• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Hit a wall :(

Currently at Darkbeast Pearl (?) and holy fuck are his AOE swings insane. It's like the game breaks when using the camera lock as well (cleric beast felt the same way).
Also, are the enemies around that area supposed to hit SO fucking hard? :(

STR build with Cleave-Blade btw

Game has a way of making you feel like you're playing it wrong, just when u cleared a prior area with no issue...
What's your level and what's the level of your Cleaver?

I bashed my head against that wall too. Then walked away, leveled up some (not very much really) and went back in. Suddenly started clicking.

Also,
stay on top of the beast once you have knocked its skull enough to remove the electric field. It will try and retreat to recharge. Stay with it and keep hacking and it will try to retreat again. Rinse and repeat until slaughtered.

What's your level and what's the level of your Cleaver?

I bashed my head against that wall too. Then walked away, leveled up some (not very much really) and went back in. Suddenly started clicking.

Also,
stay on top of the beast once you have knocked its skull enough to remove the electric field. It will try and retreat to recharge. Stay with it and keep hacking and it will try to retreat again. Rinse and repeat until slaughtered.

Lv 30 and my cleave is probably like +5 or 6

Paarl is deinately one of the bosses (along with Cleric Beast like you mention) to NOT use lock-on.

He's one of those bosses in the Souls games where you can come across them relatively early and might be better off waiting and coming back to do them in once you're a bit higher level or your weapon is more upgraded (like say the Ruin Sentinels in DS2). Opening the path after killing him is relatively pointless imo, unless you're desperate to be best friends with Djura.

Paarl is deinately one of the bosses (along with Cleric Beast like you mention) to NOT use lock-on.

He's one of those bosses in the Souls games where you can come across them relatively early and might be better off waiting and coming back to do them in once you're a bit higher level or your weapon is more upgraded (like say the Ruin Sentinels in DS2). Opening the path after killing him is relatively pointless imo, unless you're desperate to be best friends with Djura.

I owned him with lock-on.

giphy.gif

But yeah, without lock on is easier, but definetly doable

I first came across the Dark Beast Paarl while trying to get out of the Gaol when I was taken there after dying to a Snatcher. I tried him a few times but gave up because he was out of my league (level). I came back later, once the Snatchers were no longer competition, and Paarl was an easy kill. I did not lock onto him.

Ophelion

I never don't lock onto bosses. Don't have the same problems with camera other people seem to and losing the locked on dash would be disastrous to the way I play the game, especially in boss battles. Roll is just not the same.

I first came across the Dark Beast Paarl while trying to get out of the Gaol when I was taken that after dying to a Snatcher. I tried him a few times but gave up because he was out of my league (level). I came back later, once the Snatchers were no longer competition, and Paarl was an easy kill. I did not lock onto him.

Yep, this is precisely the situation i'm in right now

Unless you use a pistol or long range weapons, yes the game movement is too fast to use lock on, maybe for reposition but no more

wiibomb

I don't know how you guys manage to fight bosses without lock on, I tried it with Vicar Amelia and she wrecked me so much. Now it just freaks me to think I'm not seeing every action of the boss

I'm kinda bummed that DS2 and Bloodborne don't really have GiantDad equivalents.

In Dark Souls 2 you had quad-buffing Havel-Jesters with their one-shot backstabs and ridiculous Hexes, as well as the buffed Chaos Blade. Combining all of those basically made you unbeatable around launch.

I don't know how you guys manage to fight bosses without lock on, I tried it with Vicar Amelia and she wrecked me so much. Now it just freaks me to think I'm not seeing every action of the boss
It gives you more camera control, but whatever works for you and gets the job done!

The Flash

Banned
Seeing how famous it has become (original video has lots of views) is just weird that From forsaken us with no Giant Dad gesture.

I'm hoping they'll bring it back for DS3

In Dark Souls 2 you had quad-buffing Havel-Jesters with their one-shot backstabs and ridiculous Hexes, as well as the buffed Chaos Blade. Combining all of those basically made you unbeatable around launch.

Yeah but it didn't have the same pzazz though.

The Flash

Banned
Man, this game is a lot easier when you're over leveled like I am. Took out the One Reborn like it was nothing. I'm going to have to do NG+ aren't I?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I've just been reading around and it seems you can't access the new DLC until you're about half way through and have met certain 'unnamed' conditions. I find that utterly ridiculous. I'm on NG+ and no where near half way and I don't even know what conditions are to be met. They should just have allowed you to access the DLC somewhere near the beginning because I'm never going to get half way on NG+. I gave up months ago because it was too hard and I'm level 220. I'm not going to go through the whole game again with a new character just so I can play the DLC.

iBlue

Finally finished this game at level 96 and did the whole 3 endings in one walkthrough so when the DLC comes out i dont need to start a NG. Just left it right before the final boss fight. Time ti take a break from bloodborne til the DLC comes out :)

silva1991

I've just been reading around and it seems you can't access the new DLC until you're about half way through and have met certain 'unnamed' conditions. I find that utterly ridiculous. I'm on NG+ and no where near half way and I don't even know what conditions are to be met. They should just have allowed you to access the DLC somewhere near the beginning because I'm never going to get half way on NG+. I gave up months ago because it was too hard and I'm level 220. I'm not going to go through the whole game again with a new character just so I can play the DLC.

It's your second playthrough. you should be able to finish half of the game in no time.

don't even beat cleric beast. just kill father G and buy the 10k key to get to vicar amelya faster. now just go to the woods and beat the shadows and just wait for the dlc.

you will get there even faster if you summoned for bosses.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It's your second playthrough. you should be able to finish half of the game in no time.

don't even beat cleric beast. just kill father G and buy the 10k key to get to vicar amelya faster. now just go to the woods and beat the shadows and just wait for the dlc.

you will get there even faster if you summoned for bosses.

What do you mean by the bolded?

That's exactly where I am and I get slaughtered every time I try to beat them. Are you sure that's where you get access to the DLC? And how do you know what the conditions are that have to be met first?

silva1991

What do you mean by the bolded?

That's exactly where I am and I get slaughtered every time I try to beat them. Are you sure that's where you get access to the DLC? And how do you know what the conditions are that have to be met first?

I mean summon other players to help you against bosses.

no one knows when exactly the conditions met, but after you beat the shadows you basically finished half of the game and the key to access the dlc shouldn't be far at that point.

just beat the shadows and light the lantern in the next area and wait for the expansion.

is ENB in this guide too?

Are you new to souls games? Accesing the DLC would be way too hard for newcomers since the DLC everything is harder and have more resistencies than the vanilla bosses, if you are not prepared enough the bosses would become inmortal bullet sponges.

Some people put their main character stationary before Gehrman for the DLC, other make new chars for the DLC. I am sure the DLC would be access right after you defeat Amelia or right after Rom

iBlue

is ENB in this guide too?

Are you new to souls games? Accesing the DLC would be way too hard for newcomers since the DLC everything is harder and have more resistencies than the vanilla bosses, if you are not prepared enough the bosses would become inmortal bullet sponges.

Some people put their main character stationary before Gehrman for the DLC, other make new chars for the DLC. I am sure the DLC would be access right after you defeat Amelia or right after Rom

This. I just finished the game like an hour ago and i left my game just before Gehrman so i dont have to start from the beginning(NG)

Manu

You should be breezing through NG+ at level 220. I went through NG+ in three hours killing just the story bosses at lvl 130.

The Flash

Banned
You beat her yet??

No. Gave it about 6 or so attempts. It's late where I'm at so I'm starting to get tired. Need to farm for blood vials now anyways.

I almost had a top ten comeback moment with her though. Somehow got down to the magical 1 pixel of health and had her down to about 3 or so hits but got slammed at the last second.

So what is the last thing I can do without triggering the ending? I've got Micolash and Mergo to kill... I'd like to progress as far as possible, and still be able to visit the Hunters Dream to lvl with the doll, buy shit, etc. I'd prefer not to start an NG+ for the DLC.

duxstar

Is there anyone here that wants to help out against Rom in a chalice dungeon , about to Chuck the controller the fight is so dumb. Ohko spiders and blue crystals.

Top Bottom