• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Deku Tree

The main lanterns in order:

Central Yharnam
Tomb of Oedon(boss: Father G)
Cathedral Ward
Grand Cathedral(boss: Vicar Amelia)
Forbidden Woods
Forbidden Grave(Boss: Shadows of Yharnam)
Byrgenwerth
Moonside Lake(boss: Rom)------------------------------probably what unlocks the DC
Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
Yahar'gul Chapel
Advent Plaza(boss: One Reborn)
Lecture Building
Nightmare of Mensis
Mergo's Loft: Base
Mergo's Loft: Middle(boss: Micolash)
Wet Nurse's Lunarium( boss: wet nurse)

Thank you!

RiggyRob

The main lanterns in order:

Central Yharnam
Tomb of Oedon(boss: Father G)
Cathedral Ward
Grand Cathedral(boss: Vicar Amelia)
Forbidden Woods
Forbidden Grave(Boss: Shadows of Yharnam)
Byrgenwerth
Moonside Lake(boss: Rom)------------------------------probably what unlocks the DC
Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
Yahar'gul Chapel
Advent Plaza(boss: One Reborn)
Lecture Building
Nightmare of Mensis
Mergo's Loft: Base
Mergo's Loft: Middle(boss: Micolash)
Wet Nurse's Lunarium( boss: wet nurse)

Looking at that, it's shocking how much of the game you could potentially miss/how much effort they put into optional areas without knowing whether the player would even find them.

Also, I managed to fill all the gaps of lantern locations in the first tombstone (I.e. Iosefka's Clinic all the way to Darkbeast Paarl including the Upper Cathedral Ward), I assume the rest of the tombstones can also fill up all of the gaps with lantern locations too?

Just got a Sharman Bone Blade from the brainsucker in Cathedral Ward, I knew they dropped them but this is the first I've seen them drop one, must be relatively rare and I haven't got any item discovery runes yet. Now what to use it on?!

wiibomb

"Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm... Do you hear our prayers? As you once did for the Vacuous Rom, grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse us from our beastly idiocy."

after seeing Mother Brain, I really didn't thought the game would take it so literally.

You can always change your covenant later. Alfred is usually found first in Cathedral Ward area he's down the stairs the to right in the area where the rifleman is waiting for you with a two door ambush. Anybody know if it's better to talk during a livestream cause I have no idea how to answer questions on there.

thanks, I found him at the entrance of forbidden woods, didn't know if accepting Analisse proposal I would block Alfred's path, seems like not, I finished it perfectly

"Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm... Do you hear our prayers? As you once did for the Vacuous Rom, grant us eyes, grant us eyes. Plant eyes on our brains, to cleanse us from our beastly idiocy."

after seeing Mother Brain, I really didn't thought the game would take it so literally.

thanks, I found him at the entrance of forbidden woods, didn't know if accepting Analisse proposal I would block Alfred's path, seems like not, I finished it perfectly
KEH HEHEHHEEHEHEHEH AAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

silva1991

Looking at that, it's shocking how much of the game you could potentially miss/how much effort they put into optional areas without knowing whether the player would even find them.

Also, I managed to fill all the gaps of lantern locations in the first tombstone (I.e. Iosefka's Clinic all the way to Darkbeast Paarl including the Upper Cathedral Ward), I assume the rest of the tombstones can also fill up all of the gaps with lantern locations too?

Darkbeast Paarl lantern is part of the first tomb stone? I always thought it belonged to the third one.

you can see the full list of the lanterns here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71588062

Well it is practically confirmed to be bigger since it was supposed to be 2 DLC packs first. So rather safe to assume that it would be almost double the size or same size as two of the DaS2 DLCs.

That's too good to be true. didn't they confirm it will only include 3 big areas? AoTA also had 3 areas in general.

myco666

That's two good to be true. didn't they confirm it will only include 3 big areas? AoTA also had 3 areas in general.

They confirmed there to be 3 'massive' new areas. AotA areas were rather small IMO. Also considering the price is almost double what AotA was I would assume it would be bigger.

They confirmed there to be 3 'massive' new areas. AotA areas were rather small IMO. Also considering the price is almost double what AotA was I would assume it would be bigger.

Eek. Hopefully it's more like Cainhurst and less like Forbidden Woods. I like huge, but lets keep it vertical instead of horizontal.

RiggyRob

Darkbeast Paarl lantern is part of the first tomb stone? I always thought it belonged to the third one.

you can see the full list of the lanterns here

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71588062
It counts for Old Yarnham instead of Yahar'gul (which I suppose is a hint that Djura can be friendly), that's why it's at the very bottom of the first tombstone.

Thanks for the list.

I still don't get why he
died

His master is Martyr Logarius, so it naturally follows that he'd want to follow in the footstep of his master.

Jokes on him though, cause Queen Annalise is alive again in my game. That does beg the question though, what happens if you try to attack and kill Queen Annalise either before or after you send Alfred to her?

myco666

Eek. Hopefully it's more like Cainhurst and less like Forbidden Woods. I like huge, but lets keep it vertical instead of horizontal.

Hopefully there will be both types. I really like Forbidden Woods as it is really easy to get lost. Vertical atleast is going to be since there is the
Clock Tower
area which by the looks of concept art looks like it will be more vertical.

Manu

His master is Martyr Logarius, so it naturally follows that he'd want to follow in the footstep of his master.

Jokes on him though, cause Queen Annalise is alive again in my game. That does beg the question though, what happens if you try to attack and kill Queen Annalise either before or after you send Alfred to her?

She's immortal. Even the chunk of flesh you take to the altar is still alive. The altar just restores her.

not like that, but if you kill her and give the unopened summons to
Alfred
after killing her and not reviving her again

sooo... he kills himself to be later considered another martyr? he never told so

He burns himself in front of an altar following his master, it just hinted not a direct explanation anyway

Neku054

Neo Member

AotA was 14.99, Old hunters is 19.99 (1/3 more) =P. If it isn't twice the size of AotA there's nothing to be upset about but I'm sure it will be more content than AotA. 15 weapons are already confirmed and I believe that's more Than AotA gave maybe?

Man I wish there was a bossmode (with harder difficulty settings/leadingboards), NG+ is rather boring and nowhere near the difficulty spike I expected reading the boards.

myco666

AotA was 14.99, Old hunters is 19.99 (1/3 more) =P. If it isn't twice the size of AotA there's nothing to be upset about but I'm sure it will be more content than AotA. 15 weapons are already confirmed and I believe that's more Than AotA gave maybe?

AotA was 13€ in EU and TOH is 20€ so almost double. Atleast it can't be smaller than AotA that is for sure.

Melchiah

I dunno, we are living in a overpriced DLC with small content, I hope is not the case in Bloodborne

TLOU, Resogun, Infamous, and Dragon Age DLCs didn't feel overpriced compared to the amount of content they offered, whereas Arkham Knight DLCs have been the opposite from what I've read. So, I wouldn't say it's all bad these days.

wiibomb

TLOU, Resogun, Infamous, and Dragon Age DLCs didn't feel overpriced compared to the amount of content they offered, whereas Arkham Knight DLCs have been the opposite from what I've read. So, I wouldn't say it's all bad these days.

I think that right now in this age of DLC, depending on the developer and the people behind it, one can make a safe assumption on how good or bad the DLC will be.

For example, given the examples I wouldn't doubt Miyazaki and FROM on DLC for the souls series, but on the other side of the coin, I wouldn't give a cent for Destiny or Bungie

I think that right now in this age of DLC, depending on the developer and the people behind it, one can make a safe assumption on how good or bad the DLC will be.

For example, given the examples I wouldn't doubt Miyazaki and FROM on DLC for the souls series, but on the other side of the coin, I wouldn't give a cent for Destiny or Bungie
So far it seems like Sony produced games of late have pretty good dlc, even DriveClub is said to have excellent dlc so I'm not doubting Bloodborne on that front.

Never finished DA I , maybe one day, one, distance, day.

Ghazi

So I got taken by the snatchers so I could get into Yahar'gul early and I didn't realize that I need to be wearing a church set to speak with the NPC. Can I get one once I've gotten out and return, or did I mess that up?

wiibomb

So I got taken by the snatchers so I could get into Yahar'gul early and I didn't realize that I need to be wearing a church set to speak with the NPC. Can I get one once I've gotten out and return, or did I mess that up?

get to the lamp in the chapel, then when you get one chest piece from anything on the church, get back an talk to her

RiggyRob

Don't worry, you haven't messed it up - just come back when you're wearing a Church related chest armour (Father Gascoigne's counts as well).

Melchiah

So far it seems like Sony produced games of late have pretty good dlc, even DriveClub is said to have excellent dlc so I'm not doubting Bloodborne on that front.

Yeah, it seems like good DLCs can be expected from certain studios, like From and Naughty Dog, sometimes from Bioware as well. During the past couple of years Sony has provided pretty damn good DLC content. I don't think there were many quality DLCs from them before that though.

And I agree with Destiny's post-release content being overpriced. You'd have to pay 140€ for the full experience, which wasn't provided to you on the launch date.

Never finished DA I , maybe one day, one, distance, day.

I definitely recommend to get at least the Trespasser DLC, which provides a satisfying ending to the story.

^ No it shouldn't make a difference. I wonder what the point is with sending everyone else to Oedon Chapel though? Except for getting special blood vials (and not getting "Iosefka's" rewards). I usually send everyone besides suspicious beggar to the chapel but it doesn't seem to make a difference in the end.

wiibomb

^ No it shouldn't make a difference. I wonder what the point is with sending everyone else to Oedon Chapel though? Except for getting special blood vials (and not getting "Iosefka's" rewards). I usually send everyone besides suspicious beggar to the chapel but it doesn't seem to make a difference in the end.

it does if you want extra sedatives, special blood vials and a One Third Umbilical Cord

from all the people to send to Oedon's chapel, only the suspicious beggar and the narrow minded man don't matter at all

Yeah, Arianna I get, but the rest don't matter that much. I never used those blood vials anyway. I just meant that saving *everyone* except for the one that can't be saved doesn't net you anything special - though there are specific things you can get from each of them, of course.

edit: what I meant is that you don't miss that much sending any of the NPCs to the clinic, except for Arianna (depending on how you play the rest of the game).

Yeah, Arianna I get, but the rest don't matter that much. I never used those blood vials anyway. I just meant that saving *everyone* except for the one that can't be saved doesn't net you anything special - though there are specific things you can get from each of them, of course.

edit: what I meant is that you don't miss that much sending any of the NPCs to the clinic, except for Arianna (depending on how you play the rest of the game).

fun fact, if you rescue everyone except the weird guy, the oedon church guy marks the sidequest as complete and expecting you to be his friend after the hunt is over.

you mean the dude
who's actually a beast
? I killed him last playthrough because something seemed off. I'd like to get the umbilical cord from Iosefka, though, will this mess it up?

Better find the hidden path on the lost woods to reach the clinic before advancing any further to get a special prize

tariniel

Having a really hard time on Logarius on my 2nd character, I'm level 42 and do like no damage it feels like (+6 rifle spear). I already rang the bell if someone feels like helping out. I'm trying to kill him a bit early because I want this character to primarily use the Chikage.

Edit: Thanks to nattapie, if you're here! Got him killed.

Top Bottom