• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

zcNP4gG.png

So much fun.
That motherfucker can go eat 1000 dicks.

RiggyRob

Just slayed Micolash on the first go. Think I'm over leveled.

It's tight though.

Probably not, Micolash is piss-easy. Interesting to have a boss that runs away from you and teleports through mirrors if you have a lot of Insight though.

---

Well, the journey is over. Gehrman is
dead, I made kissy faces with a moon alien and now I'm the new Gehrman. Gehrman himself is kinda lame, he'll just walk straight into your Tiny Tonitrus bolts, but the anime style teleporting and air-bending was pretty cool and the Burial Blade scythe form is sick.

Great game, slides nicely into my top 5 with Metroid Prime, Bioshock and The World Ends With You. Even better, the missus was half-watching me play and now she wants to have a go herself, so I've set her up on a Professional Skill build since she wants to use fast weapons.

Is the patch for the League coming out at the same time as the DLC? I've also been debating whether I should secretly buy the DLC and see if she stumbles upon it so she'll discover something entirely new...

myco666

Probably not, Micolash is piss-easy. Interesting to have a boss that runs away from you and teleports through mirrors if you have a lot of Insight though.

---

Well, the journey is over. Gehrman is
dead, I made kissy faces with a moon alien and now I'm the new Gehrman. Gehrman himself is kinda lame, he'll just walk straight into your Tiny Tonitrus bolts, but the anime style teleporting and air-bending was pretty cool and the Burial Blade scythe form is sick.

Great game, slides nicely into my top 5 with Metroid Prime, Bioshock and The World Ends With You. Even better, the missus was half-watching me play and now she wants to have a go herself, so I've set her up on a Professional Skill build since she wants to use fast weapons.

Is the patch for the League coming out at the same time as the DLC? I've also been debating whether I should secretly buy the DLC and see if she stumbles upon it so she'll discover something entirely new...

There is no confirmation on The League patch but I would assume it comes same day as DLC or couple days earlier.

zcNP4gG.png

So much fun.

So goooood. Still on this dude on my lvl ~65 arcane character but he's a lot fun as since you can barely make a mistake and some of his follow up attacks can be tough to read, and they hit hard as fuck. Need to limit my vial usage to just a few per fight now, can't be arsed to go grind for more at this point. I'm up to Byrgenwerth on 4 different characters atm so this is what I'll keep doing until the DLC hits... hopefully I can kill him before that.

The circle button.

lol! very true

I went for the saw cleaver, it's very useful against the first few bosses and then rushed forbidden woods -> cainhurst, basically running past all enemies there and got to logarius with a saw cleaver +3. By then I mostly focused my echoes on skill and vit. Co-oping him can help

wiibomb

Platinum trophies in Souls games aren't hard, just very grindy.

That's why Bloodborne is the only one where I bothered.

(Congrats, by the way!)

I actually liked a lot this platinum.

this is the kind of platinum trophies I like to do, because it doesn't require me to fill some incredibly difficult task or complete the game on X difficulty just because of a trophy, on bloodborne, these trophies are needed to truly find everything in the game, from visiting areas, to find the weapons and even defeating bosses, these trophies are actually meaningful to get all this game has to offer. I'm glad I explored everything I could

Huh, I didn't realize insight affected him. Mine is pretty high, I think it's creeping on 100. I've got a lot of stamina so that I can swing blow after blow with the transformed holy blade. In the fight against Micolash, that stamina allowed me to chase him down and land heavy blows when he rounded corners. By the time I got him in the final room, I'd already cut him down to 1/3 of his health. I think just jumped in his face and swang 4 or 5 times and the dude was dead.

Creepy environment, that fight. The fog, the haunting dialog.
I've really enjoyed climbing Mensis. The elevator cage to Micolash is so badass. I love the verticality of Mensis.

Hey guys, finally going back to this game (my first From Software game) before the DLC. I just got the Hunter rune and have a question. Since it is a covenant rune, does it effect anything outside of the listed stat change? Like will it effect anything online such as how often I get invaded/who I can co-op with, etc? I ask because the effect seems nice but I'm not a PvP guy at all and would rather avoid it if I can.

The circle button.

Your gun

Or build up another stat (skill) and use skill weapons like threaded cane

lol! very true

I went for the saw cleaver, it's very useful against the first few bosses and then rushed forbidden woods -> cainhurst, basically running past all enemies there and got to logarius with a saw cleaver +3. By then I mostly focused my echoes on skill and vit. Co-oping him can help
Thanks. I don't want skill to be too high. Is the repeating pistol the best choice if I level bloodtinge from the start?

That's the thing. I'm worried I won't be able to make it to Cainhurst with just bloodtinge .

Thanks. I don't want skill to be too high. Is the repeating pistol the best choice if I level bloodtinge from the start?

That's the thing. I'm worried I won't be able to make it to Cainhurst with just bloodtinge .

You'll still want some skill when using the chikage as only the transformed mode scales with BT. Getting to Cainhurst isn't that bad at base level, and using a weapon that's good against beasts will make CB/BSB and Amelia slightly easier. Just use a serrated weapon and fire paper if possible. From the forbidden woods and onwards it's basically just running to the shortcut to grab the summons and you'll be fine - even in Cainhurst you can avoid most enemies if you feel like it.

You'll still want some skill when using the chikage as only the transformed mode scales with BT. Getting to Cainhurst isn't that bad at base level, and using a weapon that's good against beasts will make CB/BSB and Amelia slightly easier. Just use a serrated weapon and fire paper if possible. From the forbidden woods and onwards it's basically just running to the shortcut to grab the summons and you'll be fine - even in Cainhurst you can avoid most enemies if you feel like it.
Cool. Thanks. Will do this after I level my skill character.

The Cainhurst enemies can technically be fought, granted I've at least had level 50 something characters in there and managed to be pretty efficient in killing. Only died once because I got caught in an insta kill grab attack by one of the screaming headless women. Only hard things in Cainhurst are technically the bloodlickers and those damn worms at the bottom of that hill.

Hey guys, finally going back to this game (my first From Software game) before the DLC. I just got the Hunter rune and have a question. Since it is a covenant rune, does it effect anything outside of the listed stat change? Like will it effect anything online such as how often I get invaded/who I can co-op with, etc? I ask because the effect seems nice but I'm not a PvP guy at all and would rather avoid it if I can.

If youre ever looking to connect with someone Via the password system take the Hunter Rune off. You can be summoned as an adversary into their world and vice-versa. If you just do random co-op without a password it wont have an affect. Other than that no the rune doesnt affect how much you can be invaded, thats entirely governed by whether or not you have a bell maiden present.

Do you all think I should just go ahead and beat the game and start and NG+ for The Old Hunters... or should I just pause where I'm at (Mergo), and wait for the DLC?

My fear is that if I start an NG+ game, its going to take me ages to get to the point in the game where the DLC beings (I don't have a lot of time these days to devote to video games).

Right now I'm lvl 90... how hard should I expect NG+ to be? Harder than the original play through, or should it be a cake walk considering I now know how to play the game?

wiibomb

Do you all think I should just go ahead and beat the game and start and NG+ for The Old Hunters... or should I just pause where I'm at (Mergo), and wait for the DLC?

My fear is that if I start an NG+ game, its going to take me ages to get to the point in the game where the DLC beings (I don't have a lot of time these days to devote to video games).

Right now I'm lvl 90... how hard should I expect NG+ to be? Harder than the original play through, or should it be a cake walk considering I now know how to play the game?

after I finished yesterday the platinum trophy, I started a freshly new character to get to byrgenwrth before killing Rom, we all are kinda supposing the DLC will be around there, and if it isn't there, then may be it will not be much further from it. also it keeps the character on par with the level needed for the new area, not too high, not too low

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So, guys, what do you suggest me to use, Hunter Axe, Threaded Cane or Kirkhammer?

I actually liked a lot this platinum.

this is the kind of platinum trophies I like to do, because it doesn't require me to fill some incredibly difficult task or complete the game on X difficulty just because of a trophy, on bloodborne, these trophies are needed to truly find everything in the game, from visiting areas, to find the weapons and even defeating bosses, these trophies are actually meaningful to get all this game has to offer. I'm glad I explored everything I could

Maybe due the lack of covenant achievements and the other collectibles are quite short but yes the trophies are not intrusve or forcing you to change your gameplay but rewards you for exploration and do the optional content.

I'll post this here too

Bloodborne - November 20th, 2015 Update - First gameplay Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMZp8kY01jg

That japanese voice for the Doll <3

So, guys, what do you suggest me to use, Hunter Axe, Threaded Cane or Kirkhammer?
Cane seems to always be my mainstay weapon. Spin2Win Axe isn't bad, but after Gascoigne battle I forgot it even existed and it's still only at like +1 or something. Kirkhammer is good but it's damage is inconsistent and it's charge attack has limited range in transform mode, plus it just bounces off everything and can't be clipped through the environment.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking more at a skill build, so I think I'll go with cane, thanks!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Or, what do you suggest me to focus? I don't want my ass handed to me. Should I go for a strength build?

wiibomb

Or, what do you suggest me to focus? I don't want my ass handed to me. Should I go for a strength build?

don't worry about levels too much, bloodborne is a lot more focused on the git gud, you need to master the enemy and the levels are a second thought, the only real life saver is a larger health bar, but even that will grow over time.

I finished my game with the threaded cane as my main weapon, just ignored the axe or cleaver so don't worry about it, it is incredible, work for almost everything if you find how to use it, and the distance you can keep with the whip is actually a lot helpful to avoid getting hit.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, thanks! That 'welp' had me worried for a second there hahaha.

wiibomb

Maybe due the lack of covenant achievements and the other collectibles are quite short but yes the trophies are not intrusve or forcing you to change your gameplay but rewards you for exploration and do the optional content.

with those trophies it would be the perfect platinum to uncover everything from the game, but even then it is not a lot, so I can't complain, this platinum is worth

I read there was a kind of PS4 Theme for those with the platinum, is that correct?

Is your first run? Play the way you want, Test all the weapon you find, dont go directly to the boss, explore. There a few weapons dedicated to one stat until to go to the middle part of the game but be careful the +3 to +6 upgrade where you are is quite rare so dont upgrade all the weapons you find, just the ones you like.

with those trophies it would be the perfect platinum to uncover everything from the game, but even then it is not a lot, so I can't complain, this platinum is worth

I read there was a kind of PS4 Theme for those with the platinum, is that correct?

I heard about a free theme but didnt checked out to be honest. If you preorder the DLC on the PS4 you get a theme too

Alright, thanks! That 'welp' had me worried for a second there hahaha.
I even used the Cane to put down most of the harder chalice dungeon bosses, it's great, it's paired nicely with the Blades of Mercy in my opinion. I used the Cane to even beat Defiled Watchdong. It's the only weapon I've used on it any way and it allows you to hit the head from a safe distance reliably.

wiibomb

Is your first run? Play the way you want, Test all the weapon you find, dont go directly to the boss, explore. There a few weapons dedicated to one stat until to go to the middle part of the game but be careful the +3 to +6 upgrade where you are is quite rare so dont upgrade all the weapons you find, just the ones you like.

this.

play without many guides or tips, go and smack your head, come back here for help when you get stuck for too much time somewhere, you will find you start to get better a everything once you have enough time with the game.

Gascoigne is actually one of the hardest bosses just for the pure fact of being so aggressive to the novices in the game, don't worry too much,

play without many guides or tips, go and smack your head, come back here for help when you get stuck for too much time somewhere, you will find you start to get better a everything once you have enough time with the game.
Agreed.

I played portions of the game blind, and portions of the game with guides.... and the portions I went into blind were certainly a better experience. There is a lot of trial and error playing blind, but the sense of discovery/accomplishment far out weighs the punishing mistakes you are bound to make.

My blind playthrough through Upper Cathedral Ward, the Nightmare Frontier, and The Nightmare of Mensis has been intense.

Ufff, Upper Cathedral was nuts with those brainsuckers.

\o_
_o_
_o/
It's manageable if you have a weapon that will kill the brainsucker on the other side of the starter door. I think one time I didn't and I was in a world of pain...A WORLD OF PAIN. Spent half the time mashing the circle button trying to roll out of an incoming grab attack only to get sucked off and thrown back onto the ground and having the process begin all over again.

myco666

yeah, when the beasts
cause the chandiler to fall down and the room goes dark...
took me a few tried to get through that area. I couldn't see shit until it was on top of me.

Easy way to deal with the beasts. Aggro them run back through the door. They can't go through it so you can kill them easily by poking.

UCW isn't really all that bad if you use the corners to block the stun spam and surprise brainsuckers by attacking them immediately they are visible. You can even attack through walls killing all of them without too much hassle.

myco666

Wait you can kill all of them through the walls? I thought it was just the main one with the key?

Pretty much yeah. The ones that patrol you can just wait around the corner and once they are close enough you can attack through the wall. Then there is the one that is in front of the door that leads to 'Make Contact' and you can either backstab him or aggro and backtrack through the small door and attack through the wall.

Pretty much yeah. The ones that patrol you can just wait around the corner and once they are close enough you can attack through the wall. Then there is the one that is in front of the door that leads to 'Make Contact' and you can either backstab him or aggro and backtrack through the small door and attack through the wall.
I think I've gotten used to using a Blue Elixir and some bolt paper paper to clean up the upstairs area. Makes pretty short work of them, but I never tried luring the ones downstairs to a corner and killing them through a wall, hopefully I remember that.
From this, it's safe to say the new guy is the male voice from the trailer. Looks like Constable Buckethead and Djura would not get along if they met.
In some ways, he's scarier than Alfred...but at least you know what you're getting I guess.
I just listened to his dialogue again, constable buckethead definitely makes his hate known.

myco666

I think I've gotten used to using a Blue Elixir and some bolt paper paper to clean up the upstairs area. Makes pretty short work of them, but I never tried luring the ones downstairs to a corner and killing them through a wall, hopefully I remember that.

I just listened to his dialogue again, constable buckethead definitely makes his hate known.

I used Blue Elixir first time yesterday. Never knew how good that stuff it is for some places.

Seriously this game is way too addictive. Just as I finished my latest build I immediately started new one concentrating on Kirkhammer and I am already past FG. I guess I will finish this game atleast once more before DLC hits.

Top Bottom