• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Also, Gascoigne down on my first try. Turns out the cane also works to hit him through the graves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ixgb7Za0E&feature=youtu.be

Then I rang my bell and helped someone kill Gascoigne in their game too. I had never tried coop before (I mean, I tried back when the game came out but it didn't work back then.) Is there any benefit to coop in this game? We killed the boss, I got 2000 echoes... and that was it.

I'm seeing a lot more active players too. Dat expansion hype.

You get insight, but not really more than that besides it being a way to aid others that need help with certain parts (a good thing) and that bosses are some of the best parts of the game. I just started doing co-op and I love it; it's just a ton of fun. Looking forward to co-oping parts of the DLC when it hits. There are better ways to grind if all you want is echoes.

That build sounds like a mess to be honest haha. Those weapons are decent at that point though with any build as the the scaling bonuses are around 20-30 points. You're doing it for the DLC though? It might be viable with the new weapons.

LHB needs 16 in str so you need to level that if you want to use it for your skill/arcane build. I did the same (well, 16 in str) and after that leveled up skill and arcane simultaneously, sprinkling some vit and end here and there.

I guess this is going to be one weird ass build then cause skill is 23, str is about 18, arc is 18 as well. Tonitrus does some decent damage at just +3 when I buff it, tore through Hypogean Gaol just testing the thing out. LHB has been a good fall back weapon and so has the Cane, just seems to be I use a weapon based on situation.

I love the Tonitrus but it slowly decreases its damage in advanced areas in my skill/arcane run I switched to Cane and BoM with the arcane spell buff

RiggyRob

How viable is levelling up the Cannon for a Str/Arc build as a damage dealer/boss weapon? I'm weighing up the choice between levelling Arcane another 15 points (which I will probably do anyway even if I don't manage it by the end of the game) and using the Cannon now since I have 30 Strength.

I love the Tonitrus but it slowly decreases its damage in advanced areas in my skill/arcane run I switched to Cane and BoM with the arcane spell buff
I have such a long wait till I get the BOM since I always do Eileens quest to completion. Does this mean I should just sink my points into skill and arcane and just leave strength alone now?

How viable is levelling up the Cannon for a Str/Arc build as a damage dealer/boss weapon? I'm weighing up the choice between levelling Arcane another 15 points (which I will probably do anyway even if I don't manage it by the end of the game) and using the Cannon now since I have 30 Strength.

It depends of your playstyle, did you use your gun a lot? if not then its okay to use the cannon for early burst of damage and get a quick headshot on bosses resulting into a visceral attack.

If you use your gun a lot then is not really recommendad since the cannon can only shoot twice (three if you drain your health for more bullets and specific perks for more bullets).

I have such a long wait till I get the BOM since I always do Eileens quest to completion. Does this mean I should just sink my points into skill and arcane and just leave strength alone now?

What do you need strenght for?

Ah the Tonitrus, yeah it depends if you can survive Rom with mmmm maybe 20 strenght unless you are brave and kill eileen early or use the cane with lightning paper.

I thought it was worth getting the BoM during the first 30 min since she Eileen is so easy to kill in Yharnam, but they're so weak at first anyway that it doesn't matter much if you only get them straight after Rom (if you have the shards & chunks to get them up to a decent level)

It depends of your playstyle, did you use your gun a lot? if not then its okay to use the cannon for early burst of damage and get a quick headshot on bosses resulting into a visceral attack.

If you use your gun a lot then is not really recommendad since the cannon can only shoot twice (three if you drain your health for more bullets and specific perks for more bullets).

What do you need strenght for?

Ah the Tonitrus, yeah it depends if you can survive Rom with mmmm maybe 20 strenght unless you are brave and kill eileen early or use the cane with lightning paper.
I always do a bunch of chalice dungeons as well so it shouldn't be that hard to make up some missing points. Only thing is I've always left Cainhurst crow to late in the game. Like after micolash late I think. Will have to rush that substantially then. Maybe after Cainhurst or something.

myco666

I thought it was worth getting the BoM during the first 30 min since she Eileen is so easy to kill in Yharnam, but they're so weak at first anyway that it doesn't matter much if you only get them straight after Rom (if you have the shards & chunks to get them up to a decent level)

Yeah BoM sucks ass early game. No real reason to get it early unless you really really want it.

Kinda worth it, so far you lose the Rune for faster stamina regen which is not big deal since the skill weapons dont drain a lot of stamina outside the Burial Blade and you can fully dedicated on BoM pretty early for invasions

Yeah BoM sucks ass early game. No real reason to get it early unless you really really want it.

Yep, it was such a fucking grind in central Yharnam just for the BoM to underperform severely against FG :D

you really need a decent amount of end for the BoM to really shine. Dat stunlocking

myco666

Yep, it was such a fucking grind in central Yharnam just for the BoM to underperform severely against FG :D

you really need a decent amount of end for the BoM to really shine. Dat stunlocking

I did the same and I was cursing how shit damage they did. Cane is much better in early game and it is much more versatile in comparison to BoM. BoM has insane damage output when +10 and 50 Skill though.

I did the same and I was cursing how shit damage they did. Cane is much better in early game and it is much more versatile in comparison to BoM. BoM has insane damage output when +10 and 50 Skill though.
I have never +10 the blades I have mine on my level 176 character at +9 I have no idea what to +10 on that character for ng++ it's either the Burial Blade or blades of mercy.

So does BoM perform better on a pure skill build rather than a skill/arcane split?

That stun locking is the key to the 2 Loran chalice dungeons.

They don't help me much against the lower pthumeru undead giant :( Is the ailing loran the first CD where you get decent arcane gems? I wanted get some before Rom (or the DLC) but it's tough on a lower level build

So does BoM perform better on a pure skill build rather than a skill/arcane split?

They don't help me much against the lower pthumeru undead giant :( Is the ailing loran the first CD where you get decent arcane gems? I wanted get some before Rom (or the DLC) but it's tough on a lower level build
I could not imagine going to ailing loran on a low level build. That undead giant is a huge pain in the ass and probably nigh impossible with the BoM cause he hits hard and has a lot of range. I don't even know where the first arcane gem even is. I'm very close to fighting amelia but haven't found one yet.

I could not imagine going to ailing loran on a low level build. That undead giant is a huge pain in the ass and probably nigh impossible with the BoM cause he hits hard and has a lot of range. I don't even know where the first arcane gem even is. I'm very close to fighting amelia but haven't found one yet.

Arcanes are on the lost woods as far as I remember

Ghazi

Got Ebriates down to a couple hits and got instakilled, fuck. I'm out of vials, bullets, bolt paper, and bone marrow ash now.

E: Gave up on the solo dream, summoned someone, we killed Ebriates!

Arcanes are on the lost woods as far as I remember

The first arcane gem you can get is the fire gem after you drop down the hole at the healing church workshop, next to the brainsucker. After that you can get some ok (6-7%) bolt and fire gems from the beasts in nightmare frontier. I just wanted to get to the first boss of Ailing Loran on my lvl 65 build, as far as I understood it drops some decent gems, but like I said I can't get past that lower undead giant. I tried the beckoning bell but got nothing. Do I need to open the chalice or is it fine to co-op as is?

I got some success with my LHB 2H stance - basically jumping attacks and backing off, with a lot of patience - but he one shots me with his scythe slash or spinning chain attack

His third phase is insane. I'm going to need to see a vid of where that gem is. I think I ran out of there too fast cause I got ambushed and couldn't explore that area too much cause I was just too low level and nervous regarding that place.

wiibomb

omg.. I can't believe I took down the abhorrent beast on the first try..

the thing hits really hard and I found it quite more intelligent on attacks than most bosses in the game

myco666

I have never +10 the blades I have mine on my level 176 character at +9 I have no idea what to +10 on that character for ng++ it's either the Burial Blade or blades of mercy.

BoM is really worthwile to upgrade to +10. It has really good damage. I really haven't tried Burial Blade at all since you need to beat the game to get it. Rather have weapon earlier and not after everyone is already dead.

I made a new character for a skill build. I'm planning on using the blades of mercy.

Should I kill the crow to get them early? Right now. I'm at Vicar Amelia. I've been using the cane till this point.

I made a new character for a skill build. I'm planning on using the blades of mercy.

Should I kill the crow to get them early? Right now. I'm at Vicar Amelia. I've been using the cane till this point.

It depends, you can wait till you kill Rom and get the weapon plus a rune to quick stamina regen or get it early

Essay

I just polished off this game for my first-ever achievement-era Platinum/100%. Yo.

Coming back from a several-month break from BB, the Defiled and Lower Loran bosses were fun as sin to barely-scrape-by against.

I wrapped it up with the endgame
Gehrman --> Moon Presence gauntlet
in epic-enough fashion. Had no idea that
the latter could disable my vial-use
which drove me to actually dodge forward more aggressively to end the fight fast
once I teetered one-hit-away from death, unable to heal
. Worked out on the first try, but in a much more intense way than any of the other Souls games' final acts.

I'll definitely keep this LVL115 Kirkhammer build going through the DLC, but hopefully they add another STR or STR+ARC weapon that I can wield with SKL =<10. Otherwise, my spare Bloodrocks are just going into my Tonitrus and side-arms. Until then, figure I'll pick up DS2:SotFS to see what changed from vanilla and if PVP is still kicking.

Renewed

I entered the Forest of w/e after floundering about trying to find where to go. Got the shortcut back to the lamp and now I realize I can't keep pumping points into Strength. I guess I'll do this evenly.

Also I tried bring arcane up to 15 to try that quickening thing and the roar. I don't think this was worth it...

I entered the Forest of w/e after floundering about trying to find where to go. Got the shortcut back to the lamp and now I realize I can't keep pumping points into Strength. I guess I'll do this evenly.

Also I tried bring arcane up to 15 to try that quickening thing and the roar. I don't think this was worth it...

Roar can reflect any type of projectiles, even magic. The shell is usefull for arcane buff too for a little extra damage to undead people

Manu

12208805_10208149217638103_4839264913007881220_n.jpg

Man, cooping with two other people and just going ape on bosses is awesome.

Renewed

Found Shadow of Yharnam... took out the physical attacker and the ranged attacker. Holy shit, I wasn't expecting that at the end. Took out the last one by locking them against the huge gravestone and just going nuts lol

Roar can reflect any type of projectiles, even magic. The shell is usefull for arcane buff too for a little extra damage to undead people

I'll give it another chance, after all I'm only getting started lol

wiibomb

I just checked and I'm at 5 trophies for the plat of this game, I'm actually surpriced at how much I advanced into this game.. so much I didn't realize I was so close for the plat.

guess I'll get the plat and start a new character to get to the DLC

omg.. I can't believe I took down the abhorrent beast on the first try..

the thing hits really hard and I found it quite more intelligent on attacks than most bosses in the game

Wait until you get to the Bloodletting Beast.

Absolute cunt of a fight. Although, to be honest, it felt like I was fighting with the camera more than the boss.

I killed Yarnham in my first try. And the boomerang guy. Surprisingly easy those two.

Ghazi

I just checked and I'm at 5 trophies for the plat of this game, I'm actually surpriced at how much I advanced into this game.. so much I didn't realize I was so close for the plat.

guess I'll get the plat and start a new character to get to the DLC

I'm only three away myself! I have to get to the end of Chalice dungeons for one of them, if I'm understanding it correctly, which is going to be terrible since I know they're hard and I don't really understand how Chalice dungeons work.

cheesekao

I'm only three away myself! I have to get to the end of Chalice dungeons for one of them, if I'm understanding it correctly, which is going to be terrible since I know they're hard and I don't really understand how Chalice dungeons work.
0PgTwku.jpg

Please note that the lower loran info is slightly off. You need to search for two red jellies there.

Also, you can only buy red jellies after creating the great pthumeru ihyl chalice.

RiggyRob

If you meet the str requirements, you can start using the cannon with BMA - it's good. Just remember to use blood bullets

I ended up getting it to +8 and using it against Micolash and Mergo's Wet Nurse, it was pretty decent but then I didn't find them all that hard either. I ended up using the gun less and less as it seemed like enemies/bosses weren't being staggered, so a lot of the time I just keep my Hunter's Torch/Flamesprayer out.

---

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of the game. Mergo's Wet Nurse is dead and the Nightmare has been Slain, The Hunter's Dream is on fire, and Gehrman's asking me to submit my life or refuse.

I know I dun fucked up regarding endings, since I sent Arianna to Iosefka's Clinic and killed Iosefka early, so I've only got 2/4 Umbilical Cords. If I use them now, will the effects carry over to NG+? Someone said that the items themselves don't carry over, so I might as well use them just for the Insight.

Currently trying to think of all the loose ends: Willem should still be around in Byrgenwerth so I'll murder him for his rune; I can't fight the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst since I killed Eileen; Gascoigne and Viola's daughters are both dead since I gave the younger one the Red Jeweled Brooch and the older one the Red Messenger Ribbon; Queen Annalise is safe but effectively useless since I'm playing offline; Alfred is dead, the Lonely Old Woman is dead, Arianna is dead, the cannibal is dead but the suspicious man, Adella and the chapel dweller should still be alive (need to check the Cathedral Ward); I found the Blood Rock (just need to decide what to use it on) and the upgraded Moon rune (although I don't know why they'd give you it right at the end of the game, and I'm not sure what the increase in Blood Echoes actually is, is it +10/+15%?); and the last weapon I think I can get is the Chikage, so I'll need to do some grinding for both itself and the levels to use it.

The last thing I can think of is the white bride outside the Wet Nurse's Lunarium, who I'm assuming is Mergo's mother, and she disappeared after killing Mergo's Wet Nurse - any tips as to where she can be found, or is she gone forever?

Also, what the fuck was up with the giant Mother Brain in Mergo's Loft? I just found a lever and ended up dumping it into a massive pit, is stopping the Frenzy in front of Mergo's Loft all that did?

cheesekao

Also, what the fuck was up with the giant Mother Brain in Mergo's Loft? I just found a lever and ended up dumping it into a massive pit, is stopping the Frenzy in front of Mergo's Loft all that did?
There will be a lift in the room with the butcher lady(nearby the scrubs that don't attack you) that allows you to travel down to the brain. Use the make contact sign in front of it for like a minute and u will get a rune that boosts your blood echo gain rate. After that, kill it to get a living string.

myco666

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of the game. Mergo's Wet Nurse is dead and the Nightmare has been Slain, The Hunter's Dream is on fire, and Gehrman's asking me to submit my life or refuse.

I know I dun fucked up regarding endings, since I sent Arianna to Iosefka's Clinic and killed Iosefka early, so I've only got 2/4 Umbilical Cords. If I use them now, will the effects carry over to NG+? Someone said that the items themselves don't carry over, so I might as well use them just for the Insight.

Currently trying to think of all the loose ends: Willem should still be around in Byrgenwerth so I'll murder him for his rune; I can't fight the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst since I killed Eileen; Gascoigne and Viola's daughters are both dead since I gave the younger one the Red Jeweled Brooch and the older one the Red Messenger Ribbon; Queen Annalise is safe but effectively useless since I'm playing offline; Alfred is dead, the Lonely Old Woman is dead, Arianna is dead, the cannibal is dead but the suspicious man, Adella and the chapel dweller should still be alive (need to check the Cathedral Ward); I found the Blood Rock (just need to decide what to use it on) and the upgraded Moon rune (although I don't know why they'd give you it right at the end of the game, and I'm not sure what the increase in Blood Echoes actually is, is it +10/+15%?); and the last weapon I think I can get is the Chikage, so I'll need to do some grinding for both itself and the levels to use it.

The last thing I can think of is the white bride outside the Wet Nurse's Lunarium, who I'm assuming is Mergo's mother, and she disappeared after killing Mergo's Wet Nurse - any tips as to where she can be found, or is she gone forever?

Umbilical Cord effects won't carry to NG+ so you need to collect them again.

If you equip all 3 Moon runes and go around Mensis you get around 70k+ echoes everytime so if you want to do some grinding you should use them.

White Bride is located in
Ihyll Chalice as she is the Queen of Yharnam

Well that is the biggest thing it did but now you can go to the area with the Mergo's Attendants. There is now a lift to 'abyss' you should use and once you reach down do the 'Make Contact' gesture in front of Brain. You can also kill it for Chalice material.

Ferr986

Seems like the level for coop/pvp keeps going up with time?

I remember my lvl 80 character having more action both for coop and pvp than my 120 but nowadays the 80 character takes ages for anything and the 120 one is almost instant.

wiibomb

Wait until you get to the Bloodletting Beast.

Absolute cunt of a fight. Although, to be honest, it felt like I was fighting with the camera more than the boss.

I killed Yarnham in my first try. And the boomerang guy. Surprisingly easy those two.

But.. I already fought the bloodletting beast, it was on the loran chalice dungeon, I think, it was the first no? I already finished the Abhorrent Beast from that dungeon even.

Well in any case, I'm starting the defiled chalice dungeon, guess it will be a total pain to finish

But.. I already fought the bloodletting beast, it was on the loran chalice dungeon, I think, it was the first no? I already finished the Abhorrent Beast from that dungeon even.

Well in any case, I'm starting the defiled chalice dungeon, guess it will be a total pain to finish

There's a headless version as well! Most fun

wiibomb

Holy shit.. the watchdog of the old lords from the defiled chalice dungeon is wrecking me hard... 2 attacks and I'm dead, one charge and I'm dead, and don't even dare to get in the way of a multiple hit combo

Top Bottom