• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Damn, don't tell me I fucked myself from the beginning.

I always try to side-step him, but the fucking tombs always get in my way, and they seem to multiply. I swear every hit he does destroy a ton of tombs, but I somehow manage to get stuck in them. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've realized that recently. Thanks.

Thanks for the video, turns out I had it saved since the game released but totally forgot about it with the passing of the months.

Thanks for the replies guys. I suppose the best suggestion to give with the Souls series is to literally git gud.
Learning how to clip attacks through walls and other shit is part of the process. Have fun luring things to doors they can't get through and attacking them at the door, it's a legit strategy I swear.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Does the repeating pistol have a good staggering power?

Learning how to clip attacks through walls and other shit is part of the process. Have fun luring things to doors they can't get through and attacking them at the door, it's a legit strategy I swear.

Amazing, gotta do that.

Nightmare Frontier is such an apt name for this location. Between chasing bell maidens down before an adversary spawns to avoiding poison, frenzy, and curse at every corner, this place is the perfect sort of "homestretch" as the game draws to a close.

I find it really gorgeous, though.

wiibomb

Nightmare Frontier is such an apt name for this location. Between chasing bell maidens down before an adversary spawns to avoiding poison, frenzy, and curse at every corner, this place is the perfect sort of "homestretch" as the game draws to a close.

depending on where you are you can really call it nightmare..

because.... there is no true nightmare until you see a winter lantern, I assure you (don't look it up on internet if you haven't it is a true sight to behold, lol)

because.... there is no true nightmare until you see a winter lantern, I assure you (don't look it up on internet if you haven't it is a true sight to behold, lol)

You mean those assholes who sprint at you and cause frenzy as long as you're in their line of sight?

Yeah, been there. Gave me the hibby-jibbies. I hate things that move abnormally fast.

Renewed

All the things that could have killed me in there and it had to be that. Freaked me out when I saw it, and lost 60,000 echoes after getting across that poison nonsense qq

wiibomb

All the things that could have killed me in there and it had to be that. Freaked me out when I saw it, and lost 60,000 echoes after getting across that poison nonsense qq

oh I lost more than 200 000 when I saw her... my goodness, not only is freaking horrifying, it also kills fast as fuck

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been able to do a single front stab, I swear I'm close enough to the enemy while they are staggered.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
what do you mean about "stab"? and which enemy? father gascoigne? with him, keep your distance always, unless you find an opening and you know you can hit hit

The distance doesn't even matter that guy single jumps ahead and fucking destroys me with the consecutive hits. EDIT: But I meant with enemies in general. EDIT 2: With stab I mean that thing you do after enemies are staggered/stunned where you mash R1 a lot to get a move that does a lot of damage.

wiibomb

The distance doesn't even matter that guy single jumps ahead and fucking destroys me with the consecutive hits.

mash O when he does that, you can save your life, you just need to be quick on it. about the staggers, it is very tricking, but you need to not only be in front of him, but also almost touching it, being near is not enough, you character must be "touching" gascoigne for it to work.

I always quickstep forward to short the distance quickly before he can recover

You mean those assholes who sprint at you and cause frenzy as long as you're in their line of sight?

Yeah, been there. Gave me the hibby-jibbies. I hate things that move abnormally fast.
Nightmare Frontier is what I imagine hell to look like.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
mash O when he does that, you can save your life, you just need to be quick on it. about the staggers, it is very tricking, but you need to not only be in front of him, but also almost touching it, being near is not enough, you character must be "touching" gascoigne for it to work.

I always quickstep forward to short the distance quickly before he can recover

Crap, thanks.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I DID IT, MOTHERFUCKER. I FUCKING DID IT. THANKS GUYS.

wiibomb

did you feel that? that all-mighty sensation about overcoming a mountain? This is one of the strongest aspects of bloodborne.

now, use what you learned, and push forward.. there are far more interesting nightmares you may want to see

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
did you feel that? that all-mighty sensation about overcoming a mountain? This is one of the strongest aspects of bloodborne.

now, use what you learned, and push forward.. there are far more interesting nightmares you may want to see

Congrats.

Thanks guys, I can't wait to see what happens next.

BTW, should I save Coldblooded Dew and the Thick Dew for something? Or should I use it and get Blood Echoes?

wiibomb

Thanks guys, I can't wait to see what happens next.

BTW, should I save Coldblooded Dew and the Thick Dew for something? Or should I use it and get Blood Echoes?

pretty up to you, just take in mind that these items are the only safe way to store blood echoes for later use, if you use it, they become the same blood echoes you have, therefore you can lose them if you lose before retrieving them

Yay you finally beat the tutorial.

EDIT

Imagined so, but considering I want to spend some blood echoes, I'll use them. BTW, can I create these cold-blooded dew? Or some way to store the blood echoes

The little blood echoes things? use them there is no point of saving them right now to buy weapons bosses echos are more likely for level up your char

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
pretty up to you, just take in mind that these items are the only safe way to store blood echoes for later use, if you use it, they become the same blood echoes you have, therefore you can lose them if you lose before retrieving them

Imagined so, but considering I want to spend some blood echoes, I'll use them. BTW, can I create these cold-blooded dew? Or some way to store the blood echoes

Yay you finally beat the tutorial.

Shit.

Shit.
You can either save them up or use them but don't die. No you can not store your echoes. Have fun with whatever your next boss is. Unless it's the witches you're going to be on it for a bit.

wiibomb

You can either save them up or use them but don't die. No you can not store your echoes. Have fun with whatever your next boss is. Unless it's the witches you're going to be on it for a bit.

I just realized that the witches can very well be the second boss with not so much effort. For me it seems so very distant, much more closer to Rom

this game keeps showing more and more possibilities..

I just realized that the witches can very well be the second boss with not so much effort. For me it seems so very distant, much more closer to Rom

Yep, difficulty wise the witches could be the second boss, pretty helpful to do Witches first since you can get the runes tool early, followed by Old Yharman Boss then Amelia

I have to tackle them before Amelia it's like ritual or something at this point.

I have to tackle them before Amelia it's like ritual or something at this point.
It's like your mind doesn't allow you to break habit. I haven't played Bloodborne in a while but I can't wait to be active with everyone again. The launch OTs were magnificent. Can't wait to see what Miyazaki has in store for us.

It's like your mind doesn't allow you to break habit. I haven't played Bloodborne in a while but I can't wait to be active with everyone again. The launch OTs were magnificent. Can't wait to see what Miyazaki has in store for us.
More because when I did do amelia before them on ng+ it was a hell match.

They are usually my second boss after Gascoigne. I often forget about Cleric Beast and end up coming back when it's way too easy, and Amelia I leave until I've done everything else since it's a point of no return story/NPC-wise right, like Rom - it progresses the night (iirc?)

Edit - wait I forgot about that thing that poisons you at the end of Old Yarnham, I think I usually do that second! >_< - Witches third then!

Loved this game. Ploughed through and got my platinum (where's that exclusive theme for Platinum trophy holders, Sony? ;) )... now I'm waiting for the DLC in a week.

I'm still undecided on whether I want to start a new build for the DLC or just continue NG+ with my current and go find the DLC from there once it's released.

I really wish this game had some sort of "soul vessel" for me, as I'd love to give a bloodtinge build with the chikage/evelyn.

I've been reading Lovecraft while concurrently playing the game. It has got me super exited for the DLC.

The Lovecraftian influence in this game made it really special for me. It helps to differentiate it from the souls games in another way and just feels so fresh and different.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

nope, no way, lose twice before retrieving and they are lost forever

I imagined so. Anyway, suppose I'll upgrade my health, stamina, and skill. Maybe strength. Thanks, guys.

I feel like reading some Lovecraft as well.

Manu

Well, that's it for this character until the expansion hits. Just arrived in Byrgenwerth (didn't kill Rom, just in case), lvl 53.

See you next week.

I imagined so. Anyway, suppose I'll upgrade my health, stamina, and skill. Maybe strength. Thanks, guys.

I feel like reading some Lovecraft as well.

The more you level up, the more they're useful to keep in bunches... so if you're close enough to getting that extra level but are short 1000, 3000, 5000 echoes, you can just pop a few cold/thick/whatever blood and then spend your echoes before you head back into the fray. Especially before you're about to take on a boss...

Also works well for when you need a few echoes for anything, really, not just leveling. (Out of bullets/blood/whatever, unlock a new weapon, need a few souls to upgrade your weapon, etc.)

They're the functional equivalent of the usable items that grant you specific amounts of souls in the Dark Souls series (old proud soul, old knight soul, etc.).

The naming convention takes some getting used to though.

Renewed

Barely any progress today. Got my frenzy resistance up to 530 and found Messenger's Gift. Bumped slow poison res up for this nonsense poison area. Might have found the boss but died running through a poison cave maze....

Went back to find clips of fighting Amelia and Shadow of Yharnam.

For the folks interested in some fantastic cosmic horror that I feel has heavily inspired this game, check out Clark Ashton Smith, he was a fantastic writer. He wrote some things for weird tales and the Cthulhu mythos. My favorite line by him is "and the evil of the stars is not as the evil of earth" from my favorite short story, The Beast of Averoigne.

http://www.eldritchdark.com/writings/short-stories/11/the-beast-of-averoigne

I have been fascinated about lovecraft works before BB, seeing his unflience plastered all over the game was an amazing feeling for me. Too bad there are no books in spanish where I live

wiibomb

Omg... I got my platinum, can't believe I got a platinum from this game.

To be honest I thought it would be impossible to get given the difficulty the souls games are famous for.

Manu

Omg... I got my platinum, can't believe I got a platinum from this game.

To be honest I thought it would be impossible to get given the difficulty the souls games are famous for.

Platinum trophies in Souls games aren't hard, just very grindy.

That's why Bloodborne is the only one where I bothered.

(Congrats, by the way!)

Platinum trophies in Souls games aren't hard, just very grindy.

That's why Bloodborne is the only one where I bothered.

(Congrats, by the way!)

Exactly, the last "harder" thopies/achievements are time consuming rather than just being difficult. But hey it was so fun to die to those one hit KO bosses or those scumbaf traps on the chalices right? right?.

Manu

Exactly, the last "harder" thopies/achievements are time consuming rather than just being difficult. But hey it was so fun to die to those one hit KO bosses or those scumbaf traps on the chalices right? right?.

zcNP4gG.png

So much fun.

Top Bottom