• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Kudo

Will there be new OT for The Old Hunters or should I subscribe here?
No idea how big DLC/Expansion has to be to warrant one, but Taken King this year got one.

Fhtagn

Who needs 70 vit?

To get through the cursed chalices without one hit deaths, which frustrate me enormously.

Still nearly got one hit killed by certain attacks by the final chalice boss
Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen
somehow. 90% damage from a single attack. I wonder if that scales.

Fhtagn

I beat it with 50 vit. Just need co op on god damn Amygdala but that was it. Having the Cainhurst armor helped too.

Yeah if I do it a second time (probably will) I'm going to try it with just 50. I did it all solo though and I hate getting OHKO'ed so I just made it so I didn't have to worry about that.

Yeah if I do it a second time (probably will) I'm going to try it with just 50. I did it all solo though and I hate getting OHKO'ed so I just made it so I didn't have to worry about that.
Yeah you really just have to play really cautiously. Having a +10 weapon helps a lot as well, having a reach advantage with the can also helps.

To get through the cursed chalices without one hit deaths, which frustrate me enormously.

Still nearly got one hit killed by certain attacks by the final chalice boss
Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen
somehow. 90% damage from a single attack. I wonder if that scales.

I beat it with 50 vit. Just need co op on god damn Amygdala but that was it. Having the Cainhurst armor helped too.

I cleared it at 30 Vit >.>

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Kind of generic question about the Chalices since I just started running them - is there a way to unlock the later ones without having to go through the lower level ones for the actual chalices / materials all the time?

I went through a majority of the depth 1 - 4 ones and can do some of the depth 5s on one character. I want to do it on another character for the different weapons and better gems, but I don't really want to go through all of the shallower depth dungeons again.

I cleared it at 30 Vit >.>
Show off!!!
Kind of generic question about the Chalices since I just started running them - is there a way to unlock the later ones without having to go through the lower level ones for the actual chalices / materials all the time?

I went through a majority of the depth 1 - 4 ones and can do some of the depth 5s on one character. I want to do it on another character for the different weapons and better gems, but I don't really want to go through all of the shallower depth dungeons again.
You have to grind through all of it like if you were doing it for the first time.

Fhtagn

It's much easier to get co-op help in the chalices now, so grinding them out shouldn't take as long. Also, personally I still find them pretty fun to do on new characters, especially trying them at lower level than before, but I generally agree with the idea that there should be some way to transfer chalice progress across characters because having to do all of them would probably get old fast if you want a variety of pvp builds.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Another question, has anyone here used Logarius Wheel much? Is it worth going mostly arcane and using the transformed mode or just stick to mostly STR?

MilkBeard

It's much easier to get co-op help in the chalices now, so grinding them out shouldn't take as long. Also, personally I still find them pretty fun to do on new characters, especially trying them at lower level than before, but I generally agree with the idea that there should be some way to transfer chalice progress across characters because having to do all of them would probably get old fast if you want a variety of pvp builds.

Chalices are much more fun co op. They also added some of the Old Hunter NPCs. They still seem rare, but I ran across a chalice dungeon with one summon circle in it.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So where exactly is this new hunter that drops the whistle? Forbidden woods right? Does he not show up right away or do I need to do something first? I joined the new covenant already.

So where exactly is this new hunter that drops the whistle? Forbidden woods right? Does he not show up right away or do I need to do something first? I joined the new covenant already.

I saw him when I killed one vermin, talk to the league guy and return to the woods again and saw him walking to the bridge

MilkBeard

He's literally right by the lamp in Forbidden Woods. You have to kill 5 vermin first, I believe. He showed up after I killed five.

EDIT: It could be one like poster above mentioned, but he wasn't there when I killed one. It might be that you need to leave and come back after talking to buckethead. Try it after one vermin.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Whistle guy shows up after 1 vermin but you need to warp away then back.

Doesn't the wheel scale with tinge?
Haven't used it but it's one of the few weapons that wreck me in PvP

Nope, Arcane! Most builds that use it are str based since it gets an S scaling in that but the transformed version reduces str attack to 70% while arcane gets a 4x multiplier.

Actually even if one wants to focus on the arcane, you don't need to stack the stat I guess you just use high rated flat arcane gems so never mind :v

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
k that's pretty lame to tie things behind multiplayer for ppl without plus but whatever. Have a few days till it runs out I guess. Is ng and ng+ still separated for summoning? Cuz I'm petty sure I'm way too high a level for ppl on their 1st playthrough.

k that's pretty lame to tie things behind multiplayer for ppl without plus but whatever. Have a few days till it runs out I guess. Is ng and ng+ still separated for summoning? Cuz I'm petty sure I'm way too high a level for ppl on their 1st playthrough.

I am pretty sure you can get summoned to NG+ (and beyond) if the host/help is near to your level.

RiggyRob

Why not go to Hemwick before Amelia? You can get weapon upgraded to +6 and get ability to use runes from there.

edit.

I have had easier time with other starter weapons when fighting agains CB. That being said it should be fine for the fight. Molotov Cocktails and Pungent Blood Cocktails are also useful for that fight. You can also ignore him for the time being and explore all of Central Yharnam.

Actually yeah we could do that, the whole of Hemwick is optional isn't it since the story progression is Vicar Amelia -> Forbidden Woods. She just doesn't want to miss Eileen, which is understandable since I fucked it up myself without even knowing, so I'm telling her to avoid Paarl for now.

Do Pungent Blood Cocktails really work on beast bosses? That means they can actually be useful since I never used them in the story.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Actually yeah we could do that, the whole of Hemwick is optional isn't it since the story progression is Vicar Amelia -> Forbidden Woods. She just doesn't want to miss Eileen, which is understandable since I fucked it up myself without even knowing, so I'm telling her to avoid Paarl for now.

Do Pungent Blood Cocktails really work on beast bosses? That means they can actually be useful since I never used them in the story.

Blood-starved Beast is the only boss I've ever seen it used on.

I think it works on Paarl too but I don't see it used.

Whistle guy shows up after 1 vermin but you need to warp away then back.

Nope, Arcane! Most builds that use it are str based since it gets an S scaling in that but the transformed version reduces str attack to 70% while arcane gets a 4x multiplier.

Actually even if one wants to focus on the arcane, you don't need to stack the stat I guess you just use high rated flat arcane gems so never mind :v

How you gem out your wheel really depends on what form you plan on using the most and what your stats look like.

If you have say high str and medium arcane(50/25) arcane you and want to get the most out of both forms of the wheel you go with Nourishing Gems. If you prefer the 1 hand form which only scales off of strength and have high str then pure physical are best.

If you have higher arcane than str(I have a 25str/50 arc wheel build) then you may want to utilize the 2 hand form more since it gets the 4x boost to the ARC damage. Since the dash attack is really good with flat arcane gems you can do that at the cost of damage with moves that only hit once(transformed regular r1). The 1handed form will do considerably less damage as well. Or you can just use nourishing gems to keep damage for all attack types respectable.

The wheel is very versatile, does ridiculous damage, and gives you quite a few playstyles. Only annoying thing is getting the gems to get the best out of it.

myco666

Another question, has anyone here used Logarius Wheel much? Is it worth going mostly arcane and using the transformed mode or just stick to mostly STR?

I have a build dedicated to it. Having pure strength for it is more useful IMO as you don't have to deal with the health drain. That being said I just raised Arcane on that character to 40 and after the buff it does some insane damage. You have to be careful with that though since it drains health really fast.

It should work on all beasts. Takes the heat off you for a moment and you can even get backstabs for BSB easily that way.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How you gem out your wheel really depends on what form you plan on using the most and what your stats look like.

If you have say high str and medium arcane(50/25) arcane you and want to get the most out of both forms of the wheel you go with Nourishing Gems. If you prefer the 1 hand form which only scales off of strength and have high str then pure physical are best.

If you have higher arcane than str(I have a 25str/50 arc wheel build) then you may want to utilize the 2 hand form more since it gets the 4x boost to the ARC damage. Since the dash attack is really good with flat arcane gems you can do that at the cost of damage with moves that only hit once(transformed regular r1). The 1handed form will do considerably less damage as well. Or you can just use nourishing gems to keep damage for all attack types respectable.

The wheel is very versatile, does ridiculous damage, and gives you quite a few playstyles. Only annoying thing is getting the gems to get the best out of it.

Because the innate Arcane scaling in the wheel is a bit low, if you focused on STR build but, when you wanted to use the Arcane mode, filled it with flat Arcane gems, are you losing a lot of AR from not having gone for something like 50 ARC?

In other words, at lets say 50str/25arc, would the Arcane mode damage be significantly less than 25/50 if you were using the Arcane gems?

Because the innate Arcane scaling in the wheel is a bit low, if you focused on STR build but, when you wanted to use the Arcane mode, filled it with flat Arcane gems, are you losing a lot of AR from not having gone for something like 50 ARC?

In other words, at lets say 50str/25arc, would the Arcane mode damage be significantly less than 25/50 if you were using the Arcane gems?

Yes it would because of the 4x damage increase ARC gets in 2 hand mode. For the 50/25 build its best to got Nourishing Gems so you can get the most out of your high strength and boost the arcane damage a bit. Using flat arcanes on that build would increase your damage on multi hit attacks like the dash r1 but you would be wasting a whole lot of damage in 1 hand mode and everything else.

Manu

I just used the Blood Rock to upgrade my cane to +10, so I really hope there's at least one more Blood Rock in the expansion.

wiibomb

"Do you hear the graveyard murmurs?

Then it's almost time.

oh, I can't wait.

I just can't wait...

mwuhuhuhuhu"

that dialog can pretty much describe my DLC hype

Robot Pants

I think you should just copy the DLC stuff and make a new OT. This is in community after all, not many click on that.
I'm ok with that, I wanted that, but I was told that a new thread for dlc probably isn't needed.
If anyone knows the official stance- aww screw it. If it gets locked then it gets locked.
Give me a subtitle quick

I'm ok with that, I wanted that, but I was told that a new thread for dlc probably isn't needed.
If anyone knows the official stance- aww screw it. If it gets locked then it gets locked.
Give me a subtitle quick

Just do it. This is an Expansion and we had OT's for expansions, right ? I remember that The Witcher got one for Hearts of Stone.

wiibomb

Give me a subtitle quick

Bloodborne The Old Hunters |OT| The nightmare swirls and churns unending!

Top Bottom