• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

KanameYuuki

Welp Amygdala was defeated, I'm sorry guys, I had to cheese my way through T~T

And top of the page so everyone will know about my sin.
Praise the cheese blood.

Euron

Out of curiosity, what's everyones favorite bosses?
Gehrman is up there with Senator Armstrong as one of the best final bosses in any game ever.

Gascoigne is the best first boss a game like Bloodborne could have. Basically "learn the mechanics or fuck you"

Martyr Logarius was an absolutely insane fight. He kicked my ass many times but it I believe it easily holds its own among the best fights in the Souls series.

Vicar Amelia was an amazing fight from every aspect: Design, sound, music, challenge, fun factor.

The Abhorrent Beast was also a pretty great fight (though fuck the one in the Forbidden Woods)

KanameYuuki

Gehrman and Gascoigne(This guy was a serious road block and made me quit the game a lot) were my fav, they had the right amount of speed, challenge and control that you want to have in a fight.

There is a special mention to the Celestial Emissary with his minions, the way they walk is so funny, I though I was playing a boss in Mario or something like that haha, they are way too cute and funny.

Gehrman definitely. Everything from the boss arena to the music and the fight itself is extremely satisfying. Amelia, Logarius and Blood starved beast were fun too. Special props to Ebrietas though, for making me pull my hair out.

And of course, not to forget.
Micolash. Awooooooooooo.
tumblr_nmx1e0P1TY1t3ongfo1_500.jpg

Gehrman is probably my favorite moment in the game, just because of the setting and the style of the area and just the moment overall.

As for fight and mechanics though, I would probably say either Amygdala or the alien thing in the garden before Ebreites. I just liked that I ran around for probably a half hour without knowing how the fight worked until I just ran into a large group of them and started swinging. Was kind of a cool novelty.

Watchdog is one of the more intensive boss battles ever, is the new Flamelurker.

Ebrietas was also very cool.

Human bosses: Gehrman and Eileen final hunter quest

I beat the game last night and got all 3 endings. Gehrman is so fast and gave me some trouble. Marytr Logarius and Ebrietas will always have my hatred. Those two were roadblocks for hours.

Only thing left is the Chalice dungeons.

Soulhouf

I think Bloodborne has only great bosses for once. I can easily choose my favorite in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but here I love them all.

If I had to pick up one, it would be Ebrietas: insane Lovecraftian design, brilliant move set, good music and a very fun and epic boss overall.
Ever since I saw her in that Project Beast trailer, I was looking forward to the day where I stand against that majestic boss. I prefer the original black design though, more creepy.

All hail Ebrietas!

KanameYuuki

After leveling a stat to 50 should I start leveling the others and leave that one as it is? my Vit and Skill are already 50 and I don't know if I should now increase my Bloodtinge and arcane to use equipment, or should I just stick leveling Strength and Endurance.

Soulhouf

After leveling a stat to 50 should I start leveling the others and leave that one as it is? my Vit and Skill are already 50 and I don't know if I should now increase my Bloodtinge and arcane to use equipment, or should I just stick leveling Strength and Endurance.

Usually you stop at 50. That's where you hit a big diminishing return.
If you're happy with your build, stop leveling up. The good thing is that loosing your echoes is no longer an issue at that point.

Definitely stop at 50 for any stat except Endurance, stop at 40. Only raise enough strength to use the weapon unless your going a stength build. With your skill, I recommend Blade of Mercy, Threaded Cane and Burial Blade if you don't have it already.

Bloodtinge is surprisingly helpful. If you can try to raise it to a point where the chikage turns into a helpful weapon, it's one of my favorites from the game.

KanameYuuki

I've been using the Burial Blade and it is quite useful, I think it is my fav weapon in the game, I have a Ludwig+10 but that weapon is so boring haha, I also find my bullets seriously useless, so I guess I'll start lvling up Bloodtinge.

I've been using the Burial Blade and it is quite useful, I think it is my fav weapon in the game, I have a Ludwig+10 but that weapon is so boring haha, I also find my bullets seriously useless, so I guess I'll start lvling up Bloodtinge.

The main use of pistols is to parry attacks. You don't need Bloodtinge for that.

Unless you plan a build entirely around Bloodtinge is not really recommended, nor necessary.

If you are using Burial Blade level up Arcane, it scales with Arcane as well, and you get access to cool and useful items. It also will make your bullets less useless (magical items works with bullets in BB)

KanameYuuki

Whee~~~ I got the Platinum, I must say this was way easier than Demon's souls or at least less time consuming, Shout out to Soulhouf for the help with the last 2 bosses Looking at your Chikage made me get jelly haha., without his helpI wouldn't be able to get past the headless beast, the queen was cool, I wish more bosses had specific mechanics.

Then I'll lvl up Arcane on my main and I will start a Bloodtinge focus character.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played in ages, I really need to finish my NG+ playthrough before the DLC.

Whee~~~ I got the Platinum, I must say this was way easier than Demon's souls or at least less time consuming, Shout out to Soulhouf for the help with the last 2 bosses Looking at your Chikage made me get jelly haha., without his helpI wouldn't be able to get past the headless beast, the queen was cool, I wish more bosses had specific mechanics.

Then I'll lvl up Arcane on my main and I will start a Bloodtinge focus character.
You should honestly go skill/bloodtinge, it makes the beginning less bullshit since it gives you access to the cane which is a really good starter weapon. The reach of the cane also pairs with the close up power of the Chikage.

teokrazia

I'm in Old Yharnam and I've beaten...
the machine gun guy

The game is simply amazing: the mood, the art, the level design and, least but not last, the combat. It's the first 'souls' game that really clicks me with its fight mechanics.Pure dope.

bucyou55

Banned
Probably answered before but i couldnt find it

If i did not kill the mother brain, will it still be at the bottom when i go back so i can get the livign string without doing NG+ ?

last trophy i need for plat is the queen

ramyeon

I'm in Old Yharnam and I've beaten...
the machine gun guy

The game is simply amazing: the mood, the art, the level design and, least but not last, the combat. It's the first 'souls' game that really clicks me with its fight mechanics.Pure dope.
So did you beat him or did he take a plunge? ;)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So did you beat him or did he take a plunge? ;)

Fuck that guy lol, he was so hard until I realised he was an idiot and would follow me down the ladder without actually using the ladder.....

ramyeon

Fuck that guy lol, he was so hard until I realised he was an idiot and would follow me down the ladder without actually using the ladder.....
You're definitely not supposed to fight him at that point in the game, but even when I've come back later (After beating Paarl and befriending him to get the gesture lol) and tried to fight him legit one on one he ends up jumping off the roof :/

You're definitely not supposed to fight him at that point in the game, but even when I've come back later (After beating Paarl and befriending him to get the gesture lol) and tried to fight him legit one on one he ends up jumping off the roof :/
I fought him before Gherman last time and pulled his ass apart.

KevinG

Have fun, the Daughter of the Cosmos is perpetually on her period.

Found a cooperator, and had her down to a sliver of healthier first try, but my full bar of health was depleted by one bolt of lightning or some white laser thing. I have resigned my patience for the evening.

Manu

I just found out that if you quit the game the moment the brain sucking ladies grab you, you will have full health and all your Insight when you reload. lel

Found a cooperator, and had her down to a sliver of healthier first try, but my full bar of health was depleted by one bolt of lightning or some white laser thing. I have resigned my patience for the evening.
What's your level and weapons? I've always beaten her solo.

KanameYuuki

That laser is serous business and it's even worse that it is three burst.

ramyeon

This.

An entire DLC of bosses like that....
ItCrowdDenholmWindow.gif
Matyr Logarius is one of the best bosses in the game! I know a lot of people struggled with him but I never found him that hard. He's really fun to fight imo. His first stage is all about dodging into his attacks and getting hits in and then his second stage is all about parry parry parry. Have a lot of fun with that fight every time I do it.

Gimme a DLC full of bosses like that any day!

Matyr Logarius is one of the best bosses in the game! I know a lot of people struggled with him but I never found him that hard. He's really fun to fight imo. His first stage is all about dodging into his attacks and getting hits in and then his second stage is all about parry parry parry. Have a lot of fun with that fight every time I do it.

Gimme a DLC full of bosses like that any day!
Yeah he's not cheap at all, it's all about managing his attack patterns. Old dude is fun to fight and his music is bad ass.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I've been thinking a lot about what i would like in a bloodborne sequel, and I would really love a return of more traditional magic. The one we got was kind of watered down in a lot of regards. I understand why (thematically) but magic did offer up a pretty different play style for people. One of the big criticism I hear about the game is that there feels like a lot less playstyles in general.

After finishing this once, I played Splatoon quite a bit and I'm ready to go back to Yharnam.
Should I go to NG+ or should I play a new build from zero? You decide !

ramyeon

It's impossible to choose a favourite boss for me in this game - I really think I enjoy most of them (A few exceptions exist like Celestial Emissary because it's just so boring). I really, really enjoy Logarius and the Shadows of Yharnam though. The latter feels so rewarding when you nail it. Dancing around the arena and luring them exactly where you want them so you can bait an attack and then deliver a visceral. So good.

Only let down is that once two of them are down it's just too easy to go all out and spam R1 on the remaining one. In fact you're kind of encouraged to do so in order to prevent it from summoning the giant snakes.

teokrazia

Did you make sure to reload or revisit the roof to pick up his badge? Easy to miss!

I was lucky:
Once he died, I've taken a look on the spot where he fell down. I've noticed the shiny icon. climbed down the ladder, killed a couple of mobs and retrieved the Powder Keg badge

I'm not sure what I can do with it, because I'm playing a total blind run and slowing learning things on my own, but the sense of accomplishment was great! :p

I was lucky:
Once he died, I've taken a look on the spot where he fell down. I've noticed the shiny icon. climbed down the ladder, killed a couple of mobs and retrieved the Powder Keg badge

I'm not sure what I can do with it, because I'm playing a total blind run and slowing learning things on my own, but the sense of accomplishment was great! :p

Well if you really want to go in blind, check the item description of the Saw hunter badge if you've acquired it, you'll know what you can do with it then.

teokrazia

Thanks for the advice.

TBH, I wasn't supposed to play the game yet.
I've bought it some days ago and I just wanted to have a brief taste of it, waiting to finish TW3.
But I cannot stop. :D

[now, I'm in real troubles playing two so addicting games at the same time ^^]

Caramello

So I'm having major issues with
Shadows of Yharnam
(I think this is a mid-game boss). I haven't had the urge to summon with any other boss but I'm getting that urge right now!

Melchiah

So I'm having major issues with
Shadows of Yharnam
(I think this is a mid-game boss). I haven't had the urge to summon with any other boss but I'm getting that urge right now!

Keep the pillar between you and the flameball guy. Kill the katana guy first, then the one with the flaming katana, and last the one throwing balls of fire.

Top Bottom