• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

RexNovis

Banned
Having a hard time downing Ebrietas. Just failed my 12th attempt. Would really appreciate an assist. I'm at lvl 102 chilling in front of the boss door with the GAF coop password active.

Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Beat Martyr Logarius (with help, thank you kind cooperator). Dont think I could of done it otherwise. The other boss I beat with coop was Blood Starved Beast, I think I could of done that alone. But Martyr just destroyed me. I think at best I got him down to his last third of health.

Having a hard time downing Ebrietas. Just failed my 12th attempt. Would really appreciate an assist. I'm at lvl 102 chilling in front of the boss door with the GAF coop password active.

Damn if I wasn't babysitting I would help out... So let's see what tips I can give. Have high stamina and bait her head slam. When she is about to do her laser attack lock on yo her head and dodge until all three volleys have gone.
Also what weapon are you using?

Logarius is gonna be the death of me.

I nearly one-shot Ebietras before that fucking laser attack killed me immediately, and I've done worse ever since.

RexNovis

Banned
Damn if I wasn't babysitting I would help out... So let's see what tips I can give. Have high stamina and bait her head slam. When she is about to do her laser attack lock on yo her head and dodge until all three volleys have gone.
Also what weapon are you using?

I'm using the holy sword with the heavy thrust attack. Tried using mercy blades with beast pelleted but that went rather poorly. It's the damn frenzy that keeps killing me.

Rozart

OH MY GOD...I DID IT! First try
for today anyway :p
! Goodbye and good riddance,
Ebrietas
!

I'm so happy! Thanks to all the gaffers for the tips. You guys really helped me out. Special mention to Blinck because I just pretty much R2-ed her to death as well.

T6q0LL4.gif

kOTbGfX.gif

I'm using the holy sword with the heavy thrust attack. Tried using mercy blades with beast pelleted but that went rather poorly. It's the damn frenzy that keeps killing me.

Make sure seditives are on your quick select menu (right selection of the touchpad) so you are not fighting with the dpad to use it. Have bolt paper on your item selection, I had my Ludwig at +8 when I beat her. Having seditives at quick select saved my life.

I'm not really 'getting' the Chalice Dungeons. I've completed Pthumeru (sp?) down through Lower and moved on to Hintertomb hoping that the scenery would at least change per main chalice. It's been fun to play yes, but mostly because I wanted to see what would come next after doing endless shuffled versions of one dungeon in Pthumeru. I don't really understand the design choice I suppose.

Not looking for spoilers/details, but does this ever change with the other story chalices?

RexNovis

Banned
Make sure seditives are on your quick select menu (right selection of the touchpad) so you are not fighting with the dpad to use it. Have bolt paper on your item selection, I had my Ludwig at +8 when I beat her. Having seditives at quick select saved my life.

Been using empty phantasm shell since my arcane is at 25. Only have a few bolt papers. Is empty phantasm shell inaffective against him?

Um, is Grahamn suppose to always be in the Hunter's Dream?

Because he rarely is.

In fact, I haven't seen him for awhile.
So I went to go see if he was there. I'm currently up to but haven't defeated One Reborn yet.

Anyway, he's not there. Not visible.

BUT WAIT... i slowly walk over where his char usually is.

And it says "Talk" - weird, he's not there.
So I select "Talk." And his voice plays, sounds like he's sleeping, mumbles about Laurance.

Is.. he suppose to be invisible? Have I been missing him since Rom?

odd

You should see him napping in his wheelchair if he's mumbling like that. Sounds like a bug

Rozart

I would help you out but I'm not within your level range as well.

Here are some tips I got that really helped me out:

In the last thread someone posted a video of themselves doing the fight at SL4 and it showed the best way I've seen to avoid those. Can't find the exact video but here's the method from another: https://youtu.be/aKwQEBOgZdE?t=234
My strategy was to be really aggressive, even in the last phase.
When she gets her limbs up this means she will be doing the missiles, so just roll and keep rolling. For me, the time of constantly smashing O always made me avoid the missiles.
After the missiles, just get near her again. If you hit her enough, specially with a charged attack, she will eventually stagger and then you can do a ridiculous amount of damage by hitting her in the head.
I also think she is weaker to thrust attacks, so I used my sword and pretty much just R2'ed her to death.
I kept close to her at all times, because her charge attack is an insta kill if she hits you directly, and it's really hard to dodge. Also if you keep close at the start, she will start jumping around but ths is a good opportunity to get some free hits as she is landing
Those beams are extremely easy to dodge. You can either sprint in a circular fashion to avoid them or you can side dash away from them. I've even seen people just walk whilst locked on to dodge it.

The Ludwig Blade's thrust attacks are extremely effective, especially if you're able to charge it up and hit her head when she's down. I basically just went ham with it. She's a nightmare but you can do it. All the best!

Just beat the game
with true ending

Fuck. Yes.

Beat Moon Presence first try with few blood vials as well, not that it was a tough fight

RexNovis

Banned
The only bosses I have struggled with in this game (3+ deaths) are Father G because I was still trying to learn riposte timing and Ebrietas who has now killed me for the 17th damn time. Why the fuck is this boss so damn hard for me?!?

The only bosses I have struggled with in this game (3+ deaths) are Father G because I was still trying to learn riposte timing and Ebrietas who has now killed me for the 17th damn time. Why the fuck is this boss so damn hard for me?!?
Because camera and hitboxes don't play well with her.

You can do it!

Whoever helped me beat Ebrietas, you fucking rock. Such a pro player. He let him self be killed though when Ebrietas only had a few hits left.

Curufinwe

Im about that level but am in NG+ and only up to Old Yarnham. Can I still co-op that fight? don't really know how it works.

RexNovis

Banned
Whoohooo! Yes finally!

SdPUImG.jpg

I would help you out but I'm not within your level range as well.

Here are some tips I got that really helped me out:

The Ludwig Blade's thrust attacks are extremely effective, especially if you're able to charge it up and hit her head when she's down. I basically just went ham with it. She's a nightmare but you can do it. All the best!

Use bolt paper, for some odd reason for me the arcane power up doesn't seem as effective as the bolt paper

Thank you! I had been staying up close and trying to flank her this whole time. The hang back and bait method on the video made it SO much easier. Cheers for the tips everyone! :D

Whoohooo! Yes finally!

SdPUImG.jpg

Thank you! I had been staying up close and trying to flank her this whole time. The hang back and bait method on the video + bolt paper instead of empty phantasm made it SO much easier. Cheers for the tips everyone! :D

Awesome mate! Glad you were able to do it.

Yep just wish it hadn't been on the 19 th attempt haha

Oh well shouganai. Dead is dead (≧∇≦)

I think she is the hardest boss in the game not counting the chalice, so everything else should be easy. Of course if you haven't done the
nightmare
area then that can be hard due to invasions.

I am almost to the end of the game
Gehrman fight unlocked
, and i missed
Eileen the Crow
Is it too late to find her, or do i have to start over to get the
crow hunter badge

Top Bottom