• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Madaras Whistle is weird. You need some good timing to catch enemies with that. The Bloodtinge scaling is pretty cool though.

Oh and beware guys, the wiki is wrong on how to obtain the whistle. You don't need to kill Valtr.

Okay so

I got the League rune, and against my best judgement, killed Valtr just to see what he'd give me. Then I killed the twin and got the whistle. Is there anything else to do?

I'm assuming I fucked myself out of an item or two by killing Valtr :(

cyber_ninja

Cannot wait to start playing the dlc, but I got a decision to make: start a new game + or build a new character? If I do a NG+ I can just rush my way to the dlc area without spending much time on farming and levelling up. On another hand I can create a new build and and take my time making my way through the game. Also how difficult is NG+ ?
Advices appreciated.

So I picked up the old hunter bell in the hunters dream but it's not in my inventory. Can someone explain how to use it? Joined the League if that helps.

EDIT: Checked and it is in my inventory, thought it was equippable. Okay so I guess to get Vermin you help people kill bosses correct?

Manu

Standing near the Shadows' boss gate, I ring my Small bell.

See other two players' shadows, ringing their bells too. No one gets summoned.

God dammit.

So I picked up the old hunter bell in the hunters dream but it's not in my inventory. Can someone explain how to use it? Joined the League if that helps.

EDIT: Checked and it is in my inventory, thought it was equippable. Okay so I guess to get Vermin you help people kill bosses correct?

Yes. And you have to have the Impurity rune equiped while doing that.

WGMBY

Cannot wait to start playing the dlc, but I got a decision to make: start a new game + or build a new character? If I do a NG+ I can just rush my way to the dlc area without spending much time on farming and levelling up. On another hand I can create a new build and and take my time making my way through the game. Also how difficult is NG+ ?
Advices appreciated.
I started again on NG this morning and cleared up to Vicar Amelia in one sitting. It definitely feels easier the second time around. Besides, that there are a ton of summons available right now while everyone tries to level up the league. Good idea to take advantage of it now before everyone runs off to the DLC.

myco666

Advices appreciated.

Hard to really say because we don't know how much more difficult the DLC will be in NG+. Base game on NG+ is easy if your stats are good and you have +10 weapon so getting to the DLC will be no problem. As for me I am starting new character once the DLC unlocks. I already have 7 or 8 characters at final boss and I want to experience the DLC as soon as it unlocks on NG as I want to save upgrade materials for new weapons. It might be really rough but then I just go through the main game more.

myco666

Its like the monster from the thing, I am legit happy and scared

Please could you guys put spoilers on these. I can't help coming to this thread as I want to talk about the game all the time but really wouldn't want to get anything spoiled at all. Your post is only minor but still I would appreciate it alot.

And since you guys already watched is there anything you should actually know about the DLC? I assume there really isn't anything that you actually need to know but still.

Mandelbo

Is there a Bloodborne-GAF PS4 community? I've started playing again in anticipation for the DLC and it'd be nice to be a part of it if there is one!

Please could you guys put spoilers on these. I can't help coming to this thread as I want to talk about the game all the time but really wouldn't want to get anything spoiled at all. Your post is only minor but still I would appreciate it alot.

And since you guys already watched is there anything you should actually know about the DLC? I assume there really isn't anything that you actually need to know but still.

My bad, so far video showed

Areas
The Hunters nightmare : Looks like the lower section area of the Cathedral Ward tower, Nightmare theme area, the floor is covered in blood, this is the place where the Old Hunters are, hunters who werent called to the dream but gathered there

No sigh of the Clock Tower, maybe is the other DLC packed with the Ludwing DLC

Boss Area
Corrupted chapel with lots, lots of blood and dead bodies where the cursed boss feeds on innocent people

Weapons

Pizza cutter, sword with a huge wheel with spiked that deals massive damage to monsters
The big whip weapon who have an insane long range but slow to recover
Melee/Bow weapon for long range attack, Bow hits dont regenerate health
New Magic Spell, Black eye I think that use one bullet per use, the equivalent of the soul arrow.

Enemies.
Old Hunters, Hostile NPC Hunters so far
A new type of Executioner with tentacles on his head like cthulhu who uses Dark magic melee attack

Boss:
A deformed Dog with a twisted body, medium sized horror packed with horrible legs that can break themselves to reach you in impissible angles

Was this guy always here?

12234877_10208185372301947_6060824217310996675_n.jpg

12241310_10208185377142068_2803169878196220261_n.jpg

Yes? I believe he was always there.

Ok, how the hell does this stuff work. No wonder people don't play this game. I got some bell after downloading the patch from the hunters dream (at the top of the stairs). I assume this to be the summoning bell but I don't remember the name of it so I'm not sure.

Anyway, where the fuck is it? It's not in my inventory. So how do I go about finding it and using it?

It's infuriating to come back after months of not playing and immediately becoming frustrated because of ridiculous shit like this.

Even reading the wiki is no help. It says "You must purchase the Elder Summoning Bell at the Hunter's Dream and ring it to summon the Old Hunters at their specific markers"

Ok, is this even accurate, or is that what I got at the top of the stairs? I see nothing to buy called an "elder summoning bell".

Mandelbo

Ok, how the hell does this stuff work. No wonder people don't play this game. I got some bell after downloading the patch from the hunters dream (at the top of the stairs). I assume this to be the summoning bell but I don't remember the name of it so I'm not sure.

Anyway, where the fuck is it? It's not in my inventory. So how do I go about finding it and using it?

It's infuriating to come back after months of not playing and immediately becoming frustrated because of ridiculous shit like this.

It's in your key items menu, not your consumables like the other bells. You can only use it in certain spots, which is why you can't equip it.

It's under wherever the badges are at. From what I played ( used it by accident once) it's automatic whenever you summon a NPC(?). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It's in your key items menu, not your consumables like the other bells. You can only use it in certain spots, which is why you can't equip it.

It's under wherever the badges are at. From what I played ( used it by accident once) it's automatic whenever you summon a NPC(?). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ok thanks. It's called the "Old Hunter Bell". Not "Elder Summoning" anything. Jeez. I never would have found it.

RiggyRob

PREY SLAUGHTERED

Pimmsy has killed Cleric Beast on effectively her first proper go! She managed to stagger him after throwing a Molotov at its head and get a visceral attack in, and she stayed close to his body to avoid getting attacked which I was impressed with. She's also getting the hang of the range of the Threaded Cane's whip mode and parrying the Brick Trolls, although she does miss the timing a few times.

Next stop, Father Gascoigne.

PREY SLAUGHTERED

Father Gascoigne ALMOST broke her, she spent a solid 4 hours on him. The worst part was she had him extremely close to death (~5%), but she got panicky when he was in his transformed state, and every run through saw her run out of bullets and Molotovs.

HOWEVER, she declared this her last go around tonight, and she got him. Managed to parry him three times and chained 3 Molotov hits in, and she was more aggressive in his third phase which meant she got the last few hits in to kill him.

Count myself a very proud partner.

Even reading the wiki is no help. It says "You must purchase the Elder Summoning Bell at the Hunter's Dream and ring it to summon the Old Hunters at their specific markers"

Ok, is this even accurate, or is that what I got at the top of the stairs? I see nothing to buy called an "elder summoning bell".

Yeah, quite confusing but the Old Hunter item itself binds with the Coop Bells, the ones you use for normal coop so every time you coop being host or helping people the game will award you regardless with vermins, you have to coop 5 times to get 5 vermins and talk with the League guy again to proceed the sidequest.

I found Cleric beast to be harder than Father G.

PREY SLAUGHTERED

Father Gascoigne ALMOST broke her, she spent a solid 4 hours on him. The worst part was she had him extremely close to death (~5%), but she got panicky when he was in his transformed state, and every run through saw her run out of bullets and Molotovs.

HOWEVER, she declared this her last go around tonight, and she got him. Managed to parry him three times and chained 3 Molotov hits in, and she was more aggressive in his third phase which meant she got the last few hits in to kill him.

Count myself a very proud partner.
These have been rather fun to read actually. I hope she keeps having fun with it. Next stop is BSB and the chalices, where the real Bloodborne starts.

RiggyRob

Yeah, quite confusing but the Old Hunter item itself binds with the Coop Bells, the ones you use for normal coop so every time you coop being host or helping people the game will award you regardless with vermins, you have to coop 5 times to get 5 vermins and talk with the League guy again to proceed the sidequest.

I found Cleric beast to be harder than Father G.

I've already guessed she'll struggle with the Hunter NPCs and bosses more than the giant beast bosses, I was exactly the same. I don't think there's another boss that matches Father Gascoigne's intensity (speaking as someone who hasn't fought the true final boss).

These have been rather fun to read actually. I hope she keeps having fun with it. Next stop is BSB and the chalices, where the real Bloodborne starts.

I should've thought of this earlier, but I could start recording her successful boss fights. The PS4 can record the last 5-10 minutes of whatever you're playing and upload to YouTube right? Could come in handy for another few funny moments we've had.

She also knows nothing about the League patch, so that'll be entirely new to her, and I think I will surprise her with the DLC too.

Melchiah

I should've thought of this earlier, but I could start recording her successful boss fights. The PS4 can record the last 5-10 minutes of whatever you're playing and upload to YouTube right? Could come in handy for another few funny moments we've had.

Yep.The max is 15 minutes. 10 will be enough for most boss fights. Only Defiled Amygdala took me longer than that.

Looking forward to see the videos.

Doing lots of coop today helping people, the Hunters NPCs actually shines like a beacon so you wont be able to miss them like Father G and Alfred.

The patch kinda turned BB into Dark Souls 2 with helping NPCs everywhere

She also knows nothing about the League patch, so that'll be entirely new to her, and I think I will surprise her with the DLC too.
Yeah have fun with it, wouldn't be a bad idea actually.

Was paying Valtr a visit in the woods again only to find his bucket helmet on the spot where he usually stands.

Why did he go? Is he gone for good? Is this intended or a bug?

Man, just when I began to love this guy.

Was paying Valtr a visit in the woods again only to find his bucket helmet on the spot where he usually stands.

Why did he go? Is he gone for good? Is this intended or a bug?

Man, just when I began to love this guy.

According to his own dialogue and Helmet, Valtr
was retiring since he lost the ability to see the insects and passed the League leadership to the Player

Started a bloodtinge character and I just need to beat Logarius for the Chikage. He's tough especially without the scaling for the saw cleaver I'm using. Was trying to use Madaris' Whistle but it's hard to time.

It will be mine though.

I just saw that they gave a new visual effect to the Chikage, now on 2h mode attacks will make blood splash from the blade. It's very cool, not sure if is just a purely visual effect or has some effect on the gameplay.

I wonder if other weapons received some similar treatment.

Haven't really been keeping up. With the introduction of the DLC do we know what we're getting for arcane + bloodtinge builds? Moreso arcane because my first character a chikage + evelyn user. Are we gonna be able to go full arcane now?

Haven't really been keeping up. With the introduction of the DLC do we know what we're getting for arcane + bloodtinge builds? Moreso arcane because my first character a chikage + evelyn user. Are we gonna be able to go full arcane now?

There are new spells at least, and probably a more focused Arcane weapon. There's already a new spell with the patch 1.07.

silva1991

WTF? I was in Byrgenwerth and I was summoned to help someone foghting SoY! the game wouldn't let me to go through the fog door from the other side.

Top Bottom