• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fl1VN6p.jpg

Skii

I'm missing 2 hunter's tools from my first play through for one of the trophies. Can I get only those two on another character and it would get me the trophy or do I have to find them all on one character?

Phenomena

So I've been using Ludwig's holy blade for the most part but would like a good back up now that I'm playing through the Chalice Dungeons. What would be a good choice?

My stats are: Strength 40 Skill: 31

Xeilyn

Found it, thanks.

So what's the best place to farm for twin bloodstone shards? Just got Ludwig's Holy Blade and freaking love this weapon. Want to max it out ASAP.
Go to Hypogean Gaol and kill the 5 snatchers there, they get stuck in the doorways there so its an easy kill. Use the echoes you get to max your vials, bullets and molotovs

So I've been using Ludwig's holy blade for the most part but would like a good back up now that I'm playing through the Chalice Dungeons. What would be a good choice?

The Saw Spear or the Saw Cleaver. Scales of both stats, The spear scales best with skill though but still good, D in str and C in skill at +10. The saw cleaver is the alternative with an C in str and D in skill at +10. Both are saw weapons so they get a 15-20% dmg bonus against beasts, there are alot of beasts in the chalice dungeons

Hyunkel6

Blade of Mercy! I can't comment on STR weapons as I'm a DEX build, but the BoM can stun-lock most enemies, and even some bosses. The last part of the game was a breeze with it at +10.

FUCK

I DID IT

FUCK YOU ROM

FUCK YOU RIGHT IN YOUR TINY PUCKERED "BUT HOLE"

I came back home for a second to try again, and rung the bell. After five minutes, someone jumped in. This godlike figure murdered the hunter that's been griefing me, and then once the battle started, he went to town on Rom, smashing him so hard in the first phase that he skipped that and went right to the third.

The fight was over in five minutes.

So thank you, whoever you are. Know that you'll always have a special place in my heart.

Furthermore, I know some people pull the ol' "HOW COULD YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH ROM", but everyone has a different playstyle in this game. Whether it be skill or strength, cane or saw, I feel like everyone's experience is different.

Neifirst

Finally beat the game! The ending was a bit underwhelming if I'm being honest, but the journey was immensely satisfying. I haven't really done much with the chalice dungeons at all - should I tackle those before diving back into NG+, or does it not really matter?

Phenomena

Blade of Mercy! I can't comment on STR weapons as I'm a DEX build, but the BoM can stun-lock most enemies, and even some bosses. The last part of the game was a breeze with it at +10.

Alright, I have it upgraded to +7 but stopped since I wanted to focus on LHB and chunks are really scarce. Wished they would be able to buy during NG+ :/.

Durden77

One thing I legit dislike about this game's controls is that if you hit transform during a roll, you automatically do a transform attack. I like...never want to do that. But I would like to transform my weapon regularly after a roll sometimes.

About the only thing I can criticize on that front, but it can be annoying.

Cess007

FUCK

I DID IT

FUCK YOU ROM

FUCK YOU RIGHT IN YOUR TINY PUCKERED "BUT HOLE"

I came back home for a second to try again, and rung the bell. After five minutes, someone jumped in. This godlike figure murdered the hunter that's been griefing me, and then once the battle started, he went to town on Rom, smashing him so hard in the first phase that he skipped that and went right to the third.

The fight was over in five minutes.

So thank you, whoever you are. Know that you'll always have a special place in my heart.

Furthermore, I know some people pull the ol' "HOW COULD YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH ROM", but everyone has a different playstyle in this game. Whether it be skill or strength, cane or saw, I feel like everyone's experience is different.

I asked help twice for Rom. Both times, the guy went and died on Rom's second phase xDU You got lucky that you got a good partner :p

Rom took me about 6 tries to kill.
Fighting him from a distance is useless because his area of effect attack. I'm a little disappointed with the red moon phase. A friend of mine kept hyping it up, and even some of the posts I read here on the OTs. I was expecting shit to get real. All the enemies to change in all the different areas of the game. Instead, I just got to the next level which is what I was expecting for the rest of the game.

Also, I think there is a bug in the forbidden forest with the sky texture. It didn't change to the red moon when I went there.

Hunter Axe scale more with Strength. Cane and BoM scale better with skill.

bosseye

Pretty successful evening:

Killed The One Reborn
Killed Darkbeast Paarl
Explored Nightmare Frontier (didn't kill Amygdala)
Explored a good chunk of Mensis and figured out what I need to do to kill Micolash.
Upgraded Axe to +9
Levelled up to 68

Those crazy frenzy brain things in the frontier make me laugh though. The music and waily singing kicks in and all I can think of is the brain spawn from Futurama, THE BIG BRAIN AM WINING AGAIN and leaving FOR NO RAISIN.

sn00zer

Hey....so...I beat Bloodborne?...Holy shit I BEAT BLOODBORNE

So I only got 2 of the umblical cords.... can I go back and find a third?

Punto

Neo Member
So I beat Bloodborne. Damn didn´t know u go straight to NG+. Forgot to get the material you need to get your weapon to 10+. Argh!

sn00zer

Wait...I CANT GO BACK AND EXPLORE WHAT I MIGHT HAVE MISSED? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:(

Wait...I CANT GO BACK AND EXPLORE WHAT I MIGHT HAVE MISSED? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:(

Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate they went with the Dark Souls 1 way of doing it instead of the Dark Souls 2 way.

Luckily, one of the most fun things about these games are playing either NG+ or starting a new character.

Skii

Yeah, it's kind of unfortunate they went with the Dark Souls 1 way of doing it instead of the Dark Souls 2 way.

Luckily, one of the most fun things about these games are playing either NG+ or starting a new character.

Problem with Bloodborne's ending(s) is that it is completely implausible for you to resume your adventure after the ending.

Even with Dark Souls 2, it never made any real sense at all until they patched in the new ending.

sn00zer

So are the Dungeons now harder now that im in NG+? I was going to do them in my normal game after fighting
Gherman...I didnt know he was the final boss
, but now Im "underlevelled" for NG+ so the dungeons might b harder

Skii

So are the Dungeons now harder now that im in NG+? I was going to do them in my normal game after fighting

No but they are apparently very hard so it would be wise to at least get to the Lecture Hall so you can farm souls for levelling up/replenishing resources.

taco543

No they stay the same. The depth affects difficulty.

No but they are apparently very hard so it would be wise to at least get to the Lecture Hall so you can farm souls for levelling up/replenishing resources.

Also this. I ended up getting plat at level 167 if i recall

Toxi

Banned
Real tired of getting falcon punched by the bloodletting beast. I need to git gud
I figured out the key to avoiding that attack every single time:
Roll when you hear him roar. The sound comes right before the punch. I found reacting to the punch itself to be hard since it's so damn fast.

sikkinixx

I finally started this today even though I've had it since release day. Load times are fine, only mucked around with it a couple times pre-1.03 so I didn't get a chance to see if they bugged me or not.

Butthole puckering not knowing where the next lamp will be as I roamed further and further away from the first one you discover. Opened up the shortcut so I can basically dash to the Cleric Beast. Got it down to 1/3 health both attempts I've made it on it but I run out of vials and having to farm for them is already going to be something this game tests my patience with.

Axe is pretty good, figured I always used claymores in the previous Souls games so that would be the best fit. I guess now that I dun fucked up and lost the 6000 souls I had built up for good (oops) I might as well explore everywhere before going to fight the stupid beast again.

sn00zer

Oh question about dungeon...so I jut started NG+ and never touched a dungeon before and Ive got a ton of ingredients.... is there any rhyme or reason to ingredient use? Or do I just need to collect X ingredients to make a dungeon and its not like some alchemy BS

hwateber

I figured out the key to avoiding that attack every single time:
Roll when you hear him roar. The sound comes right before the punch. I found reacting to the punch itself to be hard since it's so damn fast.
Oh I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

Problem with Bloodborne's ending(s) is that it is completely implausible for you to resume your adventure after the ending.

Even with Dark Souls 2, it never made any real sense at all until they patched in the new ending.

Agreed, although I think it's a situation where it might have been a prudent decision to let gameplay take precedence over story. (Not saying they should have changed the ending(s), but rather just shrugged off why you can keep playing, like DS2.)

Skii

Has to be all on one character.

Ah, shame! I was always going to have to do a NG+ though.

Agreed, although I think it's a situation where it might have been a prudent decision to let gameplay take precedence over story. (Not saying they should have changed the ending(s), but rather just shrugged off why you can keep playing, like DS2.)

Yeah I guess but I suspect Miyazaki didn't want to shatter the suspension of disbelief considering all the twists and turns the story takes and how emotionally significant the endings are.

DS2 has no real story to it if we're honest so it can get away with the ending not being the actual ending. Plus, you can imagine (although how implausible it seems) for
your character to get up off the throne and go "you know what, I'm a bit bored here. Maybe I should go see how the rest of the gang are doing back in Majula"

ctfg23

I got to the
Lecture Building
and there was a bloodstain that had about 14K blood echoes. Is that normal? I never died there.

Top Bottom