• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

I made some great progress this weekend.

Took down Father G.
Took down the Blood Starved Beast.
Got lost as all hell when I went jumping down some wooden beams in the Cathedral Ward.
Ended up getting kidnapped and I love how terrifying and overpowering this was.
Made my way back to the Cathedral and made it to what I think is the end of the level. I then got my ass kicked by a lightning mace man.

When should I try to take on some of the Chalice dungeons? Do I need to do anything to activate them?

Well you can do Chalice dungeons as soon as you get them from the main game. Most people tend to leave them to end game though but then the first few are really easy and boring because of it. Just do them when you feel like it. Best would probably to pace them well and do one every once in a while so you don't get so easily burnt out on them.

wiibomb

I saw in the bloodborne wikia there is a chalice dungeon with a Oedon Writhe +3, the glyph is supposed to be 27fe7wh7 but it says I do not have the requirements for it, anyone knows about this chalice dungeon?

myco666

So where is Yharmam, if she is one kind of chalices, why there's 5 altairs?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/bloodborne/Yharnam,_Pthumerian_Queen

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Yharnam,+Pthumerian+Queen

Here's the info where she is :(

She is in the last Pthumerian chalice. Altars are limited so that you can't have every chalice open at the same time. Just remove the ones you've done already. This is one of the better guides on how to get to her.

edit.

I saw in the bloodborne wikia there is a chalice dungeon with a Oedon Writhe +3, the glyph is supposed to be 27fe7wh7 but it says I do not have the requirements for it, anyone knows about this chalice dungeon?

You need to beat Ihyll (the last Pthumerian chalice) first before you can get into that one.

Melchiah

Yeah cause I think you did that before that was patched out. I had to play through the pain...which wasn't really as bad as people said it was. Only hard part was Defiled Amygdala.

I used the bypass method in the beginning of June, but returned to do the Defiled chalice in July. It took me nearly a month to complete it. The first boss was pretty easy though.

Do i read correct? To get to her you need to beat at least 10-15 bosses?

Locations

Found in the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon at the final layer. To get the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice and create the dungeon you need to do:

Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon with

Undead Giant
Merciless Watchers and Chieftan
Watchdog of the Old Lords

Central Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon

Beast-possessed Soul (Layer 1)
Keeper of the Old Lords (Layer 2)
Pthumerian Descendant (Layer 3)

Lower Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon

Merciless Watcher (Layer 1)
Undead Giant, Club/Chain/Sickle version (Layer 2)
Rom, the Vacuous Spider (Layer 3)
Bloodletting Beast (Layer 4)

Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeon, for the 2x Bastard of Loran (found in layer 3) needed to create the Defiled Chalice dungeon.

Beast-possessed Soul (Layer 1)
Blood-starved Beast (Layer 2)
Abhorrent Beast (Layer 3)

Defiled Chalice Dungeon

Keeper of the Old Lords (Layer 1)
Watch Dog of the Old Lords (Layer 2)
Amygdala (Layer 3)

Lower Loran Chalice Dungeon or Great Isz Chalice Dungeon for the 2x Red Jelly (found in layer 3 of either) needed to create the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon (assuming you picked up 2x in the chest in the Lecture Building)

Loran Silverbeast
Abhorrent Beast
Loran Darkbeast

Why did i fought other chalices for?

So sad :(

I used the bypass method in the beginning of June, but returned to do the Defiled chalice in July. It took me nearly a month to complete it. The first boss was pretty easy though.
The first boss is laughably easy, Watch Dog wasn't even that bad for me, just lengthy. Amygdala was a damn shit heel though. What even is the bypass method?

Do i read correct? To get to her you need to beat at least 10-15 bosses?

Why did i fought other chalices for?

So sad :(

Materials, the arcane jelly and the blood thing are quite rare and requires a little grinding.

If you want more advanced chalices you need some specific rare material to get access for rare runes

embalm

embalm: what about cleric beast on bridge? :)
The Cleric Beast was the first boss I killed. I Caned him up and down and got through it on the second try. Father G was a different story, his beast mode took me about 40 tries before I got through it. I think I've completely cleared Central Yharnam and Old Yharnam. There are like 3 paths in front of me right now in the Cathedral, so I'm exploring before opening the boss door.

myco666

The first boss is laughably easy, Watch Dog wasn't even that bad for me, just lengthy. Amygdala was a damn shit heel though. What even is the bypass method?

For me Watchdog was much harder than Amy. Realized good strategy for Amy much faster. The bypass method was to use short root chalice and hope you would get summoned to Ihyll chalice. Best case scenario would've been if you got summoned to the Queen making Ihyll totally open for you.

Melchiah

Yeah, Watchdog wasn't that bad when you figured out the moves, and when the insta-death charge attacks were kept to a minimum. The same goes for Amy, and learning not to dodge when it jumps.

The bypass method I was referring to, was to use the Short Ritual Root Chalice on the Makeshift Altar to search for Ihyll chalice.

wiibomb

Yeah, Watchdog wasn't that bad when you figured out the moves, and when the insta-death charge attacks were kept to a minimum. The same goes for Amy, and learning not to dodge when it jumps.

The bypass method I was referring to, was to use the Short Ritual Root Chalice on the Makeshift Altar to search for Ihyll chalice.

but Amy is not easy :(((

even when I do not dodge it still hits me a ton with the arms (the nightmare frontier version, though)

For me Watchdog was much harder than Amy. Realized good strategy for Amy much faster. The bypass method was to use short root chalice and hope you would get summoned to Ihyll chalice. Best case scenario would've been if you got summoned to the Queen making Ihyll totally open for you.

Watchdong always do a charge attack when changing phases or when you healing or far away from him, when you figure out that pattern he is quite easy. Amigdala in other case, I dont how how to beat that thing last phase without being hugging his butt

Mifune

Mehmber
Wow at those giant fleas outside Cainhurst Castle. I approached one thinking this guy doesn't look too bad, followed by HOLY FUCK.

Beat one barely and then just snuck past the others into the castle. Yep, I'm a coward and proud of it.

Wow at those giant fleas outside Cainhurst Castle. I approached one thinking this guy doesn't look too bad, followed by HOLY FUCK.

Beat one barely and then just snuck past the others into the castle. Yep, I'm a coward and proud of it.
They have no poise just stun lock to win. Oh Cainhurst, thought you meant Byrgenwerth, just run away and head straight to that door.

They are certainly some fuckers... but once you can telegraph their jump attack, they are a great farming resource. Also, beware of the worms at the bottom of the valley right when you spawn at the lamp...

Melchiah

but Amy is not easy :(((

even when I do not dodge it still hits me a ton with the arms (the nightmare frontier version, though)

Yeah, it's not easy, but I don't think it's that hard either as long as you're patient. The Defiled version took me over 10 minutes to beat, which is the longest fight I've had. I'd say the hardest bosses are Pthumerian Descendant in Ihyll, and Abhorrent Beast in Loran chalices. I still haven't managed to beat PD solo, eventhough my character is at 216 level. I got close once, when I used the dodge method instead of trying to parry him. As for AB, I beat him both times using Evelyn + Bone Marrow Ash, and poison daggers. I just couldn't do it by fighting him hand to hand.

EDIT:
Watchdong always do a charge attack when changing phases or when you healing or far away from him, when you figure out that pattern he is quite easy. Amigdala in other case, I dont how how to beat that thing last phase without being hugging his butt

During the first handful of times, the Watchdog always charged at me when I was close to him. That's why I tried to keep a bit more distance, and it seemed to work, as after the initial charge he only did it twice in a row when he moved on to the last phase.

Yeah, it's not easy, but I don't think it's that hard either as long as you're patient. The Defiled version took me over 10 minutes to beat, which is the longest fight I've had. I'd say the hardest bosses are Pthumerian Descendant in Ihyll, and Abhorrent Beat in Loran chalices. I still haven't managed to beat PD solo, eventhough my character is at 216 level. I got close once, when I used the dodge method instead of trying to parry him. As for AB, I beat him both times using Evelyn + Bone Marrow Ash, and poison daggers. I just couldn't do it by fighting him hand to hand.
You can dodge right though AB's attacks, he's not that bad to fight mano a mano once you get the timing right.

Mifune

Mehmber
They are certainly some fuckers... but once you can telegraph their jump attack, they are a great farming resource. Also, beware of the worms at the bottom of the valley right when you spawn at the lamp...

Yeah I had to fight off those worms when I went exploring. The fleas might not be too bad but that first jump scared the crap out of me. Thankfully I unlocked the elevator so I don't have to face those ones at the start unless I want to farm.

Melchiah

You can dodge right though AB's attacks, he's not that bad to fight mano a mano once you get the timing right.

I may have to try it sometime, but I wager there's a very little room for error. Just like it's with PD, who can fuck you up in an instant. It only takes one wrong move, and it's over.

During the first handful of times, the Watchdog always charged at me when I was close to him. That's why I tried to keep a bit more distance, and it seemed to work, as after the initial charge he only did it twice in a row when he moved on to the last phase.

Watchdog always announces his charge attack when he nod his head twice but damm sometimes you could be too focused on him and bamm, instant death

I just checked few youtube videos to realize where I stand in Dungeons chalice.

I'm at Defied Chalice

Watchdog of the Old Lords, where I couln't progress anymore...

How can i get help? :)

Orochinagis

To get help?

Actually don't know how. I could make password and asko someone with same access to get help or public?

Kinda lost here :)

Nope :p

myco666

I swear I did every chalice dungeon to make sure and I guess now for sheer bragging rights. I didn't do any sinister root shit, but I did a lot of chalice dungeons.

Hah I just went the fastest route to plat and left all the extra chalices later. Those root chalices are pain in the ass. I tried Cursed Ihyll chalice yesterday with my 90lvl character and everything one shots me. Amount of echoes you get from enemies is staggering though.

Hah I just went the fastest route to plat and left all the extra chalices later. Those root chalices are pain in the ass. I tried Cursed Ihyll chalice yesterday with my 90lvl character and everything one shots me. Amount of echoes you get from enemies is staggering though.
I should see what kind of crazy ass Defiled chalice I could make. Last thing I did was like Fetid Loran or some shit and had the Witches of Hemwick as a random enemy. I was half scarred for life from that shit.

myco666

I should see what kind of crazy ass Defiled chalice I could make. Last thing I did was like Fetid Loran or some shit and had the Witches of Hemwick as a random enemy. I was half scarred for life from that shit.

Sounds real bad. The one I have has traps every where spawing 3-5 madmen everytime you step on it. Real fun if you are not careful.

Umm... AB isn't mandatory for platinum. Like at all.
God, I don't know I just did what I was told! The game is cryptic enough as it is to know what's needed and what's not for the Chalice Dungeons. I know I fought about 3 or 4 variations on that enemy, the big one where the centipede thing bursts out of it's face I'm sure was in the same dungeon as the final boss Queen. It's bigger, but it's the basic same enemy with that stupid sucker punch that reaches across the entire boss room practically.

Sounds real bad. The one I have has traps every where spawing 3-5 madmen everytime you step on it. Real fun if you are not careful.
Holy shit! And that are those heavy metal screaming guys?
God, I don't know I just did what I was told! The game is cryptic enough as it is to know what's needed and what's not for the Chalice Dungeons. I know I fought about 3 or 4 variations on that enemy, the big one where the centipede thing bursts out of it's face I'm sure was in the same dungeon as the final boss Queen. It's bigger, but it's the basic same enemy with that stupid sucker punch that reaches across the entire boss room practically.
Abhorrent Beast and Bloodletting Beast are not the same things. Bloodletting Beast is the one with the Falcon Pawnch!

Top Bottom