• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I'm watching it purely for fun but he's a soul level 1 on the run through so he's using a falchion and soul arrows, I watch these videos when there is nothing on TV not always for tips!
I watched a lot at work, then people caught on to that. I guess mage really is easy mode then damn. Granted I'm pretty sure the guy is really good. I should watch that one from the beginning I hate jumping around with playthroughs.

I watched a lot at work, then people caught on to that. I guess mage really is easy mode then damn. Granted I'm pretty sure the guy is really good. I should watch that one from the beginning I hate jumping around with playthroughs.

Ah that's a shame, can you not watch at home?

I've only just started going through his channel although he does seem to be using magic more as this playthrough is going on, I suppose he and others play so much that they like to try different builds, this one is a return to demon's souls, he's an interesting guy to listen to.

Ah that's a shame, can you not watch at home?

I've only just started going through his channel although he does seem to be using magic more as this playthrough is going on, I suppose he and others play so much that they like to try different builds, this one is a return to demon's souls, he's an interesting guy to listen to.
Between work, gaming and girlfriend it is hard to squeeze in time for vids. He seems like he would have some really interesting theories.

Just beat Gehrman at level four! That leaves only Moon Presence among the non-chalice bosses, so I'll leave it there until the DLC hits. Hopefully I can still access the new content with that BL4 character.

I think Gehrman took me about as long as Ebrietas but man, very different experience. Gehrman is a really well-designed boss. Reminds me of the Artorias fight, and that's about the biggest compliment I can give one of these bosses. Like Artorias it can be a hell of a dance once you know his moves inside and out and have the threat of OHKOs hanging over your head the whole time. Ebrietas on the other hand is a relatively easy fight that becomes frustrating as hell at low levels because of that cheap fucking charge attack. Ugh.

Ratrat

Still early in the game, just beat Vicar Amelia. Im enjoying the game but having to farm blood vials every time you die is mindnumbingly dull.
edit: evrything went up in price too! :(

myco666

Majula is so sunny but the Amber Herald is gloomier than the Maiden in Black. Bearer of the...seek...seek...lest..."just level me up already." The one thing I like in Boletaria regarding the knights there is that they sort of still have faces, but at the same time they just seem like hollowed out suits of armor that are possessed or something. Even the Shrine of Storms skeletons seem haunted as well, I guess I just get that feeling when their skulls light up. Now that I think about it Boletaria seems like the most "intact" castle of the franchise, like it wasn't ransacked 200 years ago, but like 2 days ago. Comparing that to Cainhurst is crazy.

Herald is the worst haha. I would say Anor Londo is the most intact castle of the franchise since it has only one(?) broken window. Boletaria is next though and yeah it feels like you just arrived after shit went down.

Just beat Gehrman at level four! That leaves only Moon Presence among the non-chalice bosses, so I'll leave it there until the DLC hits. Hopefully I can still access the new content with that BL4 character.

I think Gehrman took me about as long as Ebrietas but man, very different experience. Gehrman is a really well-designed boss. Reminds me of the Artorias fight, and that's about the biggest compliment I can give one of these bosses. Like Artorias it can be a hell of a dance once you know his moves inside and out and have the threat of OHKOs hanging over your head the whole time. Ebrietas on the other hand is a relatively easy fight that becomes frustrating as hell at low levels because of that cheap fucking charge attack. Ugh.

The charge attack is indeed shitty as there is so little time to react and even then you will most likely get hit. As long as you can tank the charge it is easy fight. I bet it is super frustrating at BL4.

Herald is the worst haha. I would say Anor Londo is the most intact castle of the franchise since it has only one(?) broken window. Boletaria is next though and yeah it feels like you just arrived after shit went down.
For some odd reason I didn't even realize it was a castle, just seemed like one grand ass church to me. I probably blocked out half of it because of those god damn archers. Anor Lando still has cleaning staff, I would assume the woman that's there to keep the flame going must maintain the place.

silva1991

Still early in the game, just beat Vicar Amelia. Im enjoying the game but having to farm blood vials every time you die is mindnumbingly dull.

Yeah it boggles my mind that they went back to the annoying healing items farming after the glorious estus flask :/

Just be thankful you're playing it now instead of at launch when you could only hold 20 vials + 99 in reserve. Having 600 in reserve means you hardly have to think about it.

The charge attack is indeed shitty as there is so little time to react and even then you will most likely get hit. As long as you can tank the charge it is easy fight. I bet it is super frustrating at BL4.
Yup, exactly. What I ended up doing (thanks in part to some tips from people here!) was crawling up inside her for most of the fight, so her AI never does the charge attack, then in the last phase when she starts shooting lasers and I needed to back off, I broke out the bone marrow ash and tried to wrap it up as quickly as possible from a distance. Thankfully you can still tank the charge (as long as you stand perfectly still and don't get unlucky), but the fight goes on so long due to your low damage output that it's not really feasible to tank them the whole time.

Yeah it boggles my mind that they went back to the annoying healing items farming after the glorious estus flask :/
Yeah it's insane. I still remember when early footage of demos was hitting the internet, seeing the character picking up healing items and thinking "Wait, they're not seriously going to go back to consummables, are they?" They came up with this brilliant way around the issue of farming and then just tossed it in the garbage.

Melchiah

How do you acquire 600 blood vials? Thats 200,000+ blood echoes.

Easily, when you don't have to level up anymore, you can just spend all the echoes on vials and bullets. I've gathered a plenty of them, and fire/bolt papers, after I stopped levelling. You can get 290k echoes in less than 4 minutes in Mensis on NG+.

On my SL4 character I was stocking up 400-500 blood vials by the time I got to The One Reborn. I think if you're not spending souls on leveling it's pretty easy to near max blood vials.

Ratrat

Easy. Get better, stop using so many, and it's easier to buy a good amount of them when you get more blood echoes later in the game from killing things
Eh, Is it too much to not want to go Hunters Dream > farming spot everytime I die? I dont need 20 blood vials for a boss. I usualy only use 5 anyway, its still tedious as fuck for no reason. Hearing that it gets easier late in the game or in ng+ is not very encouraging.
The least they could have done was made it like Demons Souls with 99 carrying capacity and larger variety of available healing items, healing rings, healing spells...

Eh, Is it too much to not want to go Hunters Dream > farming spot everytime I die? I dont need 20 blood vials for a boss. I usualy only use 5 anyway, its still tedious as fuck for no reason. Hearing that it gets easier late in the game or in ng+ is not very encouraging.
The least they could have done was made it like Demons Souls with 99 carrying capacity and larger variety of available healing items, healing rings, healing spells...
Well you don't need it to be at 600, I think I've been able to keep it at a stable 200 or something pretty easily. Main goal is to just never run out of vials or bullets. I've personally never had much of a problem with just going to the Hunters Dream actually, granted I've been there enough times to just be used to the process. The Demons Souls method is actually a good method since I either use a lot of crescent or half moon grass, but always have a ton of full moon grass for emergencies, plus there's the more rare stuff that I've never even used yet.

Good, you gonna need them for that boss.

aka the BoC of this game.
Yeah that boss was weirdly hard for me at BL4. I remember thinking "OK, no more difficult required bosses once I beat Rom," but nope! Very doable once you figure out a good strategy, but I banged my head against a wall for a while before I came up with one.

I just platinumed the game. Overall I think everything was fairly balanced in terms of enemies, there were a few things I felt were bullshit.
Amygdala in the defiled chalice, Ebrietas' charge attack
. Overall I enjoyed the chalice dungeons however there are major improvements that could be made to make them even better. The idea is good but the execution was flawed. Particularly the grinding.

RiggyRob

Fuck the Nightmare Frontier, fuck the poison swamp that slows you down when you try to run through it, fuck the rock throwing monsters with stupid range and especially fuck the Frenzy causing brain monsters.

I guess I'm trying to do it way too early like with Darkbeast Paarl, but Frenzy is just a cheap status ailment especially when you haven't been hit by an attack.

I'm really glad I sent the bitchy old lady to Oedon Chapel now, I found it quite funny that she starts giving you Sedatives after taking them herself.

Was given a PS4 as a gift, and I've had Bloodborne laying around just for this occasion. My friend also has it and I'm wondering, does co-op work well and is it fun? I've purposely tried to keep myself in the dark about his game, so apologies for the basic question.

Was given a PS4 as a gift, and I've had Bloodborne laying around just for this occasion. My friend also has it and I'm wondering, does co-op work well and is it fun? I've purposely tried to keep myself in the dark about his game, so apologies for the basic question.

If you want to play with your friend, you can set matching passwords, so you can be guaranteed to summon him or be summoned by him. Framerate takes a hit, but still playable. Bosses are slightly easier for the most part. Overall my experience with coop has been enjoyable.

Persona7

Banned
I guess I am done with this game. I've been trying to jump into random multiplayer games but it just doesn't work.

57 hours, at least 21 of those hours were me waiting around for summon/invasions that never happened. I did pretty much everything but I fucked up the umbilical cord things and I think a NPC questline glitched on me and I don't feel like continuing the chalice dungeons so I won't get the last few trophies.

burgerdog

Yeah that boss was weirdly hard for me at BL4. I remember thinking "OK, no more difficult required bosses once I beat Rom," but nope! Very doable once you figure out a good strategy, but I banged my head against a wall for a while before I came up with one.

Exactly what happened to me, too. I simply did not expect to die to ToR so many times. I really thought I had that shit in the bag after I killed rom.

myco666

Just go to the dream everytime you see a lamp and cash in. If you don't have enough for leveling up just buy vials and bullets. Also attacking enemies after getting hit should be primary form of healing and vials secondary. IMO 20 is more than enough vials to have with you. Having 99 would make you just pop them all the time.

Ehh not really. Atleast I can kill ToR reliably everytime in one try where as BoC I always die few times before beating it. BoC just feels random and if you can miss the jump or accidentally roll from off the tree.

That's where I left off on my SL4 guy actually. It was my first playthrough and I thought that was as far as I could get going in 'blind'. I'm tying up loose ends now on a leveled character before I do Gerhman, then I'm going to go back to SL4 now I know what to expect for the rest of the game, I think TOR is doable with a bit of luck.

silva1991

Ehh not really. Atleast I can kill ToR reliably everytime in one try where as BoC I always die few times before beating it. BoC just feels random and if you can miss the jump or accidentally roll from off the tree.

BoC is much worse I agree. i'm just saying he is the bullshit boss of this game atleast for me.

That's where I left off on my SL4 guy actually. It was my first playthrough and I thought that was as far as I could get going in 'blind'. I'm tying up loose ends now on a leveled character before I do Gerhman, then I'm going to go back to SL4 now I know what to expect for the rest of the game, I think TOR is doable with a bit of luck.

ToR is nothing compared to Gehrman at lv4.

it has been 2 weeks and I still can't beat him :(

ToR is nothing compared to Gehrman at lv4.

it has been 2 weeks and I still can't beat him :(
Yeah I'd probably put ToR as the third biggest pain in the ass in the main game at BL4, after Gehrman and Ebrietas. But it's crazy that it's even in the top three, since the only easier fights I can think of in a normal run are the witches and celestial emissary.

silva1991

Yeah I'd probably put ToR as the third biggest pain in the ass in the main game at BL4, after Gehrman and Ebrietas. But it's crazy that it's even in the top three, since the only easier fights I can think of in a normal run are the witches and celestial emissary.
I didn't try Ebrietas at that level and probably never will :p

Melchiah

I'd say Micolash is easier than the witches on normal run. I've fought him twice, and he hasn't downed me even once.

I'd say Micolash is easier than the witches on normal run. I've fought him twice, and he hasn't downed me even once.
I don't see how you can say that when he has that stupid homing missiles OHKO. I was never even in danger of losing to the witches until my BL4 run, whereas Micolash has more than once killed me on my way into the arena for the final phase. I mean, he's probably the fourth easiest still, and I could see putting him above ToR, but the witches are just an outright joke.

Essay

I don't see how you can say that when he has that stupid homing missiles OHKO. I was never even in danger of losing to the witches until my BL4 run, whereas Micolash has more than once killed me on my way into the arena for the final phase. I mean, he's probably the fourth easiest still, and I could see putting him above ToR, but the witches are just an outright joke.

Probably just depends on the person. The witches are pretty freeform, but they do have a few ways to screw you over if your spatial awareness isn't on point and you get put into a bad situation. Microlash all you have to do is keep pressure on him with your attacks and shoot to interrupt his casts when you're recovering stamina. You only really get punished in that fight if you play conservative.

Melchiah

I can say it because he hasn't managed to kill me so far. The boss encounters vary from one player to another. Some breeze through bosses that I find hard, and vice versa. Not to mention, that the bosses don't always do the same attacks. For example, I've never witnessed the Watchdog's AOE strike or jump charge.

Probably just depends on the person. The witches are pretty freeform, but they do have a few ways to screw you over if your spatial awareness isn't on point and you get put into a bad situation. Microlash all you have to do is keep pressure on him with your attacks and shoot to interrupt his casts when you're recovering stamina. You only really get punished in that fight if you play conservative.

On the first playthrough the witches killed me before I figured out the strategy. On the second playthrough I died once when I got paralyzed, and beaten by the witch and her minions.

I may have prevented Micolash's casts, as I played the fight pretty aggressively on both times. It'll be interesting to see how it goes on the third time.

Yeah that could be it. I don't have a very aggressive play style. (I also never realized in all my playthroughs that you can interrupt his casts with the gun, ha ha. That would've been helpful, though like I said on some of my attempts I was dead before I even got into the arena.)

Finalow

I'm back playing the GOTY, this time I want to finally get the last 2 trophies I'm missing for the platinum. one ending trophy and the "blood queen" whatever trophy.

I'm finishing a run with my third character and I'm doing a strength build.

had no idea that the cannon was nerfed to 12 bullets, RIP. I don't think it's really worth using now, at least not in pve. not sure if it still one-shots in pvp with bone OP marrow.
also I was planning to use the Logarius Wheel since it has S scaling in strength and I am using it but honestly I don't really like it, too slow. and correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this weapon better on arcane builds considering the second form gets some sort of arcane damage multiplier while draining hp? Seems like that for my strength build the L1 transformation has no usage, it actually makes it worse. :'(

maybe that the dlc will give my strength character some good weapons.

Hey if I want to play co-op with a buddy we just need the same password right? It doesn't seem to be working for us. Anyone know what we could be doing wrong?

mulac

DLC hits in just over a month...time to get back into this!

Are people planning on DLC during NG+ or completely new build?
Reckon it makes sense to at least play up to ROM and then wait to see what happens.

Hey if I want to play co-op with a buddy we just need the same password right? It doesn't seem to be working for us. Anyone know what we could be doing wrong?

Make sure you both have network setting to worldwide. It might help to be relatively close to each other when summoning too, although it should work as long as you're in the same area.

Ratrat

Any idea how the Dlc will be incorporated this time? I kind of hope its just like DS2 where its just a gate/portal somewhere.
Since i havent finished yet, Im also assuming Bloodborne allows you to select new game+ instead automatically throwing you to he beginning of the game?

Any idea how the Dlc will be incorporated this time? I kind of hope its just like DS2 where its just a gate/portal somewhere.
Since i havent finished yet, Im also assuming Bloodborne allows you to select new game+ instead automatically throwing you to he beginning of the game?
Once you beat the last boss of whatever ending you decided to do you're thrown into NG+ after the credits are done rolling.

Giever

It automatically throws you.

Top Bottom