• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

we already know that he used a third umbilical cord to forcibly ascend to the nightmare realm, he and his scholars at the school of mensis, but since the bodies of all are pretty rotten I wonder if that happened long time ago and Rom was just hiding the effects of the ritual he performed.

he was driven insane by the effects of being at a superior plane, being more intelligent means being more close to be a madman in bloodborne.

I still wonder if it was 2 years ago or 2 centuries ago. Seems like a lot of these developments and transformations would take years.

As far as I know Ebrietas was found on the Isz chalice by the Church as a form of a little slug, The church discovered the great ones and the use of blood incluence on the Phumerian with her and founded the Choir Church branch to take care of her in that chamber. While Bryenwerth and Micolash do their respective search but Ebrietas had other plans in mind, she slowly grow up and started to get into the Healing church members minds. When Wilhem knew this it was a little too late the Healing Church closed the gates and let Yharman die while ebritas summons all the human great one babies or she was the one who made the females pregnant all this time?.

I still wonder if it was 2 years ago or 2 centuries ago. Seems like a lot of these developments and transformations would take years.

The timeline is really confusing, we have Gehrman who in the history have lived centuries then was used as the Hunters Dream host, Eileen is an old lady but she is the last hunters of hunters not the first one. Micolash who is the only host in the game's night with the player Hunter but you can see several host before him and it looks like the church recently discovered the host mechanic. Djura who is old but no as old as old yharman I wonder when they decided to burn Old Yharman looks like it was a week ago but the locked door like like it was sealed by years .

Queen analise who is probably older than Gehrman alonside with the Executiones who arent a Hunter branch, they existed before the Hunters creation using the corrupted blood as a weapon against them yet Alfred looks pretty young to be part of the executioners and talks about Logarious incident like it was on the recent hunters nights era

Micolash who is the only host in the game's night with the player Hunter but you can see several host before him and it looks like the church recently discovered the host mechanic.

I'm interested in this theory. As I could tell, it seemed like much of the School of Mensis was sacrificed, whether body or soul, and used to create the One Reborn. I look at him as some sort of a failed Old One. But it also seemed like a necessary sacrifice to ascend to the nightmare. I didn't think of any of the other scholars as previous "hosts."

Also, akumu no aruji micoraashu, or 悪夢の主ミコラーシュ, translates closer to Master of the Nightmare which might not even imply it's HIS nightmare, but rather one he administers.

I'm interested in this theory. As I could tell, it seemed like much of the School of Mensis was sacrificed, whether body or soul, and used to create the One Reborn. I look at him as some sort of a failed Old One. But it also seemed like a necessary sacrifice to ascend to the nightmare. I didn't think of any of the other scholars as previous "hosts."

Also, akumu no aruji micoraashu, or 悪夢の主ミコラーシュ, translates closer to Master of the Nightmare which might not even imply it's HIS nightmare, but rather one he administers.

I am pretty sure the people living there were used against their will to create the sniper monsters and the One Reborn probably using the scholars as the host. Maybe they were trying to make their own moon presence since it required the bell maidens to summon it.

If you go to Mergo elevetor you can see more dead hosts proably used them to guard Mergo.

11148472_10155478122355475_5321442111128232770_n.jpg

Is kinda sad kowing his original body is already dead and he wont be able to be the host again but he was more worried about losing the knowleged he got from that night.

Well after a bunch of aimless wondering around I finally decided to look up a progress list, looks like I've defeated all the main and optional bosses leading up to the finale! Kept count of my deaths to each and every boss, here's the final tally:

Cleric Beast: 0
Father Gascoigne: 1
Blood-starved Beast: 0
The Witch of Hemwick: 0
Vicar Amelia: 0
Darkbeast Paarl: 0
Shadow of Yharnam: 0
Amygdala: 0
Rom, the Vacuous Spider: 0
Martyr Logarius: 3
The One Reborn: 0
Celestial Emissary: 0
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos: 1
Micolash, Host of the Nightmare: 0
Mergo's Wet Nurse: 0

Boss deaths total: 5

Haven't wandered into the Chalice Dungeons yet but overall, this is probably the easiest game in the series that I've played so far. The only other game I haven't played is Demon Souls. I'm hesitant to take on the final boss and start a NG+ because of the upcoming DLC. Do we have news on how far into the game you need to be to access the DLC when it hits?

I got 3 umbillical cords as well, is there a fourth I'm missing anywhere or am I all set?

Also, does anyone have any theories about the Brick Troll outside of Father G's window where his daughter splatted? He is the only Troll that speaks. He says "so cold, dear sister" when idling and "it's all your fault!" when attacking. It's odd. The first girl at the window only claims she lives with Mother, Father, and Grandfather. Then there is a sister. Then there is ONE troll outside who refers to a sister... idk. Not to mention Violet's (Father G's wife) body vanishes after completing the Nightmare of Mensis.

I have absolutely NO theories... but it's all very interesting.

wiibomb

As far as I know Ebrietas was found on the Isz chalice by the Church as a form of a little slug, The church discovered the great ones and the use of blood incluence on the Phumerian with her and founded the Choir Church branch to take care of her in that chamber. While Bryenwerth and Micolash do their respective search but Ebrietas had other plans in mind, she slowly grow up and started to get into the Healing church members minds. When Wilhem knew this it was a little too late the Healing Church closed the gates and let Yharman die while ebritas summons all the human great one babies or she was the one who made the females pregnant all this time?.

The timeline is really confusing, we have Gehrman who in the history have lived centuries then was used as the Hunters Dream host, Eileen is an old lady but she is the last hunters of hunters not the first one. Micolash who is the only host in the game's night with the player Hunter but you can see several host before him and it looks like the church recently discovered the host mechanic. Djura who is old but no as old as old yharman I wonder when they decided to burn Old Yharman looks like it was a week ago but the locked door like like it was sealed by years .

Queen analise who is probably older than Gehrman alonside with the Executiones who arent a Hunter branch, they existed before the Hunters creation using the corrupted blood as a weapon against them yet Alfred looks pretty young to be part of the executioners and talks about Logarious incident like it was on the recent hunters nights era

afaik, the healing church was founded by Laurence who parted ways with his master willem, after the scholars of byrgenwrth discovered the "holy medium" in the tombs bellow yharnam, that was a chalice which they used to get old blood from the Great Ones.

Laurence saw the potential and used it to form the healing church, still, the healing church saw that there was something wrong with the blood and it had the beast scourge as a secondary effect in some people, so the healing church was founded with 3 branches:
  1. The choir, who provided the church with old blood as well as a investigating more on the Great Ones and gaining insight, they keep they eyes closed as a remembrance of Master Willems oath, which they did not obey
  2. The Hunters who took the job of killing anyone showing the scourge of the best, they wear black attires for 2 purposes: hiding in the night, and also as a remembrance to the dark jobs and how hidden they should be.
  3. The school of mensis which was in the job of investigating the Great Ones, how to solve the Sourge of the Beast and also any other way to help the church ascend to a greater plane, like the Great Ones.

of course, we see in the game what each of them became, and after the Old Yharnam incident a different church was made, the church Ludwig founded, the Healing Worshop Church because Laurence could not predict that the Old Blood became over used and a hell lot of people became infected by "ashen blood" (the first symptom of the Scourge of the Beast)

The school of mensis then went terribly wrong since they seemed to have found a way to access the nightmare realm by the use of One Third Umbilical cord from the Great Ones, Micolash performed a ritual with it. All his scholars, as well as he himself parted to the nightmare realm, but the consequence of that ritual was a real hell on Yharnam, everyone, more than before, started transforming into beasts

BTW, queen analise seems to be of the same time as Queen Yharnam, because she recognizes the Betrothal ring, an artifact that was only used by the Pthumerians (presumably, Queen Yharnam used it)
The voice comes from the brushes, naughty.

it is a bug, that voice is the last seconds of a sound clip from one of the Yharnamites near Arianna's house

Well after a bunch of aimless wondering around I finally decided to look up a progress list, looks like I've defeated all the main and optional bosses leading up to the finale! Kept count of my deaths to each and every boss, here's the final tally:

Haven't wandered into the Chalice Dungeons yet but overall, this is probably the easiest game in the series that I've played so far. The only other game I haven't played is Demon Souls. I'm hesitant to take on the final boss and start a NG+ because of the upcoming DLC. Do we have news on how far into the game you need to be to access the DLC when it hits?

I got 3 umbillical cords as well, is there a fourth I'm missing anywhere or am I all set?
You can get 4 umbilical chords, but you only need 3.

Maybe is house on the opposite direction of the troll? since the troll is about to enter the house and the other villager is a female, the female stops talking right after you killed Rom and the ribbon last sidequest ends.

The Music Box you get from Father G's daughters is Mergo's boss theme, Both mothers used the same song to conformt their child. there is speculation about the dead girl just were taken by Oedon or have some connection with Mergo

Manu

Haven't wandered into the Chalice Dungeons yet but overall, this is probably the easiest game in the series that I've played so far.

That's seriously impressive.

You can get 4 umbilical chords, but you only need 3.

Now I just want to the fourth for completions sake!

That's seriously impressive.

Was shocked myself. Went in blind, but had heard a few nasty things about some of the bosses. I could see why Father Gascoigne would make a lot of newcomers quit, but keeping your distance and observing his attack patterns made beating him after the first death an easy process, he's easy to punish. Rom was another I heard people loathed, but his minions put up more of a fight then he does. Was a case of keeping my distance, watching his attacks and projectiles for a few minutes, then weaving through the spider packs and hitting him for big damage. He was a tad dissapointing after all the things I read about him.

Logarius on the other hand I had never heard anything about, now he was a tricky bastard who caught me off-guard a lot. Probably my favourite fight in the game by far, unless these last two bosses can sway me.

Maybe is house on the opposite direction of the troll? since the troll is about to enter the house and the other villager is a female, the female stops talking right after you killed Rom and the ribbon last sidequest ends.

The Music Box you get from Father G's daughters is Mergo's boss theme, Both mothers used the same song to conformt their child. there is speculation about the dead girl just were taken by Oedon or have some connection with Mergo

It's one of those things I'll never get any real answers for, but it's what sticks with me the most. Most things in this game go beyond "oversights," but maybe I'm making something out of nothing. Still. It just sticks in my brain. Did they have a sick son that imbibed in the blood? Or is he some unrelated child from another house? Idk. Why is it all our fault? Is he blaming us for showing the sister the truth that caused her suicide? WHY IS VIOLET'S BODY GONE?!

Actually, Father G is an Old Hunter. Maybe there is something there.

(as an afterthought. He's on your left at that door when you go down the ladder. is that the same house with the window? I'm having trouble mapping it in my head.)

Well which ones do you have? Dude Rom is a she and the chalice bosses....ugh...can be a pain in the ass. Just not till later for you since you put them off till the end of the game.

I have...

-One from that girl in the clinic bent over on an operating table,
-One from the Abandoned Workshop
-One after killing Mergo's Wet Nurse

BTW, queen analise seems to be of the same time as Queen Yharnam, because she recognizes the Betrothal ring, an artifact that was only used by the Pthumerians (presumably, Queen Yharnam used it)

Either of the same time or of the same bloodline. If we're to think Arianna is a descendent of Annalise (clothing and the portraits on the wall kind of hint at it) it might stand to reason that Pthumerian blood is required to be impregnated. Yharnam and Arianna both suffer from this, and Annalise desperately wants it / has knowledge of it.

wiibomb

(as an afterthought. He's on your left at that door when you go down the ladder. is that the same house with the window? I'm having trouble mapping it in my head.)

is he an Old Hunter? because I think only Henryk was, Gascoigned was later partnered with him, but was much younger than Henryk's

I saw that in a lore video with some clues

It's one of those things I'll never get any real answers for, but it's what sticks with me the most. Most things in this game go beyond "oversights," but maybe I'm making something out of nothing. Still. It just sticks in my brain. Did they have a sick son that imbibed in the blood? Or is he some unrelated child from another house? Idk. Why is it all our fault? Is he blaming us for showing the sister the truth that caused her suicide? WHY IS VIOLET'S BODY GONE?!

And Old Hunter who wasnt called alongside with the other Hunters, the player is the only person to be called in that night, I wonder why I know is for game mechanics but still.

He was at his limit yet he enter the hunting by himself. Also the red pendant is actually Blood.

Anyway, there is no correct answer so far the little girl got killed by the giant pig if you you dont give her the mon's pendant, then you give her ribbon to that suspicious girl who may or may not be his sister, the "sister" tried to go back to her house but got killed by the giant dude guarding the door.

Now that you mention it, she was looking a bit ill a while after I sent her to a safe haven...

RIP fourth cord

And Old Hunter who wasnt called alongside with the other Hunters, the player is the only person to be called in that night, I wonder why I know is for game mechanics but still.

He was at his limit yet he enter the hunting by himself.

Anyway, there is no correct answer so far the little girl got killed by the giant pig if you you dont give her the mon's pendant, then you give her ribbon to that suspicious girl who may or may not be his sister, the "sister" tried to go back to her house but got killed by the giant dude guarding the door.

RIP fourth cord

Hmm. I thought she leapt from her window after her whole family was slain. But the Troll being in utter denial for slaying his sister would work too, lambasting you for his own actions. Does he have dialog before you finish that quest?

Maybe the suspicious sister was from The Choir like Iosefska and meant to take the original daughter to the Orphanage.

wiibomb

Either of the same time or of the same bloodline. If we're to think Arianna is a descendent of Annalise (clothing and the portraits on the wall kind of hint at it) it might stand to reason that Pthumerian blood is required to be impregnated. Yharnam and Arianna both suffer from this, and Annalise desperately wants it / has knowledge of it.

I was thinking yesterday of something, Castle Cainhurst was born because impure blood was taken to the castle by a byrgenwrth scholar, and we know that annalise is an undead woman from the time of Queen Yharnam.

what about if the Holy Medium in the tombs got Byrgenwrth to get "old blood" by a "Queenly Flesh"? What if master willem was so afraid of the old blood because he saw the terrors in Annalise vileblood and how it corrupted the pthumerians? what about if all Castle Cainhusrt was just this "first old blood" that gave life to it?

I was thinking yesterday of something, Castle Cainhurst was born because impure blood was taken to the castle by a byrgenwrth scholar, and we know that annalise is an undead woman from the time of Queen Yharnam.

what about if the Holy Medium in the tombs got Byrgenwrth to get "old blood" by a "Queenly Flesh"? What if master willem was so afraid of the old blood because he saw the terrors in Annalise vileblood and how it corrupted the pthumerians? what about if all Castle Cainhusrt was just this "first old blood" that gave life to it?

So, you're asking if the eternal, tainted blood of Annalise could be the Oldest Blood? I think her blood would only be made special but communing with a Great One...

Maybe the decision was between her and Queen Yharnam and they chose the latter, which Annalise took as an insult. Quick question, though. How do we know Annalise is from Pthumerian times?

wiibomb

So, you're asking if the eternal, tainted blood of Annalise could be the Oldest Blood? I think her blood would only be made special but communing with a Great One...

Maybe the decision was between her and Queen Yharnam and they chose the latter, which Annalise took as an insult. Quick question, though. How do we know Annalise is from Pthumerian times?

no, I suggest that the old blood the byrgenwrth scholars first found was that of annalise Queely Flesh before being revived at the Altar of Despair, that flesh was taken out of byrgenwerth to revive her and later funding the villdebloods at castle cainhurst.

We know she is of Pthumerian times because she recognizes the Betrothal ring found in the depths of the chalice dungeons

no, I suggest that the old blood the byrgenwrth scholars first found was that of annalise Queely Flesh before being revived at the Altar of Despair, that flesh was taken out of byrgenwerth to revive her and later funding the villdebloods at castle cainhurst.

We know she is of Pthumerian times because she recognizes the Betrothal ring found in the depths of the chalice dungeons

But the scholars took the blood to HER leading to the downfall of her nation. That would seem a little out of order, but I like the idea.

I still think it's more of an heirloom and that Annalise shares ancestry with the Pthumerians.

wiibomb

But the scholars took the blood to HER leading to the downfall of her nation. That would seem a little out of order, but I like the idea.

I still think it's more of an heirloom and that Annalise shares ancestry with the Pthumerians.

how do you know that annalise was there before the arrival of the vileblood?

how do you know that annalise was there before the arrival of the vileblood?

The blood or the people? I assume Lawrence took it to Cainhurst in exchange for some of their fortune to fund his research into the celestial blood. She sought favor from the Old Ones and wanted to be chosen as Yharman was before her, viewing it as a great honor. I think she was just a descendant before imbibing and becoming something more powerful.

I also assume they are consuming the blood differently. Dregs are pretty much little sperms in the blood of echo fiends, aka Hunters. It'd make sense she reacted differently as she consumed an ungodly amount of a different form of the blood than the beast plague.

wiibomb

The blood or the people? I assume Lawrence took it to Cainhurst in exchange for some of their fortune to fund his research into the celestial blood. She sought favor from the Old Ones and wanted to be chosen as Yharman was before her, viewing it as a great honor. I think she was just a descendant before imbibing and becoming something more powerful.

I also assume they are consuming the blood differently. Dregs are pretty much little sperms in the blood of echo fiends, aka Hunters. It'd make sense she reacted differently as she consumed an ungodly amount of a different form of the blood than the beast plague.

since the very begging The Healing church has been sworn enemies to the Vilebloods, Lawrence was the founder of the healing church, so I don't see a connection there.

also, the Pthumerians were all dead by the time the byrgenwrth scholars found the chalice, only a very few remained and they were hostile/insane, there is a theory also that Yharnam could have been found in the tombs and put on custody, because of the chains she had when we battle her (or when we saw her in Mergo's Loft), also the great ones never chose a queen, those were the pthumerians, the pthumerians were just in charge of protecting the great ones in their "slumber", when they woke up, the ascended to the higher plane

Jabronium

How's NG+ compare to NG from a difficulty perspective? I'm sitting right at the start of NG+, but haven't played through any of them in previous From games...but with the DLC right around the corner, not sure if I want to start a whole new game or just use my NG+ file.

The old blood. the bad one was taken from the Phumerian people, a corrupted blood who made the bearer corrupted and mad according to Cainhurst, Ebrietas gave the Church knowlegde of "Blood" the great ones blood which leads them to explore the other Chalices and get different samples of blood possibly capturing the remaining Phumerian protecting the Chalices, Ailing Doran were the place of the experiments if I remember correctly.

How's NG+ compare to NG from a difficulty perspective? I'm sitting right at the start of NG+, but haven't played through any of them in previous From games...but with the DLC right around the corner, not sure if I want to start a whole new game or just use my NG+ file.

Slightly harder, bosses get nearly 50% more health and damage

I cleared NG+ without too much of a problem. I have that character on NG++ and still managed to one shot the shit out of Cleric Beast and Gascoigne without too much of a problem. Sure everything hits harder, but at the same time you're more prepared for everything. Granted level 177 is probably too OP for NG++

Jabronium

I cleared NG+ without too much of a problem. I have that character on NG++ and still managed to one shot the shit out of Cleric Beast and Gascoigne without too much of a problem. Sure everything hits harder, but at the same time you're more prepared for everything. Granted level 177 is probably too OP for NG++

Hmm. Alright, I'll probably try it then, guess I'm most afraid of the chalice dungeons getting out of hand. I didn't bother with them on my original NG run and was hoping to get into them this time around.

Hmm. Alright, I'll probably try it then, guess I'm most afraid of the chalice dungeons getting out of hand. I didn't bother with them on my original NG run and was hoping to get into them this time around.
You'll breeze through a lot of them then. Most people make the mistake of doing the dungeons after beating the game and then getting bored with how simple they are till you get to the good and hard ones. I always play them as I'm clearing the campaign, it's much much better that way in my opinion. If you have a good plus 10 weapon and good enough stats you should be okay with NG+. Anybody know if they're going to rebalance the last half of the game? Cause I can't see it being too hard if you're able to clear the DLC before you get to the ending.

BumRush

Wow, the chalice dungeons get tough quick. The generic and repeated design makes them a bit of a chore but it's fun fighting new bosses.

Damn, I just rung the small resonance bell and must have entered an NG+ game. Spawned near the first set of werewolf beasts in the game (bridge to Cleric). Rolled up on them thinking it was child's play...

Hey the last thing I remember, the level restriction for coop was removed. Was there another patch that changed the ability to coop or is the coop level restriction removed?

Damn, I just rung the small resonance bell and must have entered an NG+ game. Spawned near the first set of werewolf beasts in the game (bridge to Cleric). Rolled up on them thinking it was child's play...

The host can be in NG+ and summon people on NG if the LV is the same or around 10 near to the host, Didnt the no level restriction applies only if you coop in password?

manfestival

so I finally beat the fat spider and his friends. the red moon appeared and now there are space alien spider monsters the size of whales everywhere. Then the crow went all jon snow on me and had to go all season 5 ending on her. took me 3 tries but the bolt paper managed to be the final stab.

Now that the online is disabled... gonna go play some battlefront or something. Just kinda weirded out by those dudes. also RIP to old dude turned furball madman but thanks for the cool dune rune.

myco666

so I finally beat the fat spider and his friends. the red moon appeared and now there are space alien spider monsters the size of whales everywhere. Then the crow went all jon snow on me and had to go all season 5 ending on her. took me 3 tries but the bolt paper managed to be the final stab.

Now that the online is disabled... gonna go play some battlefront or something. Just kinda weirded out by those dudes. also RIP to old dude turned furball madman but thanks for the cool dune rune.

Those 'aliens' were there before the red moon. You just didn't have enough insight before to see the world as it is.

Top Bottom