• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I don't know, but I felt they scalated pretty well, did had to do quite some tried before defeating the Blood-Starved Beast. Vical Amelia was pretty easy once I found how to deal with hear

I prefer to ask since once I enter an area I won't enter another different one until I defeat the boss from that area, I don't like to leave loose ends, and since I'm planning to enter there (I heard there are some horror stories from that place) then I plan to tread carefully
It all depends on character build and weapons. I know I beat NG+ Logarius probably at level 150 or something using a +9 Blades of Mercy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6xzDSrVE8

wiibomb

i was looking around trying to figure out what could trigger the "eye of a blood drunk hunter" to appear (the item they said you need to get to the dlc) and i noticed this description on the wiki for one of the eileen questline fights

"The Bloody Crow of Cainhurst is a hunter who has presumably gone mad with bloodlust, and as a result became a target of Eileen the Crow."
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloody+Crow+of+Cainhurst

yup, like a lot of the hunters that come from cainhurst castle, the item from this DLC might come from that place

i was looking around trying to figure out what could trigger the "eye of a blood drunk hunter" to appear (the item they said you need to get to the dlc) and i noticed this description on the wiki for one of the eileen questline fights

"The Bloody Crow of Cainhurst is a hunter who has presumably gone mad with bloodlust, and as a result became a target of Eileen the Crow."

this one i remeber was easy to kill before 1.04 patch...now i think it's pain in the ass, right?

Didnt is the Cainhurst hunter you kill on the Cathedral? its after Rom. a little late in the game but makes sense you are around in your essential stats in that part of the game

myco666

3 trophies to go.

Need the Beast Claw. Kill Yarnham. And an extremely rare blood gem? Where can I find an extremely rare blood gem?

If you are going for the Queen of Yharnam you will come across extremely rare blood gem. Atleast one of the bosses you have to fight to get her drops one.

edit.

Helping people at Rom is as infuriating as I remembered. Host doesn't realize that YOU KILL THE FIRST BATCH OF SPIDERS BEFORE ATTACKING ROM.

If you are going for the Queen of Yharnam you will come across extremely rare blood gem. Atleast one of the bosses you have to fight to get her drops one.

edit.

Helping people at Rom is as infuriating as I remembered. Host doesn't realize that YOU KILL THE FIRST BATCH OF SPIDERS BEFORE ATTACKING ROM.

Good to hear. Saves me a job. Cheers.

I've got a feeling I'm going to get smashed to pieces in these dungeons.

Good to hear. Saves me a job. Cheers.

I've got a feeling I'm going to get smashed to pieces in these dungeons.
Depending on how long you put them off for they won't be too bad till Lower Pthumeru level 3 or something. Once you hit the Undead Giant there you'll know when the game has caught up to you.

myco666

How good is the Rosmarinus for an Arcane build?

Well it is better than flamesprayer for Arcane build. If you like how it feels then sure go for it. However remember that it kind of locks you out of using tools that much since it eats bullets rather fast.

wiibomb

how can people use the cannon, the thing swallows a whole 12 bullets!! it literally can be fire once

I learned that the hard way lol

myco666

how can people use the cannon, the thing swallows a whole 12 bullets!! it literally can be fire once

I learned that the hard way lol

You get two shots if you use blood bullets. Then buff it with BMA and bam you have most powerful handgun in the world. You can also get some QS increasing runes so you get three shots. Not sure if you can get it up to 4 like it was before nerf.

It is free damage if you kill the first batch. Other ones what ever suits you but there is no reason not to kill the first ones. Really hate cooping that boss.

I'm too much of a miser to use the cannon - 12 bullets, are you crazy!

Same reason I still have yet to use any spell at all, I just can't... I just can't. I had no problem with using MP in Demon's.

BumRush

I've yet to fight Micolash or Mergo (or Gehrman &
Moon Presence
), but so far... Logarius has been my toughest boss fight.

For me, ML was the toughest boss in the game by a large margin. Probably died 20 times.

I'm too much of a miser to use the cannon - 12 bullets, are you crazy!

Same reason I still have yet to use any spell at all, I just can't... I just can't. I had no problem with using MP in Demon's.

I think the cannon was nerfed in a patch to be nearly useless because it could one shot hunter and take a lot of bosses health

For me, ML was the toughest boss in the game by a large margin. Probably died 20 times.
The hardest boss changes for everybody. I find Logarius to be a fun fight, meanwhile Blood Starved Beast is always a pain in the ass for me with newer characters. There's also that one Undead Giant in the chalice dungeons, and not the regular one, the infamous one.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, how does the password system work these days for different leveled people? Is it impossible for someone out of my level range to come play with me with password?

Renewed

Started this game yesterday and holy shit Paarl. Don't even know what hit me :(

Is dodging supposed to be my emergency option? I feel so slow to begin with that I can't help but keep my finger ready on the dodge button.

Started this game yesterday and holy shit Paarl. Don't even know what hit me :(

Is dodging supposed to be my emergency option? I feel so slow to begin with that I can't help but keep my finger ready on the dodge button.
You might be too early for Paarl. It usually helps to fight him unlocked and to roll underneath him and attack the legs.

Excited to see what the day hunt (alluded to in screenshots/footage of the Old Hunters) reveals about Yharnam. The blood soaked sewers, beasts under the sun... Can't wait to see how insight influences the waking world!

manfestival

I just beat some screaming wolf lady boss. Where do I go from here? Into that open area with the giant hat axe dudes or what? I killed those annoying dudes on the side of the Grand Cathedral. They were easy and so was the boss

silva1991

I just beat some screaming wolf lady boss. Where do I go from here? Into that open area with the giant hat axe dudes or what? I killed those annoying dudes on the side of the Grand Cathedral. They were easy and so was the boss

Did you already beat witches of himwick? if so just go to the password door.

iBlue

Finally i just beat the chalices! and got that queen trophy! i am currently Level 135 and i just need the trophy that requires me to get all hunter weapons. Do i have to do NG to get gerhamn weapon? like can i just do the NG and go to the hunter dream and buy it right away or do i need to advance in the story? I just wanna go get the trophy and load my save before gherman.

Finally i just beat the chalices! and got that queen trophy! i am currently Level 135 and i just need the trophy that requires me to get all hunter weapons. Do i have to do NG to get gerhamn weapon? like can i just do the NG and go to the hunter dream and buy it right away or do i need to advance in the story? I just wanna go get the trophy and load my save before gherman.

It will be available to purchase straight away.

Do I need to kill Ebrietas again to get Great Isz Chalice or do Chalices carry over into a NG+? I seriously don't want to fight that again.

Don Draper's Hat: no, i think.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Game+Plus

What will carry over to NG+

Player Level
Insight
All consumables items.
All your weapons and armor, including 'Item Box' items
All caryll runes (runes already obtained will be replaced by madman's knowledges at their locations in NG+)
Covenant and covenant level
All badges and unlocked items (i.e. messengers will still sell all the items they did in NG.)
Chalice dungeons & their progress[/B]
Workshop tools (Rune, Gemstone upgrades). The locations where you picked up these tools in NG will now have Kin Coldblood of varying levels.

What doesn't carry over

Keys (key items such as badges and the Yharnam Stone carry over)
All unlocked doors, shortcuts, etc. will need to be reopened
Any non-consumed One Third of Umbilical Cord items
Messenger Skins not unlocked by DLC (i.e. Bloody Messenger Head Bandage) won't carry over as well.

Preparing for NG+

Buy any items (preferably in bulk) you want from merchants.
Farm for Materials and any other items you might need.
Upgrade all your main weapons to max level, since enemies in NG+ have more health and hit for more damage.
Find the Blood Rock in your world. (Only one guaranteed way to get this item)
Complete the quest line with Eileen the Crow and get the Crow Hunter Badge.
Complete the quest line with Alfred and receive the Wheel Hunter Badge.
Visit optional areas such as Upper Cathedral Ward, Forsaken Castle Cainhurst, Nightmare Frontier.
Join and rank up a Covenant.
Find all possible Badges and purchase their contents.
Send all possible NPC characters to Cathedral Ward safely.
Find all Hunter tools (or spells).
Collect all possible Messenger Skins (Note: Messenger skins disappear upon entering NG+ EXCEPT for the equipped one.)
Defeat all of the Great Ones in order to obtain all the starting Chalices
Defeat the Mother Brain in order to obtain Living String required for Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Ritual

RiggyRob

^ Do the NPCs that you can send to the Chapel not reset their positions on NG+?

Well it is better than flamesprayer for Arcane build. If you like how it feels then sure go for it. However remember that it kind of locks you out of using tools that much since it eats bullets rather fast.

I liked using the Flamesprayer on certain bosses since it didn't seem like you could parry and stagger them, and it came in useful for torching the fuck out of the snake men in Forbidden Words. I know the Byrgenwerth hunter uses it, so I guess I'll just have to try it out myself.

myco666

I think the cannon was nerfed in a patch to be nearly useless because it could one shot hunter and take a lot of bosses health

It is perfectly viable in PVP still. Once invader did a attack I just hit him with cannon and instantly won. For bosses it is not nearly as useful as it was before nerf.

I know the cannon was nerfed. it used to consume 4 or 5 bulllets and with blood bullets you can use it one more time.

It wasn't that good at launch. It used 10 bullets before nerf so you could get 4 shots out of it with blood bullets. 5 if you had right runes.

Hey, how does the password system work these days for different leveled people? Is it impossible for someone out of my level range to come play with me with password?

It should works so that if you use password you can summon person at any level. Summoned persons lvl will be scaled down near what hosts has.

im no where near completing the game but is the new purchase DLC really only for people who completed the game?
It's not so much for people who've completed the game, but the way the previous Souls games have handled DLC is that it slots right in to the rest of the game, but is usually aimed at mid to late-game level ranged characters. And usually it will be accessed somewhere mid-game.

So it's not about if you've completed the game, just that the difficulty will most likely be set in line with other mid-late game areas.

I don't understand that guide someone posted here the other day to show how to get to Yarnham in the chalice dungeons.

Why do I need to go through the Defiled Chalice exactly?

myco666

Oh, that simple eh?

Fuck it! I'm really not good enough for these boss fights with half of my health.

Get your Vit up to 40 atleast and some HP up runes. Makes it more manageable. You really need a different mindset to that Chalice as any mistake will most likely kill you. There are bunch of strategy videos on youtube that you should check.

wiibomb

wow, Castle Cainhurst is one of the best place I've come in this game, this is an ominous atmosphere to it, and the library, the place not only is huge, but also detailed...

and the bloodsucking beats can go fuck themselves.. those things are a real pain and creepy as fuck

Maybe. My strongest weapon (axe) is only up to +4 and my strength just hit 24. Gonna keep trying at this.
Way under leveled. I don't remember my level but I know when I beat him the first time I was using a +6 LHB and that stun locked the shit out of him.
Get your Vit up to 40 atleast and some HP up runes. Makes it more manageable. You really need a different mindset to that Chalice as any mistake will most likely kill you. There are bunch of strategy videos on youtube that you should check.
I honestly think 50 vit is mandatory for that place. I think I used that and the health recovery through visceral attack rune with Cainhurst Armor. Pretty much that the place where you rely on stun locking and attacking outside of enemy range or attacking right after their attack cycle. Pay close attention to noises too cause knowing what an ambush sounds like and knowing what an enemy is by their sounds helps you prepare for the situation. Always keep bolt and fire paper handy too, blue elixirs don't hurt either and pungent cocktails as well depending on the situation.

Hello Kosmos-GAF

Have deliberately tried to avoid read anything about the DLC, however as it approaches I am wondering if there is any requisites to unlocking it? I was planning to start a new hunter.. would it be advisable to clear up to Gehrman at least?

wiibomb

Hello Kosmos-GAF

Have deliberately tried to avoid read anything about the DLC, however as it approaches I am wondering if there is any requisites to unlocking it? I was planning to start a new hunter.. would it be advisable to clear up to Gehrman at least?

I'm sorry but I only recognize Kosm, thank you...

yeah, there is an item require to access the DLC area, it is called "eye of a blood drunk hunter" and it is unknown where it will be or how will be obtainable.

also the area to enter the DLC is unknown, some speculate it could be Byrgenwerth, but there is nothing confirmed about it

myco666

Way under leveled. I don't remember my level but I know when I beat him the first time I was using a +6 LHB and that stun locked the shit out of him.

I honestly think 50 vit is mandatory for that place. I think I used that and the health recovery through visceral attack rune with Cainhurst Armor. Pretty much that the place where you rely on stun locking and attacking outside of enemy range or attacking right after their attack cycle. Pay close attention to noises too cause knowing what an ambush sounds like and knowing what an enemy is by their sounds helps you prepare for the situation. Always keep bolt and fire paper handy too, blue elixirs don't hurt either and pungent cocktails as well depending on the situation.

I recall having around 45 or lower Vit when I did it. Just enough to not get one shotted. Higher Vit the better though.

I'm sorry but I only recognize Kosm, thank you...

yeah, there is an item require to access the DLC area, it is called "eye of a blood drunk hunter" and it is unknown where it will be or how will be obtainable.

also the area to enter the DLC is unknown, some speculate it could be Byrgenwerth, but there is nothing confirmed about it

The item will appear at Hunters Dream according to blog posts. How we access to DLC is unknown though.

wiibomb

I recall having around 45 or lower Vit when I did it. Just enough to not get one shotted. Higher Vit the better though.

The item will appear at Hunters Dream according to blog posts. How we access to DLC is unknown though.

ahh there it is, then may be one has to buy it from the messengers?

I have not slayed Master Willem yet (let him live while I was in Byrgenwerth)... fingers crossed he is a part of the DLC.
They better confirm that before I get to Byrgenwerth on my new character cause I always kill his fat ass to get that rune.

Top Bottom