• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

I used Stake Driver for NG++. It is a fun weapon but the transformed R2 charge has very minimal uses as it takes super long to charge and depletes all of your stamina. That attack hits like a truck though if you manage to hit with it. Actually there was one time where I got invaded in Mensis and the invader waited me at top of the boss elevator and when I got up the invader hit me with the charge killing me instantly. I think I have it even recorded.
What's it scale with? I'd probably have to build another character to get the most out of it.

I used Stake Driver for NG++. It is a fun weapon but the transformed R2 charge has very minimal uses as it takes super long to charge and depletes all of your stamina. That attack hits like a truck though if you manage to hit with it. Actually there was one time where I got invaded in Mensis and the invader waited me at top of the boss elevator and when I got up the invader hit me with the charge killing me instantly. I think I have it even recorded.

Used that weapon on chalices, bad for clearing waves of enemies but super useful on big single targets

myco666

Oh no, I don't think I could beat ML easily at all, even as OP as I was on NG+ when I fought him, he got me good on some times.

and I want to also battle him with the LW, I want to get the weapon ASAP to kill the bosses with that weapon.. may be even carry it to the DLC

Well if you want ASAP then yeah just kill him. Checked the gallery and couldn't find the video. I have video of using it against Micholash though so might want to check that?

What's it scale with? I'd probably have to build another character to get the most out of it.

C/C with Str/Skill so if you have character with 25-30 in both Str and Skill it would be at its best I guess.

Used that weapon on chalices, bad for clearing waves of enemies but super useful on big single targets

Basically yeah. It feels more like a PVP weapon than PVE.

To try out I guess? You could always just start a new character and dedicate to it considering you get it really early.
I saw your Micolash vid and it might not suit my play style. I like having more distance between me and my targets. The Blades of Mercy may be close in but at least they're pretty quick and effective. I might try it one day and I'll probably pair that with something else. Maybe after I see what the weapons the dlc add in scale with and see how those play. Might be good paired with that heavier chain whip.

wiibomb

Well if you want ASAP then yeah just kill him. Checked the gallery and couldn't find the video. I have video of using it against Micholash though so might want to check that?

it does effectively double the damage of the other mode charge attack, worth it if one has the time to get that critical.

also...

"The Nightmare swirls and churns unending"

that would be a perfect OT title for the DLC... Micolash is such a good voiced character

RiggyRob

Very productive and successful day today - pimmsy has met Eileen the Crow, picked up the Saw Spear, unlocked the gate next to Viola's daughter and gained the Tiny Music Box, upgraded the Cane to +1, performed her first successful intentional parry(!) against the Brick Troll outside Cleric Beast and met Cleric Beast itself, so now she can level up.

I'm just getting her to pump up her Vitality for the time being, as starting with 15 Skill is pretty high for a new character and I feel she'll benefit more from being able to survive attacks and recover than doing slightly more damage. I can also see her abusing Bold Hunters Marks a lot as she feels like she needs to do something with the Blood Echoes she picks up before she has a chance to die and lose them.

It'll be interesting to see how many tries Cleric Beast takes her...

Very productive and successful day today - pimmsy has met Eileen the Crow, picked up the Saw Spear, unlocked the gate next to Viola's daughter and gained the Tiny Music Box, upgraded the Cane to +1, performed her first successful intentional parry(!) against the Brick Troll outside Cleric Beast and met Cleric Beast itself, so now she can level up.

I'm just getting her to pump up her Vitality for the time being, as starting with 15 Skill is pretty high for a new character and I feel she'll benefit more from being able to survive attacks and recover than doing slightly more damage. I can also see her abusing Bold Hunters Marks a lot as she feels like she needs to do something with the Blood Echoes she picks up before she has a chance to die and lose them.

It'll be interesting to see how many tries Cleric Beast takes her...
True test is Father G. Reading these should be fun. Too bad you didn't tell her about the two Madman's Knowledge in that level so she could level up earlier, but I guess that's a pro strat. Leveling up skill increases visceral damage too though, so the better she gets better at viscerals the more she's going to want that to pay off, but that'll come in due time though. I didn't really start using BHM's till I started doing the chalices more. The deeper you get into those damn things the less you want to backtrack to the lantern. At least with the main game the shortcuts are thrown in there pretty well.

myco666

I saw your Micolash vid and it might not suit my play style. I like having more distance between me and my targets. The Blades of Mercy may be close in but at least they're pretty quick and effective. I might try it one day and I'll probably pair that with something else. Maybe after I see what the weapons the dlc add in scale with and see how those play. Might be good paired with that heavier chain whip.

The untransformed moveset is basically the same as BoM. The low reach is why I don't really care for it or BoM that much. Sometimes I really want to have some space between enemy and me.

it does effectively double the damage of the other mode charge attack, worth it if one has the time to get that critical.

also...

"The Nightmare swirls and churns unending"

that would be a perfect OT title for the DLC... Micolash is such a good voiced character

Yeah it is pretty great if you have the time to charge it.

Micholash is my favorite boss mostly because the fight is an event more than a fight. The VO is so good.

wiibomb

cross posting from the DLC thread:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

12240132_678268572316300_2841747337043934156_n.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I highly suspect the DLC will take place at the grand cathedral, because of the ascending ladders of the DLC trailer as well as the shot from the clock at the end of the trailer

The untransformed moveset is basically the same as BoM. The low reach is why I don't really care for it or BoM that much. Sometimes I really want to have some space between enemy and me.

Yeah it is pretty great if you have the time to charge it.
The Blades are quick and are actually good at taking care of enemies with no super armor. That and I just love stun locking enemies into oblivion.

I highly suspect the DLC will take place at the grand cathedral, because of the ascending ladders of the DLC trailer as well as the shot from the clock at the end of the trailer

Yes, its the clock tower you see on the begining, but since this DLC is technically two dlc I wonder if more zones will be incluyed outside the tower and Ludwing himself.

There is also a castle on the Hemwicks Area too

Only makes sense if the DLC explains how Ebrietas even ended up there.

It's an orphanage. Ebreitas is the Daughter of the Cosmos and the One left behind.

Maybe she's there willingly. They are sympathetic to humans. Plus she seems to be mourning another Rom-esque thing. Maybe she wanted to give them her blood to make a new surrogate, but it died too.

wiibomb

Maybe Micolash asked and was driven insane by the great ones answer.

we already know that he used a third umbilical cord to forcibly ascend to the nightmare realm, he and his scholars at the school of mensis, but since the bodies of all are pretty rotten I wonder if that happened long time ago and Rom was just hiding the effects of the ritual he performed.

he was driven insane by the effects of being at a superior plane, being more intelligent means being more close to be a madman in bloodborne.

klee123

Wow, the Doll's Japanese voice is really good.

Whilst the English voice is still my preferred version, really impressed with the Japanese VA.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Whilst the English voice is still my preferred version, really impressed with the Japanese VA.

Is Japanese voice going to come with the DLC? Or was it patched in recently?

Had such a great session last night.

Was carefully making my way through Forbidden Woods, dropping shiny coins so as not to lose my way...
Then end up in an
underground poison swamp filled with naked giants and horrible leech things
Grab the items and escape up a ladder, only to end up
all the way back in Central Yharnam.

10 hours ago I had no idea where that gate went. Now my mind is blown.
Currently poking around inside
Iosefka's Clinic

In the process I got a couple of key items cryptically implying that I should go back and explore other areas more carefully.
So excited to jump back in and check them out, but not sure whether to confront
Iosefka
first.

Man, this game is great.

New NPC/Antagonist(?). People are speculating that he's going to have a hand in PVP, since he's supposed to be some sort of bellringer. From the reddit thread:

Within this transient world, old hunters who have been trapped, wander, seeking beasts. One of those is ブラドー (Buradoo, hell if I know how to romanise a name like that, so feel free to add your own input). Wearing the skin of a suspicious beast, and holed up inside a darkened room, he is a bell-ringing man. The drifting aura he exudes is by no means kind.

Jesus, visceral'd ailing loran BSB 8 times to the face straight and that didn't even get him down to 1/2 of his health. This is going to take some time, it's hard to avoid not getting one shotted as it is.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Anyone have any idea when the DLC wills start? I know it's supposed to be early, but how early? I might just go up to Vicar and call it good. If we're at guesses, I'd say somewhere near Blood Starved

myco666

Anyone have any idea when the DLC wills start? I know it's supposed to be early, but how early? I might just go up to Vicar and call it good. If we're at guesses, I'd say somewhere near Blood Starved

Only information is that we will get access to it in the first half of the game meaning somewhere before SoY/Rom. Few places that come to my mind where the enterance will be are the trap door at Byrgenwerth and Amygdala at Oedon Chapel (similiar transition as NF).

What's your skill stat at? Also helps to have the increased visceral damage rune too.

29 or 30 at that point, but my weapons are "only" +7 so that probably lowers it a bit. Got him though, after many tries. Then summoned two guys that made it a breeze to clear layer 3 and the pre-boss bonus area and finished off by crushing Abhorrent Beast in a couple of minutes. Co-oping chalices is just so good.

Haven't passed Rom in the main game yet so no visceral ATK bones runes available. In depth 5 lower loran now, but if I keep going I'm worrying I might be too overleved on this character for the DLC now :/ Depth 4 CDs just nets you so many echoes.

29 or 30 at that point, but my weapons are "only" +7 so that probably lowers it a bit. Got him though, after many tries. Then summoned two guys that made it a breeze to clear layer 3 and the pre-boss bonus area and finished off by crushing Abhorrent Beast in a couple of minutes. Co-oping chalices is just so good.

Haven't passed Rom in the main game yet so no visceral ATK bones runes available. In depth 5 lower loran now, but if I keep going I'm worrying I might be too overleved on this character for the DLC now :/ Depth 4 CDs just nets you so many echoes.
Oh damn. I'm probably many levels below you and I'm at about 27 skill, haven't even beaten the Shadows of Yharnam yet I've just finished the Hintertomb chalice, but I'm too afraid to go into Lower Pthumeru at level 63. I honestly wish the DLC was coming out tomorrow cause I feel like I'm over leveled for the current portion of the game I'm at. I rolled right through Paarl after I got the timing better for the front dodges. Having arcane fire damage on the +6 LHB just made him too easy.

Oh damn. I'm probably many levels below you and I'm at about 27 skill, haven't even beaten the Shadows of Yharnam yet I've just finished the Hintertomb chalice, but I'm too afraid to go into Lower Pthumeru at level 63. I honestly wish the DLC was coming out tomorrow cause I feel like I'm over leveled for the current portion of the game I'm at. I rolled right through Paarl after I got the timing better for the front dodges. Having arcane fire damage on the +6 LHB just made him too easy.

I'm at loran darkbeast now, the last boss of lower loran, and I think this is my stopping point right now. Fire arcane modified LHB +7 does barely anything and I just can't outlive him when I do this amount of damage. Anyway, I came here for some arcane gems and I have found a couple of decent fire and bolt ones at around 15% or so. It'll do for now!

Huh? WHAT? I thought the game had no Japanese voice acting. Where can I listen to it?

Anyway, do we know already where we will find Constable Bucket-Head that comes with the new patch?
The patch does arrive tomorrow, right?

silva1991

Huh? WHAT? I thought the game had no Japanese voice acting. Where can I listen to it?

Anyway, do we know already where we will find Constable Bucket-Head that comes with the new patch?
The patch does arrive tomorrow, right?

He should be near the elevator near the first lamp in forbidden woods.

Top Bottom