• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Arjen

The first NG+ greatly increases the difficulty. Subsequent NG's only increase it a bit.

I'm not sure how it is in Bloodborne, but in Dark Souls is: NG+ = 40% tougher. NG++ and beyond = 8% for each NG cycle.

And I think in Dark Souls it capped at NG+7

silva1991

ha! I used the shortcut to
One Reborn
... the one with the midway elevator entrance and a ritual to teleport, it lets you skip almost everything, and since the multiple head thing was wrecking me hard, I couldn't be more glad I found that shortcut

Yup. that's the one. the multiple head guys that shoots at you from far are the worst. they are so accurate and their range is incredible.

Drencrom

Goddamnit, the Abhorrent Beast in the Ailing Loran Chalice is down right sadistic to take down in close combat. The sidesweeps always gets me and its impossbile to parry it's attacks on top of it, I really don't know how to take him on without getting trading hits.

Any tips?

Goddamnit, the Abhorrent Beast in the Ailing Loran Chalice is down right sadistic to take down in close combat. The sidesweeps always gets me and its impossbile to parry it's attacks on top of it, I really don't know how to take him on without getting trading hits.

Any tips?

poison knives and run like a girl.

tariniel

Considering starting a second character, as I don't know if I really want to do NG+ or not yet.

Is skill / bloodtinge a good way to go? My first character was primarily STR using the Holy Sword, and at the very end I went to 15 arcane so I could use the shell to buff the weapon. This time though I'm thinking I might try to use some other skill weapons and use the gun more for damage than just parries. I'd prefer to use a weapon that I can still buff with Fire/Bolt paper though.

Also, are there any weapons where using the transform as a combo is effective and fun? When I was using holy sword I never used it during a combo, and would just run away to change the weapon, and go back in. I mean like.. R1 R1 L1 R1... something where you transform as part of doing damage.

Drencrom

poison knives and run like a girl.

Is that it? lol

I really must say that Abhorrent Beast is definitely one of the trickiest close combat bosses in the souls series, his moveset is just crazy and vicious. Those side-sweeps and tornado-uppercuts just complete screw me over, maybe I just have to level a bit (lvl 93)?

myco666

I think it's unique to that one. 1 hit is enough iirc.

Yes 1 hit is enough to poison him.

Considering starting a second character, as I don't know if I really want to do NG+ or not yet.

Is skill / bloodtinge a good way to go? My first character was primarily STR using the Holy Sword, and at the very end I went to 15 arcane so I could use the shell to buff the weapon. This time though I'm thinking I might try to use some other skill weapons and use the gun more for damage than just parries. I'd prefer to use a weapon that I can still buff with Fire/Bolt paper though.

Skill/Bloodtinge with 25/50 distribution is really OP build with Chikage +10 and Repeating Pistol +9. No need for buffs with that setup aside from BMA.

Is that it? lol

I really must say that Abhorrent Beast is definitely one of the trickiest close combat bosses in the souls series, his moveset is just crazy and vicious. Those side-sweeps and tornado-uppercuts just complete screw me over, maybe I just have to level a bit (lvl 93)?

Yes that's it if you don't mind if you cheese it. I was unable to beat him in a proper fight. My reflexes are shot (I'm 49 now!) and the usual trick of dodging past an enemy for 1 hit behind and dodging away didn't work on that bastid. He's just too relentless for me.

wiibomb

tariniel

Yes 1 hit is enough to poison him.

Skill/Bloodtinge with 25/50 distribution is really OP build with Chikage +10 and Repeating Pistol +9. No need for buffs with that setup aside from BMA.

Awesome, I think I'll give that a shot. What would you recommend using until I can get the Chikage? Maybe the Threaded Cane, since it has some skill scaling? Also from looking at the wiki the Rifle Spear may be good also, as it has both skill and bloodtinge scaling.

Awesome, I think I'll give that a shot. What would you recommend using until I can get the Chikage? Maybe the Threaded Cane, since it has some skill scaling?

or you can get the blades of mercy right at the start if you don't mind killing the crow lady and farming the echoes to buy them.

Manu

Umm...did anyone else not encounter this anus worm monster in the CDs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnxcwaWz50o

I saw about an hour ago about that monster in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwtT8xZ9boY

it is the rarest monster in the game, appearing only there and it doesn't even show in the guide bestiary, it is totally unknown and seems a lot of people visit that chalice dungeon just for checking this monster

Weird.

Well, in one of my chalices I found what looked like a Phtumerian, but he was completely white and non hostile. Even when I attacked him he didn't attack back.

I wish I had gotten it on video. I didn't record it because I thought it was a regular enemy in the dungeons. I never found it again.

myco666

Awesome, I think I'll give that a shot. What would you recommend using until I can get the Chikage? Maybe the Threaded Cane, since it has some skill scaling? Also from looking at the wiki the Rifle Spear may be good also, as it has both skill and bloodtinge scaling.

You can use pretty much anything you like before getting the Chikage assuming you will get it as soon as possible. Threaded Cane is probably best choice. Rifle Spear isn't really that good BT weapon since the shot doesn't do almost any damage IIRC.

or you can get the blades of mercy right at the start if you don't mind killing the crow lady and farming the echoes to buy them.

Considering he/she is changing to Chikage it wouldn't be that smart to go through the trouble of getting BoM early.

rtcn63

Guys having a problem (minor end-game spoiler)
I dropped the giant brain in the Nightmare, went to the abyss where it should be and there's nothing. Wandered around for a while too.

Fhtagn

I dropped the giant brain in the Nightmare, went to the abyss where it should be and there's nothing. Wandered around for a while too.

I had trouble with this as well. What I did was
walk in straight lines away from the elevator dropping guidance stones (coins?) until I had mapped out the space and eventually ran into it. It's not right up against the wall so it's possible to spend a lot of time down there and not see it.

Just got to Byrgenwerth on my new playthrough, Should I stop here so it will be ready when the expansion drops or do I need to progress more anyone know?

wiibomb

Just got to Byrgenwerth on my new playthrough, Should I stop here so it will be ready when the expansion drops or do I need to progress more anyone know?
That place is a point of no return when you get inside and trigger a certain event, if you want to progress with the NPCs, go and talk to them or find them on a guide since the game will block some things if you go on

That place is a point of no return when you get inside and trigger a certain event, if you want to progress with the NPCs, go and talk to them or find them on a guide since the game will block some things if you go on

No worries I already got plat a long time ago just wanna set up for Old Hunters, and not sure if this is the exact spot I gotta be

wiibomb

No worries I already got plat a long time ago just wanna set up for Old Hunters, and not sure if this is the exact spot I gotta be

may be.. we all really don't know where the DLC will even take place since that info hasn't been out, but Guess you could leave it there until the expansion arrives

I've only done this twice, but both times I just walked in a straight line facing forward walking out of the cage and it was there. I think the cage door faces that way on purpose.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Umm...did anyone else not encounter this anus worm monster in the CDs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnxcwaWz50o

Whoah, so that thing made it in... haha.

First creature that comes to mind:
2011-02-21-11-15-30-6-the-star-nosed-moles-nose-can-play-many-roles-l.jpeg

Hydrus

WTF is that!! ^^^

Anyways, I reeeeeally want buy this again and replay it. So how much do you think the price of this will be around black Friday? It's currently 40 at most places. So does $20 seem realistic? Especially from Best buy? would love to use GCU on it.

WTF is that!! ^^^

Anyways, I reeeeeally want buy this again and replay it. So how much do you think the price of this will be around black Friday? It's currently 40 at most places. So does $20 seem realistic? Especially from Best buy? would love to use GCU on it.
Might want to wait for the edition that includes the DLC.

wiibomb

Guys, I heard that if I don't accept Adella's blood treatment, after rom Arianna will get killed, and obviously I don't want that, the thing is that I have Arianna's blood from last playthrough, so I can accept either blood treatment, but if I use Arianna's blood, I can risk her life...

My goodness.. this game, what can I do? I don't think I can discard the item

Ah, I see. So the edition that comes with the dlc disc comes out dec. 3. I hope its not gonna cost full price.

I think it was going to cost $50, but don't quote me on it.

Shengar

Any tips on defeating Nightmare Frontier's Amygdala? It keeps spamming OHKO high jump attack on me during its third phase -_-

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I was really enjoying the Chalice Dungeons. Then I came up against Rom the Vacuous Spider. I hated this boss fight in the main game, it's even worse now. A ridiculously small room full of spiders that can kill me with two strikes.

Go fuck yourself, game.
Yeah I hate that fight. I found the normal Rom to be piss easy, never been an issue for me, but much as I find Rom easy, I find chalice Rom to be really hard. My usual strategy was always to ignore the small spiders completely and zig-zag around, whack her a few times (avoid the AOE or heal it up right away if I do get hit) until teleporting, and repeat. But this doesn't work in the chalice dungeon, too risky, not enough room to zig zag between the spiders, etc. Very annoying.

Any tips on defeating Nightmare Frontier's Amygdala? It keeps spamming OHKO high jump attack on me during its third phase -_-
When it jumps, stop moving. Seriously. Don't roll or run. Just don't move. It'll miss 95% of the time, possibly 100%. I say 95% for those moments where you might have already queued rolls or movements right as it jumped, but I'm pretty sure it always misses if you don't move.

Nightmare Frontier Amy is really easy though. If you want to curse Amy forever, try the
Defiled Chalice version hahahaha good luck :(

Might want to wait for the edition that includes the DLC.

Ah, I see. So the edition that comes with the dlc disc comes out dec. 3. I hope its not gonna cost full price.

NA isn't receiving a physical version of Bloodborne with the DLC included. We are getting a Complete Edition for $50 on PSN though, which you can pre-order now.

It's possible SCEA could publish a complete package next year with everything on the disc, but nothing's been announced.

RiggyRob

Ok, so I met Queen Annalise yesterday and swore an oath to the Vilebloods (fuck you Iosefka and your Healing Church!), picked up the Old Summons but I didn't see Alfred anywhere in Cainhurst Castle.

I went and splattered Rom, and that's when shit really hit the fan. Had to kill Eileen since the stupid bitch never showed up outside Cathedral Ward or Tomb of Oedon for me, the nun's cackling like crazy, and I'm flying through Yahar'gul dodging bullshit regenerating enemies and exploding laser shooting aliens trying to find out where the crying baby is who seems to be everywhere while teleporting through baths.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

When it jumps just stand still, don't try to dodge, instead charge up an R2 attack and smack it in the head as it will always be close enough when it lands.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
She never showed up! I made sure to stop before Rom and look for her but nope, nowhere to be found. I guess there must be a hidden cut-off point, probably before Shadow of Yarnham.
Yeah I hear you, I had that problem in NG+ (in NG she died at Oedon Tomb :(). I think entering Forbidden Woods is the cut-off point, she just disappears from the game until re-appearing in Grand Cathedral post-Rom.

It's not her fault though, it's just the game being buggy or something :(

Melchiah

Guys, I heard that if I don't accept Adella's blood treatment, after rom Arianna will get killed, and obviously I don't want that, the thing is that I have Arianna's blood from last playthrough, so I can accept either blood treatment, but if I use Arianna's blood, I can risk her life...

My goodness.. this game, what can I do? I don't think I can discard the item.

I always send the nun to the clinic. It's the right choice for her kind, the persecuters of the Vilebloods.

EDIT:
She never showed up! I made sure to stop before Rom and look for her but nope, nowhere to be found. I guess there must be a hidden cut-off point, probably before Shadow of Yarnham.

You have to meet Eileen in the Cathedral Ward before
Paarl.

Shengar

When it jumps, stop moving. Seriously. Don't roll or run. Just don't move. It'll miss 95% of the time, possibly 100%. I say 95% for those moments where you might have already queued rolls or movements right as it jumped, but I'm pretty sure it always misses if you don't move.

Nightmare Frontier Amy is really easy though. If you want to curse Amy forever, try the
Defiled Chalice version hahahaha good luck :(

When it jumps just stand still, don't try to dodge, instead charge up an R2 attack and smack it in the head as it will always be close enough when it lands.

I don't know the solution would be that simple! Thank you.

Also, I kinda stopped playing after 2 weeks, right before Rom since I heard there are many missable after you defeat it. What's most important things to do before defeating it? And, does further access to Hypogean Gaol only opened after Rom? I search every crook an cranny there but couldn't find any further area.

Yeah I hate that fight. I found the normal Rom to be piss easy, never been an issue for me, but much as I find Rom easy, I find chalice Rom to be really hard. My usual strategy was always to ignore the small spiders completely and zig-zag around, whack her a few times (avoid the AOE or heal it up right away if I do get hit) until teleporting, and repeat. But this doesn't work in the chalice dungeon, too risky, not enough room to zig zag between the spiders, etc. Very annoying.

Beat it on my first go last night after reading myco666's advice on here. Hide behind the pillars when Rom starts shooting. You won't get hit. Take out the spiders gradually and it really is quite easy.

Thanks, myco.

I don't know the solution would be that simple! Thank you.

Also, I kinda stopped playing after 2 weeks, right before Rom since I heard there are many missable after you defeat it. What's most important things to do before defeating it? And, does further access to Hypogean Gaol only opened after Rom? I search every crook an cranny there but couldn't find any further area.
Hypogean Gaol is part of a larger area that does indeed open up after defeating Rom.

I think the things you have to do before Rom are mainly NPC quests, Eileen is the one that springs to mind and some of the NPC you bring to the Cathedral can't be rescued post-Rom.

Top Bottom