• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Finalow

aren't there like 2 Bloodletting Beast bosses in the dungeons needed for the platinum. and one of those (last one before Queen) is a Bloodletting Beast ''modified'', pretty cute.

seems like I'll play the dlc on ng+ since all my characters are on it and I don't feel like starting a new one, I already pretty much covered all the builds besides full arcane.

they could also add a respec option with the dlc, I'd like that. ;(

Just started this game last night. Currently in old yarnham getting my ass beat by the blood starved beast. Should I be leveling up a ton? I think I'm 27 right now but I heard they scale with you. I get him down to half health easy but then he just rages out and I can't even get a hit in.

Jombie

Should I be leveling up a ton? I think I'm 27 right now but I heard they scale with you. I

Your level is fine, and the enemies absolutely don't scale with you. For bsb, take some antidotes and possibly Gascoigne's set (has poison resist); all it takes to avoid his attacks is to dash or simply walk to his right / your left. Just stay away from him when he starts to wildly thrash about. If you continue to have trouble you can summon Alfred; his mark is to the right of where you enter before the fog gate.

Your level is fine, and the enemies absolutely don't scale with you. For bsb, take some antidotes and possibly Gascoigne's set (has poison resist); all it takes to avoid his attacks is to dash or simply walk to his right / your left. Just stay away from him when he starts to wildly thrash about. If you continue to have trouble you can summon Alfred; his mark is to the right of where you enter before the fog gate.

Just beat him, wish I had known I could summon Alfred haha. Thanks man!

I don't think I've cleared Byrgenwerth, I haven't beaten the Shadows of Yarnham yet if that's what you mean.

The problem is I've sort of taken a meandering path through the game, going from Cathedral Ward > Old Yarnham > Hypogean Gaol > Grand Cathedral > Hemwick Charnel Lane > Forbidden Woods > Nightmare Frontier > back to the Forbidden Woods where the massive snakes are.information about the Paleblood and so on.

Just for context, it's night time after beating Vicar Amelia, and now that I've opened up

It's really fucking me up where to go next in the story, and I'm forgetting to go back and talk to NPCs I've only met once like Eileen and the church guy who gives you the shortcut back to Iosefka's Clinic I know that
killing Iosefka at this point has changed what ending I can get, but I don't know how specifically or what ending(s?) I can get now

Looks like I'll head back to the Tomb of Oedon / Grand Cathedral when I next get a chance.

In that case, there still might be some time to do more sidequests. If you progress past the Shadows of Yharnam you'll hit a point of no return where you'll be unable to progress with or start quite a few NPC quests. If Eileen isn't outside in the Cathedral Ward or in the Tomb of Oedon, the only thing to do is visit the Grand Cathedral, but only after the point of no return has been reached.

As for
killing Iosefka
, the best ending is still doable, but it hinges on doing the Odeon Chapel dweller sidequest correctly.

RiggyRob

In that case, there still might be some time to do more sidequests. If you progress past the Shadows of Yharnam you'll hit a point of no return where you'll be unable to progress with or start quite a few NPC quests. If Eileen isn't outside in the Cathedral Ward or in the Tomb of Oedon, the only thing to do is visit the Grand Cathedral, but only after the point of no return has been reached.

As for
killing Iosefka
, the best ending is still doable, but it hinges on doing the Odeon Chapel dweller sidequest correctly.

Well, shit.

I just beat the Shadows of Yarnham and reached Byrgenwerth last night and made Rom the Vacuous Spider aggressive but haven't killed him (I didn't want to but there's literally nothing else to do there!), and I still cannot find Eileen for the life of me.

She wasn't in the rafters above the sewers, she wasn't at the railing left outside the Cathedral Ward going straight forward from the lamp and she wasn't in the Tomb of Oedon that I saw (unless my eyesight's failing me, trying to find a person wearing all black in a horror themed game at night is a bit silly).

Well, shit.

I just beat the Shadows of Yarnham and reached Byrgenwerth last night and made Rom the Vacuous Spider aggressive but haven't killed him (I didn't want to but there's literally nothing else to do there!), and I still cannot find Eileen for the life of me.

She wasn't in the rafters above the sewers, she wasn't at the railing left outside the Cathedral Ward going straight forward from the lamp and she wasn't in the Tomb of Oedon that I saw (unless my eyesight's failing me, trying to find a person wearing all black in a horror themed game at night is a bit silly).

The point of no return happens after you beat Rom, but if Eileen isn't anywhere, I'm afraid you've hit the bad end for her this run. :( At this point, it's important to make sure
the prostitute Arianna
is all safe and sound inside Odeon Chapel before beating Rom so the third ending of the game is still open to you.

Melchiah

Well, shit.

Eileen disappears from the Cathedral Ward after you beat
Darkbeast Paarl.
Here's a guide to her quest: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eileen+the+Crow

RiggyRob

The point of no return happens after you beat Rom, but if Eileen isn't anywhere, I'm afraid you've hit the bad end for her this run. :( At this point, it's important to make sure
the prostitute Arianna
is all safe and sound inside Odeon Chapel before beating Rom so the third ending of the game is still open to you.

Eileen disappears from the Cathedral Ward after you beat
Darkbeast Paarl.
Here's a guide to her quest: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eileen+the+Crow

Well, I'm fucked. Arianna's gone, I sent her to Iosefka's Clinic, I have her shoes as proof. I haven't beaten Paarl but I met him incredibly early.

NOW I know why someone said I done fucked up in the LttP thread.

At least this means that I can take an entirely different approach to things on New Game+.

Well, I'm fucked. Arianna's gone, I sent her to Iosefka's Clinic, I have her shoes as proof. I haven't beaten Paarl but I met him incredibly early.

NOW I know why someone said I done fucked up in the LttP thread.

At least this means that I can take an entirely different approach to things on New Game+.
Yep, you turned her into a bobblehead. I reserve that fate for the cannibal dude in the forbidden woods and him alone. Yeah try again next round and just hope you're good enough for the jump in difficulty.

RiggyRob

Yep, you turned her into a bobblehead. I reserve that fate for the cannibal dude in the forbidden woods and him alone. Yeah try again next round and just hope you're good enough for the jump in difficulty.

That reminds me, I sent the guy that was eating the little boy there too, but I cleared out the clinic and I didn't get any items that told me who he was like I did with Arianna's shoes. Is that supposed to happen?

I imagine for every normal NPC you send to Iosefka's Clinic you get a piece of equipment that has the sole purpose of making you feel bad that you effectively sent them to their deaths.

myco666

I mean we got everybody else in there minus Logarius and her I think right? I wouldn't mind fighting an amped up version of her...which I'd probably immediately regret after getting one shot smashed by her. I'm honestly surprised they never gave you two on one fights with certain bosses in there. Could you imagine fighting Blood Starved Beast and Vicar Amelia at the same fucking time?

JGYSRXf.gif

Actually there are bunch more that weren't in Chalices. CB, SoY, ToR, MWN, Witches, MP and all humanoid bosses. Or atleast I never saw these in Chalices.

JGYSRXf.gif

Actually there are bunch more that weren't in Chalices. CB, SoY, ToR, MWN, Witches, MP and all humanoid bosses. Or atleast I never saw these in Chalices.
But the Witches do show up in the Chalice dungeons, just not as bosses. I think if you do a root chalice of Ailing Loran I think they show up as random enemies. Damn for a minute I forgot how many bosses were in this game. Yeah those don't show up either...I wouldn't seeing the SOY pop up as a random enemy shit would be crazy. Granted they're not that hard when you get to Mergo's area.
That reminds me, I sent the guy that was eating the little boy there too, but I cleared out the clinic and I didn't get any items that told me who he was like I did with Arianna's shoes. Is that supposed to happen?

I imagine for every normal NPC you send to Iosefka's Clinic you get a piece of equipment that has the sole purpose of making you feel bad that you effectively sent them to their deaths.
I think he drops a clawmark rune or something.

myco666

But the Witches do show up in the Chalice dungeons, just not as bosses. I think if you do a root chalice of Ailing Loran I think they show up as random enemies. Damn for a minute I forgot how many bosses were in this game. Yeah those don't show up either...I wouldn't seeing the SOY pop up as a random enemy shit would be crazy. Granted they're not that hard when you get to Mergo's area.

I think he drops a clawmark rune or something.

They do? I remember the witches that appear in Chalices having different design from the Hemwick ones. SoY isn't that hard but if you fuck up they will definetily wreck you. Have been rather careless when farming for echoes in Mensis and died bunch of times to them.

They do? I remember the witches that appear in Chalices having different design from the Hemwick ones. SoY isn't that hard but if you fuck up they will definetily wreck you. Have been rather careless when farming for echoes in Mensis and died bunch of times to them.
Did they shoot fire or summon those wraith things? If it summoned a wraith it a Witch of Hemwick.

Bloodletting Beast down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2EphrNAA0

This was only the second time I'd seen it's centipede head thing, I didn't even know it did that until the try before this one. I was so over this boss though, I got really aggressive and just shooting and slashing, I was not having it with this fool any longer! Phew!
Damn you went in hard. I think when I fought it it was a slower battle. You definitely got hit a lot less than I did. I

Hey guys, I picked up blood borne and wanted to give it another go after I traded it earlier this year. I wanted to do a skill arcane build this go around. What are some good leveling tips and what weapons should I go for? I don't want to use ludwig hold blade again because that just made everything feel pretty easy. I plan on playing this when I get off of work today.
Quoting for new page. I restarted and made it to the cleric beast relatively easy but I am getting curb stomped with the cane lol.

myco666

Did they shoot fire or summon those wraith things? If it summoned a wraith it a Witch of Hemwick.

Don't remember there being witches that summoned wraiths. In what Chalice were they?

Quoting for new page. I restarted and made it to the cleric beast relatively easy but I am getting curb stomped with the cane lol.

Skill/Arcane is rather hard build. If you want best Arcane stuff you need to get it to 40. Check what weapons scales with both and if you can turn the weapon to elemental weapon. I recall BoM having decent Arcane scaling and S scaling for Skill.

I think I was doing a Fetid Loran Root Chalice or something. Somebody is farming them here in a Cursed Isz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O3ooXH70aU
Seems like they're in higher level root chalice dungeons.

Yeah, I think you need Fetid offerings, they become one of the worst enemies on chalice in those, thanks to the summonings.

Use molotov, they scale with Arcane, as for weapons I think is mostly a matter of choice, since with the right gems, every weapon scales to arcane and most weapons have B scaling or so.

But some weapons like BoM does deal both arcane and physical dmg, which mean you don't lose one or the other, so is a good choice, for example.

Well, the queen was a complete joke compared to what came before her - it took two tries, the first I got her down to <20% but got frenzy-grabbed and insta-killed by a combo. The second time I tried to be a bit more careful. A frenetic fun fight, but easier than the previous few bosses.

Am I done with the Chalice Dungeons now?! Please say yes!

myco666

I think I was doing a Fetid Loran Root Chalice or something. Somebody is farming them here in a Cursed Isz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O3ooXH70aU
Seems like they're in higher level root chalice dungeons.

Ahh I never did any Root Chalices so no wonder never saw them. Or well I tried Fetid Rotten Ihyll Chalice with my 90lvl Bloodtinge build. It was pretty rough.

Well, the queen was a complete joke compared to what came before her - it took two tries, the first I got her down to <20% but got frenzy-grabbed and insta-killed by a combo. The second time I tried to be a bit more careful. A frenetic fun fight, but easier than the previous few bosses.

After that no need to do any Chalices unless you want.

I love the Queens music during her third phase. Yes you're done.
Ahh I never did any Root Chalices so no wonder never saw them. Or well I tried Fetid Rotten Ihyll Chalice with my 90lvl Bloodtinge build. It was pretty rough.

After that no need to do any Chalices unless you want.
I've done root versions of several. I wouldn't recommend doing the higher leveled ones though. I'm too scared to do a root Lower Loran and harder myself.

Melchiah

I always send the nun to the clinic as well to
keep Arianna safe
, and because there's no place for zealots in my sanctuary.

On NG+ run I sent the cannibal to the chapel out of curiosity, and let him
kill the suspicious man
just to see the Chapel Dweller's reaction. That way I also could
fight AB in Cathedral Ward.

I always send the nun to the clinic as well to
keep Arianna safe
, and because there's no place for zealots in my sanctuary.

On NG+ run I sent the cannibal to the chapel out of curiosity, and let him
kill the suspicious man
just to see the Chapel Dweller's reaction. That way I also could
fight AB in Cathedral Ward.
What is even the nuns trigger? I've sent her there all the time and nothing happened.

Melchiah

You have to use Arianna's blood several times (3 or so), speak with Arianna and you can see her turning her head in your direction, she becomes "jealous" since you choose her blood over hers
Well that explains it.
I've beaten the game several times without using either of their blood vials so nothing really happened. She just sat in the corner and eventually went insane turning into a babbling idiot after Rom.
I know Logarius and Yharman Queen share the same theme but did Logarius have access to the second half of this song? I remember it vividly for Yharnam Queen but not for Logarius:
Bloodborne OST - Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen/Martyr Logarius

Skill/Arcane is rather hard build. If you want best Arcane stuff you need to get it to 40. Check what weapons scales with both and if you can turn the weapon to elemental weapon. I recall BoM having decent Arcane scaling and S scaling for Skill.

Use molotov, they scale with Arcane, as for weapons I think is mostly a matter of choice, since with the right gems, every weapon scales to arcane and most weapons have B scaling or so.

But some weapons like BoM does deal both arcane and physical dmg, which mean you don't lose one or the other, so is a good choice, for example.
Thanks for the tips. So would you guys recommend I do skill/strength just in case I get into a bind? I was also gonna pump some points into vit/end along with skill and arcane.

It's not the arcane build, it's the cane before it's upgraded some. :) There are enough upgrade materials to have a secondary weapon up to +3 and +6, so something like the saw spear (awesome weapon, more skill than strength, sweet moveset w/thrust, serrated bonus vs some enemies/bosses) could work very well until the cane is upgraded, and gemmed enough to really come into its own.

As far as arcane goes, you can find some OK gems in earlier chalice dungeons, otherwise you get a fire one a few bosses in, in a kinda hidden area...then not much else until later. If you are set on arcane AND skill, you'll want one of the hybrid weapons that scale with both. When you gem for arcane in a normal weapon, it no longer scales from physical stats, so in that case it would be wise to just meet the requirements in str/skill for the weapon you want to use, then dump everything into vitality/endurance/arcane.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Beast rune, IIRC.

Well that explains it.
I've beaten the game several times without using either of their blood vials so nothing really happened. She just sat in the corner and eventually went insane turning into a babbling idiot after Rom.
I know Logarius and Yharman Queen share the same theme but did Logarius have access to the second half of this song? I remember it vividly for Yharnam Queen but not for Logarius:
Bloodborne OST - Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen/Martyr Logarius

The second half of the song won't play if you backstab Logarious when he is powering up.

myco666

It's not the arcane build, it's the cane before it's upgraded some. :) There are enough upgrade materials to have a secondary weapon up to +3 and +6, so something like the saw spear (awesome weapon, more skill than strength, sweet moveset w/thrust, serrated bonus vs some enemies/bosses) could work very well until the cane is upgraded, and gemmed enough to really come into its own.

As far as arcane goes, you can find some OK gems in earlier chalice dungeons, otherwise you get a fire one a few bosses in, in a kinda hidden area...then not much else until later. If you are set on arcane AND skill, you'll want one of the hybrid weapons that scale with both. When you gem for arcane in a normal weapon, it no longer scales from physical stats, so in that case it would be wise to just meet the requirements in str/skill for the weapon you want to use, then dump everything into vitality/endurance/arcane.

There are enough materials to get one +9 and one +8 weapon besides the one +10. And then you can even buy more chunks (they cost ridiculous amount though) so you can get every weapon to +9.

There are enough materials to get one +9 and one +8 weapon besides the one +10. And then you can even buy more chunks (they cost ridiculous amount though) so you can get every weapon to +9.

I know, but shards and twin shards fall out of the sky, so it will be safe for him to experiment with weapons to +6. He probably doesn't know what exact 2 weapons he wants end game.
BTW +10 Kirkhammer and +9 Tonitrus is a beautiful thing. &#128512;

neoemonk

I fought Ebrietas for six hours straight last night and I still haven't beaten her. I came very close a few times trying to say to the side/behind but the third phase would inevitably kill me.

I took an hour today and fought her again and committed to learning to dodge the charge. I don't think I can dish out enough damage to get through phase three on the side/back and I got a lot better at dodging the charge.

I think I'll beat her tonight. On day four hahaha

myco666

I know, but shards and twin shards fall out of the sky, so it will be safe for him to experiment with weapons to +6. He probably doesn't know what exact 2 weapons he wants end game.
BTW +10 Kirkhammer and +9 Tonitrus is a beautiful thing. &#128512;

Yeah definetily worth upgrading everything to +6 when going in blind.
I really need to go with Kirkhammer build sometime. Strength build that I have switched it to Logarius Wheel almost as fast as possible.

I fought Ebrietas for six hours straight last night and I still haven't beaten her. I came very close a few times trying to say to the side/behind but the third phase would inevitably kill me.

I took an hour today and fought her again and committed to learning to dodge the charge. I don't think I can dish out enough damage to get through phase three on the side/back and I got a lot better at dodging the charge.

What level you are at? You can easily leave her last and she still puts up a good fight.

neoemonk

I'm level 53.

If I was sane I would leave her and come back later, but then again I wouldn't have fought her for six hours straight last night.

I always leave Ebrietas for second to last. If you fight her with anything less than a +10 weapon you're only hurting yourself.
This was the last time I fought her, used a +10 Chikage, I was probably level 97 or something. Shortest Ebrietas fight you're probably ever going to see without cheese or cannon methods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEgl5WnPYfo

neoemonk

I always leave Ebrietas for second to last. If you fight her with anything less than a +10 weapon you're only hurting yourself.
This was the last time I fought her, used a +10 Chikage, I was probably level 97 or something. Shortest Ebrietas fight you're probably ever going to see without cheese or cannon methods:

This is good advice and I should follow it.

I'LL NEVER GIVE UP

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not nearly enough decent blood gems to make both equally strong though. Grrrr... I really don't care for the blood gem system the way it is now.

myco666

Well you sure destroyed her. You could have blown her face up with Evelyn + BMA to make the fight go even faster.

Not nearly enough decent blood gems to make both equally strong though. Grrrr... I really don't care for the blood gem system the way it is now.

Yeah you should get more good gems than 3(?) from the main game. I understand that the +25% ones are locked into Chalices but there should be few more +18% gems not locked behind Chalices. Also Arcane gems being more or less only in Chalices sucks.

Well you sure destroyed her. You could have blown her face up with Evelyn + BMA to make the fight go even faster.
I can only recall using BMA Evelyn on her when I fought her in the chalice dungeon. That version you need to fight legit because she turns around too damn fast. With the fight I posted I was in such a groove that I didn't even bother interrupting it by using the gun.
This is chalice Ebrietas, definitely a more normal strategy was employed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2EgauXdMVA

You can get lucky farming cursed gems (with minor negatives) from Winter Lanterns, but it's not ideal. I hope the DLC distributes weapons and gems in the main game, and not just the new areas.

myco666

I can only recall using BMA Evelyn on her when I fought her in the chalice dungeon. That version you need to fight legit because she turns around too damn fast. With the fight I posted I was in such a groove that I didn't even bother interrupting it by using the gun.
This is chalice Ebrietas, definitely a more normal strategy was employed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2EgauXdMVA

Sheesh looking at that video it just shows how hard that charge is to dodge. The hitbox is way too big. Also what are your stats in this? Your Evelyn damage seems to be rather low with BMA.

You can get lucky farming cursed gems (with minor negatives) from Winter Lanterns, but it's not ideal. I hope the DLC distributes weapons and gems in the main game, and not just the new areas.

Maybe as a form of early Badge on the DLC (Ludwing insignia 2.0?) but revamping the main game I am not sure

Sheesh looking at that video it just shows how hard that charge is to dodge. The hitbox is way too big. Also what are your stats in this? Your Evelyn damage seems to be rather low with BMA.
I have no idea any more. That character was more skill based and I didn't start pumping points into bloodtinge till the NG+ platinum run. Might be like a +6 or something Evelyn may high 30's bloodtinge, I have no idea. Yeah her hitbox is damn huge on that charge, it swear it takes up most of the screen.

myco666

I have no idea any more. That character was more skill based and I didn't start pumping points into bloodtinge till the NG+ platinum run. Might be like a +6 or something Evelyn may high 30's bloodtinge, I have no idea.

Well that explains it. My BT build did 1300 damage with Evelyn + BMA on Ebrietas. High BT makes the main game version really trivial.

I have no idea any more. That character was more skill based and I didn't start pumping points into bloodtinge till the NG+ platinum run. Might be like a +6 or something Evelyn may high 30's bloodtinge, I have no idea. Yeah her hitbox is damn huge on that charge, it swear it takes up most of the screen.

The charge eats like 70% of the zone since her tentacles have huge hitboxes. If you are in the very center regardles of distance say goodbye to 90% of your life or an instant kill if you didnt spend above 40 for vitality.

1660349_o.gif

Top Bottom