• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Now I can finally and proudly say that I've beaten Bloodborne. What a ride it has been! Can't wait for NG+ and DLC!

Got the Umbilical Cord ending. Surprisingly, I beat the final boss with 5 Blood vials, though I almost almost died. My coop partner died though, and that got scary.

Great game. One of the finest. Definitely my current GOTY!

gdt

Yeah finally beat this too. What a game. I love this series.

Got the best ending, and quite accidentally. Beat everything except Logarious. Forgot about him during the endgame.

On to Dark Souls II SOTFS

ramyeon

Now I can finally and proudly say that I've beaten Bloodborne. What a ride it has been! Can't wait for NG+ and DLC!

Got the Umbilical Cord ending. Surprisingly, I beat the final boss with 5 Blood vials, though I almost almost died. My coop partner died though, and that got scary.

Great game. One of the finest. Definitely my current GOTY!

Yeah finally beat this too. What a game. I love this series.

Got the best ending, and quite accidentally. Beat everything except Logarious. Forgot about him during the endgame.

On to Dark Souls II SOTFS
You gotta beat the final boss in Pthumeru Ihyll first ;)

Also
Moon Presence is such a let down of a final boss. I actually preferred Gehrman as the final boss by himself. Moon Presence is (Relative to its location in the game) the easiest boss in the game hands down imo. Looks fantastic, but such a let down.

gdt

Also
Moon Presence is such a let down of a final boss. I actually preferred Gehrman as the final boss by himself. Moon Presence is (Relative to its location in the game) the easiest boss in the game hands down imo. Looks fantastic, but such a let down.

I did the first two Chalice dungeons, then I couldn't make the Loran one without a shitload of Ritual Blood and I wasn't gonna grind and farm for that shit.

ramyeon

I did the first two Chalice dungeons, then I couldn't make the Loran one without a shitload of Ritual Blood and I wasn't gonna grind and farm for that shit.
I haven't had to farm any Chalice materials at all so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you do all the main Chalice dungeons in the order they're intended then you get all the material naturally.

Pthumeru > Central Pthumeru > Lower Pthumeru > Ailing Loran > Cursed Pthumerian Defilement > Great Isz > Pthumeru Ihyll.

I haven't had to farm any Chalice materials at all so I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you do all the main Chalice dungeons in the order they're intended then you get all the material naturally.

Pthumeru > Central Pthumeru > Lower Pthumeru > Ailing Loran > Cursed Pthumerian Defilement > Great Isz > Pthumeru Ihyll.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong too, but I've had to do a couple root chalices to get ritual blood 3 and 4. I always seem to be one or two off of the next chalice.

ramyeon

Maybe I'm doing it wrong too, but I've had to do a couple root chalices to get ritual blood 3 and 4. I always seem to be one or two off of the next chalice.
Then you may have either missed picking some up in the main game or missed some treasure rooms in the Chalices you've already done. I have literally not had to redo any out of necessity (I did Great Isz twice because I thought I had to in order to get enough Red Jelly but I realised I stupidly missed a chest and even then I could have just bought one for 5 insight which I didn't realise at the time).

gdt

I haven't missed anything for real. I think I'm short of lvl 5 ritual blood (need 9 only have 5).

Can't make ailing Loran. Even did the Hintertomb and Lower Hintertomb chalice as well.

ramyeon

I haven't missed anything for real. I think I'm short of lvl 5 ritual blood (need 9 only have 5).

Can't make ailing Loran. Even did the Hintertomb and Lower Hintertomb chalice as well.
Ailing Loran only needs Ritual Blood 4. I didn't do any Hintertomb stuff yet and I'm at Ihyll. Have not grinded for materials once and did them in the exact order I posted. So yeah, you've missed something.

In any case, getting 4 more Ritual Blood 4 would not take long at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/33hi6v/even_easier_ritual_blood_4_farming/

Also

It's even worse if you decide to do all chalices and become over powered and then take it out. :p

I can imagine! I was only level 83 when I beat it first time around and even then it was easy!

At 83? Gehrman must've been quite the challenge for you. I let my friend who only played Dark souls for a few hours and never touched Bloodborne beat Moon Presence. He got him it on his first try though my character was around 127 at that time.
There's only one way to make the fight challenging, torch it to death. :p

ramyeon

At 83? Gehrman must've been quite the challenge for you. I let my friend who only played Dark souls for a few hours and never touched Bloodborne beat Moon Presence. He got him it on his first try though my character was around 127 at that time.
There's only one way to make the fight challenging, torch it to death. :p
Gerhman
wasn't too bad, I think it only took me two tries to get him. Parry + Visceral made pretty quick work of him actually haha. And
Moon Presence
I got right away :/

Didn't know there was a torch only boss run haha now I think I've seen everything.

Gerhman
wasn't too bad, I think it only took me two tries to get him. Parry + Visceral made pretty quick work of him actually haha. And
Moon Presence
I got right away :/

Didn't know there was a torch only boss run haha now I think I've seen everything.

You're pretty good, took me quite a while to get his parry timings. Though
Gehrman
is the most satisfying mandatory bossfight, good test of everything you learned through the entire game. The music adds so much to the fight as well.

Oh you'd be surprised. There are Gun only and Fist only runs as well by the same guy. The soulsborne community really is something. :D

So despite the Watch Dog going down in 3-4 attempts (boss was super easy IMO), Amygdala is kicking my ass even though I know about the tail cheese method. I guess I'm too impatient and trying to land too many L2 Ludwig blows when she lands; I guess only 1 is safe.

Heya buddies, do i have to keep hitting every suspicious wall or what? I don't want to look like a fool trying to find illusory walls that don't actually exist. Are they a thing in this game?

Heya buddies, do i have to keep hitting every suspicious wall or what? I don't want to look like a fool trying to find illusory walls that don't actually exist. Are they a thing in this game?

Don't think so in the regular game, but quite common in the Chalice Dungeons. Usually one per floor at least a lot of the time.

Don't think so in the regular game, but quite common in the Chalice Dungeons. Usually one per floor at least a lot of the time.

I've never found one so far yet. Are they all in the root chalices or did I just not look properly?

what do after amygdala?

Your previous boss was Rom I take it? Just run past the door with the guarding Amygdala and you'll get to the unseen village.

I ve just encountered
Shadow of Yharnham
Is there a bonfire somewhere close there or should I take the long way route beginning in the bonfire in Forbidden Woods?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What? No way. They exist but they're really rare.

I ve just encountered
Is there a bonfire somewhere close there or should I take the long way route beginning in the bonfire in Forbidden Woods?
You should have found at least 2 shortcuts...

83 is not a low end-game level at all. If you don't do chalices or the more obscure optional areas on your initial playthrough, it's easy to end up much lower than that. My first time through I leveled up regularly and ended up level 59.

Oh it's definitely not low level since levels pretty much don't matter in the end. That's what makes BL4 runs possible. I just found that many people finished the game at around level 110-120 based on what I've read online.

I'm not real sure, I guess I could be wrong but it seems like they've been insanely common for me so far. Felt odd after never finding one in the main game.

I read the Wiki and there's apparently only 5 illusionary walls in the entire game, chalice included. 4 in Lower pthumeru and 1 in Upper Cathedral ward.
It's counting the window in Lumenflower Gardens
There must be more than just these though, in root maybe.

What? No way. They exist but they're really rare.

Really? I must have had some weird as luck in root or something right before going into or out of the chalice with 4 because I feel like I've had them a crazy amount.

I even had one that went to just a small room with some simple enemy in it and it made me think there was another wall inside that damn room.

My mistake then.

Oh it's definitely not low level since levels pretty much don't matter in the end. That's what makes BL4 runs possible. I just found that many people finished the game at around level 110-120 based on what I've read online.
As someone finishing up the last couple optional bosses of a BL4 run, I can tell you levels definitely matter. :) Of course you're right that technically you're never really "underleveled" for anything, since everything can be done at lowest level. I was just saying I don't think level 83 is atypical for that fight, probably the upper end of the normal range.

I just found that many people finished the game at around level 110-120 based on what I've read online.
Hmm, I guess it depends. An end-game level in the range 110-120 is probably common among those who do all the chalice dungeons on their first playthrough, but I suspect most people don't do that, since the later chalices (defiled in particular) are so much harder than the main game. I definitely don't think the depth 4/5 dungeons were meant to be completed before NG+. Wouldn't the main game be really anticlimactic after beefing up to finish Defiled Pthumeru?

KanameYuuki

I'm so glad I decided to start using the BoM and thanks ramyeon for explaining about the scaling related to skill, I was struggling so much with
Gehrman
because I was too impatient after I got him to 40% and then I decided to give them a shot with him and that dodge+attack saved my life, now I wish I haven't +10 Ludwig's Holy Blade, I unlocked the Burial Blade and boy it is boss.

As someone finishing up the last couple optional bosses of a BL4 run, I can tell you levels definitely matter. :) Of course you're right that technically you're never really "underleveled" for anything, since everything can be done at lowest level. I was just saying I don't think level 83 is atypical for that fight, probably the upper end of the normal range.

Hmm, I guess it depends. An end-game level in the range 110-120 is probably common among those who do all the chalice dungeons on their first playthrough, but I suspect most people don't do that, since the later chalices (defiled in particular) are so much harder than the main game. I definitely don't think the depth 4/5 dungeons were meant to be completed before NG+. Wouldn't the main game be really anticlimactic after beefing up to finish Defiled Pthumeru?
Chalice dungeons bring you up to 150, imo. 100-120 is just a generally accepted endgame level for first time players for the main story.

ramyeon

Yeah Chalice stuff would definitely bring you above 120 if you keep levelling. I just finished them and by the end of it I had just wasted away millions of Echoes because I don't want to level past 120 for PVP reasons.

I don't think I levelled up very much on my first time through the game. Especially since I never really did any grinding for levels.

Finished the first layer of a Rotted Ailing Loran Root dungeon, almost did a double take when the Witches of Hemwick showed up as a regular enemy, gems are shit in this dungeon too so far.

ramyeon

Finished the first layer of a Rotted Ailing Loran Root dungeon, almost did a double take when the Witches of Hemwick showed up as a regular enemy, gems are shit in this dungeon too so far.
What kind of gems are you after?

Most of the best gems in the game are Cursed Gems so you'll need to do a Cursed Dungeon, but they'll have negative effects as well. You can find glyphs online of peoples' dungeons where good gems drop.

What kind of gems are you after?

Most of the best gems in the game are Cursed Gems so you'll need to do a Cursed Dungeon, but they'll have negative effects as well. You can find glyphs online of peoples' dungeons where good gems drop.
I'm trying to do stuff where I don't have to farm for materials honestly. I'm not really in the mood to waste red jelly as well so I don't want to do anything too high level. Should look online too. Need to find that document somebody posted on here again.

Griss

Well, just finished it. Astonishing game all told. Fantastic.

But it did, in the end, have a lot of the same flaws as other Souls games. Lots of areas locked behind utterly opaque secrets that you are very unlikely to ever find on your own (I played offline as my internet is/was down), and a disappointing and vague ending. It really was a souls game from start to finish, lol.

Still, the first half of the game, especially, was just stunningly good. The second half was only 'excellent'. I'll take that.

Melchiah

I couldn't resist the urge to buy the official guide, eventhough I've already completed the game twice. I just wanted to have it for the artwork and information. Hopefully it's worth it.

ramyeon

I couldn't resist the urge to buy the official guide, eventhough I've already completed the game twice. I just wanted to have it for the artwork and information. Hopefully it's worth it.
I did the same! Nice to have just for the sake of it. It's very thorough. Less artwork than I'd like in it but there are some nice 3D models that look great. It's really well presented.

Melchiah

I did the same! Nice to have just for the sake of it. It's very thorough. Less artwork than I'd like in it but there are some nice 3D models that look great. It's really well presented.

Good to know. Does it contain information about the enemies and locations? That's one thing that was lacking in the game.

ramyeon

Good to know. Does it contain information about the enemies and locations? That's one thing that was lacking in the game.
I actually haven't had time to sit down and read through it properly but it definitely lists the official names of enemies at least!

mewmew42

Any chance someone here can help me against boss in mergo's loft base

I unlocked the lift to crazy guy with cage helmet

Can't find mergo's loft middle

Please help

Psn id : DeducibleTiger

Thank you in advance

I'm level 50 with rifle spear +7

Minamu

Any chance someone here can help me against boss in mergo's loft base

I unlocked the lift to crazy guy with cage helmet

Can't find mergo's loft middle

Please help

Psn id : DeducibleTiger

Thank you in advance

I'm level 50 with rifle spear +7
Did you beat the boss?
In the final part of the fight, you drop down a hole to catch him. just outside the room at the top, there will be an "elevator" of sorts that will lead you ahead.

mewmew42

Did you beat the boss?
In the final part of the fight, you drop down a hole to catch him. just outside the room at the top, there will be an "elevator" of sorts that will lead you ahead.

No haven't beaten any boss at mergo's loft

Thought I get help

Want to make my first burial blade build >_<

Minamu

My psn id: DeducibleTiger

Set a password and we good to go

I'm already at fog gate in front of crazy man with cage helmet
Coudln't find your name for a friend request, and can't log in into the game either xD wtf, trying to restart the ps4. Edit: Nope, something is broken on my end or with the EU servers today :/ Sorry. Edit2: Well, just realized that my character is nowhere near you anyway xD derp. Just got into ng+++ :/

konjak

Decided to play some Bloodborne after a few months, and got a weird... bug? In the list of Hunter's Dream locations, warping to "Cathedral Ward" drops me in Great Cathedral, but the title card for the area says "Cathedral Ward", hah.

Is this something well-known? I can live with it, but it's somewhat annoying. I haven't kept trying a dozen times, but it happened about three times in a row now. Tried searching for others whom this happened to but didn't see anything.

Top Bottom