• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

BumRush

Logarius is gonna be the death of me.

I nearly one-shot Ebietras before that fucking laser attack killed me immediately, and I've done worse ever since.

If you play your cards right, no laser. If you can visceral her head when she's at 1/3 health, she won't get a chance.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Took me a month but I finally found the time to beat the (main) game.

Barely touched the Chalice stuff, I think I need to play something a little less stressful for a bit.

Zakkath

Hes stupid easy to parry. Just stay close, bait his attacks, and molest his face. Only took me 3 tries. Abbhorent beast is the one I couldn't beat without cheesing. I felt dirty, but poison knives were the only thing I could do to kill him.

Sure... The timing is incredibly hard to get with such a narrow window and the boss's speed.

Holy fuck guys,
house's on fire
. I realized I missed the Upper Cathedral Ward area completely, so I'm off to do that prior to finishing my hunt. Hope I can do it tonight.

DrkSage

Finally got the platinum!

and I pressed share when the plat trophy appeared and now the preview photo for it is the share button menu .-.

Toxi

Banned
Defiled Watchdog
down, on to the next layer of hell. The fight became manageable when I learned
you can break the head.

RexNovis

Banned
I think she is the hardest boss in the game not counting the chalice, so everything else should be easy. Of course if you haven't done the
nightmare
area then that can be hard due to invasions.

Good to know. Nightmare Frontier gave me a bit of trouble but nothing too bad so I should be five for the rest of the game

Congrats :) Its always a great feeling killing a boss thats been giving you trouble!

Yes. Yes it is *(^o^)/*

wait, are there really new loading screens?

anyone have some pictures?

jl6z1qejaofvmpoqjptp_zpsmfkb7qvc.png

Nothing too special. Just shows all the in-game item descriptions.

Keihart

Having a hard time downing Ebrietas. Just failed my 12th attempt. Would really appreciate an assist. I'm at lvl 102 chilling in front of the boss door with the GAF coop password active.

Pretty please with a cherry on top!

My tactic was:
hitting her in the head for like 2+something k puts her on viceral attack mode.
She flinchs before charging at you, so be on the look out for that, star moving left or right on that moment and roll when the head is about to crush you.
No lock on(i used some for a brief moment to not miss some hits)
Also, after the viceral attack, before her "ape shit stage", she would kneel with her head down, hit her with all you got, i used electric paper.
And a little luck i guess :p

My victory, no vials , no damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17RyhP_ejhw "Senpai Ebrietas notice me...you only notice Rom. "

Yep just wish it hadn't been on the 19 th attempt haha

Oh well shouganai. Dead is dead (≧∇≦)

I nearly snapped and broke my controller last night after failing for what seemed like the 20th time against NG+ Ebrietas. Somehow, I managed kill it and did some fist pumps in the air after cursing it out. I've been stubborn and decided not to use any of the echoes I've earned once I reached level 100, so I've been carrying around 1.6 million echoes which adds a lot of tension.
Martyr Logarious
was a huge pain in the ass, too.

sn00zer

I think Ill start a new build/game once the DLC is released

EDIT: Also pretty proud I beat the game almost entirely blind....very bummed though i missed some areas I cant go back and find now that im looking up stuff

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I've just read that the 'hard' cap for strength and skill is 50, but I've got them both on 60. Have I wasted 20 levels because both strength and skill registered increases AFTER and UP TO 60. Why would it show increases if it was 'hard' capped at 50?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The cannon is delicious.

It felt like I broke world record time in defeating Paarl with it. My hunter BARELY runs at all and lost absolutely NO health whatsoever.

It's magical. I wonder why I once thought it was useless because of its high QS bullet requirements.

I've just read that the 'hard' cap for strength and skill is 50, but I've got them both on 60. Have I wasted 20 levels because both strength and skill registered increases AFTER and UP TO 60.

Hard cap means it can't go up anymore, that would be at 99. At 50 you hit a soft cap where you see diminished returns

My tactic was:
hitting her in the head for like 2+something k puts her on viceral attack mode.
She flinchs before charging at you, so be on the look out for that, star moving left or right on that moment and roll when the head is about to crush you.
No lock on(i used some for a brief moment to not miss some hits)
Also, after the viceral attack, before her "ape shit stage", she would kneel with her head down, hit her with all you got, i used electric paper.
And a little luck i guess :p

My victory, no vials , no damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17RyhP_ejhw "Senpai Ebrietas notice me...you only notice Rom. "

Damn, the Ebrietas in my game must have been on amphetamines because she was much more aggressive than that when I fought her. Spinning around all over the place, doing three consecutive tentacle swipes while moving forward, sky-bombing me head-first, rushing me, firing fucking lazers as soon as I reached her second phase, etc.

But shit, that cane was doing some crazy good damage. I need to experiment with it some more.

Noobcraft

The cannon is delicious.

It felt like I broke world record time in defeating Paarl with it. My hunter BARELY runs at all and lost absolutely NO health whatsoever.

It's magical. I wonder why I once thought it was useless because of its high QS bullet requirements.
The cannon is glorious lol. I downgraded my game to 1.0 just to use it early. I 3 hit Father Gascoigne with it (killed him in 28 seconds lol)

Keihart

I've just read that the 'hard' cap for strength and skill is 50, but I've got them both on 60. Have I wasted 20 levels because both strength and skill registered increases AFTER and UP TO 60. Why would it show increases if it was 'hard' capped at 50?

Im doing almost pure skill with some splash on arcane to use the spells.
Skill keeps scaling after 50 , but it gives less and less, as of now , with 70 something , its giving me like a point of damage every 2 leves with the cane+9...

At least skill seems to improve your vicerals , i think.

Keihart

Damn, the Ebrietas in my game must have been on amphetamines because she was much more aggressive than that when I fought her. Spinning around all over the place, doing three consecutive tentacle swipes while moving forward, sky-bombing me head-first, rushing me, firing fucking lazers as soon as I reached her second phase, etc.

But shit, that cane was doing some crazy good damage. I need to experiment with it some more.

You can bait her moves kinda, and try to imput all the damage posible before she goes into rage mode, basically , when you aproach half HP she starts spiting blood and fliying a little , after half it's apeshit time with lasers and all. But if you get enough damage in the head she will let you do 1 viceral atack , after that she might atack once or twice or no atack at all and then kneel, thats your chance to not let her get up.

I only aproached her to bait her attacks until she did the headbutt.

SLOSifl

I updated my video of my sped up boss kills using the threaded cane to 60FPS. It took a trial copy of Final Cut to actually get it to use all the extra frames from increasing the speed, but the result is a bit smoother for it all.

https://youtu.be/4qsMbH4_Kwg

I was about level 70 for most of them. I used the dog-echoes glitch (RIP) at the very start, pumped Skill to 50 and added a bit of VIT and END eventually.

I think for my next run (or partial run) I'll try Beast Claw + high beastmode armor + blood pellets and stacked beast runes and see what happens. I have a NG+ character just before Shadow of Yharnam with good STR and the claw (unupgraded though). That might have to do, since it's not exactly a easy weapon to get.

I just read somewhere that the soft cap is at 30 and the hard cap is at 50.
It's not really, exactly, a hard cap. The benefit drops off significantly at 50, to the extent that you won't get "blue" numbers for every level anymore. Behind the scenes it could be rounding (so 3 levels x 0.7 points ~ 2 points), but it's under 1 for sure.

FaintDeftone

I just wrapped up
Nightmare Frontier
, which was much easier than I anticipated.
Amygdala
went down in three tries. Now all I have left is
Cainhurst and Nightmare of Mensis
and I'll be finished.

How hard is
Mensis
? I heard
Frontier
was rough but at lvl 59 with a +8 Saw spear, I made quick work of it. Even the hunters who gang up on you were cake.

So, having finished the game I decided to finally open up the Collector's Edition artbook.

I'm pretty disappointed to see that there's barely any boss/creature art. What's there is awesome (specifically location art) but was really hoping for pages of grotesque shit. Bleh.

burgerdog

I just read somewhere that the soft cap is at 30 and the hard cap is at 50.

Whoever wrote that is a moron because a hard cap means you don't gain any more stats if you keep leveling that stat up. 50 is the soft cap and diminishing returns point, you still get SOMETHING out of leveling it up, though. The only hard cap is 99.

Apparently there's a CGI movie if you leave the game in the title screen long enough. It's pretty badass.

Yeah I found that the other night on accident when I was browsing my phone at the title screen. Certainly something to get me in the mood for the game and will be watching again.

Edit: Oh it was the E3 trailer....which I never saw anyway.

Finished it! Absolute masterpiece.

My only regret is getting spoiled too much on the final fight, I got itchy to know more about a few WTF things that happened and eventually saw stuff I couldn't unsee. If you're still playing this and haven't gotten yourself spoiled, try your best to avoid that.

majik13

Not really digging the new item description loading screens. I like when I discover new items or locations, while playing, that I didn't know existed and then learn about them and use them. Now I have all items, even high level items spoiled for me, from the beginning of the game. Definitely takes away from the sense of discovery and wonder. I do appreciate that the loading is notiecable faster. I think if it was just limited to some basic early items, features and background lore/story would have been a better approach.

FHIZ

What's with IGNs boss strategy for
Micolash?
He straight up doesn't have any other attacks than punch, yet here I am going into the second phase thinking "okay, he has a tentacle lunge" and I get decimated by some nova blast. Video here.

maomaoIYP

I absolutely love the root chalice dungeons. It's a great throwback to jrpgs of old where there was a hard as nails post-game dungeon. Pure combat, and you never know what to expect next. I just finished a layer 4 where I fought Ebrietas in a room with a giant fucking hole in the middle. SO GOOD.

Top Bottom