• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

MilkBeard

The One Reborn
is just a stupid boss, in my opinion. It kind of reminds me of a certain boss design from Demon's Souls, but there's a lot of cheap clipping through walls/pillars that ruins the fight. If you stand at the bottom of the staircases where you should be safe, the boss mucus/foot clips through to kill you. Lame.

The One Reborn
is just a stupid boss, in my opinion. It kind of reminds me of a certain boss design from Demon's Souls, but there's a lot of cheap clipping through walls/pillars that ruins the fight. If you stand at the bottom of the staircases where you should be safe, the boss mucus/foot clips through to kill you. Lame.

Big enemies with big hitboxes have some crappy hitboxes when they perform a heavy attack passing throught walls because the move was already in motion when it saw you before you take cover and they cant cancel the move.

myco666

There are new spells at least, and probably a more focused Arcane weapon. There's already a new spell with the patch 1.07.

That spell is for bloodtinge builds though as it requires 18 BT to use.

edit.

WTF? I was in Byrgenwerth and I was summoned to help someone foghting SoY! the game wouldn't let me to go through the fog door from the other side.

Yeah this has happened to me occasionally. Don't really know why it happens but usually you get summoned when the host already is in the arena.

Dmax3901

So I levelled up once, bought the hunter gear, explored a bit of the sewers.

Still getting wrecked by the Cleric Beast. Was cane sword a bad choice?

Cane mode is very fast, although it's range is very short. But you can stunlock some enemies and whip mode L1 attack transformation is deadly.

The really strong point of the wepaon is that mode modes suits each other quite well.

Manu

Did someone else had the Madaras twin use the whistle and then get hit by the snake himself? Poor guy took like 900 damage.

myco666

Oh wow. Got Arcane up to 40 on my LW character. Now with the buff it does 700-800 with single R1 hit and 950 with R2. I guess I could get damage over 1000 if I got better gems.

Fun times with NPC summons - I just summoned one of the new NPCs for the Watchdog fight in the first Chalice Dungeon and enter the fog door, the NPC is already inside the boss room (!) but doesn't move from the doorway sandwiching me between them and the fog gate. The Watchdog of course does his charge attack which whacks the NPC out of the boss room back outside the fog door, but freeing my character. I then kill the boss solo and as the fog gate disipates I see the NPC is running to get inside the boss room. Thanks dude!

Fun times with NPC summons - I just summoned one of the new NPCs for the Watchdog fight in the first Chalice Dungeon and enter the fog door, the NPC is already inside the boss room (!) but doesn't move from the doorway sandwiching me between them and the fog gate. The Watchdog of course does his charge attack which whacks the NPC out of the boss room back outside the fog door, but freeing my character. I then kill the boss solo and as the fog gate disipates I see the NPC is running to get inside the boss room. Thanks dude!

The exact same thing happened to me a few minutes ago.

cyber_ninja

I started again on NG this morning and cleared up to Vicar Amelia in one sitting. It definitely feels easier the second time around. Besides, that there are a ton of summons available right now while everyone tries to level up the league. Good idea to take advantage of it now before everyone runs off to the DLC.

Hard to really say because we don't know how much more difficult the DLC will be in NG+. Base game on NG+ is easy if your stats are good and you have +10 weapon so getting to the DLC will be no problem. As for me I am starting new character once the DLC unlocks. I already have 7 or 8 characters at final boss and I want to experience the DLC as soon as it unlocks on NG as I want to save upgrade materials for new weapons. It might be really rough but then I just go through the main game more.

Thanks for your responses. I also just realized that I have a backed up save right before the final Boss fight, which means I can get to DLC right away.

Finalow

anyone tried to look for pvp in chalice dungeons with the last patch? Maybe you don't have to wait 3 hours to get an invasion anymore.

if that's the case I might even unlock the short ritual chalice for the other characters.

I have a question about Bloodborne chalice dungeons. I absolutely adore the game, but I'd consider myself a below average player. I'd quite like to get the Platinum Trophy -- have every other one -- but the defiled chalice dungeon is really kicking my ass.

Here's what I'd like to know: I still haven't gone into NG+, so once I'm done with the DLC, would it be worth my time continuing my character in NG+ and replaying a chunk of the campaign until I've gone up to a higher level? I'm currently 130 or so which is apparently about where I need to be to do the defiled chalice dungeon, but like I say, I'm a below average player. I'd imagine if I could get to level 150 or something, I'd have a better shot.

If I do adopt this route, does the difficulty of the chalice dungeons increase in NG+? Will my current progress carry across? Other than get the Living String, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chalices have its own difficulty apart from the main game, Ng+ dont afect chalices at all

Awesome, thanks - that's something! I can't imagine anything being harder than this chalice dungeon to be honest... :O

I'll try going into NG+ and grinding out a few more levels once I've done the DLC then. I will not let this beat me! XD

Awesome, thanks - that's something! I can't imagine anything being harder than this chalice dungeon to be honest... :O

I'll try going into NG+ and grinding out a few more levels once I've done the DLC then. I will not let this beat me! XD

Just a consideration:

There's a soft cap on all stats after a certain point, after putting 50 points in most of them, you won't get a real benefit, so if you're VIT stat is around 50, is not worth grinding for more levels.

If you want to beat Defiled dungeon at that point you will have more chances with help. Since the last patch added NPC summons and a more straightlined way to co-op on CD, you might want to try that.

Fhtagn

Is now a server maintenance time? Can't play online atm.

I am logged in as online but am not finding any one to summon me. But I'm messing around with chalices and am not sure how best to get summoned there. The short root wasn't finding anyone.

myco666

I am logged in as online but am not finding any one to summon me. But I'm messing around with chalices and am not sure how best to get summoned there. The short root wasn't finding anyone.

Weird. I guess there are some network issues now. Wanted to do some coop to get more Echoes but I guess I won't be doing that now.

RiggyRob

Update on the missus - she's made her way through Old Yarnham and I've told her to leave Djura for now so we can befriend him later, got all the way to Blood-Starved Beast, summoned Old Hunter Vileblood Hunter Alfred (glowing red summoning sign was definitely different to what I had when I played) and got her in one go.

Wasn't a very impressive fight to be honest, Fire Paper + Alfred made it very quick and not all that hard for her, so it wasn't worth recording it (not that I'd actually set up the YouTube uploading anyway). She picked up the Third Umbilical Cord after I showed her how to drop to the Abandoned Old Workshop, and next I'll see how she handles Vicar Amelia (and get the YouTube recording thing set up beforehand).

Does Eileen appear by the Cathedral Ward after you kill Vicar Amelia but before touching Laurence's skull, or can you touch the skull anyway and still find her outside the Cathedral Ward?

myco666

Update on the missus - she's made her way through Old Yarnham and I've told her to leave Djura for now so we can befriend him later, got all the way to Blood-Starved Beast, summoned Old Hunter Vileblood Hunter Alfred (glowing red summoning sign was definitely different to what I had when I played) and got her in one go.

Wasn't a very impressive fight to be honest, Fire Paper + Alfred made it very quick and not all that hard for her, so it wasn't worth recording it (not that I'd actually set up the YouTube uploading anyway). She picked up the Third Umbilical Cord after I showed her how to drop to the Abandoned Old Workshop, and next I'll see how she handles Vicar Amelia (and get the YouTube recording thing set up beforehand).

Does Eileen appear by the Cathedral Ward after you kill Vicar Amelia but before touching Laurence's skull, or can you touch the skull anyway and still find her outside the Cathedral Ward?

Why not go to Hemwick before Amelia? You can get weapon upgraded to +6 and get ability to use runes from there.

edit.
So you guys think the cane sword is tough but fine. How is it against the Cleric Beast, generally? Still struggling.

I have had easier time with other starter weapons when fighting agains CB. That being said it should be fine for the fight. Molotov Cocktails and Pungent Blood Cocktails are also useful for that fight. You can also ignore him for the time being and explore all of Central Yharnam.

edit2.

Uploaded some videos to YT.

Cleric Beast
Vicar Amelia
Darkbeast Paarl

Seriously I don't understand how you should manage your camera during Paarl fight. Camera spins so much when locked on but when not locked the camera doesn't turn fast enough manually.

ctfg23

Is it known at what point in the story the DLC is accessible? I want to play the DLC but with all the games out right now I don't really want to play through the entire story again.

myco666

Is it known at what point in the story the DLC is accessible? I want to play the DLC but with all the games out right now I don't really want to play through the entire story again.

It unlocks after Vicar Amelia. You need to touch the skull and then you get the item you need in order to access the DLC.

Bebpo

Banned
I decided to pick this back up in new game+ to get ready for the DLC and while I remember a lot of the map layouts and enemies patterns, I don't remember how I should be building my character stat-wise at this point.

I'm lvl.103 using a Saw Cleaver + 10 build.

VIT 40
END 30
STR 40
SKL 22
Bloodtinge 6
Arcane 15

Right now I'm getting +3 atk for each +1 to SKL versus +2 atk for each +1 to STR. So I'm just putting points into SKL for now. But should I be upping my VIT/END more now that I'm in NG+? These were basically the stats I had at the end of the normal game and I was super overpowered, but now in NG+ I'm more normal and I just wanna get stats to the right level to take on the DLC area in NG+.

Also I'm at Cathedral Ward warp point with the way up to Amelia unlocked, and I also have a warp point in Old Yarnham and haven't done OY yet in NG+ (was mainly speedrunning to get back to CW). Beating Amelia on NG+ is gonna be...challenging ^^; Wonder if I should do OY and Blood-starved Beast first for some more levels.

Persona7

Banned
multiplayer update :

After weeks of not getting any summons whatsoever in various locations and invasions only in Mergo's Loft Middle I am now getting a steady stream of summons to fight vicar amelia. I can also still invade frequently in Mergo's Loft Middle but pretty much every other location is still dead besides a few invasions I was able to get in the forbidden woods.

Zocano

I'm pretty sure I have only like Lv 90+ characters (and I character that's like Lv200 in NG++++). Should I just do another character?

Zocano

Is it just me or do arcane builds bleed through bullets?

Very much so. You have to work really really hard to get a good arcane build going and it pretty much requires the chalice dungeons. And you spend all that effort just to make a somewhat equivalent build to the STR/DEX/BLD builds. It's better as a supplement rather than a full on build, I feel.

Fhtagn

That bloodborne has so much post-endgame content and so few stats means my main character is already pretty ridiculous.

70 VIT
40 END
40 STR
40 SKL
6 BLD
17 ARC

Guess I should make a Bloodtinge character at some point.

Very much so. You have to work really really hard to get a good arcane build going and it pretty much requires the chalice dungeons. And you spend all that effort just to make a somewhat equivalent build to the STR/DEX/BLD builds. It's better as a supplement rather than a full on build, I feel.
Well I'm technically a split Skill/Arcane build. Character is pretty decent for the most part. It's a pretty good build when I need fire damage thrown around cause I have the fire gem on a +6 LHB, but I think my main weapons are the cane and the BoM now.

Top Bottom