• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

From the Bloodborne wiki:

Patch Notes

New Covenant : The League
This is the confederate covenant of hunters associated with The League. You may meet Vartor (ヴァルトール - Official English naming pending) and join The League at the Forbidden Forest, in the hut that must be unlocked as a shortcut next to the first lamp. If you co-op while using the covenant rune (Stagnation - official translation pending) and succeed in your task you will receive an insect item that will be allow you to participate in the ranking system.

New NPC Co-op Partners
Hunters of The League faction will be able to summon new Old Hunters into their game in several areas, including Chalice Dungeons. You must purchase the Elder Summoning Bell at the Hunter's Dream and ring it to summon the Old Hunters at their specific markers. The Elder Summoning Bell consumes insight on use, and you can only have a maximum of two NPC phantoms with you at a time. If you have another co-op player in your world, you can only summon one NPC helper.

Chalice Dungeon Changes
Non-root Chalice Dungeons will now have have a default glyph in order to allow easier co-op and pvp: This means you now can find other players in the default dungeons, but if you would like to opt out you may create a unique glyph.

myco666

Do we know an approximate level range for the DLC yet? Trying to not overpower my new character for it.

PSN Blog said that it would be balanced more for end game builds even though you can access to it in the first half of the game. So it ranges from 50-90. Demo builds were lvl75.

Melchiah

From the Bloodborne wiki:

Patch Notes

New Covenant : The League
This is the confederate covenant of hunters associated with The League. You may meet Vartor (ヴァルトール - Official English naming pending) and join The League at the Forbidden Forest, in the hut that must be unlocked as a shortcut next to the first lamp. If you co-op while using the covenant rune (Stagnation - official translation pending) and succeed in your task you will receive an insect item that will be allow you to participate in the ranking system.

New NPC Co-op Partners
Hunters of The League faction will be able to summon new Old Hunters into their game in several areas, including Chalice Dungeons. You must purchase the Elder Summoning Bell at the Hunter's Dream and ring it to summon the Old Hunters at their specific markers. The Elder Summoning Bell consumes insight on use, and you can only have a maximum of two NPC phantoms with you at a time. If you have another co-op player in your world, you can only summon one NPC helper.

Chalice Dungeon Changes
Non-root Chalice Dungeons will now have have a default glyph in order to allow easier co-op and pvp: This means you now can find other players in the default dungeons, but if you would like to opt out you may create a unique glyph.

Thanks for the info. Four days to go until the expansion!

zuQy1Vrl.jpg

wiibomb

I'm on ailing Loran layer 3 now. Definitely not overwhelming, but from the first chalice to now, shit got hard. My goal is to platinum without coop entirely.

you just wait for dat defiled chalice dungeon...

shit's so hard that you will be quoting your own avatar

BumRush

Lol, now I'm scared. I went from hating the dungeons to sort of being obsessed with them in a Diablo 3 sort of way. Is that normal?

Manu

I hope getting to the DLC that early doesn't mean the expansion is balanced around that level, it would be too easy.

I want harder-than-endgame hard, goddammit.

myco666

here's how to access the DLC:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/11/20/how-to-access-bloodborne-the-old-hunters-expansion/

soooo. I was right, it is after Amelia, not byrgenwerth

Oh I actually guessed it right how we access it? Cool.

I hope getting to the DLC that early doesn't mean the expansion is balanced around that level, it would be too easy.

I want harder-than-endgame hard, goddammit.

They have said it would be balanced more around late game builds. That said game isn't that hard with level 50-60 character as long as you have weapon upgraded properly and high enough Vit and damage stat. You can easily get to lvl40-50 at the access point.

Facism

lads, how does coop matching work now? Is there still a level range? I want to go through NG++ on my 125 level character :O

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The placing of the DLC is perfect for me, I left off in the forbidden woods last time I played and was getting mad at how bad I am for not being able to get through it, so having a new area I can explore sounds good.

After Amelia is pretty early, interesting. I guess it ties in lore-wise with the altar and skull of Lawrence or whatever his name was(? - I really love the story/lore of BB, but I'm terrible at remembering names of things in BB vs Souls for some reason)

wiibomb

2 days ago I got stuck again with the blood starved beast.. and I feel so bad, I mean, I already have the platinum and I still can't believe I got killed a lot with the second of this game..

I hate BSB

wiibomb

After Amelia is pretty early, interesting. I guess it ties in lore-wise with the altar and skull of Lawrence or whatever his name was(? - I really love the story/lore of BB, but I'm terrible at remembering names of things in BB vs Souls for some reason)

it is Lawrence skull, yeah

Derpot

So uuuh about Valtr, the League NPC, something happened, I guess...

First, I joined the League and smashed some vermins, then I got the new emote and stuff, and when I came back, a hostile NPC was there, next to the lantern. I killed him and I got a new item, Madaras' Whistle or something (I dunno the name in English).
So after that, I wanted to talk to Valtr, but he wasn't here anymore. Just his bucket helmet. So I suppose he's dead.
Wanted to see if I could bring him back like Annalise at the Altar of Despair, but it didn't work.

So uh... now what? That's all...?

polychron

So I've got the Bloodborne DLC on order now, and it's showing up in as a separate entry in my library. Is this normal? If so, it kinda sucks because my library is cluttered enough as it is...

Edit: (This is UK PSN, in case that makes a difference)

2 days ago I got stuck again with the blood starved beast.. and I feel so bad, I mean, I already have the platinum and I still can't believe I got killed a lot with the second of this game..

I hate BSB
I love it. The soundtrack makes it feel like a murder chase scene, which is fitting since many players feel that way lol.

wiibomb

I literally try to spin4life with the axe transformed mode, but at the last stage the BSB is just too fucking vicious

EDIT: wow.. post 14444

Derpot

Personally, I still think Darkbeast Paarl/Loran is the worst boss of the game. Along with Bloodletting Beast.

Fuckin' camera.

When it comes to camera Paarl is the worst for sure. One Reborn is still the worst boss though.

Paarl is like playing inside a Blender , punching like crazy except the point you marked, thank god the one reborn you can move the focus point to its stomach for less paintful experience

I don't even lock onto Paarl most of the time. I do my best to keep it unlocked, roll underneath him and just flail around aiming for his legs. Thing that sucks is that you can't even fucking see through him as you're underneath him flailing around madly hoping to hit something that will deplete his life bar.
A friend of mine just posted this to me on FB, after I posted about the BB patch and DLC:

KiVwwMb.gif
He needs to take off Havels armor.

Personally, I still think Darkbeast Paarl/Loran is the worst boss of the game. Along with Bloodletting Beast.

Fuckin' camera.

Bloodletting beast is dope. Paarl is annoying because when I first come across him as I'm kidnapped I'm too low level to beat him, but then when I came back later I just demolished him.

Paarl, the Witches, One Reborn, Micolash, and Cleric Beast round out my bottom 5 bosses, but I don't think any of them are really bad.

Derpot

Bloodletting beast is dope. Paarl is annoying because when I first come across him as I'm kidnapped I'm too low level to beat him, but then when I came back later I just demolished him.

Paarl, the Witches, One Reborn, Micolash, and Cleric Beast round out my bottom 5 bosses, but I don't think any of them are really bad.

Well, Bloodletting Beast is okay when you fight him in a normal Chalice Dungeon. But when the dungeon is Pthumeru Ihyll in cursed, rotted and fetid mode, and there is poison everywhere in the arena that slows you down during the fight... it's not funny. Not funny at all.
I couldn't beat him, it was fucking impossible for me.

Top Bottom