• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

myco666

I'm kinda in the same position... this watchdog won't go down easily

Edit: omg.. i defeated after an incredibly well played session.. this dungeon is fucking difficult

Defiled Chalice is hardest thing in the game when going for platinum. Next boss will destroy your spirit.

Okay I take back everything I've said about Ebrietas being easy. Fuck that charge attack and reach on those tentacles. Took a hour or so but managed to beat her. Fast charge attacks melt her health super fast.

RiggyRob

That's awesome.

Top page hype
SolidReliableArcticduck.gif

Just fought Bloodletting Beast in Lower Pthumeru, that slow wind-up and lightning punch being a one hit KO is bullshit.

Since my game's pretty much fucked at this point, I've been going round and murdering everyone - executed Willem and got the Eye rune, which would be cool if you could pick up multiple Coldbloods from enemies but otherwise it's meh, Adella's dead and the rune she gives you is ok but unfortunately I got the better version from killing Iosefka early, the suspicious man gives you Pungent Blood Cocktails, which I've never used so they're worthless to me, but the worst is the chapel dweller.

"Please... All I ever wanted to do was help people..." - too sad, man. Even worse, at first I thought I'd be putting him out of his misery as he was upset at the old woman dying, but after killing the suspicious man he just starts cowering and putting up his hands to protect himself in a pitiful state. He really must be the only good person in Bloodborne.

manfestival

while I have always enjoyed the souls games. There is something even more special about bloodborne. It truly is GOTY quality. The artwork is fantastic and everything just feels more challenging than the other titles(dark souls was the easiest for me by far)

myco666

Just fought Bloodletting Beast in Lower Pthumeru, that slow wind-up and lightning punch being a one hit KO is bullshit.

Since my game's pretty much fucked at this point, I've been going round and murdering everyone - executed Willem and got the Eye rune, which would be cool if you could pick up multiple Coldbloods from enemies but otherwise it's meh, Adella's dead and the rune she gives you is ok but unfortunately I got the better version from killing Iosefka early, the suspicious man gives you Pungent Blood Cocktails, which I've never used so they're worthless to me, but the worst is the chapel dweller.

"Please... All I ever wanted to do was help people..." - too sad, man. Even worse, at first I thought I'd be putting him out of his misery as he was upset at the old woman dying, but after killing the suspicious man he just starts cowering and putting up his hands to protect himself in a pitiful state. He really must be the only good person in Bloodborne.

You really killed Chapel Dweller? You are a bad man like real bad. He sure is only actually good person in Bloodborne unless there is some secret lore I don't know about making him a monster also.

Logarius down. He was much easier than I remember. Managed to beat him first go (the fog door is when I tried him really early few months ago).

I don't remember it being a one hit ko in Lower Pthumerian, isn't that depth 4. I know it's insta death in depth 5 chalices though.

wiibomb

Defiled Chalice is hardest thing in the game when going for platinum. Next boss will destroy your spirit.

You won't believe it... but I just defeated after about 7 tries, and the best part is that I didn't use a single blood vial.

Before going with this Amygdala I went and defeated the one in nightmare frontier, after quitting for some time and coming back to analyze it, i accidentally discovered a method that I could use well.. I used it there and the first time using it I won in nightmare frontier, and then it worked pretty nice here.

Can't believe this defiled nightmare is over.

You won't believe it... but I just defeated after about 7 tries, and the best part is that I didn't use a single blood vial.

Before going with this Amygdala I went and defeated the one in nightmare frontier, after quitting for some time and coming back to analyze it, i accidentally discovered a method that I could use well.. I used it there and the first time using it I won in nightmare frontier, and then it worked pretty nice here.

It's not like the next part is cake walk... I didn't have much issues with defiled chalice. A boss in the Pthumerian Ihyll chalice messed me up real good.

myco666

Surprised considering you had lost of trouble beating the NF version or so I remember. Good job! Ihyll bosses are going to be way more aggressive but they wont kill you with one or two hits so I would say they are easier. Good luck on that!

Hardest chalice for me, the next one is harder but it cant instant kill you

Damn, I finally found my groove on this thing and forgot to click the automatically archive my broadcast setting. Kicked fucking ass this time too.

wiibomb

Surprised considering you had lost of trouble beating the NF version or so I remember. Good job! Ihyll bosses are going to be way more aggressive but they wont kill you with one or two hits so I would say they are easier. Good luck on that!

Indeed, I deeply suffered because I had the wrong approach (I mean, an approach that didn't click much with me), but then when I discovered that I could wait for Amy to drop its hands, things got a lot different.

I just got the 2 red jelly from the Great Isz Chalice, now I'm going for the living string and I'll see if I can try to get that trophy.

Juan29.zapata, make it easy on yourself: Get your weapon to at least +2 by farming the wolfman type enemies that drop shards, a few runs through will get you enough to upgrade plus a nice stock of blood vials, bullets and souls. Level up with the souls and buy some molotovs and maybe a few oil urns.

Good advice from Manu about cheesing him through the graves, even the saw cleaver will work, extended is safer. When he transforms use the music box, oil urn and molotov him whilst he's stunned, then 2 more molotovs will finish the job, just keep your distance, bait an attack and throw the molotov. Easy mode Gascoigne.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What weapon are you using? With a weapon with long reach like the Hunter Axe or the Threaded Cane you can hit him through the graves, making the first part of the fight a cakewalk.

That weapon on the cover of the game (I keep forgetting its name).

That weapon on the cover of the game (I keep forgetting its name).

The hunters cleaver, welp, Cleaver is good against him but you need to upgrade it to really shine against him. Try to always be behing the graves and him so you can use the heavy attack safely while the graves acts as a shield, when Father G enters his second phase your weapon will deal more damage but he is more dangerous, try to kite him everytime, one hit and go back till you see a window.

https://secure.twitch.tv/settings

Maybe that link will work? but essentially go to your settings on twitch, Channel & Videos Tab and theres an option to archive in there. I'm not sure if you have to do something on your PS4 as well settings wise since you seem to broadcast from your PS4 directly
Yeah I eventually got it working thanks. Had a little bit of an NG++ boss rush. Why is it a lot easier to do NG++ than it is to do NG?
http://www.twitch.tv/jadedwriter/v/26038610

BumRush

Stopped playing NG+ 4-5 months ago because VA was destroying me (maybe died 10-12 times in a row). Went back to my game tonight to get ready for the DLC and beat her on the first try. Feels good.

Stopped playing NG+ 4-5 months ago because VA was destroying me (maybe died 10-12 times in a row). Went back to my game tonight to get ready for the DLC and beat her on the first try. Feels good.
For a future tip Amelia hates the flamesprayer. Knocked her out of her healing with that thing quickly.

wiibomb

Okaaay... finally in the third layer of the Pthumerian Ihyll dungeon...

Just Yharnam left and that precious trophy is miiine

but I have to work.. gotta get it tomorrow... I think I got traumatized after seen that bloodletting beast

RiggyRob

You really killed Chapel Dweller? You are a bad man like real bad. He sure is only actually good person in Bloodborne unless there is some secret lore I don't know about making him a monster also.

That's the thing, he drops the Formless Oedon rune when he dies, and the only other people to drop non-covenant runes are beasts or Church members, and it's established that Oedon is a Great One, so he must be a worshipper to live in Odeon Chapel.

It's possible that he was an apprentice of Willem and retained his sanity after losing his sight, but you have to question what put him into that deformed state so he looks like the swamp dwellers.

Next time around I'll save everyone possible, which'll be tricky concerning Alfred.

I don't think I got a Blood Rock when I defeated Yarnham. Fucksticks.

How would I go about fighting her again? Would I need to gather all the materials again and crate a new dungeon, or is there a way to reset the one I already have?

I don't think I got a Blood Rock when I defeated Yarnham. Fucksticks.

How would I go about fighting her again? Would I need to gather all the materials again and crate a new dungeon, or is there a way to reset the one I already have?

I don't believe you can? Make another dungeon with this code:

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Great+Pthumeru+Ihyll+Chalice

For higher chances of co-op with the Fextralife community, create your Pthumerian Ihyll dungeon to unlock it, then join Fextra Pthumeru Ihyll dungeon via this Glyph: egn5rrdj

i just did dungeon search with this code and worked, better chance of co-op :)

BLOOD ROCK Locations

Only one blood rock can be obtained from the main game per playthrough. It is found near Nightmare of Mensis: Middle Loft
A total of three others can also found in sarcophagus chests depth 5 root chalice dungeons (One in each type; Pthumeru, Loran, and Isz)
There is also a chance of one dropping from the final boss of any depth 5 root chalice dungeon. HEHEHE :)

myco666

That's the thing, he drops the Formless Oedon rune when he dies, and the only other people to drop non-covenant runes are beasts or Church members, and it's established that Oedon is a Great One, so he must be a worshipper to live in Odeon Chapel.

It's possible that he was an apprentice of Willem and retained his sanity after losing his sight, but you have to question what put him into that deformed state so he looks like the swamp dwellers.

Next time around I'll save everyone possible, which'll be tricky concerning Alfred.

He is actually easy to save unless you really want that wheel badge. Just don't give the letter to him.

All bosses beside the last one done with newest build. 8 hours and around lvl 65. Really liking Reiterpallasch but I still think Cane is much better only because of the whip mode. Reiterpallasch transformed R2 (shot) feels really useless unless you have really high BT but you need rather high Skill for the melee to be good.

He is actually easy to save unless you really want that wheel badge. Just don't give the letter to him.

All bosses beside the last one done with newest build. 8 hours and around lvl 65. Really liking Reiterpallasch but I still think Cane is much better only because of the whip mode. Reiterpallasch transformed R2 (shot) feels really useless unless you have really high BT but you need rather high Skill for the melee to be good.
Reitter is a pain to fight with unlocked unless you have it transformed and in that mode you can't even do a charge attack.

Playing again to get warmed up for the DLC. I went with the kirk hammer this time and holy shit, that thing is amazing. I cant believe how many goobers it 1 shots with charged r2. DLC cant come soon enough.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have the Music Box by any chance?

Yeah, but I only get some hit points on him before he proceeds to fill me with holes. Or he just does that before I can finish playing the song. If he turns I pretty much get fucked in less than 3 minutes.

Another thing is that I don't understand why I'd transform my weapon considering it's slower and gets less hitpoints.

myco666

Reitter is a pain to fight with unlocked unless you have it transformed and in that mode you can't even do a charge attack.

What is this unlocked fighting you talk about?

Regular R2 is good for crowd control and decent attack if you are not using lock-on.

edit.
Yeah, but I only get some hit points on him before he proceeds to fill me with holes. Or he just does that before I can finish playing the song. If he turns I pretty much get fucked in less than 3 minutes.

Another thing is that I don't understand why I'd transform my weapon considering it's slower and gets less hitpoints.

You use Saw Cleaver? Transformed version has longer reach and is much better for crowd control in general.

wiibomb

depending on the weapon you have, you might need to either change or make a new strategy, every weapon has an use for both forms and has advantages over each, also take in mind that not every weapon is suitable for everything.

for example, the saw cleaver transformed mode or the threaded cane (my favorite) whip mode can take entire crowds with just the swipe since it covers a wide area and also staggers a lot of enemies.

with father gascoigne, you either take a safer approach or use a new strategy altogether, try to always find different ways of doing things, if one way doesn't work, think before entering again for a new or refined strategy, one I personally used a lot is to make a lot of visceral attacks to it, they deal a lot of damage and until its beast form, he will easily fall for one.

also, I recommend to take some time and check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxi_w6jwRg

Transformed cleaver have a hidden bonus against monsters

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The hunters cleaver, welp, Cleaver is good against him but you need to upgrade it to really shine against him. Try to always be behing the graves and him so you can use the heavy attack safely while the graves acts as a shield, when Father G enters his second phase your weapon will deal more damage but he is more dangerous, try to kite him everytime, one hit and go back till you see a window.

Damn, don't tell me I fucked myself from the beginning.

I always try to side-step him, but the fucking tombs always get in my way, and they seem to multiply. I swear every hit he does destroy a ton of tombs, but I somehow manage to get stuck in them. Thanks for the reply.

You use Saw Cleaver? Transformed version has longer reach and is much better for crowd control in general.

Yeah, I've realized that recently. Thanks.

depending on the weapon you have, you might need to either change or make a new strategy, every weapon has an use for both forms and has advantages over each, also take in mind that not every weapon is suitable for everything.

for example, the saw cleaver transformed mode or the threaded cane (my favorite) whip mode can take entire crowds with just the swipe since it covers a wide area and also staggers a lot of enemies.

with father gascoigne, you either take a safer approach or use a new strategy altogether, try to always find different ways of doing things, if one way doesn't work, think before entering again for a new or refined strategy, one I personally used a lot is to make a lot of visceral attacks to it, they deal a lot of damage and until its beast form, he will easily fall for one.

also, I recommend to take some time and check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxi_w6jwRg

Thanks for the video, turns out I had it saved since the game released but totally forgot about it with the passing of the months.

Transformed cleaver have a hidden bonus against monsters

Thanks for the replies guys. I suppose the best suggestion to give with the Souls series is to literally git gud.

Top Bottom