• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

I kinda wanted to get all the NPCs, but then I realized when I killed Rom that they all started to becomes beasts, I suppose I can do everything I need before killing Rom?

Basically yes. There are two questlines that you have to be more involved and those are Eileen and Alfred. Others you either tell to go clinic or chapel and there is only one you want to send to clinic and one you need to tell to go to clinic since he will go the opposite place. From there their questlines progress as you go through the game.

For Eileen
- Meet first in the sewers
- Then near the chapel
- Go to Gascoigne boss room for NPC hunter fight where you need to help Eileen
- Go to VA boss room once you beat Rom.

For Alfred
- Meet in the church that leads to Old Yharnam
- Then meet him near the Forbidden Woods entrance
- End of his questline requires you to go Cainhurst and I don't want to spoil it too much for you yet

wiibomb

Basically yes. There are two questlines that you have to be more involved and those are Eileen and Alfred. Others you either tell to go clinic or chapel and there is only one you want to send to clinic and one you need to tell to go to clinic since he will go the opposite place. From there their questlines progress as you go through the game.

For Eileen
- Then near the chapel

For Alfred
- End of his questline requires you to go Cainhurst and I don't want to spoil it too much for you yet

I'll follow what you said, thank you, that is exactly what I needed, I remember I did everything with Alfred except the Cainhurst Castle because I didn't get to that place.

this time it will be different >:)

myco666

I'll follow what you said, thank you, that is exactly what I needed, I remember I did everything with Alfred except the Cainhurst Castle because I didn't get to that place.

I hope those will be helpful. Just ask if you need further info. Also just so that you can check if you are missing someone there are 5 characters you can send to either clinic or chapel.

Manu

At least character sidequests are much easier to follow in this game than in Dark Souls.

Fucking Siegmeyer.

wiibomb

I hope those will be helpful. Just ask if you need further info. Also just so that you can check if you are missing someone there are 5 characters you can send to either clinic or chapel.

thank you, I think I will eventually have doubts, so I will come

At least character sidequests are much easier to follow in this game than in Dark Souls.

Fucking Siegmeyer.

I'm planning to go back to PS3 and play Dark Souls, I fear everything will be an incredible pain, but I want to know something of the dark souls world before entering DS3

myco666

Fucking Siegmeyer.

I feel like his questline is almost impossible to do without a guide. Easily missable events and you can even screw up them.

tariniel

This game is amazing and I don't want it to end. I'm on my first playthrough and just finished
Nightmare of Mensis. Both of the bosses were very easy, but maybe I got some lucky dodges on the Wet Nurse or am over leveled? I think I'm level 85-90ish

A path has unlocked and I see where to go now and I'm sure that it's the end of the game, but I think I'll take a trip to the challice dungeons (which I've never done before) and do some of that before ending the game. I'm also very close to getting all the trophies so maybe it's worth it to back up my save and get all of the ending trophies?

This game is amazing and I don't want it to end. I'm on my first playthrough and just finished
Nightmare of Mensis. Both of the bosses were very easy, but maybe I got some lucky dodges on the Wet Nurse or am over leveled? I think I'm level 85-90ish

A path has unlocked and I see where to go now and I'm sure that it's the end of the game, but I think I'll take a trip to the challice dungeons (which I've never done before) and do some of that before ending the game. I'm also very close to getting all the trophies so maybe it's worth it to back up my save and get all of the ending trophies?
You will likely find the earlier Chalice Dungeons very easy (far too easy) because they don''t scale with level or NG, but get through a few and they soon become challenging.

Wet Nurse is a pretty easy boss imo, so maybe your level is a tad high, but I only had problems with her @ SL4, I think it's an easy (and disappointing imo) boss.

You don't need to back up your saves until you are ready to (and before you)
consume 3 umbilical cords and are ready to fight Gerhman. Speak to him to once without consuming them, and with consuming them speak to him and say 'yes' and speak to him and say 'no'
<---- Spoiler for how to get all 3 endings.

Or you can do 3 different runs to get all endings!

wiibomb

be warned as I didn't, if you finish the game, you will me immediately thrown to New Game+ without a warning and without any other way to return to your previous game

I don't know if you have played any souls game, but that is the deal if you didn't know

(yes, you are near the ending)

You also need to rescue the NPC from the Hypogean Gaol if you didn't, plus that douche bag that's in front of Arianna's door.

The Hunter is the best boss theme of all time. I finished this game a month ago and can't stop thinking about it. I think it may have dethroned Resident Evil 4 as my second favorite game of all time (Zelda on NES will always be my #1).

NinjaBoiX

So I went to the grand chapel after beating Rom and there was an NPC (that looked kind of like Eileen) but they were hostile?

I didn't attack them in case it was her.

Did I do something wrong? I want to complete her quest and get the BoM!

RiggyRob

So I went to the grand chapel after beating Rom and there was an NPC (that looked kind of like Eileen) but they were hostile?

From what I've seen on YouTube Eileen is supposed to be injured outside the steps to Vicar Amelia after you kill Rom, assuming you've done everything else you needed to (I.e. Henryk).

Otherwise it might be you have to kill Eileen to get the BoM, but don't quote me on that cause I don't know for definite.

Manu

Yes, that was her. At this point you can only kill her.

You must've missed helping her kill Henryk on Gascoigne's boss arena.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

You can still get the BoM. Eileen didn't survive the Henryik fight on my save. Just whack her.

tariniel

Yeah this happened to me too, we both missed helping her with Henryk. Just kill her, and you can buy the BoM and her gear from the shop afterwards.

You will likely find the earlier Chalice Dungeons very easy (far too easy) because they don''t scale with level or NG, but get through a few and they soon become challenging.

Wet Nurse is a pretty easy boss imo, so maybe your level is a tad high, but I only had problems with her @ SL4, I think it's an easy (and disappointing imo) boss.

You don't need to back up your saves until you are ready to (and before you)
consume 3 umbilical cords and are ready to fight Gerhman. Speak to him to once without consuming them, and with consuming them speak to him and say 'yes' and speak to him and say 'no'
<---- Spoiler for how to get all 3 endings.

Or you can do 3 different runs to get all endings!

Thanks! I think I will backup and do two of them on my first character, and do the last ending on another new character, as I've wanted to try a different build/weapon setup. I did some reading on the Challice Dungeons on a wiki and it sounds complex. It also looks like there's a ton of work to get one of the trophies in there for platinum. Not sure if I'll end up doing it all, but I'll give it a try.

be warned as I didn't, if you finish the game, you will me immediately thrown to New Game+ without a warning and without any other way to return to your previous game

I don't know if you have played any souls game, but that is the deal if you didn't know

(yes, you are near the ending)

Thanks for the warning! I've played them all, but if I remember right Dark Souls 2 let me pick after I was finished. I'll hold off on completing it until I backup the save.

Sakujou

Banned
51VZjeynQPL.jpg

whats the content?

burgerdog

We don't have any of the stat requirements for the new weapons, right? I kind of wish we knew what the bow needs so I can spend my souls accordingly already.

51VZjeynQPL.jpg

whats the content?

The original game + expansion, as far as we know, which is probably all the content.

We don't have any of the stat requirements for the new weapons, right? I kind of wish we knew what the bow needs so I can spend my souls accordingly already.

I think we had a couple from the TGS videos we got, but aside from that nothing.

(actually wiki says bow is 15 SKL and 9 ARC)

myco666

Oh boy just checked the wiki if there was any info on DLC weapons and we are getting knuckledusters. Now I can punch everything in the face with decent damage.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Stupid question: if I buy the soundtrack on PSN, can I download or copy the sound files on a USB stick to put on my phone, or am I forced to listen to it via the PS4? I mean the latter would be dumb as hell, so I don't think it'd be like that, but you never know with Sony... xD

I honestly think they're more like the advanced Plagas with the damn scythe tendril swinging around.
Yeah true, I just picked the first Google image search result really.

Fucking Siegmeyer.
Fucking Siegmeyer indeed. Impossible to get the slab without a guide, for sure.

myco666

Stupid question: if I buy the soundtrack on PSN, can I download or copy the sound files on a USB stick to put on my phone, or am I forced to listen to it via the PS4? I mean the latter would be dumb as hell, so I don't think it'd be like that, but you never know with Sony... xD

I would assume that is the same that the CE had code for. Atleast that you could download to USB stick and transfer the mp3s to PC.

Fucking Siegmeyer indeed. Impossible to get the slab without a guide, for sure.
So far my worst NPC experience in Souls has been Ostrava so far. Fucking weak shit bag keeps getting rekt by those knights so I can never get the pure clearstone. Dude was getting ganked in a corner, I laughed and screamed internally in unison.

Thanks! I think I will backup and do two of them on my first character, and do the last ending on another new character, as I've wanted to try a different build/weapon setup. I did some reading on the Challice Dungeons on a wiki and it sounds complex. It also looks like there's a ton of work to get one of the trophies in there for platinum. Not sure if I'll end up doing it all, but I'll give it a try.
Personally I found the Chalice Dungeons disappointing and very frustrating. There is a lot of repetition of bosses, enemies, environments. The rewards are crappy (EXCEPT for the amount of blood echoes you get, which starts to get kind of ridiculous in the later dungeons - if you use them to level up you WILL be vastly over-leveled), and the final boss is very disappointing and easy.

Of course it was all worth it for the trophy! :p

So bosses don't scale up?
Do you mean in NG+ ? Everything in the main game scales up in NG+ onwards including bosses, but the Chalice Dungeons are completely separate from your NG cycle and your progress carries over, the dungeons themselves do get harder the deeper/further you go, but they are not affected by NG+.

The Flash

Banned
Do you mean in NG+ ? Everything in the main game scales up in NG+ onwards including bosses, but the Chalice Dungeons are completely separate from your NG cycle and your progress carries over, the dungeons themselves do get harder the deeper/further you go, but they are not affected by NG+.

Just bosses in new game or first game or whatever it's called. Like can I out level a boss in just the regular game or will they jump up a few levels accordingly?

Just bosses in new game or first game or whatever it's called. Like can I out level a boss in just the regular game or will they jump up a few levels accordingly?
No bosses and enemies don't scale within NG.

Say you don't do an optional early boss like Cleric Beast, if you leave it to the end of the game and you're say level 80 with a maxed out weapon, then come back and fight it - you're going to kill it in 3/4 hits.

The Flash

Banned
No bosses and enemies don't scale within NG.

Say you don't do an optional early boss like Cleric Beast, if you leave it to the end of the game and you're say level 80 with a maxed out weapon, then come back and fight it - you're going to kill it in 3/4 hits.

1361358379706393167.GIF

The remaining bosses are screwed.

wiibomb

I finally understood many things of the story after going and checking a video explaining the story of the game..

I could piece many things, but to be honest, many others remained a mystery until now, I'm still learning to read all item descriptions of a souls game to get all pieces of the story puzzle, but this story in bloodborne is really amazing

Wulfegang

I was able to copy it to a USB drive then to my PC. I believe if you start the soundtrack app then hit Options (or go into Options) there should be an.....option....to transfer to USB drive. It's been a while since I've done this so I may have missed a step or something. Just let me know if it doesn't work.

P.S. Not a stupid question at all. I am really happy Sony gave us the option to download them like that.

NinjaBoiX

From what I've seen on YouTube Eileen is supposed to be injured outside the steps to Vicar Amelia after you kill Rom, assuming you've done everything else you needed to (I.e. Henryk).

Otherwise it might be you have to kill Eileen to get the BoM, but don't quote me on that cause I don't know for definite.

Yes, that was her. At this point you can only kill her.

You must've missed helping her kill Henryk on Gascoigne's boss arena.

You can still get the BoM. Eileen didn't survive the Henryik fight on my save. Just whack her.
Annoying, I helped her kill Henryk and spoke to her after the fight, I don't understand why she's hostile now, ungrateful bitch!

Ah well, I'll just kill her.

Might as well have done that in the first place...

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I was able to copy it to a USB drive then to my PC. I believe if you start the soundtrack app then hit Options (or go into Options) there should be an.....option....to transfer to USB drive. It's been a while since I've done this so I may have missed a step or something. Just let me know if it doesn't work.

P.S. Not a stupid question at all. I am really happy Sony gave us the option to download them like that.
Well, I thought it was kind of a silly question because it really should allow you to copy it, it'd be dumb as hell otherwise, but I wanted to be 100% sure. I think I might buy the OST, too bad there's no CD version that I know of, but it's just so fucking good.

Wulfegang

Well, I thought it was kind of a silly question because it really should allow you to copy it, it'd be dumb as hell otherwise, but I wanted to be 100% sure. I think I might buy the OST, too bad there's no CD version that I know of, but it's just so fucking good.

I agree that it is amazing. My friend gets creeped out every time he hears a certain lullaby. I will sometimes play it during my stream if I know he is watching just to mess with him. I would love it if companies could put the soundtracks on the physical copies of games so you could pop them into your PC and just copy the mp3's (or even better flac) files to your computer.

HardRojo

For Eileen
- Then near the chapel

For Alfred

Who's the NPC you have to send to the clinic?
The whore? I don't remember her name. Arianna perhaps?

Wow, when did you turn into suck a dick lol
Lol, just wanted him to get the hint before two weeks from now he's on here like "why didn't this game tell me I needed her for something important?"
Man this first Chalice Dungeon is a cake walk so far. Might have something to do with my level 72 character but I don't know.
Man I'd love to read your reaction after this happens to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA4QSgDtE-M

HardRojo

DO NOT SEND HER TO THE CLINIC I REPEAT DO NOT SEND HER TO THE CLINIC. I usually just send the cannibal in forbidden woods to the clinic.

Oh don't worry. I've finished the game three times already, it's just that I wasn't sure if I had missed something lol. Now I remember why you need her, though you could actually do away with her since you get one leftover :p That funny cannibal guy, I fought him in all of my playthroughs.

Oh don't worry. I've finished the game three times already, it's just that I wasn't sure if I had missed something lol. Now I remember why you need her, though you could actually do away with her since you get one leftover :p That funny cannibal guy, I fought him in all of my playthroughs.
I have never fought the dude. I've always just let Iosefka work her magic on the guy.
Luckily I've managed to avoid that horse shit by killing that wolf through a gate with the threaded cane.

Top Bottom