• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I captured something similar on video a little bit later down the road in the defiled chalice.
It's the
Amygdala
Boss fight. That hurt...was totally my own damn fault though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY7X-lP_uj8

:(

My Strategy:
When it rips off its mid arms I change my position behind it and attack its tanky back. The arms it used to stomp you when you are behind it are the ones it ripped off which also makes it suck at jumping (you dont even have to dodge its jump it will not hit you)

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, but this is my favourite personal moment in Bloodborne.
Spoilers for E
brietas
boss:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQm8Bv14nqw

Bloodborne: It makes you laugh, makes you cry, makes you rage and can give you a heart attack....sometimes all at once. :p

:(

My Strategy:
When it rips off its mid arms I change my position behind it and attack its tanky back. The arms it used to stomp you when you are behind it are the ones it ripped off which also makes it suck at jumping (you dont even have to dodge its jump it will not hit you)

Yeah, I did make it harder on myself there staying on the front. Getting to the back is much easier as you say. Still, I was so sure I had it but my bullets just wouldn't hit. xD

neoism

Soo guys if you want some quick pvp go to this cd dungeon

hizzngr3
I'm level 130 and have gotten games real quick most have been fair they are not all vailtowinners

I'd say the range is L 100-130
I main room is a big circle room right at the start.....

Soo guys if you want some quick pvp go to this cd dungeon

hizzngr3
I'm level 130 and have gotten games real quick most have been fair they are not all vailtowinners

I'd say the range is L 100-130
I main room is a big circle room right at the start.....

Will I have to unlock that first? Didn't do anything but a few of the Pthumerian Chalice Dungeons on my PvP character yet.

It's such a chore you have to do all that again just to get a few decent gems btw. >.<

DrkSage

I captured something similar on video a little bit later down the road in the defiled chalice.
It's the
Amygdala
Boss fight. That hurt...was totally my own damn fault though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY7X-lP_uj8
Rasenganed
minato-rasengan-on-tobi-o.gif

Jito

Banned
Just started my fists only playthrough to sadly find that levelling strength (or anything) doesn't scale physical damage, just defense. Am I missing or something or is a fists only playthrough off the cards? :(

Oppo

Just started my fists only playthrough to sadly find that levelling strength (or anything) doesn't scale physical damage, just defense. Am I missing or something or is a fists only playthrough off the cards? :(

you are a crazy person

2AdEPT

maybe do beastclaw only instead?

burgerdog

More like good enough not to need them. Don't act like punishing vials is something anyone can reliably do, you can't parry them without just guessing. Both players using vials just needlessly prolongs matches

Most players just back pedal when they want to heal, stay on them and punish.

How exactly do rally gems work? Am I gaining a % of the weapons damage as rally time or extra HP gained back?

Or is there a set time before the rally goes away and I'm literrally adding 2.4 seconds onto that or whatever? Seems like it could come in handy on some of these tougher bosses where taking the time for a blood vial is risky

Ferr986

Will I have to unlock that first? Didn't do anything but a few of the Pthumerian Chalice Dungeons on my PvP character yet.

It's such a chore you have to do all that again just to get a few decent gems btw. >.<

Seriously. I'm on the same boat, need to do all of it with my new char. Chalice progress should be across characters.

Jito

Banned
maybe do beastclaw only instead?

I guess this is the only viable option as I'm finding it insanely tedious fighting the starting enemies with the damage I'm dealing, can't imagine how bad it'll get if the damage doesn't scale at all. Is that weapon found in the chalice dungeons?

neoism

More like good enough not to need them. Don't act like punishing vials is something anyone can reliably do, you can't parry them without just guessing. Both players using vials just needlessly prolongs matches

Fucking this .... Be a good sport and it means better and more matches because they don't last 30 minutes ...

I have the feeling that not many people are doing the chalice... I tried coop a lot of time but no luck, and when I ask people in my friend list all say that they're not interested in chalice :/

Or maybe I'm underleveled ? I don't think so but that would explain why I can't find coop (I'm lvl115)

bronk

Banned
Fucking this .... Be a good sport and it mean better and more matches because they don't last 30 minutes ...
did i fuck up my game? I beat
rom
before beating VA. I was on second playthrough and wanted to ruah to end so I did the clinic fence glitch. Now i think i borked it cause
the moon didnt turn red
and now im stuck in
yahargurl and it wont let me advance to the one reborn boss
anyone kno a fix?

myco666

I have the feeling that not many people are doing the chalice... I tried coop a lot of time but no luck, and when I ask people in my friend list all say that they're not interested in chalice :/

Or maybe I'm underleveled ? I don't think so but that would explain why I can't find coop (I'm lvl115)

I don't think you really can coop with randoms in chalice dungeons since the way you can do coop in chalice dungeon is so complicated. You need to share the dungeon and then someone needs to make new chalice from your chalices glyph so that you are in the same dungeon. Then you can coop.

Massa

I'm playing the game for a second time to do all the quests and man, it gets so much easier. I pretty much just kill everything in one go. (I didn't go with NG+ because I didn't like my first build).

I don't think you really can coop with randoms in chalice dungeons since the way you can do coop in chalice dungeon is so complicated. You need to share the dungeon and then someone needs to make new chalice from your chalices glyph so that you are in the same dungeon. Then you can coop.

Oh ok, I thought this was just for the "root" chalice, since they're random. I'll have to find myself a mate then :p
Btw, is my level good enough to beat all chalice ? I have low damage against some bosses :/

Late Flag

Finally beat W
atchdog of the Old Lords
in the defiled chalice dungeon after 90 minutes. Now I feel like a god.

I just realized though that I'm going to need two more red jellies to open the last trophy-related chalice. Since I'm in NG+ anyway, I'll probably just head back to the
lecture hall
to pick up the two in the chest. I don't think I want to bother with the in-dungeon ones.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got the Pthumerian Descendent down. Strategy that worked for me was
dodging toward him to get behind him and hit him with a ludwig's L2. Then when he goes into the second mode and is more agressive I started parrying and using viscerals. He attacks so much in that phase it's easier to stun him, whereas I couldn't get it down in the first part of the battle.

Two more layers/bosses to go!

neoism

did i fuck up my game? I beat
rom
before beating VA. I was on second playthrough and wanted to ruah to end so I did the clinic fence glitch. Now i think i borked it cause
the moon didnt turn red
and now im stuck in
yahargurl and it wont let me advance to the one reborn boss
anyone kno a fix?

We'll most of the glitches got fixed so probably...

myco666

Oh ok, I thought this was just for the "root" chalice, since they're random. I'll have to find myself a mate then :p
Btw, is my level good enough to beat all chalice ? I have low damage against some bosses :/

Should be okay. Level up as you go through the dungeons. +10 weapon is also highly recommended.

That's the problem, i just got to cathedral ward

you can rush it. I did it in ng++.

Just buy the key, do VA, run to forest house get T
onsil
s
tone
and get
grabbed
on the entrance to un
seen
v
illage
Did it in like 45 mins from start of the game to now.

BUTTTTT I don't know if you get more exp in NG+ to NG++. I can't see any difference... =(

Top Bottom