight — good stuff. I should upload mine. I use a cheesy tactic of luring him to pillars, then charging the transformed Hunter's Axe and spinning, clipping him when he's standing behind statues and knocking him down. However... It's genuinely intense and exciting, haha. He keeps slipping around the corner at the worst times, so it became like a slasher film or something where you're trying to keep out a serial killer or something and he keeps coming back.

ramyeon

Watched a bit of the fight — good stuff. I should upload mine. I use a cheesy tactic of luring him to pillars, then charging the transformed Hunter's Axe and spinning, clipping him when he's standing behind statues and knocking him down. However... It's genuinely intense and exciting, haha. He keeps slipping around the corner at the worst times, so it became like a slasher film or something where you're trying to keep out a serial killer or something and he keeps coming back.
Nice, didn't think of using the pillars! Then again I don't think the Chikage has the reach to make that work. Most people say parrying him is the best way but I just didn't find it reliable enough - until the second form I wasn't comfortable using my gun to parry. Dodging into his attacks worked much better for me, but it meant that I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole fight. There are a few moments where I get punished because my timing was off by a tiny bit or I didn't have enough stamina to get out quick enough. Tough as nails.

God dammit, oh god dammit. Son of a bitch. God dammit.

So I was checking out a guide to make sure I didn't miss anything in the regular game to get platinum once I got so far in the game. I knew it was ending soon so I didn't mind spoilers of stuff I missed. I chose to ignore the stuff after the point of where I was because it was all Chalice Dungeon stuff. Just got to the point in the CD's where I needed mats so I go back to the guide. Apparently I fucking missed something GIGANTIC near the very end of the god damn game. God dammit. Fucking dammit.

Welp, guess I'm running through NG+ for a good while.

God dammit.

ramyeon

God dammit, oh god dammit. Son of a bitch. God dammit.

So I was checking out a guide to make sure I didn't miss anything in the regular game to get platinum once I got so far in the game. I knew it was ending soon so I didn't mind spoilers of stuff I missed. I chose to ignore the stuff after the point of where I was because it was all Chalice Dungeon stuff. Just got to the point in the CD's where I needed mats so I go back to the guide. Apparently I fucking missed something GIGANTIC near the very end of the god damn game. God dammit. Fucking dammit.

Welp, guess I'm running through NG+ for a good while.

God dammit.
Living String?

ramyeon

That sucks, I take it you're in NG+ already?

That ingredient is even purchasable in the Insight Shop once you've obtained it once, unfortunately it's easily missed.
Edit:The sad thing was I was looking at a guide specifically for that part to get the choir bell and it just passes the part of pulling the lever off as nothing.
The only reason I found that was luck I guess. The way out from that area does lead back into the main room and I realised there was an elevator there that wasn't there before.

That sucks, I take it you're in NG+ already?

That ingredient is even purchasable in the Insight Shop once you've obtained it once, unfortunately it's easily missed.

The only reason I found that was luck I guess. The way out from that area does lead back into the main room and I realised there was an elevator there that wasn't there before.

Yeah, I fully accept it was my fuck up for not even really exploring. I was pretty much done with the game at that point and wanting to get to the CD's because I had largely not done them at all to that point. I knew I was pretty much done with the story so I was just wanting to get what mattered and get out kind of.

I still have a save in the cloud that's saved right before
Gehrman
so I guess I could do it that way, but it's weighing the options of losing the progess in the dungeons or replaying through NG+ which could help with leveling up which I do need to do.

I dunno yet.

Nice, didn't think of using the pillars! Then again I don't think the Chikage has the reach to make that work. Most people say parrying him is the best way but I just didn't find it reliable enough - until the second form I wasn't comfortable using my gun to parry. Dodging into his attacks worked much better for me, but it meant that I was literally on the edge of my seat for the whole fight. There are a few moments where I get punished because my timing was off by a tiny bit or I didn't have enough stamina to get out quick enough. Tough as nails.

I had to cheese the prick with the pillars. He's just too damn quick with this Pthumerian Blades of Mercy(I made the name up). Parry would've been reliable if his first hit wasn't so quick in phase 1, you end up having to pre-emptive shoot. Much easier to parry him in his second phase, like you did.

Yeah, I fully accept it was my fuck up for not even really exploring. I was pretty much done with the game at that point and wanting to get to the CD's because I had largely not done them at all to that point. I knew I was pretty much done with the story so I was just wanting to get what mattered and get out kind of.

I still have a save in the cloud that's saved right before
Gehrman
so I guess I could do it that way, but it's weighing the options of losing the progess in the dungeons or replaying through NG+ which could help with leveling up which I do need to do.

I dunno yet.

Aw man that sucks. I'd say go through NG+ since it's a lot easier to rush through since you already know all the enemy movesets and shortcuts. Really depends how far you're in NG+ though.

Great Isz Ebrietas

Is it me or do you not use the blood mode on the Chikage on the bosses?

Good fight, put in some bullet spam towards the end.

Aw man that sucks. I'd say go through NG+ since it's a lot easier to rush through since you already know all the enemy movesets and shortcuts. Really depends how far you're in NG+ though.

Not at all really. I killed Cleric beats thinking it was required to wake the doll in the dream and immediately started doing CD stuff. After thinking about it, I could critical path NG+ pretty fast. What is it? Father G, Vicar, Shadows, Reborn, Micolash and I'm there? Maybe I'm missing one or two though.

ramyeon

I had to cheese the prick with the pillars. He's just too damn quick with this Pthumerian Blades of Mercy(I made the name up). Parry would've been reliable if his first hit wasn't so quick in phase 1, you end up having to pre-emptive shoot. Much easier to parry him in his second phase, like you did.
Yeah the parry timing in the first phase is really weird. It doesn't help that he alternates between an attack with a really extended wind up and an attack with little to no wind up at all. It's basically a roulette which one he'll do at any given time, you either choose to hold off on shooting for a second or shoot. Either way, if you're wrong then you're going to get hit haha. Dodging to his sides worked way better, and I feel like if I had fought him a few more times I would have got the timing down well enough to not get hit at all during his first phase.
Is it me or do you not use the blood mode on the Chikage on the bosses?
I tend to hold off on using it for these bosses, especially ones that are difficult or I'm having trouble with. The HP drain in those cases isn't worth the trade off for a bit of extra damage. My skill and BT are equal so although the two handed mode does deal more damage it's not enough to sacrifice the health and especially in the case of stuff like these bosses - the stamina! I tried it against Pthumerian Descendant and my stamina was just disappearing like crazy because the attacks take more than the one handed mode.

I pretty much only attack in Two-Handed mode with Chikage during PVP though.
Good fight, put in some bullet spam towards the end.
It does look like spam but I was trying to parry his attacks and keep him away from me, the timing is just so fickle and in that form he literally stun locks me into a 3 hit combo that kills me. Painful. I was pretty scared of that final form after many situations like the first video of him ruining me lol.

Small note - you can keep him out of that final form. Didn't know this at the time but much like Logarius you can backstab him as he powers up and it knocks him out of it. He'll keep trying to do it again though so you have to keep on him. Something else to add to things I wish I'd known the first time around in this game haha.

Yeah the parry timing in the first phase is really weird. It doesn't help that he alternates between an attack with a really extended wind up and an attack with little to no wind up at all. It's basically a roulette which one he'll do at any given time, you either choose to hold off on shooting for a second or shoot. Either way, if you're wrong then you're going to get hit haha. Dodging to his sides worked way better, and I feel like if I had fought him a few more times I would have got the timing down well enough to not get hit at all during his first phase.

I tend to hold off on using it for these bosses, especially ones that are difficult or I'm having trouble with. The HP drain in those cases isn't worth the trade off for a bit of extra damage. My skill and BT are equal so although the two handed mode does deal more damage it's not enough to sacrifice the health and especially in the case of stuff like these bosses - the stamina! I tried it against Pthumerian Descendant and my stamina was just disappearing like crazy because the attacks take more than the one handed mode.

I pretty much only attack in Two-Handed mode with Chikage during PVP though.

It does look like spam but I was trying to parry his attacks and keep him away from me, the timing is just so fickle and in that form he literally stun locks me into a 3 hit combo that kills me. Painful. I was pretty scared of that final form after many situations like the first video of him ruining me lol.

Small note - you can keep him out of that final form. Didn't know this at the time but much like Logarius you can backstab him as he powers up and it knocks him out of it. He'll keep trying to do it again though so you have to keep on him. Something else to add to things I wish I'd known the first time around in this game haha.
Since you can't stun lock the guy and he constantly attacks I almost don't even blame you for sticking to skill mode. I usually just do to quick draw attack and switch back quickly, but the attacks come too quick from the bosses I've seen you fight so far.

ramyeon

Since you can't stun lock the guy and he constantly attacks I almost don't even blame you for sticking to skill mode. I usually just do to quick draw attack and switch back quickly, but the attacks come too quick from the bosses I've seen you fight so far.
Yeah, used it against all the main story bosses but these later Chalice Bosses have me being a bit more conservative. Pthumerian Descendant in particular doesn't give you any time to mess around haha. Most of that battle was all just instinctive reaction rather than planned out haha. Doing pretty acceptable damage in Skill mode anyway, most of the fights have been really short, two-handed mode would probably only shave about 30 seconds off each fight in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, used it against all the main story bosses but these later Chalice Bosses have me being a bit more conservative. Pthumerian Descendant in particular doesn't give you any time to mess around haha. Most of that battle was all just instinctive reaction rather than planned out haha. Doing pretty acceptable damage in Skill mode anyway, most of the fights have been really short, two-handed mode would probably only shave about 30 seconds off each fight in the grand scheme of things.
Yeah it's wouldn't be worth it in that case. I think my Chikage character has the shorter boss fights for the most part compared to my skill based threaded cane character, but oddly enough some bosses are just more of a pain for me with my Chikage character, maybe I should try taking some of them slower, might also be because my Skill character has more high rated weapons at her disposal.

How is the Living String missable though? You can't go back and pull the lever? Mother Brain can be killed without doing that?

I pulled the lever and never went farther down than getting the blood rock. Figured it was an optional boss and the guide I looked at had no mention of chalice dungeon stuff so I just didn't bother.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So you used a guide and missed out on an item you would likely have found if you had not used a guide and explored on your own?

Sorry, but I find that absolutely hilarious. You deserve the frustration for relying on a guide. :p Anyway, NG+ goes by really fast.

So you used a guide and missed out on an item you would likely have found if you had not used a guide and explored on your own?

Sorry, but I find that absolutely hilarious. You deserve the frustration for relying on a guide. :p Anyway, NG+ goes by really fast.

Lol, yeah I definitely see the irony. I was basically at
Gehrman
and didn't feel bad looking at a guide at that point to get stuff I might have missed and just didn't bother looking into the chalice dungeon requirements at the time.

KanameYuuki

I'm finally able to buy the Blades of Mercy and after looking at some videos that weapons looks really fun.

My stats are

Lv 63
Vit 36
End 20
Str 29
Skill 15
Bt 7
Arc 6

It is already too late for me to start investing in skill and Arcane and just keep using Ludwig's Holy Blade or should I start leveling those?

I don't care at all about PvP, but I don't want to have way too many troubles in PvE and just have fun.

ramyeon

I'm finally able to buy the Blades of Mercy and after looking at some videos that weapons looks really fun.

My stats are

Lv 63
Vit 36
End 20
Str 29
Skill 15
Bt 7
Arc 6

It is already too late for me to start investing in skill and Arcane and just keep using Ludwig's Holy Blade or should I start leveling those?

I don't care at all about PvP, but I don't want to have way too many troubles in PvE and just have fun.
You only need to invest in Skill for BoM. If you're using LHB then you'd be best going for a Str/Ski based build since BoM scales with skill (Gets up to S rank) and LHB scales with both Strength and Skill (B rank for both).

You only need to invest in arcane if you're using gems to convert the LHB to arcane damage. BoM arcane scaling isn't worth it from what I've seen.

Top Bottom