• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

neoism

lecture hall

Im using cursed +19.8% attack gems

Anybody know if you're supposed to get more exp from NG+ to NG++

Yeah I still think this is the best leveling spot with all three more echoes runes... Even better than the 3 pigs because of the insanely short loading when using a mask it's like 9-10 seconds that's even before the patch... It's like 21k in 2 minutes....

Yeah I still think this is the best leveling spot with all three more echoes runes... Even better than the 3 pigs because of the insanely short loading when using a mask it's like 9-10 seconds that's even before the patch... It's like 21k in 2 minutes....

NG+ is a tad under 100k a run.

NG++ seems the same.... and I rushed here =(

CatPee

Chikage users! For gems, it's better to ignore regular attack gems in favor for blood attack gems, right?

The game seems to have a bug where "Physical ATK Up" gems also increase Blood damage on any weapons that have it (all guns, Reiterpallasch, Rifle Spear, Chikage), so get those on if you can. They'll increase both the one-handed damage and the transformed 2-hand damage.

Sorry.....but the Invading part has left a sour taste in our mouths to the point of shelving the game for awhile. We're not that good to begin with and our first venture into the "Souls" base game. Three of us try to help each other out, be in a area, boss or dungeon. It's bad enough to deal with enemies but getting the notice an invader has arrived makes it an extra thorn in our side. If we wanted PvP, then we would be looking for it.

We've always like the co-op part of games and most have a "Optional PvP" mode...this more or less throws it at you no matter if you want it or like it. We're just wanting to play, collect and clear...that's it. Not that hard to take. I wish there was a way to communicate to an invader we don't want to fight but if you want to go thru with us fine. But ooooh noooo....Mr.Invader wants to rain on our day all in the name of putting up a YouTube video and brag.....gee wiz....what a life.

A few nights ago we got invaded three time in 1-1/2 hrs and night before twice. I've probably seen close to 12-13. One night the same guy twice within one hour...so these clowns are trolling. They just need to put up some maps and offer 1v1, 2v2 and even 3v3 letting them whack each other silly leaving the p and co-op players to finish the game left alone.

Jesus, if there are three of you and you can't somehow gank one invader (who has a 30% reduction in health just like your summons), then there's a problem and it's not with the game. Souls games have traditionally been mostly solo experiences with summoning as the easy mode in case you get stuck, and Bloodborne is the most casual of them in that you can only get invaded if there's a Bell Maiden in your area that only appears when you decide to co-op. Just listen for the ringing bell, find her, and kill her. Or summon right in front of the fog door before a boss and pass through when all are present. It's stupidly easy to avoid invasions.

Ferr986

Attack gems are better because they buff both damage types.

^
It should be higher still!

The game seems to have a bug where "Physical ATK Up" gems also increase Blood damage on any weapons that have it (all guns, Reiterpallasch, Rifle Spear, Chikage), so get those on if you can. They'll increase both the one-handed damage and the transformed 2-hand damage.

Ahh, interesting. Didn't know that.

I was asking because I found a +21,6% blood attack and I was thinking on changing one of the +18% attack up for that.

ChryZ

Well, now the hunt is really over ...

CDdjAdzVAAAyDfN.jpg:large

ok NG++ gives you more exp but its not much

lecture hall with 3 moon runes gives me a tad less than 100k in NG+
I get about 120k in NG++

Soooo yeahhhh

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Probably my biggest issue with the game...

bb01g4swp.gif

Here I made zero attempt to change my lock-on, but while hacking away at the bell maiden the lock switched to the spiders behind me. I got lucky in this instance, but this behavior gets me killed sometimes. I wish you could shut this off. I tried the auto lock in the options but to no avail.

Ferr986

oh man just found I can do a stronger attack with the Chikage when going from 1h to 2h mode with the sheath animation. That changes everything when I'm recovering stamina...

burgerdog

bb01g4swp.gif

Here I made zero attempt to change my lock-on, but while hacking away at the bell maiden the lock switched to the spiders behind me. I got lucky in this instance, but this behavior gets me killed sometimes. I wish you could shut this off. I tried the auto lock in the options but to no avail.

This has never happened to me in any Souls/Blood game. Odd.

Having tons of issues fighting the hunter enemy at bygrenwerth (or however you spell it)

One at top of stairs for people who know

Any tips? I'm getting my ass handed to me

Afrocious

Damn, I just need 2 more Red Jelly to make this stupid chalice to get to the queen? Anyone have any tips as to where to find 2 more?

Having completed the game, anyone know where this promo photo is taken from?
Looks kind of like Old Workshop.

This has never happened to me.

Damn, I just need 2 more Red Jelly to make this stupid chalice to get to the queen? Anyone have any tips as to where to find 2 more?

Lower Loran Chalice (One in layer 2, one in layer 3)
Great Isz Chalice (Two in layer 3)

Notes
Can be purchased from the Insight Messengers for 5 Insight after conducting the ritual for Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice.

Afrocious

Lower Loran Chalice (One in layer 2, one in layer 3)
Great Isz Chalice (Two in layer 3)

Notes
Can be purchased from the Insight Messengers for 5 Insight after conducting the ritual for Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice.

Awesome. In that case, you know where I can farm for some Ritual Blood 5s? I need one more to get Great Isz, but then I'll need more to get the Ihyll chalice open.

i got two through one of my chalices, if you don't get help in the next couple of hours, i'll give you the glyph when i get home

Awesome.

Tevious

bb01g4swp.gif

I haven't encountered this issue. Are you absolutely sure you didn't accidentally switch targets when locked-on?

If you move the right stick suddenly to the right or left when locked on, it will switch targets. Perhaps that's what happens to you without realizing it.

Mogwai

Having tons of issues fighting the hunter enemy at bygrenwerth (or however you spell it)

One at top of stairs for people who know

Any tips? I'm getting my ass handed to me
My strategy is to
go a bit up the stairs and get the hunter to initiate its path. Quickly run down and hide under the staircase. Don't let the hunter see you. The hunter will go down the stairs and walk back up to face a chest without moving again. Sneak up and do your most damaging attack. You might be able to get a small combo going. After that, sprint all the way back to the lantern. This should make the hunter go back to face the chest. Repeat until dead.

This is clearly Hemwick's on the way down to the Executioners and to open the locked door for the shortcut. Altered for whatever reason on the final build.

Looks like an old version of Hemwick, not the Old Workshop.

I don't think it was altered in any way. The player in that promo is just there before nighttime. I rushed there on my newest build and managed to see it during the daytime and it looked like this image.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
If you move the right stick suddenly to the right or left when locked on, it will switch targets. Perhaps that's what happens to you without realizing it.

I think that's definitely it. It just seems quite sensitive to me compared to previous games. It seemed to be limited to a small range to the left or right of your current target in Dark Souls but in BB I've experienced it allowing enemies behind me that are nowhere on the screen to be considered in this target quick-search function. I wish I could shut it off to see if it helped...

Jyrii

Banned
Ye it is those Ice attacks that are getting me.

When she raises her head, she will use the raining attack. Run away to avoid it. If you get hit, heal immediately. I think she uses the ground move only if you are closer to her, so it is good to lure that attack every now and then as you can easily just move away from the AoE

Zocano

If the game can be beaten at SL4 then you don't ever *need* to level up to beat something. It's just a matter of gittin' gud.

How exactly do rally gems work? Am I gaining a % of the weapons damage as rally time or extra HP gained back?

Or is there a set time before the rally goes away and I'm literrally adding 2.4 seconds onto that or whatever? Seems like it could come in handy on some of these tougher bosses where taking the time for a blood vial is risky

Jyrii

Banned
I did some side stuff and leveled up a bit but G
ehrman
is still kicking my ass.

Last time I got his health to 1/10, but my healing didn't activate in time. Now I am again out of vials.

Kusagari

Abhorrent Beast
on the final layer of the chalice dungeon is destroying me.

Anyone have any tips? His stuff feels so hard to dodge.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Headless
Bloodletting Beast
down. Wow that was a tough fight. One more!

It will be listed at the
tombstone next to the Yharnam Tombstone in the Hunter's Dream. Name is Hypogean Gaol I want to say, but that might be wrong.

Check the gravestone to the left of the one you usually use in hunters dream.

Found it, thanks.

So what's the best place to farm for twin bloodstone shards? Just got Ludwig's Holy Blade and freaking love this weapon. Want to max it out ASAP.

Top Bottom