• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

How can I back up my save so I can get the 3 endings in just one playthrough? ( I want those trophies!)
PSN Cloud save (just be sure to disable automatic saving) or USB stick save.

After you get one trophy, pull the old save off the Cloud/USB and do the next way. Rinse and repeat for third.

Melchiah

I was able to copy it to a USB drive then to my PC. I believe if you start the soundtrack app then hit Options (or go into Options) there should be an.....option....to transfer to USB drive. It's been a while since I've done this so I may have missed a step or something. Just let me know if it doesn't work.

P.S. Not a stupid question at all. I am really happy Sony gave us the option to download them like that.

IIRC, the free Infamous: Second Son OST on NA PSN store is an exception. You can only listen to it via the app.

Ordered the Bloodborne guide on Sunday and just got it a few minutes ago. Good lord this thing is insane. Over 500 pages long. Any of you guys own this?

myco666

Ordered the Bloodborne guide on Sunday and just got it a few minutes ago. Good lord this thing is insane. Over 500 pages long. Any of you guys own this?

It is glorious. I ordererd it immediately it was avaible. Still haven't read it at all though haha. Just skimmed through it when it came in the mail.

Melchiah

Yeah, I felt compelled to order it after platinuming the game. It's a really nice book, and I love the bestiary, I just wish it had more lore in it.

wiibomb

I thinking of getting that guide too, but I wonder just how much content would it have..

I wanted to use it to know about interesting insights about details I missed in the game, like the insight point effects on the world or the different story details I might have missed along the game

Deku Tree

Are people able to successfully pre-order Old Hunters DLC on the US PSN store?

I tried numerous times on different computers with different browsers and I always get an error message...

rje

I tried numerous times on different computers with different browsers and I always get an error message...

I ordered it via the web with no issues - used paypal instead of a CC if that makes any difference

I ordered it via my PS4 with no issues. I had to use a pre-paid PSN card from Amazon though, as Sony won't accept my debit card (even though they used to).

RiggyRob

I thinking of getting that guide too, but I wonder just how much content would it have..

I wanted to use it to know about interesting insights about details I missed in the game, like the insight point effects on the world or the different story details I might have missed along the game

Amazon recently sent me an email about the Bloodborne Collector's Edition Strategy Guide since its £8, but I figured that it won't have any of the expansion stuff in it.

Do strategy guides get rereleased for DLC expansions, maybe for the GOTY edition of the game?

wiibomb

Amazon recently sent me an email about the Bloodborne Collector's Edition Strategy Guide since its £8, but I figured that it won't have any of the expansion stuff in it.

Do strategy guides get rereleased for DLC expansions, maybe for the GOTY edition of the game?

I seriously doubt it, there was a "complete guide" for dark souls 1 that I think contains the DLC data, but that was only in Japan and didn't release anywhere else, I believe

I actually used it a couple of times, but not nearly as much as I should given the cost of that thing.

But the beautiful PS4 theme that comes with it was totally worth the purchase. Best theme by far. Haven't been using any other theme since then.

Deku Tree

I ordered it via the web with no issues - used paypal instead of a CC if that makes any difference

I ordered it via my PS4 with no issues. I had to use a pre-paid PSN card from Amazon though, as Sony won't accept my debit card (even though they used to).

Yeah I still can't order it either from web browser or from my PS4... I can't even find it listed on my PS4 despite extensive searching...

wiibomb

I actually used it a couple of times, but not nearly as much as I should given the cost of that thing.

But the beautiful PS4 theme that comes with it was totally worth the purchase. Best theme by far. Haven't been using any other theme since then.

the cost? did you payed the $35? well, I payed 25 (just bough it), and I still find it nice at $35 with the amount of info in it

and I didn't know there was a theme included

RiggyRob

I seriously doubt it, there was a "complete guide" for dark souls 1 that I think contains the DLC data, but that was only in Japan and didn't release anywhere else, I believe

Ah well, I'll consider holding off as the price is apparently still dropping (~£7) now, it's probably worth it even if there isn't as much lore as you'd expect.

In other news, I finally dealt with Darkbeast Paarl (took like 14 hits) and the Abandoned Old Workshop (Tearstone and Third Umbilical Cord get!), made my way to the top of Cainhurst Castle and brutalised Martyr Logarius (honestly he wasn't much harder than Paarl), looking fancy as fuck with the Crown of Illusions but I haven't made my way through the obvious illusory wall in front of the lamp.

Which reminds me - how many illusory walls are there in the game, and do you have to wear the Crown the whole time to be able to walk through them?

the cost? did you payed the $35? well, I payed 25 (just bough it), and I still find it nice at $35 with the amount of info in it

and I didn't know there was a theme included

Yep, a dynamic theme and a digital copy of the guide.

I really hope Future Press is working on a Dark Souls III book.

wiibomb

Ah well, I'll consider holding off as the price is apparently still dropping (~£7) now, it's probably worth it even if there isn't as much lore as you'd expect.

In other news, I finally dealt with Darkbeast Paarl (took like 14 hits) and the Abandoned Old Workshop (Tearstone and Third Umbilical Cord get!), made my way to the top of Cainhurst Castle and brutalised Martyr Logarius (honestly he wasn't much harder than Paarl), looking fancy as fuck with the Crown of Illusions but I haven't made my way through the obvious illusory wall in front of the lamp.

Which reminds me - how many illusory walls are there in the game, and do you have to wear the Crown the whole time to be able to walk through them?

I left yesterday by the old workshop, now to check this place I never got to in New Game

Yep, a dynamic theme and a digital copy of the guide.

I really hope Future Press is working on a Dark Souls III book.

well, they release the guide for all souls games except Demon's Souls (there was never a guide for this one), so I would believe DS3 would a guide from them too.

they made the guide for MGSV too, and that thing is really amazing, so I expect the same level of detail for the BB guide

I left yesterday by the old workshop, now to check this place I never got to in New Game

well, they release the guide for all souls games except Demon's Souls (there was never a guide for this one), so I would believe DS3 would a guide from them too.

they made the guide for MGSV too, and that thing is really amazing, so I expect the same level of detail for the BB guide

I thought that was Piggyback?

The Flash

Banned
About to fight Shadow of Yharnam. Wish me luck.

Edit:

Prey Slaughtered |
blackKidDancing.gif
First Attempt |
blackKidDancing.gif

NinjaBoiX

I think I'm going to take a break from this game for a while. It's great, I can just feel fatigue setting in. I'll come back with fresh eyes in a month or so and finish up.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll be back!
About to fight Shadow of Yharnam. Wish me luck.

Edit:

Prey Slaughtered |
blackKidDancing.gif
First Attempt |
blackKidDancing.gif
Class boss fight, my favourite in the game.

(Took me two attempts).

BYnRAMB.jpg

wiibomb

Anyone knows why there are so many burial messengers near the doll in the abandoned old worshop? There is nothing to die there as far as I could see

I thought that was Piggyback?

Oh! I just took a look, yeah, very sorry, it is from Piggyback, may be I got them confused for the same company since both were back ha ha.

CrisysCoreBR

Neo Member
Just added my data in the gaf worksheet.
I started playing at the weekend but did not go very far and only managed to pass to the second checkpoint with the help of a random hunter. I'm finding things much harder here than in Demons/Dark Souls. I'm using the Cane and only found out now that its not meant to be used by beginners, but a intend to keep it and see what happens.
If anyone would like to play, just add me.

wiibomb

Just added my data in the gaf worksheet.
I started playing at the weekend but did not go very far and only managed to pass to the second checkpoint with the help of a random hunter. I'm finding things much harder here than in Demons/Dark Souls. I'm using the Cane and only found out now that its not meant to be used by beginners, but a intend to keep it and see what happens.
If anyone would like to play, just add me.

Well, I passed the game with the threaded cane as my main weapon and this was my first souls game. It is a wonderful weapon, but I feel every weapon has its own potential, I mained some through my different areas to check how I could handle them and they are not that difficult.

What I heard is that for Souls veterans there are some extra work to do since this game is more aimed towards the offensive and to attack first if you can, the other souls games were more focused on defensive plays first. Besides that the buttons for sifferent things changed with bloodborne, making things a little more difficult.

All in all you will get the hang of it with enough time, I suffered too the first 2 bosses, then I got the hang of the game pretty well

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone knows why there are so many burial messengers near the doll in the abandoned old worshop? There is nothing to die there as far as I could see.

People are dying by using weapons that drain your HP in transformed mode (Chikage, Logarius' Wheel).

I think dying there and leaving all those pools of blood is some sort of twisted in-game ritual to celebrate the Doll. Most people do a gesture right before they die, so their "greeting" to the Doll is visible in the replay.

Some of those greetings, though... There's a reason this game isn't rated PG13.

myco666

You get digital guide with the CE guide which is supposed to get updates when patches change stuff etc. Or atleast I remember this being the case.

In the main game there isn't any illusory walls. There are few in Chalice Dungeons though.

Melchiah

You get digital guide with the CE guide which is supposed to get updates when patches change stuff etc. Or atleast I remember this being the case.

In the main game there isn't any illusory walls. There are few in Chalice Dungeons though.

Wurt?! I don't remember there being a digital guide included with my copy.

I was really enjoying the Chalice Dungeons. Then I came up against Rom the Vacuous Spider. I hated this boss fight in the main game, it's even worse now. A ridiculously small room full of spiders that can kill me with two strikes.

Go fuck yourself, game.

myco666

Wurt?! I don't remember there being a digital guide included with my copy.

Just found out it was only for US copies of the guide. EU version only has code for the theme so no digital guide for me then... BOOO!

I was really enjoying the Chalice Dungeons. Then I came up against Rom the Vacuous Spider. I hated this boss fight in the main game, it's even worse now. A ridiculously small room full of spiders that can kill me with two strikes.

Go fuck yourself, game.

I thought that was easier since you could use the pillars to 'block' all the shards dropping down and keep killing the spiders.

Just found out it was only for US copies of the guide. EU version only has code for the theme so no digital guide for me then... BOOO!

I thought that was easier since you could use the pillars to 'block' all the shards dropping down and keep killing the spiders.

Oh can you? I'll give that a try tonight then.

Thanks.

silva1991

Someone mentioned that shortcuts are are obvious in this game and I was agreeing.

but now i remembered the first shortcut in
frontier nightmare(not the one that leads to amygdala)
. that shortcut is brilliant and less obvious than any shortcut I remember in DaS1.

there is also the shortcut that let's you skip 99% of the area to get to
One Reborn
. i've seen many people missing this one even in their second playthroughs.

Melchiah

Damn. I'd really like to have the updated digital guide with DLC contents. Europe getting shafted again. US copies cost less, and give you more. And it's risky to order anything above 22€ outside of EU, as you might have to pay customs.

myco666

Damn. I'd really like to have the updated digital guide with DLC contents. Europe getting shafted again. US copies cost less, and give you more. And it's risky to order anything above 22€ outside of EU, as you might have to pay customs.

Well at the moment the EU version seems to be cheaper (around 8£ on Amazon.co.uk) but yeah still lame. If you want you could probably buy the digital guide from here. Wikidot and Fextralife sites will be updated almost instantly when the digital guide is though so no real need to pay for it unless you want to support Future Press and From. You don't actually need to pay customs if it's over 22€. You have to only pay VAT for the order if goes over the 22€ limit meaning you would have to pay something like 5-6€ more for it.

ugh, can't believe i'm in the final chalice dungeon being stopped by this pneumo whatever descendant guy

i'm trying to practice the timing to stun him but i only seem to catch him when he dashes towards me...these spinny 3/4 hit comobos that tag like every angle are such bullshit

*edit fuck logged in as roommate, ah well

Melchiah

Well at the moment the EU version seems to be cheaper (around 8£ on Amazon.co.uk) but yeah still lame. If you want you could probably buy the digital guide from here. Wikidot and Fextralife sites will be updated almost instantly when the digital guide is though so no real need to pay for it unless you want to support Future Press and From. You don't actually need to pay customs if it's over 22€. You have to only pay VAT for the order if goes over the 22€ limit meaning you would have to pay something like 5-6€ more for it.

Thanks for the info. My father, who buys vintage car manuals from US, also mentioned that you don't have to pay customs for literature.

RiggyRob

The US version of the Collector's Edition guide on Amazon.com comes to ~£22 including shipping to the UK compared to ~£7 + $10 for the original paper guide and the digital guide.

£7 for a 500+ page guide is still pretty good, but you can also play the Amazon UK price limbo game a la Codename Steam.

Ferr986

ugh, can't believe i'm in the final chalice dungeon being stopped by this pneumo whatever descendant guy

i'm trying to practice the timing to stun him but i only seem to catch him when he dashes towards me...these spinny 3/4 hit comobos that tag like every angle are such bullshit

*edit fuck logged in as roommate, ah well

That fucker took me more tries that the next 2 bosses.

myco666

The US version of the Collector's Edition guide on Amazon.com comes to ~£22 including shipping to the UK compared to ~£7 + $10 for the original paper guide and the digital guide.

£7 for a 500+ page guide is still pretty good, but you can also play the Amazon UK price limbo game a la Codename Steam.

That amazon.co.uk price is a freaking steal. Wasn't it around £30 when it came out?

wiibomb

Someone mentioned that shortcuts are are obvious in this game and I was agreeing.

but now i remembered the first shortcut in
frontier nightmare(not the one that leads to amygdala)
. that shortcut is brilliant and less obvious than any shortcut I remember in DaS1.

there is also the shortcut that let's you skip 99% of the area to get to
One Reborn
. i've seen many people missing this one even in their second playthroughs.

ha! I used the shortcut to
One Reborn
... the one with the midway elevator entrance and a ritual to teleport, it lets you skip almost everything, and since the multiple head thing was wrecking me hard, I couldn't be more glad I found that shortcut

One Reborn
... the one with the midway elevator entrance and a ritual to teleport, it lets you skip almost everything, and since the multiple head thing was wrecking me hard, I couldn't be more glad I found that shortcut

Where was the elevator? I teleported, but the elevator was never there, and I couldn't find it in the "real" (?) world.

Glad it only took a few attempts at that boss, otherwise I'd have got sick and tired making that run over and over.

wiibomb

Where was the elevator? I teleported, but the elevator was never there, and I couldn't find it in the "real" (?) world.

Glad it only took a few attempts at that boss, otherwise I'd have got sick and tired making that run over and over.

after the first lamp in Yahar'gul (it even has that name), you use the elevator at your right, instead of going to the stair with all the hostile Yharnamites and the cthulhu monster (the big one that grabs you with its hands) you go right, where a wheelchair man is waiting you, in the entrance to the building there is an elevator to go down, in the way going down, check for the entrance in front, you should enter it pretty easily if you see it.

of course, for the elevator to work you must first have to unlock it to use it, the only way to do it is going further in that area until you find it

after the first lamp in Yahar'gul (it even has that name), you use the elevator at your right, instead of going to the stair with all the hostile Yharnamites and the cthulhu monster (the big one that grabs you with its hands) you go right, where a wheelchair man is waiting you, in the entrance to the building there is an elevator to go down, in the way going down, check for the entrance in front, you should enter it pretty easily if you see it.

of course, for the elevator to work you must first have to unlock it to use it, the only way to do it is going further in that area until you find it

Got ya, cheers. Will have to try remember this for my next play through.

wiibomb

by the way, everytime a New Game+ is started, the game gets tougher than before? or is its just once it increased the difficulty? I wonder if by the 4th or 5th New Game+ the game basically becomes impossible

Manu

by the way, everytime a New Game+ is started, the game gets tougher than before? or is its just once it increased the difficulty? I wonder if by the 4th or 5th New Game+ the game basically becomes impossible

The first NG+ greatly increases the difficulty. Subsequent NG's only increase it a bit.

I'm not sure how it is in Bloodborne, but in Dark Souls is: NG+ = 40% tougher. NG++ and beyond = 8% for each NG cycle.

myco666

The RRP is £20/€30, so if you paid £30 for it you got ripped off.

Still funny to see the price dropping even if it's only dropped by 5p since 12pm.

Just checked and I paid 27€ for it. That's probably why I remembered it being £30 since I usually by that kind stuff from amazon uk. It is a good discount still. I guess there isn't that big of a market for English strategy guide in Europe so it drops rather fast or they printed way too many of them.

Ferr986

One Reborn

In my first playthough I used the shortcut without even knowing it was a shortcut lol... I didn't even know about the regular route until my 2nd run.

Top Bottom