• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

It's a fun fight too. I'm not so crazy about
Moon presence
, it always seems a scrabble and I've never died to it, but never really got a grasp on what to do, other than dodge and attack!

NinjaBoiX

Rom is really annoying and cheesy. He's not even that difficult in the conventional sense, run to avoid his rain of death, get out of the way of his AoE then just hack away at him.

But his little minions always get in the way, it's infuriating and cheap as fuck.

Shit boss, not impressed at all, especially straight after Shadow of Yarnham that was the best boss so far.

Rom is really annoying and cheesy. He's not even that difficult in the conventional sense, run to avoid his rain of death, get out of the way of his AoE then just hack away at him.

But his little minions always get in the way, it's infuriating and cheap as fuck.

Shit boss, not impressed at all, especially straight after Shadow of Yarnham that was the best boss so far.

You're supposed to kill off all minions each time. She only produces more at phase changes. Of course, you can kill her without killing her minions, which is quicker, but also more dangerous.

In addition, her minions can be killed in one-two hits if struck from behind or after head-diving.

Ferr986

He's the worst boss in the game by far.

The Flash

Banned
Dearest Patches,

I am off to Cainhurst Castle. I do not know when I shall return. Keep our bed warm while I am gone.

Yours forever,

Buttface McGee.

myco666

He's the worst boss in the game by far.

I would say that bosses in Chalices that are just beefed up normal enemies (pigs, brainsuckers etc.) are the worst mostly because they are so boring. From base game Rom or ToR is the worst though but I still like both.

NinjaBoiX

Question:

After you defeat Rom
the world changes. Is everywhere different? Can I still do parts I missed without starting NG+?
Am I near the end?

wiibomb

Question:

After you defeat Rom
the world changes. Is everywhere different? Can I still do parts I missed without starting NG+?
Am I near the end?

I was going to ask something similar, I'm right now at the end of the game, but I don't know if I should hold on, I don't want to go on a NG+ without exploring everything I want from this playthrough

Giever

You are never locked out of anything so no need to go to NG+. You have about 1/3 left.

Though if you hadn't interacted with
Eileen the Crow
at all before Rom
she
disappears completely, afaik. So you might miss out on
the Crow Hunter Badge and the Hunter of Hunters covenant.

myco666

Though if you hadn't interacted with
Eileen the Crow
at all before Rom
she
disappears completely, afaik. So you might miss out on
the Crow Hunter Badge and the Hunter of Hunters covenant.
NPC behaviors changes. Many quests involving them become unavailable.

It didn't even occur to me that most NPC quests get locked out if certain things aren't done before Rom. Can't you still get Alfred quest anyway? And as long as you have talked even once with Eileen you
get the 'bad' ending for her questline

wiibomb

What the fuck???! They sent me back to the begining of the game??? No option? Nothing?? Why?? I want to explore what I got left on my original game, not a NG+!!

rtcn63

Both times I fought Rom (one in the CD), I learned to just ignore the minions and go after him, even if it was incredibly risky. His later phases make it difficult to kill them because of his magic attacks, so it was just easier to maneuver towards him and take pot shots. In fact, that's how I beat a lot of the late-game bosses. Wail on them until they're down to 1/3rd health, then do hit and runs since they'd always have some new crazy attack that could end me in seconds.

myco666

What the fuck???! They sent me back to the begining of the game??? No option? Nothing?? Why?? I want to explore what I got left on my original game, not a NG+!!

No one warned you about that? I understand your frustration if thats the case. Did you choose
submit
?

wiibomb

No one warned you about that? I understand your frustration if thats the case. Did you choose
submit
?

I chose
refuse and battled gerhman
.. won and then the credits rolled, but after that I woke up just there on the clinic, starting all over again.

Seriously I'm so fucking pissed at this, I didn't know about this at all... I missed some areas even and now not only I have to play through the whole game again, but also with the fucking imposible difficulty...

I don't know if I will continue

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
actually, you really needn't fight
gehrman in order to finish the game. making him basically optional as well...
Oh yeah, duh haha.

I chose refuse and battled gerhman.. won and then the credits rolled, but after that I woke up just there on the clinic, starting all over again.

Seriously I'm so fucking pissed at this, I didn't know about this at all... I missed some areas even and now not only I have to play through the whole game again, but also with the fucking imposible difficulty...

Oh come on, that's what NG+ is for, to take on the stuff you missed the first time. It's true that Dark Souls 2 did it best though, by making you pick NG+ manually, but it's not a huge deal.

wiibomb

Oh yeah, duh haha.

Oh come on, that's what NG+ is for, to take on the stuff you missed the first time. It's true that Dark Souls 2 did it best though, by making you pick NG+ manually, but it's not a huge deal.

I wanted to go on a NG+, but not by having to explore every corner, getting all the things in the extended difficulty of the NG+ will be a pain.

This was my GOTY until this, I loved everything in the game until this. I didn't understood many things I wanted to go back and check again

I wanted to go on a NG+, but not by having to explore every corner, getting all the things in the extended difficulty of the NG+ will be a pain.

This was my GOTY until this, I loved everything in the game until this. I didn't understood many things I wanted to go back and check again
Is this your first Souls game? Other than DS2 this is a series staple. At least you know now though! :p

NG+ shouldn't give you too much trouble, you'll be able to get evertyhing.

Melchiah

I chose
refuse and battled gerhman
.. won and then the credits rolled, but after that I woke up just there on the clinic, starting all over again.

NG+ isn't that difficult. I pretty much breezed through it, and I had very little experience of Souls games before BB.

Jedi2016

Makes me glad I'd seen a bunch of videos and read a bunch about the game before I picked it up. I didn't really think about how much the game doesn't tell you until I was talking with someone at work about it, who described how he spent twenty minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the Dream for the first time. He had no idea where he was, kept thinking he was glitched.

The Flash

Banned
Viper%20Pit.jpg
snake_parasite.jpg

going_to_die_indiana_jones.gif

wiibomb

Well, I got over the depression of suddenly starting a New Game+ without warning (I really don't care if it was in previous games, that is a pretty bulshit mechanic) I guess I'll go again over the game... not a fan of going through all again, but I guess I don't have another option.

Makes me glad I'd seen a bunch of videos and read a bunch about the game before I picked it up. I didn't really think about how much the game doesn't tell you until I was talking with someone at work about it, who described how he spent twenty minutes trying to figure out how to get out of the Dream for the first time. He had no idea where he was, kept thinking he was glitched.

I think this is a good game to get started before hand with some starter guides or little tutorial to figure out basic things. At least in my case, I hate to get stuck on things, worse with basic things like that.

This is the perfect description when I found the first one of those

(I got the Resident Evil 4 vibes there)

I love how new comers to this game and thread address Rom as a "He."

Depending on what it was you wanted to do or explore you probably wouldn't have been able to do it post Rom any way. Be on the outlook for those One Third of Umbilical Cords in NG+ as well.

xgre

Neo Member
Can someone help me with
wet nurse
on my first playthrough at the moment and cant seem to find anyone even at worldwide. I'll make the password
deezy
and im right in front of the fog if anyone is willing to help. ty

SoldnerKei

Man, Ebritas is one of my most hated bosses in this game, gotta love how easy this fight turns out with a Chikage build, if anyone wants to see that bastard go down here it is. Missed all the visceral attacks I could get lol, and she just did her charge once, lucky lel. That first stomp thou...

The Flash

Banned
I'm debating whether to complete the rest of the bosses legit or co-op the ones I'll struggle with. I want to complete most of the game before the expansion comes out.

wiibomb

Depending on what it was you wanted to do or explore you probably wouldn't have been able to do it post Rom any way. Be on the outlook for those One Third of Umbilical Cords in NG+ as well.

I mainly wanted to explore those areas that I missed, like
cainhurst castle
now that I know it exists.

By the way, I know the game gave me one of those One Third Umbilical Cords, but since then I haven't been able to find where is it, do anyone know? And specially, what does it do?

I mainly wanted to explore those areas that I missed, like
cainhurst castle
now that I know it exists.

By the way, I know the game gave me one of those One Third Umbilical Cords, but since then I haven't been able to find where is it, do anyone know? And specially, what does it do?
There are four you can find. Where'd you find the one you got?

Needham

The game gave me one after I defeated the wet nurse, isn't that reward always set? After the message I didn't check more

Edit: I think i didn't make myself clear, I cannot find it in my inventory

I don't think they carry forward in to NG+ which is probably why you can't find it in your inventory.

myco666

Well, I got over the depression of suddenly starting a New Game+ without warning (I really don't care if it was in previous games, that is a pretty bulshit mechanic) I guess I'll go again over the game... not a fan of going through all again, but I guess I don't have another option.

Well all the endings are written so that you really cannot continue playing from them. I understand the frustration but I kinda prefer the story handled this way rather than letting you explore after the final boss since that would break the 'immersion'. You could also just start a new character and go for a new build and weapons. Game is rather short so you can blast through it real fast. NG+ isn't hard though aside from the insane health boost for CB.

I really don't understand the spoiler tags, like I legit don't get it...

About what gets locked after Rom? So after you beat her you get locked out of starting NPC questlines and only way to see them is to play NG+ or start over. NPC quests are sending people to Clinic or Chapel, Alfred and also Eileen. You had BoM already though(?) so you have killed Eileen locking that quest out entirely. Alfred is the one who hanged around Oedon Chapel and as long as you talked with him you should be able to continue his quest.

You should go to Central Yharnam lamp now that the moon phase changed.

Haha. Assuming you posted this as soon as you finished, I think we beat the game at around the same time. Crazy.

I'm also very annoyed about it going straight into NG+. I never really explored Nightmare Frontier or the Forbidden Woods. Not properly. I assumed it would have allowed me to choose when I wanted to go again like Dark Souls 2.

I was also saving the Chalice Dungeons for once I finished the game. Now I guess I'll have to go through them the first time on NG+???

It is an excellent game, but I have to admit, this has tainted my love just a little.

myco666

Haha. Assuming you posted this as soon as you finished, I think we beat the game at around the same time. Crazy.

I'm also very annoyed about it going straight into NG+. I never really explored Nightmare Frontier or the Forbidden Woods. Not properly. I assumed it would have allowed me to choose when I wanted to go again like Dark Souls 2.

I was also saving the Chalice Dungeons for once I finished the game. Now I guess I'll have to go through them the first time on NG+???

It is an excellent game, but I have to admit, this has tainted my love just a little.

Chalices don't scale with NG+. Only thing is if you want to get last Chalice dungeon you need to get back to Mensis as I would assume you missed one material from there.

RiggyRob

I really don't understand the spoiler tags, like I legit don't get it...

It's not a massive deal to click and reveal what people are talking about, and if people are going through the game for the first time it's nice not to spoil them even if it's probably something minor and we're on OT4.

I mean, people have openly posted that
Gerhman
is a boss and that's taken some of the effect that initially seeing
he is a boss
would have had on me.

Plus the Souls games storytelling is through discovery and piecing things for yourself together, inadvertently being told what is happening can take the enjoyment away from finding out for yourself.

Ferr986

It didn't even occur to me that most NPC quests get locked out if certain things aren't done before Rom. Can't you still get Alfred quest anyway? And as long as you have talked even once with Eileen you
get the 'bad' ending for her questline

Yeah Alfred can be cleared after that, provided you talked to him in the Cathedral district the first time.

iBlue

Hello guys, I am near the ending and have couple of questions..

1. If I want to get all endings do I have to beat the game 3 times? Or I can just "load" before entering with the final boss?

2. Does Level carry over to NG? I just killed rom and I am currently level 73.

3. I am really looking forward to the dlc but I heard that you can have access to it at a certain point in the story. Should i just hold on til it releases, beat it and then approach the final boss? I really don't feel like doing the whole NG since I am playing many games at the same time..

Hello guys, I am near the ending and have couple of questions..

1. If I want to get all endings do I have to beat the game 3 times? Or I can just "load" before entering with the final boss?

2. Does Level carry over to NG? I just killed rom and I am currently level 73.

3. I am really looking forward to the dlc but I heard that you can have access to it at a certain point in the story. Should i just hold on til it releases, beat it and then approach the final boss? I really don't feel like doing the whole NG since I am playing many games at the same time..
1. You can use PS+ cloud or usb saves to get all 3 endings on the NG cycle. As you will probably have figured the game saves instantly any time you do anything in game, so you can't rely on the game save to get all 3 endings in one cycle, the minute you consume an umbilical cord, it's gone.

2. Level and all non-key items/inventory carry over to NG+.

3. We don't know where the DLC access will be yet. Speculation is Bergenwerth because of some flavour text in the DLC promo, other than that we don't know. It's up to you whether you want to hold off, do the DLC in NG+ or start a new character altogether. I will say given the past Souls games, the DLC is usually aimed at mid-late game character levels, so doing it first in NG+ can add a lot to the difficulty. If that's an issue either hold off and stay in NG or start a new character.

wiibomb

this was exactly how I felt, and yeah my post was around that time I finished the game and realize I was just starting all over again with no other option.

I looove the game, but seriously hate that.

Well all the endings are written so that you really cannot continue playing from them. I understand the frustration but I kinda prefer the story handled this way rather than letting you explore after the final boss since that would break the 'immersion'. You could also just start a new character and go for a new build and weapons. Game is rather short so you can blast through it real fast. NG+ isn't hard though aside from the insane health boost for CB.

I'm not concerned about the endings (they don't seem to be anything of great importance or greatly revealing anything), but I was concerned of visiting several places I missed and even get to level more my character and my weapons, may be going on with the chalice dungeons at my own pace.. but it was all frustrated..

About what gets locked after Rom? So after you beat her you get locked out of starting NPC questlines and only way to see them is to play NG+ or start over. NPC quests are sending people to Clinic or Chapel, Alfred and also Eileen. You had BoM already though(?) so you have killed Eileen locking that quest out entirely. Alfred is the one who hanged around Oedon Chapel and as long as you talked with him you should be able to continue his quest.

You should go to Central Yharnam lamp now that the moon phase changed.

now that I remember, I missed almost every NPC in this game,I got to get the Ariana's blood and the old woman from Yharnam in central ward, even a conversation of Eileen having to kill a supposed old hunter named Henryk, but I haven't got anything more, anyone knows about a guide for those "questlines (I never received any quest or such)"

myco666

I'm not concerned about the endings (they don't seem to be anything of great importance or greatly revealing anything), but I was concerned of visiting several places I missed and even get to level more my character and my weapons, may be going on with the chalice dungeons at my own pace.. but it was all frustrated..

I was more responding to why they throw you into NG+ when you beat the game. Or atleast why I think they do it. I understand it is frustrating when you were planning to stay at end game and explore, level up etc.

now that I remember, I missed almost every NPC in this game,I got to get the Ariana's blood and the old woman from Yharnam in central ward, even a conversation of Eileen having to kill a supposed old hunter named Henryk, but I haven't got anything more, anyone knows about a guide for those "questlines (I never received any quest or such)"

You don't really receive quests in this game. You just meet up with NPCs talk to them and find them again making their storyline progress. I haven't really seen any guides for them but just explore and find everyone.

wiibomb

You don't really receive quests in this game. You just meet up with NPCs talk to them and find them again making their storyline progress. I haven't really seen any guides for them but just explore and find everyone.

I kinda wanted to get all the NPCs, but then I realized when I killed Rom that they all started to becomes beasts, I suppose I can do everything I need before killing Rom?

Top Bottom