• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

chunk3rvd

Thinking of running a new build before the DLC hits rather than breezing through it with the level 100+ character I used to get my plat. That guy was a quality Ludwig build - nothing exciting but did the trick. Was thinking of trying the Chikage/Evelyn combo for something different but what's the best way to get there while keeping my level as low as possible?

Guessing Cainhurst/Logarius is the biggest roadblock. What's the best weapon to get me past there? Was tempted by Threaded Cane since 15 skill will be my best offensive stat to start (if I opt for a professional)

ZeroRay

Thinking of running a new build before the DLC hits rather than breezing through it with the level 100+ character I used to get my plat. That guy was a quality Ludwig build - nothing exciting but did the trick. Was thinking of trying the Chikage/Evelyn combo for something different but what's the best way to get there while keeping my level as low as possible?

Guessing Cainhurst/Logarius is the biggest roadblock. What's the best weapon to get me past there? Was tempted by Threaded Cane since 15 skill will be my best offensive stat to start (if I opt for a professional)

Just did something like that myself. Though I was level 50.

Cainhurst isn't that bad after running through the courtyard. Best bet is to use Evelyn and get your parry game up against Logarius. His first form is probably the biggest roadblock at a low level, after that you just need to time your shots and watch out for the sword rain. Remember that you can parry him in midair when he's flying down, charging at you.

I used Blue Elixir first time yesterday. Never knew how good that stuff it is for some places.

Seriously this game is way too addictive. Just as I finished my latest build I immediately started new one concentrating on Kirkhammer and I am already past FG. I guess I will finish this game atleast once more before DLC hits.
I've used them in some of the higher level dungeons. You'll be surprised what you use in there to try to gain an advantage.

Ghazi

I kept getting spotted when using Blue Elixir, even when standing still. I might've tried it out on the Winter Lanterns, though, dunno if they can see through that.

I kept getting spotted when using Blue Elixir, even when standing still. I might've tried it out on the Winter Lanterns, though, dunno if they can see through that.

Huh, they can see you , the point of the elixir is you dont aggro them so easily and you do less noise

Good point. I'm on NG+ and have breezed through the chalices so far -- with 3 moon runes equipped...might be time to change that up.
Yeah eventually the chalices catch up to your level and you have to start playing a bit differently. I usually always have a visceral, visceral replenishes health and usually a damage reduction rune with the blood vials give more health covenant rune as my set up unless I really have to switch it up.

RiggyRob

The trials and tribulations of pimmsy begin!

The missus spent an hour and a half on the beginning area today to unlock the shortcut next to Gilbert's house, it was quite endearing to see her rage about dying 30 times.

She's still getting the hang of locking onto enemies, timing her attacks and managing her stamina all together, and she keeps insisting on doing a fully charged R2 attack, despite me starting her with the Threaded Cane because the R1 attacks are quick, but to be fair she's doing a lot better than I would've expected for someone who's never played a game where you control the camera on the right stick before.

The trials and tribulations of pimmsy begin!

The missus spent an hour and a half on the beginning area today to unlock the shortcut next to Gilbert's house, it was quite endearing to see her rage about dying 30 times.

She's still getting the hang of locking onto enemies, timing her attacks and managing her stamina all together, and she keeps insisting on doing a fully charged R2 attack, despite me starting her with the Threaded Cane because the R1 attacks are quick, but to be fair she's doing a lot better than I would've expected for someone who's never played a game where you control the camera on the right stick before.
Hopefully she learns that fully charged attacks are only something you do when you have the space to get away with it, or when you sneak up on the enemy. Good to hear she didn't drop it instantly though.

spliced

I've come back to BB after plating SotFS and I'm surprised at how it felt at first, the 60fps of SotFS was so smooth that BB felt like about 15fps at first and like a slower style game even though it's faster. The rolling is so different too it's so fast and springy I feel like Bugs Bunny. After playing for a bit I'm mostly adjusted now. I just have the
isz chalice and the submit ending
left for plat, but I also need the practice because I assume the DLC will be pretty tough if the past is anything to go by.

Finally killed the lower Undead Giant. Holy shit that took a long time and many many many tries. It's good though, at the end I had seen his attacks so many times that I managed to get him down without using more than a few vials (that fucking kick tho...). It's such a big difference doing these lower chalices after half of NG rather than on the tail end of NG+ like I did before. Surprisingly managed to summon a co-op partner for both the remaining bosses so I blasted through Rom and Bloodletting Beast on the first try, thank fuck.

So, reaching Ailing Loran and getting some arcane gems, realized that even the stronger versions don't do much for me at this point. They're waning so they only go on my LHB and the amount of physical damage I lose vs the elemental damage I get from them make it seem like it's not worth it at all. Hoping for some cool arcane weapons in the DLC that I can slot these into to make more of an impact.

Running the chalices with a decent amount of arcane is good for drops though - I have like 130 shards at this point lol

RiggyRob

Hopefully she learns that fully charged attacks are only something you do when you have the space to get away with it, or when you sneak up on the enemy. Good to hear she didn't drop it instantly though.

She's got the hang of sneaking up on stationary enemies that are facing away from her and using the charged R2 to get a visceral attack in, and she's mostly using the charged R2 on enemies that are walking straight to her and will get hit by it, she's just keeping it held down instead of letting go earlier and avoiding getting hit.

She does have the tendency to use items to deal with situations she doesn't like e.g. Molotovs on enemies that travel in groups, which is fine usually until she starts running out of them. She doesn't have a lot of practice at parrying either (she'll learn eventually), so she's using the pistol as a long range pebble that travels in a straight line to draw enemies away.

It's just fascinating to see how another person deals with the problems you faced before in a completely different way.

photo_2015-11-18_14-1o0jgz.jpg

O.O

wiibomb

OMG... a machine gun... going full Djura then.. that's all I could ask for this game, and they have been delivering a lot

I'm now wondering how much bullets will that consume, I mean, 20 bullets are not enough for a machine gun

BumRush

Yeah eventually the chalices catch up to your level and you have to start playing a bit differently. I usually always have a visceral, visceral replenishes health and usually a damage reduction rune with the blood vials give more health covenant rune as my set up unless I really have to switch it up.

Thanks for your advice. Rom went down without a fight! It's amazing how much runes and garb really matter.

myco666

OMG... a machine gun... going full Djura then.. that's all I could ask for this game, and they have been delivering a lot

I'm now wondering how much bullets will that consume, I mean, 20 bullets are not enough for a machine gun

Probably works like flamesprayer as in 1 QS Bullet equals few shots from that thing but it doesn't make enemies go to visceral state. Atleast this is how I would see it working without being way too OP or spending bullets too fast.

If youre ever looking to connect with someone Via the password system take the Hunter Rune off. You can be summoned as an adversary into their world and vice-versa. If you just do random co-op without a password it wont have an affect. Other than that no the rune doesnt affect how much you can be invaded, thats entirely governed by whether or not you have a bell maiden present.

Alright that helps a lot. Thanks.

wiibomb

Are the pthumeru chalice dungeons the only ones you need to get the platinum?

ha ha ha no..

you need about 6-7 chalice dungeons, and they get rreeeeeeaaaallly difficult..

EDIT: there's a guide about it, but my work has the page blocked

Probably works like flamesprayer as in 1 QS Bullet equals few shots from that thing but it doesn't make enemies go to visceral state. Atleast this is how I would see it working without being way too OP or spending bullets too fast.

I think I'm seeing that the hunter is holding the machine gun with both hands, so may be the nerf is there and we could actually make visceral attacks..

still, using the machine gun like the flamesprayer makes much sense

myco666

ha ha ha no..

you need about 6-7 chalice dungeons, and they get rreeeeeeaaaallly difficult..

EDIT: there's a guide about it, but my work has the page blocked

I think I'm seeing that the hunter is holding the machine gun with both hands, so may be the nerf is there and we could actually make visceral attacks..

still, using the machine gun like the flamesprayer makes much sense

Hunter has a Saw Cleaver on right hand in that picture.

She's got the hang of sneaking up on stationary enemies that are facing away from her and using the charged R2 to get a visceral attack in, and she's mostly using the charged R2 on enemies that are walking straight to her and will get hit by it, she's just keeping it held down instead of letting go earlier and avoiding getting hit.

She does have the tendency to use items to deal with situations she doesn't like e.g. Molotovs on enemies that travel in groups, which is fine usually until she starts running out of them. She doesn't have a lot of practice at parrying either (she'll learn eventually), so she's using the pistol as a long range pebble that travels in a straight line to draw enemies away.

It's just fascinating to see how another person deals with the problems you faced before in a completely different way.
I think seeing how other people tackle the game is part of the fun of the game. I've never really gotten into watching other people play games the same way I've gone in with Bloodborne. Hell I've never even streamed anything till I started playing this game for the fourth time. Hopefully somebody stumbles upon one and learns something from it the same way that I have.
Thanks for your advice. Rom went down without a fight! It's amazing how much runes and garb really matter.
Glad I can help. Giving advice and tips is definitely part of the fun.

Just reached Chalice Rom on my Threaded Cane run

I think im here too early lol

I guess its finally time to progress the campaign a bit more before i go deeper. Going to have to come up with an effective way to kill rom. I have a few ideas

SoldnerKei

so, wondering what is another fun build for a new game run, wanna try out the DLC on NG before doing it with my other chars, I have a STR/DEX char, Ludwig Sword +10 and Cannon, and the other is a Chikage/Evelyn build(I wanted to try it out :'D)

which other builds you find fun to play? I was planning an Arcane build, but you get most stuff on the second half of the game, so not sure about that one

myco666

so, wondering what is another fun build for a new game run, wanna try out the DLC on NG before doing it with my other chars, I have a STR/DEX char, Ludwig Sword +10 and Cannon, and the other is a Chikage/Evelyn build(I wanted to try it out :'D)

which other builds you find fun to play? I was planning an Arcane build, but you get most stuff on the second half of the game, so not sure about that one

My favorite build still is 50 Str and +10 Logarius Wheel. That weapon also has Arcane bonus so you could put points into Arcane and get to use atleast some of the tools.

wiibomb

My favorite build still is 50 Str and +10 Logarius Wheel. That weapon also has Arcane bonus so you could put points into Arcane and get to use atleast some of the tools.

I'm so tempted to go for the logarious wheel, but when I used it back in my first character didn't seem as powerful it seemed to hit.

guess it was because I had a lot of points in skill and that helped LHB and the Cane scale more

SoldnerKei

Haven't try LW, mostly because I think it looks hilarious xD, but since I like STR characters more I'll give it a try, I guess 15 point arcane for the buff is a Standard for most builds heh

I have been doing some chalice dungeons while waiting for the DLC too, but I get bored of those rather quickly, everytime it feels almost the same, getting to fight those extra bosses is neat thou.

Just leveled my arcane to 15..... beast roar seems pretty awesome so far.
Can I deflect Ebrietas' AoE rain attack with beast roar?
I don't know about that but it's great help if you're surrounded by enemies. It's also helpful in PvP where people try to rush and get all in your face.

I might be wrong but you should be able to deflect them. Need help with Bria?
Nah, I'm past her... I was just spending some time last night with the small resonance bell helping people out with Ebrietas. Just dawned on me beast roar would be a good way to deflect her spell.

Thanks for the offer though. Mergo is the last boss i've got prior to the endgame... but i'm waiting till the DLC to finish the game (for the first time).

Nah, I'm past her... I was just spending some time last night with the small resonance bell helping people out with Ebrietas. Just dawned on me beast roar would be a good way to deflect her spell.

Thanks for the offer though. Mergo is the last boss i've got prior to the endgame... but i'm waiting till the DLC to finish the game (for the first time).

Mergo's nurse is easy. You just need to run a lot.

myco666

I'm so tempted to go for the logarious wheel, but when I used it back in my first character didn't seem as powerful it seemed to hit.

guess it was because I had a lot of points in skill and that helped LHB and the Cane scale more

Well it is a Str weapon after all. Hits around 670 with every attack on my character. Would be even higher if I got my Arcane up and got some better gems but don't really feel like going through chalices again.

Well it is a Str weapon after all. Hits around 670 with every attack on my character. Would be even higher if I got my Arcane up and got some better gems but don't really feel like going through chalices again.
That Wheel and Stake Driver are the only melee weapons I haven't used before. Probably won't either.

myco666

That Wheel and Stake Driver are the only melee weapons I haven't used before. Probably won't either.

I used Stake Driver for NG++. It is a fun weapon but the transformed R2 charge has very minimal uses as it takes super long to charge and depletes all of your stamina. That attack hits like a truck though if you manage to hit with it. Actually there was one time where I got invaded in Mensis and the invader waited me at top of the boss elevator and when I got up the invader hit me with the charge killing me instantly. I think I have it even recorded.

wiibomb

I used Stake Driver for NG++. It is a fun weapon but the transformed R2 charge has very minimal uses as it takes super long to charge and depletes all of your stamina. That attack hits like a truck though if you manage to hit with it. Actually there was one time where I got invaded in Mensis and the invader waited me at top of the boss elevator and when I got up the invader hit me with the charge killing me instantly. I think I have it even recorded.

if you got that, I would love to check the video.. I haven't seeing much about that weapon

I'll focus on the LW this playthrough, so I might go and kill alfred on the entrance to Forbidden Woods..

shame I'll kill it :/

myco666

if you got that, I would love to check the video.. I haven't seeing much about that weapon

I'll focus on the LW this playthrough, so I might go and kill alfred on the entrance to Forbidden Woods..

shame I'll kill it :/

Will check my capture gallery if I have it.

You know you could just do Cainhurst really early. I beat ML with +3 Kirkhammer as I didn't want to kill Alfred to get the Wheel.

wiibomb

Will check my capture gallery if I have it.

You know you could just do Cainhurst really early. I beat ML with +3 Kirkhammer as I didn't want to kill Alfred to get the Wheel.

Oh no, I don't think I could beat ML easily at all, even as OP as I was on NG+ when I fought him, he got me good on some times.

and I want to also battle him with the LW, I want to get the weapon ASAP to kill the bosses with that weapon.. may be even carry it to the DLC

Top Bottom