• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

wiibomb

I always send the nun to the clinic. It's the right choice for her kind, the persecuters of the Vilebloods.

both of the nun and the whore are in cathedral ward now, no changing that, but I still don't know what to do with that Ariann'as blood from last playthrough, if I consume it do I risk Arianna's life?

The Flash

Banned
both of the nun and the whore are in cathedral ward now, no changing that, but I still don't know what to do with that Ariann'as blood from last playthrough, if I consume it do I risk Arianna's life?

Just don't do it more than three times and you'll be fine

Melchiah

Can't you just kill the nun in the chapel?

wiibomb

She doesn't though since you should only be taking her blood since it is the best blood.

well, yeah, but not everyone knows that, and since I could potentially get Arianna's blood first then Adella's blood is blocked, then she just kills arianna lol

Some new patch and Old Hunters tidbits

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1135520

Canebros?

I couldn't be more exited.. but I think I'll hold a little and try to at least get to Cainhurst Castk and may be finish this NG+

because she blocks the path to a One Third Umbilical cord?

and because it represents the worst in extreme religious people
I never really used any of their blood so it never became an issue for me.
Some new patch and Old Hunters tidbits

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1135520

Canebros?
Pimp cane intensifies. Does this drop your character level as well or would I be able to curb stomp an NG Cleric Beast with a level 122 character in co op?

pixxxelz

Dumb question, what boss I have to beat to be able to buy bone marrow ash? I haven't played this game in months and I just started a new bloodtinge character.

Finalow

smh at this thread

no one excited for the best FromSoftware, Inc. historical weapon finally being put in the game with the dlc. maybe not much of a surprise if you think about it but still

myco666

well, yeah, but not everyone knows that, and since I could potentially get Arianna's blood first then Adella's blood is blocked, then she just kills arianna lol

You can just use Ariannas blood and take Adellas and she won't kill Arianna. Unless you've taken bunch of Ariannas blood already.

Dumb question, what boss I have to beat to be able to buy bone marrow ash? I haven't played this game in months and I just started a new bloodtinge character.

You need to get Radiant Sword Hunter Badge for it. It is in Healing Church Workshop.

edit.
smh at this thread

no one excited for the best FromSoftware, Inc. historical weapon finally being put in the game with the dlc. maybe not much of a surprise if you think about it but still

Much more excited for the knuckledusters and basically any other weapon that isn't MLGS. It just seems to be LHB with different scaling and maybe a buff.

Ophelion

As with all Souls games, I bought this game day one and then took my dear sweet time beating the game. Just slaughtered the Moon Presence for the first time last night. Aced him on my first try. Feels good, man. Feels real, real good.

Was super eager to get my hands on the Burial Blade in NG+ aaaaaaaaaand....I kind of don't like it. Disappointing. Ah, well. My honor is restored. I can once again hold my head high and say I've cleared all Souls games. I'm ready now for DLC and Dark Souls 3. Just in time.

Ophelion

Burial Blade really depends on your stats. If you're not a skill focused character it's not worth the investment.

Yeah, my first guy was an all-rounder while I tried out everything the game had to offer. So, It's pretty weak compared to some weapons I already have.

I also kind of don't like its moveset, but that might just be because its unfamiliar, making me to some degree less effective with it. Though it might also be because Gherman is like ten times faster with the same weapon, making me feel clumsy and ineffectual by comparison.

wiibomb

actually I like a lot the burial blade, but I haven't been able to output the same damage than I inflict with my threaded cane, I think I have about 32 of skill, but I don't really know what to upgrade to make it better

actually I like a lot the burial blade, but I haven't been able to output the same damage than I inflict with my threaded cane, I think I have about 32 of skill, but I don't really know what to upgrade to make it better
You might also want to take into consideration that you might also have stronger gems on the cane, plus it's probably at a higher level.

wiibomb

You might also want to take into consideration that you might also have stronger gems on the cane, plus it's probably at a higher level.

yup, I think that's right, I have slightly better gems on my threaded case, but just a single more upgrade than then BB.

and now that I remember, I think the scaling helped me a lot when I put about 3 levels into the Arcane stat

NPC co-op buddies seems like a weird addition. I can't think of any fights where it would be helpful at all, and I like to summon NPCs to fights in DkS1. Any additions are fine, I mean it's optional, so I'm not bitching about it, just seems like a strange thing now.

And does the patch fix the frame pacing yet?
troll_icons_2_28891_7697_thumb.png

Ophelion

and now that I remember, I think the scaling helped me a lot when I put about 3 levels into the Arcane stat

That's what I was going to ask about. I've been boosting Arcane in NG+ to use more magic and noticed Burial Blade's damage was advancing a fair pace by stacking Arcane, so if you get Skill and Arcane up, maybe Burial Blade will eventually outpace the cane?

wiibomb

That's what I was going to ask about. I've been boosting Arcane in NG+ to use more magic and noticed Burial Blade's damage was advancing a fair pace by stacking Arcane, so if you get Skill and Arcane up, maybe Burial Blade will eventually outpace the cane?

I saw that it was fairly possible, it even outpaces Ludwig's Holy Blade, which was a kind of king among damage output weapons

tariniel

I did all 3 endings last night using the PSN cloud save thing.

Final boss:
The Moon Presence felt like a really cheesy boss. Take you to 1 HP and disable the ability to heal just feels really lame and not fun at all, I downed him in about 4 tries but I was frustrated with that mechanic more than anything else I encountered in the entire game. Gerhman was great though, damn that old man can move.

That said, I feel like the story in Bloodborne is the strongest of any of the souls games. I very much enjoyed it. It's also really the first one that just creeped me out. Several areas and bosses made me feel uneasy, whereas the other souls games didn't really do that.

wiibomb

I did all 3 endings last night using the PSN cloud save thing.

Final boss:
The Moon Presence felt like a really cheesy boss. Take you to 1 HP and disable the ability to heal just feels really lame and not fun at all, I downed him in about 4 tries but I was frustrated with that mechanic more than anything else I encountered in the entire game. Gerhman was great though, damn that old man can move.

That said, I feel like the story in Bloodborne is the strongest of any of the souls games. I very much enjoyed it. It's also really the first one that just creeped me out. Several areas and bosses made me feel uneasy, whereas the other souls games didn't really do that.

I haven't played any of the other souls games (will play Dark Souls later), but I felt that uneasiness in a lot of places of this game, for example in the dark house of central yharnam, I knew something was going to startle me (and it did)

Ophelion

They really did a good job of finally crossing the line from Dark Fantasy into full on Horror RPG.

Because I can never say it enough, that shrieking sound that beasts make is completely blood curdling. The whole "lining your mind with eyes" phrase will likely haunt my imagination for quite some time too. It gets you several times on a kneejerk terror level and it gets you over time with fridge horror and dread too.

It's honestly a much better horror game than a lot of games that actually boast about being a horror game.

They really did a good job of finally crossing the line from Dark Fantasy into full on Horror RPG.

Because I can never say it enough, that shrieking sound that beasts make is completely blood curdling. The whole "lining your mind with eyes" phrase will likely haunt my imagination for quite some time too. It gets you several times on a kneejerk terror level and it gets you over time with fridge horror and dread too.

It's honestly a much better horror game than a lot of games that actually boast about being a horror game.

Completely agreed. In fact, I'll go further and say it's the best horror game I've ever played.

yup, I think that's right, I have slightly better gems on my threaded case, but just a single more upgrade than then BB.

Sounds like doing a Skill/Arcane character is actually viable then? But I wanted to do Str/Arc to be able to use the Tonitrus for once.

wiibomb

Is there going to be a new OT for Old Hunters?

There should be, and if so, I might need to hurry to cainhurst castle to get into the hype train of the OT

Sounds like doing a Skill/Arcane character is actually viable then? But I wanted to do Str/Arc to be able to use the Tonitrus for once.

that would be then helpful for having both weapons since that combination would scale both

Completely agreed. In fact, I'll go further and say it's the best horror game I've ever played.

I would still tackle RE4 there, but yeah, one of the bests horrors

that would be then helpful for having both weapons since that combination would scale both
Only problem is that I whenever I start a game I start with a class with the highest skill because I always start with the cane and I have no idea what the base str stat is for the Tonitrus.

Ophelion

I've been such a huge Horror buff for so long, I don't know what I could say is definitively the best horror game I've ever played. Bloodborne would definitely be in the top ten though. It's clawing for the top spot with absolute masterpieces of the genre that are in it for horror and horror alone. The fact that Bloodborne is also a masterful game from a mechanics standpoint and not just in terms of spooks might "objectively" make it better than things like, say, Silent Hill 2. That gets really hard to quantify though.

RiggyRob

Bloodborne is easily my favourite horror game, mainly because I fucking hate survival horror games and there aren't actually that many games that mix Lovecraftian horror and RPG elements.

Ophelion

Bloodborne is easily my favourite horror game, mainly because I fucking hate survival horror games and there aren't actually that many games that mix Lovecraftian horror and RPG elements.

Yeah, your only other valid options for trips to Lovecraft Country are pretty much Eternal Darkness and Dark Corners of the Earth. Even then, your milage may vary on those games. Everything else is pretty shit.

Bloodborne is definitely the best Call of Cthulhu game of all time, easily. Even if Frenzy is absolutely the most infuriating insanity mechanic I've ever suffered.

Finalow

Much more excited for the knuckledusters and basically any other weapon that isn't MLGS. It just seems to be LHB with different scaling and maybe a buff.
we don't know yet but I really doubt it has the same "small sword inside big sword" trick as LHB, I have faith in the fact that they took their time to think about how to make the weapon interesting for this game, especially considering that it's the MLGS and not any random weapon.

I just don't like the fact that it's going to be an arcane weapon (possibly S in scaling) and I have no character with an arcane build. might as well start a new one for the dlc

myco666

we don't know yet but I really doubt it has the same "small sword inside big sword" trick as LHB, I have faith in the fact that they took their time to think about how to make the weapon interesting for this game, especially considering that it's the MLGS and not any random weapon.

I just don't like the fact that it's going to be an arcane weapon (possibly S in scaling) and I have no character with an arcane build. might as well start a new one for the dlc

I really hope thats the case but it really seems to be something like what saw spear is to saw cleaver. It even looks like LHB. It most likely is S scaling since LHB is already A. I have 4 or 5 characters at the end game atm but I still will start new character since I want to save all upgrade materials for new weapons.

I can vouch for the Burial Blade being fantastic with Skill and Arcane. I started pumping points into ARC in NG+, so it really came into its own quickly. I love the moveset too, but some hitboxes on the scythe form are a little janky I feel. Maybe it's just me though.

Skii

I haven't played Bloodborne for almost 3 months now but I'm looking to pick it up again. Want to get my platinum before the DLC drops.

I think I've just started Defiled Chalice level 2 (with the Defiled Watchdog). I was told to get some HP runestones but I forgot where to get them. That's mainly why I dropped it. Wasn't bothered doing NG+ with the story so fresh in my mind. Now I don't mind going back and jogging my memory for the DLC.

I haven't played Bloodborne for almost 3 months now but I'm looking to pick it up again. Want to get my platinum before the DLC drops.

I think I've just started Defiled Chalice level 2 (with the Defiled Watchdog). I was told to get some HP runestones but I forgot where to get them. That's mainly why I dropped it. Wasn't bothered doing NG+ with the story so fresh in my mind. Now I don't mind going back and jogging my memory for the DLC.
You don't need them as long as you have 50 vit points and play smartly. I think I did most of it if not all of it wearing the Cainhurst Armor.

Skii

You don't need them as long as you have 50 vit points and play smartly. I think I did most of it if not all of it wearing the Cainhurst Armor.

I'm going to be understandably rusty. Thought finding them in the main story would help me refamiliarise myself before I face the chalices again.

RiggyRob

My god, The One Reborn is disgusting. Surprisingly easy once you've dealt with the Bell Maidens though. Do the Bell Maidens come back in Yahar'gul once you've dealt with the boss? Cause I really want to investigate what the whole glowing bodies in a bath thing is (and Yahar'gul in general) and you don't get a chance to when enemies are respawning all around you.

I also managed to meet a freaky man-spider in the Lecture Hall 2nd Floor who said we're friends now, I assume this is Patches? Does he do anything else apart from give you the Stamina+15% rune?

Is Alfred still around to do stuff with or did splattering Rom put that on hold?

Finally, in terms of story progression, is Nightmare Frontier before or after Nightmare of Mensis? I want to finish up looking around all the optional and non-critical story paths before moving on so I don't miss anything.

myco666

My god, The One Reborn is disgusting. Surprisingly easy once you've dealt with the Bell Maidens though. Do the Bell Maidens come back in Yahar'gul once you've dealt with the boss? Cause I really want to investigate what the whole glowing bodies in a bath thing is (and Yahar'gul in general) and you don't get a chance to when enemies are respawning all around you.

I also managed to meet a freaky man-spider in the Lecture Hall 2nd Floor who said we're friends now, I assume this is Patches? Does he do anything else apart from give you the Stamina+15% rune?

Is Alfred still around to do stuff with or did splattering Rom put that on hold?

Finally, in terms of story progression, is Nightmare Frontier before or after Nightmare of Mensis? I want to finish up looking around all the optional and non-critical story paths before moving on so I don't miss anything.

Do Nightmare Frontier first since it is optional. As for Yahar'gul the Bell Maidens still spawn so if you want to explore you need to find and kill them everytime.

Patches is a friend and he will help you at Nightmare Frontier.

Alfred should be around near the Forbidden Woods enterance as long as you have talked to him atleast once. Not sure if the second encounter is mandatory.

wiibomb

I was so so sooo angry at that fucking thing, just because it took me a lot of tries to realize there were stairs to kill the maidens, , after that I was hitting myself against a wall because of how easy it was and how much it took me to realize.

about the respawning enemies, I don't know if you noticed, but they respawn because there is a bell maiden around (you shoul deb able to hear her near where the enemy respawns) if you kill her, they will stop respawning. they also have a lot more health with the maiden alive

Patches is a friend and he will help you at Nightmare Frontier.

ha ha... hahahaha

Ophelion

Oh yeah, Patches is a total bro.
..right up until the point he finds an opportunity to boot your ass down a hole somewhere.

Top Bottom