• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Finalow

Nice fight.

A way to make the fight easy (if you have a weapon with reach) is to hit the tail to bait the leap attack, then immediately start charging an attack, aiming and releasing towards its head when it lands, then rolling through the legs to bait another attack. I didn't get hit on the leaping attack if I just stayed in the same spot (not my strategy, I think it was on the wiki page).
more like annoying as fuck fight which you gladly cheese. and yeah, I used that method, found a lot of "guides" about it. I have to admit that it didn't work all the time but it was good enough for me to finish the fight.

now I'm only missing the Queen and I should finally get this platinum.
then pvp time

myco666

Nice fight.

A way to make the fight easy (if you have a weapon with reach) is to hit the tail to bait the leap attack, then immediately start charging an attack, aiming and releasing towards its head when it lands, then rolling through the legs to bait another attack. I didn't get hit on the leaping attack if I just stayed in the same spot (not my strategy, I think it was on the wiki page).

Thanks! Yeah... about that staying still thing... I don't trust it. Have been stomped several times trying it. I prefer her not jumping.

Hey guys I have a question regarding the new DLC. I've started Bloodborne about 2 weeks ago and I've just defeated
Rom that ugly motherfucker
so my question is should I put the game on hold until the DLC will come out or finish the game? I'm asking beacuse a lot of people are sour that they started NG+ and won't be able to access DLC right away. Please no story spoilers :)

Well it is possible that there is stuff you will miss already as you are already past halfway point. I would just play it through now and start new character once DLC hits.

I hate myself for sticking with it because I know what comes next can only be worse but I finally defeated the Defiled Watchdog. I don't feel good about it at all, I feel like a chump!

Siegmeyer

I hate myself for sticking with it because I know what comes next can only be worse but I finally defeated the Defiled Watchdog. I don't feel good about it at all, I feel like a chump!

You're going for the plat, right? If so I'd say you've got about 90%of the work behind you. Once you take out the last defiled boss, the final dungeon is a cakewalk in comparison.

ColEx

How long does the chalice progression part take of the Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen Trophy?

Only got a few trophies left now, the hunter weapons/tools, one mentioned above, and the last 3 that tie in with the ending. I really want to platinum this before the DLC releases.

So far there is one boss harder than the dog later.

How long does the chalice progression part take of the Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen Trophy?

Only got a few trophies left now, the hunter weapons/tools, one mentioned above, and the last 3 that tie in with the ending. I really want to platinum this before the DLC releases.

Is long but not so long, like 4 chalices and an extra one for materials, harder than the main game. It was the last trophy I did for the plat due that.

The last hunter tool is in mensis the other ones are from previous zones,you get the last hunter weapon after you defeat
Gehrman

My problem with the later chalice dungeons when getting the plat was the stretch of FromSoftware Fight the Fucking Camera™ battles before the last, easy boss. I love these games, but come on guys...why repeat Centipede Demon?

After Defiled the bosses are easy again unless you do all of Isz chalice and fight Ebrietas. Did you also do all of Lower Ailing Loran or was I the only one dumb enough to do that as well?
You're going for the plat, right? If so I'd say you've got about 90%of the work behind you. Once you take out the last defiled boss, the final dungeon is a cakewalk in comparison.
Pthumeru Descendant and Headless Bloodletting Beast can be a hangup for a lot of people.

myco666

After Defiled the bosses are easy again unless you do all of Isz chalice and fight Ebrietas. Did you also do all of Lower Ailing Loran or was I the only one dumb enough to do that as well?

I did all the remaining Chalices after obtaining the plat. They weren't that bad. That poison pool BSB fight was bullshit though.

Defiled Amagdala...... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've only fought Amagdala once before and know nothing of it's attacks. I feel myself going grey over this!

I did all the remaining Chalices after obtaining the plat. They weren't that bad. That poison pool BSB fight was bullshit though.
I don't think I fought him near that pool the last time I fought him. I think version 2 Abhorrent Beast and Loran Dark Beast were the ones that gave me the biggest problems there. That that dreaded room with two bell maidens in there with the fucking infinite spawn spiders.
Defiled Amagdala...... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've only fought Amagdala once before and know nothing of it's attacks. I feel myself going grey over this!
That's why Defiled Amygdala was such a pain for me. I've fought that one the least so I just had no experience with either countering or dodging her attacks.

ColEx

I guess the difficulty to chalice dungeons are tied to the depth level? Because the first 2 i did were pretty easy.

Depth level 3 upwards is where it gets harder?

myco666

I don't think I fought him near that pool the last time I fought him. I think version 2 Abhorrent Beast and Loran Dark Beast were the ones that gave me the biggest problems there. That that dreaded room with two bell maidens in there with the fucking infinite spawn spiders.

I tried to stay away from the pool but would eventually always dodge in there and get poisoned. Abhorrent Beast is hard for sure. Used poison knives to deplete its health faster and when it had sliver of health left and I was out of vials used remaining poison knives to finish the fight. Those spiders and everything else those maidens spawn suck big time. Have died countless of times to them.

edit.

I guess the difficulty to chalice dungeons are tied to the depth level? Because the first 2 i did were pretty easy.

Depth level 3 upwards is where it gets harder?

Depth 3 is indeed where it gets harder. That depth is still fine for NG builds. Depth 4 and 5 is where shit goes crazy with damage output and enemy encounters.

I tried to stay away from the pool but would eventually always dodge in there and get poisoned. Abhorrent Beast is hard for sure. Used poison knives to deplete its health faster and when it had sliver of health left and I was out of vials used remaining poison knives to finish the fight. Those spiders and everything else those maidens spawn suck big time. Have died countless of times to them.
I haven't fought the second version in a while, but the first version is definitely easier once you know to dodge into his attacks. My Chikage character tore his ass up when I fought version one and stopped getting hit. I really should fight the second version with that character too. I didn't mind the bell maidens when they just spawned those men, once the spiders came I was like "fuck these bell ringing bitches!!" Motherfuckers hunt your ass down to the beginning of the level. I thought they only spawned two things, what else do they spawn?

myco666

I haven't fought the second version in a while, but the first version is definitely easier once you know to dodge into his attacks. My Chikage character tore his ass up when I fought version one and stopped getting hit. I really should fight the second version with that character too. I didn't mind the bell maidens when they just spawned those men, once the spiders came I was like "fuck these bell ringing bitches!!" Motherfuckers hunt your ass down to the beginning of the level. I thought they only spawned two things, what else do they spawn?

They probably don't spawn anything else. It just has been awhile since I last visited the Chalices so thought they might have spawned something else also. Yeah the fact that they find you anywhere in the dungeon is crazy and can seriously fuck you up.

They probably don't spawn anything else. It just has been awhile since I last visited the Chalices so thought they might have spawned something else also. Yeah the fact that they find you anywhere in the dungeon is crazy and can seriously fuck you up.
In one of my videos I have them chasing me to he Abhorrent Beast boss door, shit's hilarious and annoying at the same time.

So, for a bloodtinge build, when do you start leveling BT? I figure you need a lot of vit for Logarius if you don't want to spend too many points on str/skl. The early weapons don't really scale off BT but I guess you want a decent level to start off from once you get the evelyn and chikage.

Is anyone else absolutely terrified of those enemies in the Chalice Dungeons with the long hair that run at you really fast?! I think they're the scariest enemy in the game!

So, for a bloodtinge build, when do you start leveling BT? I figure you need a lot of vit for Logarius if you don't want to spend too many points on str/skl. The early weapons don't really scale off BT but I guess you want a decent level to start off from once you get the evelyn and chikage.

Since I leveled SKL up to 25, my advice might not be useful, but is what I did: Used threaded cane and leveled SKL to 25 and the focused on Vit and some BT. Then after I got chikage full BT and VIT.

With SKL chikage is not such a good weapon, but you can still use it even with not so great BT, but of course after a few points BT dmg will easily surpass SKL.

That said, I don't regret getting SKL up to 25, one handed chikage has a couple of very useful attacks, so alternating between both modes is not a bad idea (also that visceral attack dmg).

But yeah, if you want to go pure BT, your initial idea is the best one. Pump up VIT and try to level up the more you can one of the starter weapons. The axe is probably the best one in these kind of situations.

myco666

In one of my videos I have them chasing me to he Abhorrent Beast boss door, shit's hilarious and annoying at the same time.

Haha! Did they catch you?

Immediately so when you get Chikage and Evelyn you already get some benefits. Since Chikage also scales with Skill you can bump that up also. Get Vit and End up at steady pace. Logarius isn't that bad even with lower levels. You can also summon someone to that fight trivializing it totally. Also check out Repeating pistol since it has higher damage than Evelyn.

Is anyone else absolutely terrified of those enemies in the Chalice Dungeons with the long hair that run at you really fast?! I think they're the scariest enemy in the game!

Only enemy that manages to make me still nervous in this game.

Wait till you find the same guys using corpses as a weapon, ironically those guys are the wisest people on the phumerian kingdom.

Fat sonic?

The fat guy who uses the pistol and usually guards the chalice chests, but naked, super fast and can easily one shot you, did I told you he is naked and super fast?

Melchiah

Those and fat sonic piss the shit out of me. Sure I'll fight the hair metal guys, but I hate fat sonic.

I just played through a fetid Ihyll root chalice, that featured all the hardest enemies, except the naked Watcher, in the same layer; red spiders, Keeper's Hunting Dogs, and a Labyrinth Madman. FML

Fat sonic?

https://youtu.be/WjG3L5WBS6A

Right of course, I did think those were the enemies you meant - the fat blue guys with the giant morning star. I've only fought one I think that wasn't a room that had stairs and different levels so I usually cheese them. The only time I fought one in a wide open room it got stuck on the wall geometry so I cheesed it then too.

Haha! Did they catch you?
No, I'm usually saved by the invincibility of the door opening and fog door opening animations and then they get locked out, you still see them in front of the door just waiting though.
I just played through a fetid Ihyll root chalice, that featured all the hardest enemies, except the naked Watcher, in the same layer; red spiders, Keeper's Hunting Dogs, and a Labyrinth Madman. FML
What the hell is a Labryinth Madman? Is that the boss that's in Lower Hintertomb?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Okay. This guy on the
roof with the goddamn machine gun (?!) and a little hit and run buddy on the ground
are handing my arse to me pretty consistently.

He can be tough to fight regularly, try to make him fall off by rushing him immediately or shoot him 3-4 times with the pistol to make him drop.

Or befriend him, the results are (basically) the same

edit: thanks for the tips on the BT build, will divide the points across vit and bt with some skill points mixed in and hope for a good co-op session against logarius

Finalow

1L7b8776.png
!!

joined the club, at last.

Right of course, I did think those were the enemies you meant - the fat blue guys with the giant morning star. I've only fought one I think that wasn't a room that had stairs and different levels so I usually cheese them. The only time I fought one in a wide open room it got stuck on the wall geometry so I cheesed it then too.
You laugh now but wait till you meet one in defiled chalice and it one shot smashes your face in.

Logarius is getting to me, I only have the hunters axe and it's kinda slow and I can beat him fine but when the knives stuff happens I always get boned because he's so aggressive at the end it's fine when I have time to parry but it's not always easy to get to a safe spot and I keep getting killed during that knife shower he's so easy to parry but the knives screw me over

Logarius is getting to me, I only have the hunters axe and it's kinda slow and I can beat him fine but when the knives stuff happens I always get boned because he's so aggressive at the end it's fine when I have time to parry but it's not always easy to get to a safe spot and I keep getting killed during that knife shower he's so easy to parry but the knives screw me over

You can target the sword in the ground and shoot it to get rid of it.

Finalow

when I played the game at launch pvp was pretty much dead, now is more or less the same.
well, can't blame the players. the bell system just isn't good for pvp, at least not as good as the classic souls games online system. then you have the fact that covenants might as well not exist and there isn't much variety on the builds. the dlc will probably help to ''revive'' the pvp but it won't be enough.
I had fun with it, don't get me wrong, but it's not nearly as fun and interesting as the dark souls ones.

The fat sonics are the scariest motherfuckers in the whole game, I swear.
yep.
as the most dangerous one I'd go for the black maiden spawning infinite red spiders, that bullshit can kill you very fast.

yep.
as the most dangerous one I'd go for the black maiden spawning infinite red spiders, that bullshit can kill you very fast.
There's nothing like being stun locked to death while you're running around in a circle trying to space their asses out so you can attack the bell maiden for a second or two. At that point the game calls for Benny Hill music.

silva1991

There's nothing like being stun locked to death while you're running around in a circle trying to space their asses out so you can attack the bell maiden for a second or two. At that point the game calls for Benny Hill music.

Can I parry his rolling attack? I tried alot, but it always kills me.

I hope The Old Hunters will have trophies. I never bought the Dark Souls 2 DLC because there were no trophies, and even though I have the PS4 version of DS2 now I still don't feel like doing it :(

I've given up on that stupid defiled watchdog and I want to do The Old Hunters to level up a bit before trying again. It's a chance to play other games again while waiting!

Can I parry his rolling attack? I tried alot, but it always kills me.
I think you can parry it when it's about to attack, but the timing is pretty hard since it's when it comes out of its roll. Since it's a pain in the ass to parry and fucking strong it makes it my most feared enemy.

You can target the sword in the ground and shoot it to get rid of it.
Nice didn't know that. I also switched to Ludwigs and it seemed a million times easier, I'll wreck him tonight if I get a chance to play knowing this now. Even though I only have 16/12 on my stats and Ludwigs isn't as upgraded as my axe it stuns way easier and quicker.

Just glitched out of the grand cathedral after doing a visceral to Amelia's face, lol. I was running along the side of it but got knocked down eventually and fell down the abyss

In other news, the insight trick makes the witches such a peaceful fight.

He smashed his butt on my face =(
Lol, we've all been there. I remember trying to hit and run with him by shooting him with BMA enhanced Evelyn, running away to de aggro him and doing it again and it took forever, then I said fuck it and didn't run when he charged me and he just hit me once and I was dead. I just gave up after that.

Melchiah

Lol, we've all been there. I remember trying to hit and run with him by shooting him with BMA enhanced Evelyn, running away to de aggro him and doing it again and it took forever, then I said fuck it and didn't run when he charged me and he just hit me once and I was dead. I just gave up after that.

That's pretty much how it happened with me in Defiled chalice as well. I decided to leave that chest unopened.

RiggyRob

Finally got the balls to go through the poison swamp in Forbidden Woods (the slow poison resist rune helped a lot, could've used that in the fucking Nightmare Frontier) and I had no idea it leads right up to Iosefka's Clinic.

Of course, that leads me on to the next revelation, which is HOLY SHIT IOSEFKA. Now I really feel bad I sent Arianna there.

Also, I went back to where Eileen was supposed to be so I can do a quest (supposedly), but now she's gone? Can anyone tell me where she might be (without spoilers if possible)?

Top Bottom