• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

wiibomb

Yes. And you can just go around the building with the three hunters. Although at this point, Paarl will be a cakewalk because of your levels. (I beat him post-Rom)

He might still be there actually, I've never dealt with Paarl that late to be honest. I usually just deal with those hunters by separating them. First guy with his back turned, back stab, run, see if you can draw out the rest if they lose track of you they'll go back to the starting positions, run back, back stab him again and he should be dead. I usually run back out and fight them or one of them at the door where the lantern is, sometimes you can hit him through a wall there and even if you die you can still retrieve your echoes. Third one can be fought where he is in that bigger room, just manage the distance and make sure you're not too far away to get the cannon attack.

thank you, I think I'll go soon there, I don't like missing content on a game, and even less with such an awesome game as this.

Surprised at how many people are doing "useless" root chalices like first Hintertomb or Central Ptumeru at lvl 120 range.

this reminded me I haven't done a single chalice dungeon.. I wanted to hold out on exploring that part of the game until I finish it, is thar ok or should I be exploring these now?

thank you, I think I'll go soon there, I don't like missing content on a game, and even less with such an awesome game as this.

this reminded me I haven't done a single chalice dungeon.. I wanted to hold out on exploring that part of the game until I finish it, is thar ok or should I be exploring these now?
You'll coast through the first couple till most likely lower Pthumeru depending on your level.

Needham

You should probably play them as you play through the game if you intend to play them at all. I did them all at once at the end of the game and it was pretty much the worst. They're repetitive and boring and there are so many of them.

RiggyRob

Yeah, do the Chalice Dungeons as early as you can. I still think they should've just made them straight up boss rushes, they're the only worthwhile part of the Chalice Dungeons anyway.

Ferr986

Yeah, do the Chalice Dungeons as early as you can. I still think they should've just made them straight up boss rushes, they're the only worthwhile part of the Chalice Dungeons anyway.

Depth 5 are fun and a nice challenge.
Its just that they are too much unnecesary tiers, so when you reach the fun dungeons you are already tired of running them.

IrishNinja

Blood Starved Beast of Ailing Loran down! this one's not hard to visceral but i just used fire paper and kept enough antidotes on hand...phew, some close calls though

he dropped a lower loran chalice, will i be needing to go there? guide i read said after this area it's defiled & the finale. i'm on depth 3 looking for bastards of loran, once i find them am i done here?

wiibomb

is there a common ground for what is weak to fire and bolt? I mean, I heard from the game that beasts are weak to fire, but other than this I don't know

RiggyRob

is there a common ground for what is weak to fire and bolt? I mean, I heard from the game that beasts are weak to fire, but other than this I don't know

Beasts are weak to fire, extraterrestrials/kin are weak to bolt IIRC - if you don't know what I mean by extraterrestrials, just consider 'eldritch horrors' to be the same thing and it should be fairly clear.

IrishNinja

he dropped a lower loran chalice, will i be needing to go there? guide i read said after this area it's defiled & the finale. i'm on depth 3 looking for bastards of loran, once i find them am i done here?

lemme know guys! looking to tie up these chalice dungeons before DLC drops

wiibomb

Beasts are weak to fire, extraterrestrials/kin are weak to bolt IIRC - if you don't know what I mean by extraterrestrials, just consider 'eldritch horrors' to be the same thing and it should be fairly clear.

I think the Kin in general are weak to bolt, although some are weak to fire as well.

thanks, but these snake creatures in what category fall? or the creatures from
Yahar'gul
? the ones with lots of human parts making the body

silva1991

thanks, but these snake creatures in what category fall? or the creatures from
Yahar'gul
? the ones with lots of human parts making the body

I don't think they belong to any specific in game type of monsters just like the pigs.

the ones in
Yahar'gul
are very weak to molotov though.

wiibomb

I don't think they belong to any specific in game type of monsters just like the pigs.

the ones in
Yahar'gul
are very weak to molotov though.

thank you.. I almost used all my bolt paper killing
The One Reborn
and really didn't knew if it was weak to it

in the end I discovered a method to kill it without any paper lol

NinjaBoiX

The Forbidden Woods is so sprawling! One of my favourite areas so far. Tricky though, loads of traps and ambushes.
It happens sometimes. she is one of my all time favorite souls boss fights
I went in with help, just hacked away at her from behind, felt kind of uneventful. I don't think any of the bosses in Bloodborne have been all that great so far to be honest. Cleric had a cool entrance but was kind of meh and easy to cheese, Gascoigne was basically just an NPC with a cool hat, BSB was nowhere near as hard or intimidating as I'd been made to believe and Amelia was basically a non event. The Witch of Hemwick is probably the only one that sticks out so far purely for the novelty factor.

Manus and Artorias are my favorite bosses from the Souls series.

silva1991

The Forbidden Woods is so sprawling! One of my favourite areas so far. Tricky though, loads of traps and ambushes.

I went in with help, just hacked away at her from behind, felt kind of uneventful. I don't think any of the bosses in Bloodborne have been all that great so far to be honest. Cleric had a cool entrance but was kind of meh and easy to cheese, Gascoigne was basically just an NPC with a cool hat, BSB was nowhere near as hard or intimidating as I'd been made to believe and Amelia was basically a non event. The Witch of Hemwick is probably the only one that sticks out so far purely for the novelty factor.

Manus and Artorias are my favorite bosses from the Souls series.

Manus and Artorias are easily in my top 10 all time favorite. Father G is cool and unique because he transforms to a beast.

did you
play his daughter's music boss while fighting him
? it's one of the coolest touches in the souls games imo.

wiibomb

right now I'm in
Mensis Nightmare
and I'm making progress (I've been pretty lost storywise since I defeated
The One Reborn
), but this place is... hard.. really hard

myco666

right now I'm in
Mensis Nightmare
and I'm making progress (I've been pretty lost storywise since I defeated
The One Reborn
), but this place is... hard.. really hard

Well it should be hard since it is
the last area
. Beginning is rather hard but once you get inside the castle it is much more manageable. I really love that area and think it is the best area in the game.

NinjaBoiX

What's with all the spoiler tags in here? I get tagging locations of items or specific instructions for bosses and stuff but every mention of a name or location? Seems a bit much. I ain't tagging every second word, sorry!

I really couldn't care less about spoilers personally but I guess it's cool that you guys are being super cautious for those that do.
Manus and Artorias are easily in my top 10 all time favorite. Father G is cool and unique because he transforms to a beast.

did you
play his daughter's music boss while fighting him
? it's one of the coolest touches in the souls games imo.
Yeah, that was a cool little touch.

But I dunno, the combat is more challenging in general but I found the bosses underwhelming and far too easy to be honest.

Cleric - 2 attempts
Gascoigne - 2 attempts
BSB - first try
Amelia - first try (with help)
Witch of Hemwick - first try

Based on previous experience it's unusual to be cakewalking bosses like this!

Arjen

What's with all the spoiler tags in here? I get tagging locations of items or specific instructions for bosses and stuff but every mention of a name or location? Seems a bit much. I ain't tagging every second word, sorry!

I really couldn't care less about spoilers personally but I guess it's cool that you guys are being super cautious for those that do.

Yeah, that was a cool little touch.

But I dunno, the combat is more challenging in general but I found the bosses underwhelming and far too easy to be honest.

Cleric - 2 attempts
Gascoigne - 2 attempts
BSB - first try
Amelia - first try (with help)
Witch of Hemwick - first try

Based on previous experience it's unusual to be cakewalking bosses like this!

Main game bosses are pretty easy. Chalice dungeons has some real challenges though.

Currently in layer 3 of the Defiled Chalice in NG+. Didn't get the living string on my first playthrough so the last chalice dungeon will have to wait until I get that.

Ferr986

There's something that has been bothering me since release.... The brightess setting, I just can't make the beast dissapear lol Same with Dark Souls 2 SOTFS.

I swear I have my TV calibrated (used one of those sites that has images to guide you) yet the only way to make the beast dissapear is to crush blacks (like turning my PS4 to full range while my TV is on Limited).

Jedi2016

There's something that has been bothering me since release.... The brightess setting, I just can't make the beast dissapear lol Same with Dark Souls 2 SOTFS.

I swear I have my TV calibrated (used one of those sites that has images to guide you) yet the only way to make the beast dissapear is to crush blacks (like turning my PS4 to full range while my TV is on Limited).
I wonder if that adjustment was designed for people with limited-range TVs. I wasn't able to get rid of it, either, I ended up just leave it at the default setting. The game looks great as-is.

NinjaBoiX

What level are you Ninj?

xOqkpB3.jpg

I can't imagine I'm over levelled, I haven't been grinding at all and I've lost plenty of echoes!

I'm rocking a +6 Threaded Cane and Tonitrus and a +5 Blunderbuss.

You should stop levelling your blunderbuss since you're not putting any points into BT at all, and instead focus on getting another weapon, if only for the sake of variation.

edit: Doing a pure strength character now for the first time and am absolutely loving the Kirkhammer.

NinjaBoiX

You should stop levelling your blunderbuss since you're not putting any points into BT at all, and instead focus on getting another weapon, if only for the sake of variation.

edit: Doing a pure strength character now for the first time and am absolutely loving the Kirkhammer.
Yeah, I realised after levelling it that it was basically a waste of time as I only use it for parrying. Ah well, I have plenty of shards so it's no biggie.

I'm going to get and upgrade the Blades of Mercy after I complete Eileen's quest line. The Threaded Cane, Blades of Mercy and Tonitrus should be a trifecta of death!

(Kind of wish I went with a strength build having seen how much the Tonitrus favours strength. I always go for a dex build in souls games, reckon I'm going to go strength for Dark Souls 3, I always feel I'm at a disadvantage with dex builds!)

I'm doing a STR run too atm and I love the Kirkhammer except for the transformed running attack which is a really weak push. Other than that it's a fun weapon and I'm not a STR weapon fan generally speaking.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I realised after levelling it that it was basically a waste of time as I only use it for parrying. Ah well, I have plenty of shards so it's no biggie.

I'm going to get and upgrade the Blades of Mercy after I complete Eileen's quest line. The Threaded Cane, Blades of Mercy and Tonitrus should be a trifecta of death!

(Kind of wish I went with a strength build having seen how much the Tonitrus favours strength. I always go for a dex build in souls games, reckon I'm going to go strength for Dark Souls 3, I always feel I'm at a disadvantage with dex builds!)

Blades of Mercy are awesome.

I'm in a bit of a bind: I have them, the Chikage and the Evelyn. Originally, I was intending to boost Bloodtinge (which I have at 20 at the moment) but I'm finding the BoMs much more fun. Not sure whether to just up Skill to 50 instead, but I hear transformed Chikage hits really heavy at 50. Maybe, instead of 30/50 Skill/Bloodtinge, I might go the other way around... I dunno.

Prodigal

Banned
Looking for a coop buddy for the last few areas of the game. I stopped playing months ago (since I checked myself into rehab :x) and haven't picked the game back up but it's been eating at me and I want to finish! I believe I just got to the final nightmare area with 3 bosses left, but I'm sure I'm gonna suck for a little bit until I remember how to play. Add me on PSN if you feel like helping a bro out; my tag is ArcticGroove.

silva1991

I'm doing a STR run too atm and I love the Kirkhammer except for the transformed running attack which is a really weak push. Other than that it's a fun weapon and I'm not a STR weapon fan generally speaking.

Try running attack with R2? I don't remember how it looks, but i'm sure it's not a push.

Ferr986

Blades of Mercy are awesome.

I'm in a bit of a bind: I have them, the Chikage and the Evelyn. Originally, I was intending to boost Bloodtinge (which I have at 20 at the moment) but I'm finding the BoMs much more fun. Not sure whether to just up Skill to 50 instead, but I hear transformed Chikage hits really heavy at 50. Maybe, instead of 30/50 Skill/Bloodtinge, I might go the other way around... I dunno.

With 50 SK/30 BT you may as well use untransformed Chikage or BoMs, I would say it's useless to level up BT at all if you're not going close to 50. You need around 50 BT to make the most out of transformed Chikage.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What's the zone order to finish the game without fighting any optional bosses?
There are two optional bosses where you need to find at least one of them. Either
Cleric Beast, which unlocks the Emblem in the messenger bath store, or Blood-Starved Beast, to unlock the path towards Amelia
. For simplicity I picked the first option since it's easier and lets you skip all of Old Yharnam:

Cleric Beast (Central Yharnam)
Father Gascoigne (Oedon Tomb)
Vicar Amelia (Grand Cathedral, buy 10K Emblem from bath to unlock door leading to her)
Shadows of Yharnam (Forbidden Woods)
Rom (Byrgenwerth)
The One Reborn (Yaharg'ul)
Micolash, Host of the Nightmare (Nightmare of Mensis)
Mergo's Wet Nurse (Nightmare of Mensis)
Gehrman (Hunter's Dream)

In NG+, you can buy the emblem right away, so you can totally skip Cleric Beast.

There are two optional bosses where you need to find at least one of them. Either
Cleric Beast, which unlocks the Emblem in the messenger bath store, or Blood-Starved Beast, to unlock the path towards Amelia
. For simplicity I picked the first option since it's easier and lets you skip all of Old Yharnam:

Cleric Beast (Central Yharnam)
Father Gascoigne (Oedon Tomb)
Vicar Amelia (Grand Cathedral, buy 10K Emblem from bath to unlock door leading to her)
Shadows of Yharnam (Forbidden Woods)
Rom (Byrgenwerth)
The One Reborn (Yaharg'ul)
Micolash, Host of the Nightmare (Nightmare of Mensis)
Mergo's Wet Nurse (Nightmare of Mensis)
Gehrman (Hunter's Dream)

In NG+, you can buy the emblem right away, so you can totally skip Cleric Beast.

actually, you really needn't fight
gehrman in order to finish the game. making him basically optional as well...

Top Bottom