• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Just started playing 2 nights ago. Still early but can't figure out how to get back to a place I ended up in.

In order I first killed Father G, then the cleric beast, then the gatling gun guy in old yharnam and then blood starved beast. I started wandering around looking for the next boss and got killed by some hooded monster. After my death it went to a cutscene and I revived in Yahar gul. I messed around in there for a bit then, got killed a couple of times by that big electric boss (dark beast of something). Found a lantern and decided to go back to the Hunter’s Dream to level up. I thought that because I found a lantern I’d be able to go back to Yahar Gul but I can’t now, there’s no lantern for it on the list. So how do I get back there?

E92 M3

Got the plat, was really taking my time and finally decided to just beat the game for it. Nice to have every Souls game I played to be completed with all achievements.

KNoon

Neo Member
I thought that because I found a lantern I’d be able to go back to Yahar Gul but I can’t now, there’s no lantern for it on the list. So how do I get back there?

It will be listed at the
tombstone next to the Yharnam Tombstone in the Hunter's Dream. Name is Hypogean Gaol I want to say, but that might be wrong.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I feel like this is some 1996, playground bullshit: one of my co-workers said there is a secret encumbrance metric and that your stamina regens slower based on how much stuff you have in your inventory. That true?

Arjen

I feel like this is some 1996, playground bullshit: one of my co-workers said there is a secret encumbrance metric and that your stamina regens slower based on how much stuff you have in your inventory. That true?

The handlantern affects it, and I saw some tests on reddit that if you equip multiple heavy weapons, stamina is also affected.

AngryMoth

Not quite, far as I know it's related to how many weapons you have equipped. So if you have something in your second slots that will be hurting you stamina regen. The hand lantern also affects it

Yeah, that's most likely true. And yes, it's playground rumour bullshit and I love that. :p

Blinck

Quick question regarding point of no return:

I'm in Mergo's Loft:Middle - I know I'm near the end of the game...will beating the next boss make me go to new game + ? If I want to explore other areas better, should I do it now?

myco666

Quick question regarding point of no return:

I'm in Mergo's Loft:Middle - I know I'm near the end of the game...will beating the next boss make me go to new game + ? If I want to explore other areas better, should I do it now?

You can beat that boss. Point of no return boss is when you see burning house.

Just started playing 2 nights ago. Still early but can't figure out how to get back to a place I ended up in.

In order I first killed Father G, then the cleric beast, then the gatling gun guy in old yharnam and then blood starved beast. I started wandering around looking for the next boss and got killed by some hooded monster. After my death it went to a cutscene and I revived in Yahar gul. I messed around in there for a bit then, got killed a couple of times by that big electric boss (dark beast of something). Found a lantern and decided to go back to the Hunter’s Dream to level up. I thought that because I found a lantern I’d be able to go back to Yahar Gul but I can’t now, there’s no lantern for it on the list. So how do I get back there?

Check the gravestone to the left of the one you usually use in hunters dream.

I could easily join a game to fight Rom at level 47, but when I use the bell nothing happens.

I'm going to kill myself if I can't beat Rom soon. I hate this boss and I am garbage at him. This will be my 38th death.

Xeilyn

I could easily join a game to fight Rom at level 47, but when I use the bell nothing happens.

I'm going to kill myself if I can't beat Rom soon. I hate this boss and I am garbage at him. This will be my 38th death.
I think there are alot of people that just dont like helping others. I can help you with rom if you want

burgerdog

I'm going to help a friend with forbidden woods at 2pm pst, if you still need help around then I will help you out.

Alpende

Mannnn... I almost had Ge
hrman
. I now know how he moves and when I should strike. Leveled up a bit and hope to take him down tomorrow...

jimmypython

Ebrietas
is just the fucking worst. THE WORST. This is probably the most attempts I've ever had to make to try and defeat a Souls boss.

I'll get her health down to the last 1/3rd and
she'll start using her homing magic missiles and I'm just at a loss from there. I'll sprint around her, dodge her blood-spewing frenzy-inducing attacks and she'll have a go at me with her magic laser beams again. I barely have any time to attack her during this stage.

And it's not like the pre-missiles part of the battle is any easier. I've tried baiting her into doing a slam attack, but that seems unreliable since she'll be baited into doing that damn charge attack as well. And I've tried to hug her butt dark souls style but the camera angles go WIIIILD everytime I try to do that.

Any tips, guys? How do I defeat this damn thing.

I'm at this boss too. so many tries ...errrr

In the last thread someone posted a video of themselves doing the fight at SL4 and it showed the best way I've seen to avoid those. Can't find the exact video but here's the method from another: https://youtu.be/aKwQEBOgZdE?t=234

Wow this seems effective! I'll try it today..thanks for the video.

myco666

Beyond annoyed now.
Lower Loran spoiler

http://m.imgur.com/CKdnN87

Oh wow. Had few times like this in defiled chalice. Feels good.

I can probably help you soon if you want and if my internet wants to cooperate.

Skii

Ebrietas
is just the fucking worst. THE WORST. This is probably the most attempts I've ever had to make to try and defeat a Souls boss.

she'll start using her homing magic missiles and I'm just at a loss from there. I'll sprint around her, dodge her blood-spewing frenzy-inducing attacks and she'll have a go at me with her magic laser beams again. I barely have any time to attack her during this stage.

And it's not like the pre-missiles part of the battle is any easier. I've tried baiting her into doing a slam attack, but that seems unreliable since she'll be baited into doing that damn charge attack as well. And I've tried to hug her butt dark souls style but the camera angles go WIIIILD everytime I try to do that.

Those beams are extremely easy to dodge. You can either sprint in a circular fashion to avoid them or you can side dash away from them. I've even seen people just walk whilst locked on to dodge it.

Maybe give it a rest and try tomorrow? Some times you just need to do that in order to mentally refresh yourself. Also you probably start rushing the more runs you do.

Sorry.....but the Invading part has left a sour taste in our mouths to the point of shelving the game for awhile. We're not that good to begin with and our first venture into the "Souls" base game. Three of us try to help each other out, be in a area, boss or dungeon. It's bad enough to deal with enemies but getting the notice an invader has arrived makes it an extra thorn in our side. If we wanted PvP, then we would be looking for it.

We've always like the co-op part of games and most have a "Optional PvP" mode...this more or less throws it at you no matter if you want it or like it. We're just wanting to play, collect and clear...that's it. Not that hard to take. I wish there was a way to communicate to an invader we don't want to fight but if you want to go thru with us fine. But ooooh noooo....Mr.Invader wants to rain on our day all in the name of putting up a YouTube video and brag.....gee wiz....what a life.

A few nights ago we got invaded three time in 1-1/2 hrs and night before twice. I've probably seen close to 12-13. One night the same guy twice within one hour...so these clowns are trolling. They just need to put up some maps and offer 1v1, 2v2 and even 3v3 letting them whack each other silly leaving the p and co-op players to finish the game left alone.

No offence but if there are three of you and you are still struggling to beat an invader, you pretty much deserve it.

I don't know what to say to be honest. It is a vital component of the online part of this game. The fact that someone can invade you at any moment whilst you traverse this nightmare is what makes it so thrilling. If anything, invasions were far more prominent in Demon's and Dark Souls. Bloodborne has definitely toned it down in that regard (a change I don't particularly like).

It also seems like because you're constantly cooping, you aren't improving and therefore will struggle with any interaction against those that played the game solo. I'd suggest maybe doing your first playthrough solo so that you are significantly better at the game and then coop with friends for NG+ so you can deal with any invaders far better.

Oni Jazar

Ebrietas

I'm also at this boss. First time I've actually had to farm for blood vials. :(

So, after the patch I've noticed my health drop, as if I were poisoned, when using the Burial Blade... I've never had this happen to me before, as I am on NG++, and have been maining it since NG+. Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: My dumb ass didn't realize it was a bloodgem that was doing it.

ThisOne

Just beat the game.
Lol at the ending...what the hell was that short little cut scene with me as a slug or whatever. Also, Moon Presence was a pretty disappointing fight. Gehrman was cool though and a very fun fight.

What's the complete list of weapons required to get the trophy, by the way?

No offence but if there are three of you and you are still struggling to beat an invader, you pretty much deserve it.

I don't know what to say to be honest. It is a vital component of the online part of this game. The fact that someone can invade you at any moment whilst you traverse this nightmare is what makes it so thrilling. If anything, invasions were far more prominent in Demon's and Dark Souls. Bloodborne has definitely toned it down in that regard (a change I don't particularly like).

It also seems like because you're constantly cooping, you aren't improving and therefore will struggle with any interaction against those that played the game solo. I'd suggest maybe doing your first playthrough solo so that you are significantly better at the game and then coop with friends for NG+ so you can deal with any invaders far better.
Yeah, and unlike Dark Souls armor doesn't really matter as much so low level invaders shouldn't be very tanky.

I agree with whoever said to just wait until you get to a boss door to throw out your summoning bell if it becomes too much of a problem.

bargeparty

There are definitely performance issues with the abhorrent beast fight. Frame time lag or something, throws off my dodge

Edit: finally got him, fuck that guy.

For th chalice dungeon trophy, which dungeons are left ? I am currently in the defiled depth 4 pthumeru.

If you have 4 baby jelly things then you can jump into the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice after you get from the final boss of defiled.
If not then you need to get two of that component from Great Isz or Lower Loran + two from the Lecture building

Top Bottom