• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

How so? I haven't played Demon's Souls yet so I'm curious how they are similar. What makes it closer to Demon's Souls than, say, Dark Souls?
Let's see, hub world, environments, creature design a bit...Bell Maidens came from this game, granted they're a lot nicer in Bloodborne. Prototype Brain of Mensis segment. Movement speed cause it seems faster than Dark Souls 2, maybe even Dark 1. Some of the bosses seem like copies of Demons bosses, overall mood. The woman you speak to seems more like the actual doll than Amber Herald in Dark 2. I'm going to assume someone like Morrigan Stark would probably be able to go more detail if they even agree with me. You should really play Demons Souls, it actually shocked me how well that game has aged. I'm actually convinced Demons has the best level atmosphere in the franchise. They don't connect anywhere near as well as Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but my god the levels feel more alive and forboding than what remember in something like Dark Souls 1 and 2. I'm not even done yet but Tower of Latria is just dense in atmosphere.

myco666

Let's see, hub world, environments, creature design a bit...Bell Maidens came from this game, granted they're a lot nicer in Bloodborne. Prototype Brain of Mensis segment. Movement speed cause it seems faster than Dark Souls 2, maybe even Dark 1. Some of the bosses seem like copies of Demons bosses, overall mood. The woman you speak to seems more like the actual doll than Amber Herald in Dark 2. I'm going to assume someone like Morrigan Stark would probably be able to go more detail if they even agree with me. You should really play Demons Souls, it actually shocked me how well that game has aged. I'm actually convinced Demons has the best level atmosphere in the franchise. They don't connect anywhere near as well as Dark Souls or Bloodborne, but my god the levels feel more alive and forboding than what remember in something like Dark Souls 1 and 2. I'm not even done yet but Tower of Latria is just dense in atmosphere.

In the Bloodborne beta FG also said "Umbasa" which more or less would have connected Bloodborne to Demon's Souls as the religious group in it uses that as a prayer. Also Miyazaki said that he wanted to make a game based around atmosphere in Tower of Latria which is still the scariest area in the series IMO.

Yeah I really want to play Demon's, everything I've seen of it looks great. My PS3 is dead though so I will likely be unable to play it unless a remaster comes along.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Yes, there is a hub world, in Demons Souls, but each world is its own separate entity. In Bloodborne the entire world is connected and has far more in common with an open world in the dark souls games.

Yes, there is a hub world, in Demons Souls, but each world is its own separate entity. In Bloodborne the entire world is connected and has far more in common with an open world in the dark souls games.
I know that's the difference, that's probably why it took me forever to transition to Dark Souls 1when it first came out, I love the hub world in Demons Souls. It just seems like to me a lot of ideas from Demons also transferred over into Bloodborne.
In the Bloodborne beta FG also said "Umbasa" which more or less would have connected Bloodborne to Demon's Souls as the religious group in it uses that as a prayer. Also Miyazaki said that he wanted to make a game based around atmosphere in Tower of Latria which is still the scariest area in the series IMO.
The constant sound of that beating heart as you're descending deeper and deeper into 3-2 is fucking crazy. I can only imagine what 3-3 is like since I've never gotten that far into the game...actually I have with my first character...beat the boss, but I don't remember that part of the level since it's been 4 years since I've played that part.
lmao, I love that I think they're cute! "Yummmm, yummmm"

That's so From to make something creepy/funny.
It's like they're singing a lullaby or something. It's crazy when you hear that before seeing them. You're like, "maybe they're friendly?" Nope, they're not friendly at all.

RiggyRob

Beat the Watchdog of the Old Lords on Pthumeru Level 3 just now, and I was expecting more to be honest, but I probably did it later than I was supposed to. I also found it weird that there wasn't an extra layer, even though there's enough space on the list to have Layer 4 and Layer 4 Heart. Do you have to finish the Root Chalice and the Central Chalice as well to unlock the next Chalice Dungeon? If so I can see why some people describe them as a slog to get through.

The Witch of Hemwick was also piece a cake, she literally doesn't attack you, and the enemies summoned don't accumulate enough to a point where you feel in danger. My Tonitrus+6 is just too stronk.

Beat the Watchdog of the Old Lords on Pthumeru Level 3 just now, and I was expecting more to be honest, but I probably did it later than I was supposed to. I also found it weird that there wasn't an extra layer, even though there's enough space on the list to have Layer 4 and Layer 4 Heart. Do you have to finish the Root Chalice and the Central Chalice as well to unlock the next Chalice Dungeon? If so I can see why some people describe them as a slog to get through.

The Witch of Hemwick was also piece a cake, she literally doesn't attack you, and the enemies summoned don't accumulate enough to a point where you feel in danger. My Tonitrus+6 is just too stronk.
Dude you only beat the sampler version. Real one comes much later in the Defiled dungeon. You can either do Hintertomb or move on the Central Pthumeru if you have the chalice for that. You can do the root chalice if you want, but it'll just be slightly different depending on what material you use to make it.

Micolash - what a fun fight. This was a gimmick boss done right imo, it's always nice to have a boss that breaks up the routine of fighting giant monsters (as fun as that is). Definately a memorable character too, I wish we had seen more of him earlier in the game to make finally tracking him down even more impactful.

RiggyRob

Dude you only beat the sampler version. Real one comes much later in the Defiled dungeon. You can either do Hintertomb or move on the Central Pthumeru if you have the chalice for that. You can do the root chalice if you want, but it'll just be slightly different depending on what material you use to make it.

Bit strange that they chose a pretty boring dungeon to be the sampler then. The dungeon didn't feel anywhere near as cohesive or as intelligently designed as the main story.

I'll have a go at Central Pthumeru tomorrow, I don't think I have Hintertomb yet.

Bit strange that they chose a pretty boring dungeon to be the sampler then. The dungeon didn't feel anywhere near as cohesive or as intelligently designed as the main story.

I'll have a go at Central Pthumeru tomorrow, I don't think I have Hintertomb yet.
I meant you only fought the sampler version of the Watchdog of the Old Lords. The first chalice dungeon is pretty basic, they start branching out more starting either Hintertomb or Central Pthumeru with multiple rooms and bonus rooms before the entrance and before the boss room. Pretty much after you run through them enough times you have a basic idea of the layouts and what should be in each room up to a certain point, usually just more material for the next dungeon, if it's a root chalice it might be a different version of a weapon, some of them contain stuff needed for the trophies, so you still have to be pretty thorough. I didn't mind too much at all actually, had some fun and I just looked at them as a vast combat arena. You get different bosses in there as well and they start getting harder in Lower Pthumeru. Warning you now Fetid Rotted versions of the hard ones have respawning hunters in them.

Micolash - what a fun fight. This was a gimmick boss done right imo, it's always nice to have a boss that breaks up the routine of fighting giant monsters (as fun as that is). Definately a memorable character too, I wish we had seen more of him earlier in the game to make finally tracking him down even more impactful.

Yeah I was a big fan of the Micolash fight. His crazy, taunting dialogue, the giant maze-like arena you fight him in, all the tricks up his sleeve--it all just works to make a pretty pivotal point storywise come across as truly different from everything you've done in the game up that point despite the actual act of fighting Micolash basically being the same as fighting any of the choir members.

Giever

Chiming in with the Micolash appreciation. Loved his dialogue and the uniqueness of the fight. It doesn't even wear thin for me on replays. I genuinely look forward to him once I reach the Nightmare of Mensis.

Melchiah

Chiming in with the Micolash appreciation. Loved his dialogue and the uniqueness of the fight. It doesn't even wear thin for me on replays. I genuinely look forward to him once I reach the Nightmare of Mensis.

Agreed. One of the highlights for me, and I'm also looking forward to meeting him for the third time.

Melchiah

Nah the "worst" are cleric beast and witches of Hemwick. Even they aren't bad though, they're just kinda easy and simple.

I think there's nothing wrong with those two. The worst for me would be Rom. I just hate the fight, and
the goddam minions.
It's definitely not something I'm looking forward to doing again when the DLC arrives.

Micolash is very easy, but if I don't play the game for a while, then without fail I'll fall to my death on the top level (where the bridge gets raised). I feel like Wile E. Coyote when it happens.

roadrunner-590x330.jpg

I don't think I actually hate any of the main game bosses. I guess I hate some fights that are more common in chalice dungeons, where the camera just can't handle it.

Micolash is very easy, but if I don't play the game for a while, then without fail I'll fall to my death on the top level (where the bridge gets raised). I feel like Wile E. Coyote when it happens.

roadrunner-590x330.jpg

I don't think I actually hate any of the main game bosses. I guess I hate some fights that are more common in chalice dungeons, where the camera just can't handle it.
He's easy till you fight him in NG+ where he has a tendency of using his one hit kill spell while you're falling down that hole to fight him.

I see. I enjoy making new guys over ng+, so I've only done the first few bosses in that mode.
NG+ is interesting, only thing I hate is the fact that the loot drops are the same as if you were in NG so those lower level shards are damn useless, same goes for low level blood gems.

I wish Hemwick Lane were a larger area, it's got some of the best atmosphere in the game. It felt a lot bigger my first time through, but I absolutley breezed through it with my new character.

Anbec7

So I beat the game, the final fight was a bitch actually but thank god for visceral..

Also it seems that by pure luck I got the best ending...

Now spoilers!
So it was all a dream? What happened? I'm back at the beginning but the doll addeed something like "you found yourself a hunter"

Did she say that on a normal playthorugh?
God I now I missed a lot of stuff on my first run this is going to be addictive as hell..

myco666

The constant sound of that beating heart as you're descending deeper and deeper into 3-2 is fucking crazy. I can only imagine what 3-3 is like since I've never gotten that far into the game...actually I have with my first character...beat the boss, but I don't remember that part of the level since it's been 4 years since I've played that part.

Yeah it really makes you anxious as you go on and the enemy designs and darkness certainly doesn't help. 3-3 like other x-3 levels is just the boss fight so unfortunately it doesn't get better than that. It is really unique boss though.

Micolash is fantastic. Definetily my favorite boss in the game. Sure the fight is pretty standard but the atmosphere is just something else. "Oooh! Majestic! A hunter is a hunter even in a dream."

Yeah it really makes you anxious as you go on and the enemy designs and darkness certainly doesn't help. 3-3 like other x-3 levels is just the boss fight so unfortunately it doesn't get better than that. It is really unique boss though.
Oh last time I just played offline, I didn't want to get wrecked. Demons probably has the scariest looking gargoyles of the Souls franchise I swear unless they have them in Dark Souls 2 as well. They're a lot bigger and more menacing looking than what's in Bloodbourne and Dark Souls 1.
I agree that area and the Forbidden Woods were also my favs.
Upper Cathedral Ward also has great atmosphere but it's too damn short.

Lumenflower gardens is oozing with atmosphere, love it.
Took down Ebrietas last night, it was piss easy with my +10 axe, she didn't even use her lasers. :(

I can smell the ending now, it has been an amazing ride.

myco666

Oh last time I just played offline, I didn't want to get wrecked. Demons probably has the scariest looking gargoyles of the Souls franchise I swear unless they have them in Dark Souls 2 as well. They're a lot bigger and more menacing looking than what's in Bloodbourne and Dark Souls 1.

Most likely no one will invade you this time around since it the game is rather old. If someone gets in your game the person will probably backstab you the moment you step through the fog gate lol. Dark Souls 2 doesn't have Gargoyles as regular enemies if I recall correctly but it has copy paste Gargoyle boss fight from Dark Souls.

Upper Cathedral Ward also has great atmosphere but it's too damn short.

UCW and Lecture Building have best atmosphere in the game. Shame they both are really short. Also the "Abyss" in Mensis is great if you use the headset as you hear the heartbeat so well.

Most likely no one will invade you this time around since it the game is rather old. If someone gets in your game the person will probably backstab you the moment you step through the fog gate lol. Dark Souls 2 doesn't have Gargoyles as regular enemies if I recall correctly but it has copy paste Gargoyle boss fight from Dark Souls.

UCW and Lecture Building have best atmosphere in the game. Shame they both are really short. Also the "Abyss" in Mensis is great if you use the headset as you hear the heartbeat so well.
I love how the gargoyles and the fight in Dark Souls 2 you're talking about pretty much copy and paste versions of the Man Eaters fight which I'm actually thinking about doing legit and not cheesing one by shooting it full of arrows like I did the first time. I loved UCW with the headset, hearing those brain suckers and wolves throughout the level was creepy. I had no idea about the abyss in Mensis with the heartbeat. I have the Sony gold's now so I should give that a shot next time, wow. For an old game I still see a good amount of white ghosts and messages walking around unless those are really old. So pretty much fighting a guy as the 3-3 boss is cheesey as fuck, yay!

myco666

I love how the gargoyles and the fight in Dark Souls 2 you're talking about pretty much copy and paste versions of the Man Eaters fight which I'm actually thinking about doing legit and not cheesing one by shooting it full of arrows like I did the first time. I loved UCW with the headset, hearing those brain suckers and wolves throughout the level was creepy. I had no idea about the abyss in Mensis with the heartbeat. I have the Sony gold's now so I should give that a shot next time, wow. For an old game I still see a good amount of white ghosts and messages walking around unless those are really old. So pretty much fighting a guy as the 3-3 boss is cheesey as fuck, yay!

Man Eaters aren't that tough but the arena makes it rather hard fight. Dropped off the ledge so many times. I probably never actually died to their attacks haha. Definetily worth checking the brain with headset on. The total darkness and slow heartbeat is really good combo and I was freaked out when I stumbled upon there for the first time. I hear that the Demon's Souls community is still strong but I have never encountered invader in that boss. I would assume that is rather inactive area since the wait time to invade must be rather high since the player base is much lower.

Man Eaters aren't that tough but the arena makes it rather hard fight. Dropped off the ledge so many times. I probably never actually died to their attacks haha. Definetily worth checking the brain with headset on. The total darkness and slow heartbeat is really good combo and I was freaked out when I stumbled upon there for the first time. I hear that the Demon's Souls community is still strong but I have never encountered invader in that boss. I would assume that is rather inactive area since the wait time to invade must be rather high since the player base is much lower.
Yeah now I remembered that. I love how much hidden stuff winds up in Mensis, too bad you couldn't interact with the heart in Demons Souls in some way. I'm probably going to do Dark Souls...well probably finish Dark Souls because I don't think I want to roll a new character and make my way back to Anor Lando, still need to fight Ornstein and Fat Bastard. Will probably do it just so I can compare the atmospheres of the three games and then get back to Dark Souls 2 or something. Oddly enough I was always a fan of the series since Demons Souls but it took loving and beating Bloodborne to fully appreciate the franchise.

Yeah now I remembered that. I love how much hidden stuff winds up in Mensis, too bad you couldn't interact with the heart in Demons Souls in some way. I'm probably going to do Dark Souls...well probably finish Dark Souls because I don't think I want to roll a new character and make my way back to Anor Lando, still need to fight Ornstein and Fat Bastard. Will probably do it just so I can compare the atmospheres of the three games and then get back to Dark Souls 2 or something. Oddly enough I was always a fan of the series since Demons Souls but it took loving and beating Bloodborne to fully appreciate the franchise.

That's exactly how I feel, I nearly finished Demon's Souls (I had a US import) but never quite managed it, then I got DS1 when it came out, rang the first bell and never went back to it, skipped DS2 completely as quite honestly it looked a mess, then BB came out and I was hooked and since i've finished that i've finished Scholar on my PS4 and just last weekend finished DS1 and am starting a NG+ run to see how far I get.

That's exactly how I feel, I nearly finished Demon's Souls (I had a US import) but never quite managed it, then I got DS1 when it came out, rang the first bell and never went back to it, skipped DS2 completely as quite honestly it looked a mess, then BB came out and I was hooked and since i've finished that i've finished Scholar on my PS4 and just last weekend finished DS1 and am starting a NG+ run to see how far I get.
It's actually funny seeing how spaced out some of my trophies are for Demon's and Dark 1 with like two and 4 year gaps between the Demons ones, I should see how spaced out some of my Dark Souls 1 trophies are. Yeah Bloodborne really did help me "get" the franchise though. I oddly do compare some of them with Demons and Bloodborne being my absolute faves though. Just the tone and atmosphere click with me more and I like the hub world aspects of them since you can just get there quite easily and take a bit of a breather as you buy weapons or potions and emotionally prepare for your next trek into some deranged unknown hell hole. The one thing that pissed me off was that I died in Dark Souls 1 looking for the first merchant, put it down for like years or something. Then I eventually got better at it and made my way to Anor Lando, which is crazy.

It's actually funny seeing how spaced out some of my trophies are for Demon's and Dark 1 with like two and 4 year gaps between the Demons ones, I should see how spaced out some of my Dark Souls 1 trophies are. Yeah Bloodborne really did help me "get" the franchise though. I oddly do compare some of them with Demons and Bloodborne being my absolute faves though. Just the tone and atmosphere click with me more and I like the hub world aspects of them since you can just get there quite easily and take a bit of a breather as you buy weapons or potions and emotionally prepare for your next trek into some deranged unknown hell hole. The one thing that pissed me off was that I died in Dark Souls 1 looking for the first merchant, put it down for like years or something. Then I eventually got better at it and made my way to Anor Lando, which is crazy.

I know what you mean, i've just had a look and I lit the first bonfire in DS1 on 13/01/2012 and I got the Dark Lord ending 03/01/2015!

I must go back to Demon's and actually finish it, I was watching an old ENB vid the other day and I got further than I remember but I never finished it which is a shame, I think I just ran out of steam on it and I was younger then and less patient.

I'm kind of torn on the hub world thing I do like it to a point but I love DS1 and the way it is laid out in terms of exploration, when I fired it back up again after beating Scholar I forgot how atmospheric that run up to the undead burg is and even getting towards the end of the game I still love running up and into the aquaduct, there is something about the way it looks, but there is a nice finality to your game session by getting back to the hub area and chilling out, mind you I only found out the other week you can quit out anywhere and the world will stay in the same state as you left it!

Also since BB i've really got into the lore side of things, I can't get enough of ENBs videos I am loving his From the Dark series he's doing at the moment.

I know what you mean, i've just had a look and I lit the first bonfire in DS1 on 13/01/2012 and I got the Dark Lord ending 03/01/2015!

I must go back to Demon's and actually finish it, I was watching an old ENB vid the other day and I got further than I remember but I never finished it which is a shame, I think I just ran out of steam on it and I was younger then and less patient.

I'm kind of torn on the hub world thing I do like it to a point but I love DS1 and the way it is laid out in terms of exploration, when I fired it back up again after beating Scholar I forgot how atmospheric that run up to the undead burg is and even getting towards the end of the game I still love running up and into the aquaduct, there is something about the way it looks, but there is a nice finality to your game session by getting back to the hub area and chilling out, mind you I only found out the other week you can quit out anywhere and the world will stay in the same state as you left it!

Also since BB i've really got into the lore side of things, I can't get enough of ENBs videos I am loving his From the Dark series he's doing at the moment.
If I beat Demons this year it would have taken me 6 years to beat it. I beat Phalanx October 6, 2009 and finally beat Penetrator October 7, 2015 it's almost embarrassing if it wasn't so funny. Luckily I'm so much better at this game than when I first started. I don't have as much fear of the bosses or of losing my souls as I did the first time, plus I'm just better with the combat. I don't even fear dual katana black skeletons anymore. I just circle around the bulk of things and back stab, plus knowing about equip burden and stuff from the very beginning is a fucking god send, kind of annoyed they dropped it for Bloodborne, but I can see that they really wanted to streamline that game. ENB's Demon's videos are great, makes the game look so damn easy. His soundtrack choices crack me up too. Dude broke out the Persona 3 boss music for when he fought Satsuki for 15 seconds. I don't think he ever beat Demons Souls during his Crushing Battle Chat series if that's what you were watching, still really helpful guides though. I need to get back to his From the Dark series too, but I can't watch those at work too much anymore. Oh god I just checked and it took me almost four years to reach Anor Lando.

myco666

Demon's and BB has by far the strongest atmosphere. Neither of the Dark Souls games have same kind of oppressive atmosphere which is what I really like in Demon's and BB. Dark Souls feels much more lighter in tone even if they have bunch of twisted and dark stuff.

Demon's and BB has by far the strongest atmosphere. Neither of the Dark Souls games have same kind of oppressive atmosphere which is what I really like in Demon's and BB. Dark Souls feels much more lighter in tone even if they have bunch of twisted and dark stuff.
This is true, there's no sun praising in Demons Souls. Only thing I've seen getting praise were Fools Idol so far. The only two levels not in constant darkness are Boletaria and the Shrine of Storms area, even Bloodborne has more sunlight, granted it's moody as hell. Kind of makes me wonder why they moved away from the oppressive atmospheres for the Dark Souls games. I think Majula has been the sunniest place I've been to in a Souls game.

If I beat Demons this year it would have taken me 6 years to beat it. I beat Phalanx October 6, 2009 and finally beat Penetrator October 7, 2015 it's almost embarrassing if it wasn't so funny. Luckily I'm so much better at this game than when I first started. I don't have as much fear of the bosses or of losing my souls as I did the first time, plus I'm just better with the combat. I don't even fear dual katana black skeletons anymore. I just circle around the bulk of things and back stab, plus knowing about equip burden and stuff from the very beginning is a fucking god send, kind of annoyed they dropped it for Bloodborne, but I can see that they really wanted to streamline that game. ENB's Demon's videos are great, makes the game look so damn easy. His soundtrack choices crack me up too. Dude broke out the Persona 3 boss music for when he fought Satsuki for 15 seconds. I don't think he ever beat Demons Souls during his Crushing Battle Chat series if that's what you were watching, still really helpful guides though. I need to get back to his From the Dark series too, but I can't watch those at work too much anymore. Oh god I just checked and it took me almost four years to reach Anor Lando.

I beat the penatrator on the 20/12/2009 and never went back for whatever reason, I still have the game so I might as well give it another go, I reckon starting over knowing what I know now would be the way to go.

The battle chat was the one yeah, it's a pity he didn't finish it, I love watching him play and his commentary is always really interesting.

I beat the penatrator on the 20/12/2009 and never went back for whatever reason, I still have the game so I might as well give it another go, I reckon starting over knowing what I know now would be the way to go.

The battle chat was the one yeah, it's a pity he didn't finish it, I love watching him play and his commentary is always really interesting.
You'll be back there before you know it actually I have 65 hours in my first file and maybe half that in my second and the only bosses that I didn't kill in my second file that I did in my first are Man Eaters, 4-2 and 4-2 boss and Old Monk. I used more magic too with my first character so I'm happy I've managed to melee everybody. Really happy that I meleed Flamelurker though still hid behind the Purple Flame Shield.
That's news to me. In what form has ENB worked with them?
He worked on the Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne guides that they put out, also was there when they did the interview with Miyazaki. He gives a lot of inside info in his recent videos. Knew who designed some of the armors like the Onion Knight guy and Gaping Dragon and stuff like that. Goes into detail about some of the discarded storylines regarding the big blacksmith in Dark Souls, lots of info actually.

Melchiah

He worked on the Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne guides that they put out, also was there when they did the interview with Miyazaki. He gives a lot of inside info in his recent videos. Knew who designed some of the armors like the Onion Knight guy and Gaping Dragon and stuff like that. Goes into detail about some of the discarded storylines regarding the big blacksmith in Dark Souls, lots of info actually.

Huh, I never knew he's so closely linked to them. I definitely have to check out some of his lore videos now.

Does he do lore videos as well, or mostly playthroughs? I'm not really interested in the latter.
There's a bunch here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4825DBA198EBE9B9
I don't know if he ever did them for Dark Souls 2 though. ENB has been going crazy in depth during his From The Dark series cause I think he has more info no than he did then cause that was before he started working on the guides and got the insider knowledge.

myco666

This is true, there's no sun praising in Demons Souls. Only thing I've seen getting praise were Fools Idol so far. The only two levels not in constant darkness are Boletaria and the Shrine of Storms area, even Bloodborne has more sunlight, granted it's moody as hell. Kind of makes me wonder why they moved away from the oppressive atmospheres for the Dark Souls games. I think Majula has been the sunniest place I've been to in a Souls game.

Boletaria and Shrine of Storms are still pretty gloomy and miserable places. Demon's feels like you are trapped inside a nightmare where as in Dark Souls you are in an adventure. Yeah I have no idea why they decided to make it more lighter with Dark Souls. Majula is too sunny almost. It feels way too happy place to be though I assume this is why NPCs want to stay there but still.

Melchiah

There's a bunch here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4825DBA198EBE9B9
I don't know if he ever did them for Dark Souls 2 though. ENB has been going crazy in depth during his From The Dark series cause I think he has more info no than he did then cause that was before he started working on the guides and got the insider knowledge.

Thanks for the link, but I meant the other fellow you mentioned, and I'm more interested in BB lore as I haven't played DS.

Boletaria and Shrine of Storms are still pretty gloomy and miserable places. Demon's feels like you are trapped inside a nightmare where as in Dark Souls you are in an adventure. Yeah I have no idea why they decided to make it more lighter with Dark Souls. Majula is too sunny almost. It feels way too happy place to be though I assume this is why NPCs want to stay there but still.
Majula is so sunny but the Amber Herald is gloomier than the Maiden in Black. Bearer of the...seek...seek...lest..."just level me up already." The one thing I like in Boletaria regarding the knights there is that they sort of still have faces, but at the same time they just seem like hollowed out suits of armor that are possessed or something. Even the Shrine of Storms skeletons seem haunted as well, I guess I just get that feeling when their skulls light up. Now that I think about it Boletaria seems like the most "intact" castle of the franchise, like it wasn't ransacked 200 years ago, but like 2 days ago. Comparing that to Cainhurst is crazy.
Thanks for the link, but I meant the other fellow you mentioned, and I'm more interested in BB lore as I haven't played DS.
AGS has like the weirdest channel, he has playthroughs on there, but I'm not sure if he goes into the lore during them.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AGermanSpy/playlists

Top Bottom