• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

darknil

After more than 10 tries, I finally managed to kill Rom. The minions kept killing me in cheap ways.

Oh, so now what? I think I missed
the umbilical cord from clinic since I killed the hunter that was there before Rom

I have available Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier and the unseen village.

Kusagari

Man, fuck Defiled Watchdog.

I managed to get him to half and then got caught in his charge, which is an instant death with the half health.

Zakkath

Man, that Phtumerian Desendant is a walking cheat-code...

-Strong
-Fast
-Lots of HP
-Wide and quick attacks
-Long reach
-Ranged attacks

Edit : Add infinite stamina...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Laat niggt i beat mergos wetnurse without it going into crazy devil time mode. Is the fight glitched or did i just do too much damage and kept it from doing it?

Toxi

Banned
Laat niggt i beat mergos wetnurse without it going into crazy devil time mode. Is the fight glitched or did i just do too much damage and kept it from doing it?
I've had a similar thing happen where I beat Father Gascoigne in NG+ without him going beast mode.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So are the Dungeons now harder now that im in NG+? I was going to do them in my normal game after fighting
Gherman...I didnt know he was the final boss
, but now Im "underlevelled" for NG+ so the dungeons might b harder
Don't worry, NG+ will rain so many echoes you'll be overlevelled in no time.

That one room in Ailing Loran is hilarious. You know the one.
Do you mean the
5-2
throwback?

KevinG

Started my grinding in the lecture hall. About 10k echoes per run. Any more tips?

Haven't played in a week, so I'm still level 55.

Obligatory best hunters list!
yfNkjny.png

Lol cant believe I made the top 5 list.

Just got back from vacation to the Big Island and think I am going to roll a new character to experience the game again, this time with loading screens.

Zaki2407

Bloodborne OT on page2?
Anyhow, just want to share something. Yesterday I finished Nightmare Frontier and beat
Amyglada
. In that area I found a sweet spot for farming blood echoes. So, I manage to level up my hunter about 18 level so ( concentrate only for Str and Skill). I,m in level 98 right now. It only took me second try to beat the boss in that area. Feeling powerfull enough, I continue to the next area, Nightmare Mensis. You know what? The enemies are still pretty strong. Been died several times already. It,s like my level farming was for nothing. Insight at 40 and my weapons are at +8. I'll give it a try again later today...

Durden77

Mannnn.......

I thought I was done with spiders after Rom, but I just got to the room
in Mensis that's full of them, and they look way worse than Rom one's.

I have serious trouble with spiders. This fucking sucks man....please tell me I'm done with them after this room.

What runes do I need? Easy to obtain?

Moon Rune I think? The rune that let you get more blood echoes. Also using Bold Hunter's Mark lets you reload at the lamp post with all the enemies as well without loading to the Hunter's Dream and back into the Lecture Hall.

squidyj

So I've been using Ludwig's holy blade for the most part but would like a good back up now that I'm playing through the Chalice Dungeons. What would be a good choice?

My stats are: Strength 40 Skill: 31

the thing about LHB is you benefit more from leveling skill over strength with it as within the same thresholds 10-25, 26-50 they will give the same scaling ultimately, but skill will improve your visceral attacks more.

Toxi

Banned
...After facing him again,
Abhorrent Beast
really isn't that bad. He just requires you to dodge with your A game.

i-Lo

Finally defeated my first boss, Cleric Beast w/o dying. What a damn rush.

So with that said, can anyone clarify how match making is supposed to work: I entered the GAF passcode into the network settings but I didn't add anyone from that list (viewed only when quoted). I rang the bell but no one came and so I wonder do I need to now add few folks from that list because I initially thought it'd match up people with the same pass code.

Kusagari

Mannnn.......

I have serious trouble with spiders. This fucking sucks man....please tell me I'm done with them after this room.

You can easily just run through that room and never have to deal with them. That's what I always did.

Finally defeated my first boss, Cleric Beast w/o dying. What a damn rush.

So with that said, can anyone clarify how match making is supposed to work: I entered the GAF passcode into the network settings but I didn't add anyone from that list (viewed only when quoted). I rang the bell but no one came and so I wonder do I need to now add few folks from that list because I initially thought it'd match up people with the same pass code.

Someone has to be ringing a small resonant bell to answer your beckoning bell. They have to be within +/- 10 mostly (its something like that) from you.

Arjen

Mannnn.......

I hope you're not planning on doing chalice dungeons if you hate spiders.

VA is demoralizing. Had a few close attempts, but I'm now out of
numbing mist
, which sucks.

I've even tried to summon, but everyone I summon just dies immediately.

Ugh.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally done!
My first Souls game. My first real platinum (only other I have is Walking Dead Season 1 that was a gimme)!

I loved the game as a whole, but didn't like the chalice stuff all that much honestly. The final chalice and defiled chalice bosses were a bitch. But satisfying to get through it! Being new to the series and sucky at action games, it took me ages. Final save is at almost 95 hours. Actually play time is quite a bit longer due to uploading/downloading cloud saves a bunch for harder bosses so I could just start fresh if I died a ton and used up my vials/paper etc. without having to farm. Also wasted 5-7 hours trying out builds early on. So I'd guess I'm somewhere around 105-110 hours to get the Platinum.

I did it 100% solo, and didn't do any of the duping glitching etc. I did a fair amount of grinding late main game (Lecture Hall) and for the last couple of chalice dungeons. I finished at level 155 and had my main skill all at the semi-hard caps. Here's my final stat page.

I hope they do some good DLC and really hope they make a Bloodborne 2. I already tried the Dark Souls 2 remaster. I got past the first boss, played for 10+ hours across a couple of builds and just didn't like it at all. The combat is just too slow and methodical for my liking. If I'm going to play a hard game, I want it faster paced and more action oriented like BB.

-Strong
-Fast
-Lots of HP
-Wide and quick attacks
-Long reach
-Ranged attacks

Hes stupid easy to parry. Just stay close, bait his attacks, and molest his face. Only took me 3 tries. Abbhorent beast is the one I couldn't beat without cheesing. I felt dirty, but poison knives were the only thing I could do to kill him.

Thank you and how do you acquire this small resonant bell?

You should have the Beckoning bell? Thats what lets you summon people. To get the small resonant bell (which lets you be summon to help other players) you need 10 insight, this opens up the second messenger bath shop. Its above the messenger bath shop that takes blood echoes. It cost 1 insight to buy it. From my experiences in the past (could change now due to the new patches), the gaf password didnt work for me. I always had to setup a new password using letters and numbers for the best results.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Y'know what I hate the most about
Nightmare Frontier
? The fact that almost everywhere you go there is an ankle-high obstruction hiding in the grass. >_< *bump*

haha it got me again

i knew that locked gate in the dream was gonna be the setting for the last master (i think its the last master) , i got him down to half his health but he killed me

he was in the building the entire time, :p

NastyBook

-Strong
-Fast
-Lots of HP
-Wide and quick attacks
-Long reach
-Ranged attacks

Just beat this guy. Had trouble getting his parrying time down, so I just got into a slugfest with him. Didn't work out in his favor. Last shot I put on him parries him, VA'd and sent him on his way.

Hes stupid easy to parry. Just stay close, bait his attacks, and molest his face. Only took me 3 tries. Abbhorent beast is the one I couldn't beat without cheesing. I felt dirty, but poison knives were the only thing I could do to kill him.
Had so much trouble trying to parry him. Finally learned his blind spot is to roll forward to the right when he is about to swing.
I found him harder tbh.

sikkinixx

Third time was a charm for cleric beast. Used a couple molotovs to get the last bit off. Camera was the biggest hardship.

Can you farm insight? I'm paranoid to summon people as I know you use it for upgrades too.

Spent all my blood on upgrades though that Kirk hammer is somewhat tempting. But my axe is already upgraded so I'll stick with it for a while

Third time was a charm for cleric beast. Used a couple molotovs to get the last bit off. Camera was the biggest hardship.

Can you farm insight? I'm paranoid to summon people as I know you use it for upgrades too.

Spent all my blood on upgrades though that Kirk hammer is somewhat tempting. But my axe is already upgraded so I'll stick with it for a while

Yeah the camera can be the worst boss ;) In a sense you can farm insight by helping other players and in the chalice dungeons by beating the bosses and redoing the dungeon but getting insight shouldn't be an issue later on in the game. Personally the kirkhammer is too slow for my taste, I used the hunter axe and the holy sword which the badge is obtainable after you beat the
Blood stared beast

Finally got around to killing the
Hunter for Eileens sidequest. Man that was a tough fight! But that fucker cheated! I used the healing mist on him and he still used a blood vial!

sikkinixx

Yeah the camera can be the worst boss ;) In a sense you can farm insight by helping other players and in the chalice dungeons by beating the bosses and redoing the dungeon but getting insight shouldn't be an issue later on in the game. Personally the kirkhammer is too slow for my taste, I used the hunter axe and the holy sword which the badge is obtainable after you beat the
Blood stared beast

Groovy thanks. I might try to help some people out with the cleric beast for a while. Helping people was always my favourite part of dark souls.

Rozart

Thanks for all the tips, guys! Going to try them out now.

What weapon are you using? I had very little difficulty because the r2 attack on my whip mode cane would automatically hit her head for enormous damage. I even stunned her a couple of times and got in some huge viscerals. You just need to keep strafing behind her and managing your stamina. Her ranged attacks are super easy to dodge and her charge attack is the perfect opportunity to dodge diagonally towards her while locked on and get some huge hits on her face.

I'm using a +9 saw cleaver. Don't have a cane I'm afraid but I'm going to try switching over to my Ludwig's Blade since Blinck suggested the use of thrusting attacks instead.

In the last thread someone posted a video of themselves doing the fight at SL4 and it showed the best way I've seen to avoid those. Can't find the exact video but here's the method from another: https://youtu.be/aKwQEBOgZdE?t=234

Oh wow. He/She basically kept her locked on throughout the whole fight. I have trouble dodging her charge attack when I've got her locked-on though. But I am going to bring some Molotov cocktails as well and hopefully my side-stepping skills will be up to par.

Fucking hell.

Got the Weapon at Risk message with the Defiled Watchdog at about a 10th of its health. As if I wasn't bricking it before. Still killed the bastard though! :D

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Um, is Grahamn suppose to always be in the Hunter's Dream?

Because he rarely is.

In fact, I haven't seen him for awhile.
So I went to go see if he was there. I'm currently up to but haven't defeated One Reborn yet.

Anyway, he's not there. Not visible.

BUT WAIT... i slowly walk over where his char usually is.

And it says "Talk" - weird, he's not there.
So I select "Talk." And his voice plays, sounds like he's sleeping, mumbles about Laurance.

Is.. he suppose to be invisible? Have I been missing him since Rom?

odd

gotoadgo

Fuck, that fast-moving bastard in the Loran Chalice Dungeon is actually some horror film shit. Everything else I can handle (even the spiders), but that thing could give me nightmares.
Yep, fuck this enemy. It's freaky as all hell and hits like a truck. I hate it when I see one of these standing there waiting for me.

Top Bottom