• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

BumRush

Unseen Village is probably only really hard if you're under leveled and don't know where all the bell maidens are. Once you know that it's easy. Level layout is quite simple too. It's nowhere near the disaster zone that Nightmare Frontier is.

You're absolutely right. First time through its overwhelming since you don't know the bell maidens' locations instantly.

Having improved since the game came out I decided to play the game all the way through except this time I'd stick with the Threaded Cane.

When does this thing start doing acceptable damage? I've got it to +6, 20 skill and the R1s still aren't cracking 100 damage. Had a much easier time with the Saw Cleaver when I played earlier.

Having improved since the game came out I decided to play the game all the way through except this time I'd stick with the Threaded Cane.

When does this thing start doing acceptable damage? I've got it to +6, 20 skill and the R1s still aren't cracking 100 damage smh

At +6 I was already dealing decent damage (edit: with my skill + threaded cane build). Make sure you have proper blood gems in place. By the time I got to Darkbeast Paarl, I just ran over him. And over Vicar Amelia right after.

At +6 I was already dealing decent damage (edit: with my skill + threaded cane build). Make sure you have proper blood gems in place. By the time I got to Darkbeast Paarl, I just ran over him. And over Vicar Amelia right after.

The last thing I did was Amelia and knocked her out just fine. I'm yet to die on a boss yet. It's more that I'm wondering, when does thing become great? So far it still feel like I'd having an easier time with one of the cleavers.

I think there's 1 7.2% phys gem so far. They don't really factor in this early with such low numbers.

RiggyRob

But Shadows of Yharnam is easy enough as long as you don't rush there.

I found them difficult to deal with as the katana guy is constantly aggressive and in your face, but then again I forgot to parry him and I did still beat them on my first go.

You'll see what I mean about NPCs breaking the fight when I upload Pimmsy vs Shadow of Yarnham.

The last thing I did was Amelia and knocked her out just fine. I'm yet to die on a boss yet. It's more that I'm wondering, when does thing become great? So far it still feel like I'd having an easier time with one of the cleavers.

I think there's 1 7.2% phys gem so far. They don't really factor in this early with such low numbers.

At that point I already felt that the weapon was great. "Sword mode": quick melee combat attacks when you need to deal a lot of damage fast. Whip mode when you want to keep distance (dangerous enemies) or crowd control (multiple enemies, or hard-to-hit enemies). I liked its flexibility. Enemies can't touch me while I whip them to death. Also it's easy to hit boss weak points with whip. One attack may not crush the enemy, but you can keep spamming attacks for a long, long time before running out of stamina.

Perhaps that weapon and its playstyle is just not for you?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Unseen Village is probably only really hard if you're under leveled and don't know where all the bell maidens are. Once you know that it's easy. Level layout is quite simple too. It's nowhere near the disaster zone that Nightmare Frontier is.

I dunno, I found NF wasn't too bad. Plus, everything is easier once you know how it works!

Unseen changes the series' rules up somewhat (in a good way):
Respawning enemies, biggest mobs yet who follow you over longer distances, frickin' environmental laser beams etc.
My walking slowly into areas tactics were getting me mauled. I had to bolt through and I'm pretty sure I've missed a few areas.

I'm through to the boss now. Used the bath to get there too. Seems pretty manageable considering the intro and the assistance it has, although it's got me both times I've tried. It was the same with Amygdala though, I can see what I need to do very clearly and know I can do it, I just need to pull it off. XD

I dunno, I found NF wasn't too bad. Plus, everything is easier once you know how it works!

Unseen changes the series' rules up somewhat (in a good way):
Respawning enemies, biggest mobs yet who follow you over longer distances, frickin' environmental laser beams etc.
My walking slowly into areas tactics were getting me mauled. I had to bolt through and I'm pretty sure I've missed a few areas.

I'm through to the boss now. Used the bath to get there too. Seems pretty manageable considering the intro and the assistance it has, although it's got me both times I've tried. It was the same with Amygdala though, I can see what I need to do very clearly and know I can do it, I just need to pull it off. XD
My main problem with Nightmare Frontier are the lakes of poison and the fact that you can fall off of certain parts of the level and fall into either poison, or a poisonous lake where the fucking winter lantern is. I died due to frenzy while fighting that thing and while I was mashing triangle at at the last minute I still died. I just left those 40K souls there and I know the shortcut there too, just said fuck it. Unseen Village has no lakes of poison or Winter Lanterns, just respawning enemies. Once you know how to get around you can pretty much get through it without too much hassle.

Dahbomb

I actually managed to run through that place yesterday without using a blue elixir for once so I think it's only really bad if you stay still for too long and don't know where to go to get the boulder throwers.
Everything is easy if you know where to go. Starting out that area is ridiculous just like the Unseen Village. Need to do a lot of springing around.

On top of that both the Nightmare areas are prime invasion places.

I have a question.

I just arrived in Nightmare Frontier and my char level is 71 (thanks to the DLC).

Am I overleveled for the rest of the game?

BumRush

Defiled Amygdala tips? It's just so long and boring that I end up making a mistake. I've read the jump trick but she barely jumps for me.

Defiled Amygdala tips? It's just so long and boring that I end up making a mistake. I've read the jump trick but she barely jumps for me.

First phase you usually take your distance and aim for the arms, second phase is the same, third phase you will be hugging her ass for the rest of the battle.

Here is my encounter, using Ludwing vertical attacks were super effective, dont forget consecutive hits on its wounded arm deals more damage

BumRush

First phase you usually take your distance and aim for the arms, second phase is the same, third phase you will be hugging her ass for the rest of the battle.

Here is my encounter, using Ludwing vertical attacks were super effective, dont forget consecutive hits on its wounded arm deals more damage

Thank you! I'm rolling LHB so this will be very helpful

ReaperXL7

Im going to have to give this another run when i finish up Fallout 4. I had a bunch of stuff going on when it came out and I had gotten to this area with a bunch of giants running around which wasent too bad. The thing that drove me insane was that there was something that had to have been invisable just sucking all of my health away regardless of where I ran to.

Love this series, it just wasent the right time for me to be playing the game, but the atmosphere, combat and general overall package are just too good. The addition of a bow/sword just makes the urge to jump back in greater.

Dahbomb

Im going to have to give this another run when i finish up Fallout 4. I had a bunch of stuff going on when it came out and I had gotten to this area with a bunch of giants running around which wasent too bad. The thing that drove me insane was that there was something that had to have been invisable just sucking all of my health away regardless of where I ran to.

Love this series, it just wasent the right time for me to be playing the game, but the atmosphere, combat and general overall package are just too good. The addition of a bow/sword just makes the urge to jump back in greater.
That sounds like you were in the poison area in the cave of Forbidden Forest.

ReaperXL7

Maybe nightmare frontier

Pretty sure it was this one because right after the rock throwing Giants is a big castle with a shit ton of spiders in it. I got super frustrated that I couldn't figure out what was killing me (I thought maybe a monster was frenzying me) but the damage just wouldn't go away.

It wasn't really a problem overall because the game was great up until then, I just didn't have the patience to figure it out at the time.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure it was this one because right after the rock throwing Giants is a big castle with a shit ton of spiders in it. I got super frustrated that I couldn't figure out what was killing me (I thought maybe a monster was frenzying me) but the damage just wouldn't go away.

It wasn't really a problem overall because the game was great up until then, I just didn't have the patience to figure it out at the time.
Oh yes that brain thing that inflicts frenzy just being near it. Yeah just run past that and activate the shortcut to the lamp post in the area. Take cover near rocks to minimize damage.

That's the last area of the game so you are pretty close to beating it.

mstevens

Ugh. Now that I finished 100% I don't know what to do until a Dark Souls 2 arrives in the mail. This was my first souls experience and I absolutely loved it. Hoping for remastered of DeS and DS1 so I don't have to play on PS3.

Nothing else seems interesting in the mean time lol

I'm sitting around 1400 with two runes equipped. Is that too low?

I dont remember the number, how is your vit stats so far without counting the runes?

I know! Lol I've heard bad things about the difficulty.

fb0.jpg

Are the dungeons themselves giving you trouble or the bosses? Because, yeah those are the two hardest bosses for me in the game by a mile (haven't played DLC yet)

The mobs hit really fucking hard and I was just playing stupid and gambling. Had some trouble with Amydala, but found a decent strategy.

The DLC is pretty hard if you're in NG+ and beyond.

I dont remember the number, how is your vit stats so far without counting the runes?

I'm sitting at 37 vit, but beat it. Not looking forward to Abhorrent Beast

Sinistral

I took a long break from the game, and now with the DLC, I want to pick the main game up again but not before I finish these Chalice Dungeons. I'm stuck on Ebreitas, the boss that made me take a break from the game, lol. Anyone willing to help? I'm at level 110.

So I finally picked up the Beast Claw, and was ready to see the Hunter's Essence trophy pop aaaaand.......

nothing. WHELP.

I double checked all my equipment and have one of everything. I guess I'm fucked?

Edit: I just noticed that when I look at weapon details at the bath messengers, some show 0/1 for No. Held AND Stored. What the deuce?

grimmiq

Did The One Reborn get a buff in the last 5 months? I played through NG 3 times, NG+ and NG++ and never had a single problem with him, 0 deaths.

Now he's destroying me, I used to get in between his baby legs in the middle and swing for a bit, back off and heal, then get back in there. Now with 30VIT his baby legs kill me in 3-4 hits.

Or did I just forget how to get good after not playing for half a year?

Ferr986

Did The One Reborn get a buff in the last 5 months? I played through NG 3 times, NG+ and NG++ and never had a single problem with him, 0 deaths.

Now he's destroying me, I used to get in between his baby legs in the middle and swing for a bit, back off and heal, then get back in there. Now with 30VIT his baby legs kill me in 3-4 hits.

Or did I just forget how to get good after not playing for half a year?

Recently fought him with a new build I'm doing and I didn't notice any difference.

grimmiq

Recently fought him with a new build I'm doing and I didn't notice any difference.

Damn, I guess my skills degraded more than I thought, could've sworn he never used to do so much damage before, trying out the Beasthunter Saif, damage seems fine enough, I did sprint through most zones so might need to get some better runes/gems.

Hypron

If you can beat Defiled Chalice bosses then you can beat the DLC bosses.

I'm not sure I agree. I beat the defiled chalice at a lower level than the one I was at when I started the DLC... And I had to go grind a bit after reaching the first boss because it was just too hard. The bosses in the defiled chalice are a lot more predictable and easier to avoid than the bosses in the DLC imo. And the bosses in the DLC probably hit twice as hard so you still get killed just as fast if you get hit.

fantomena

Im annoyed. I got the Blood Gem Master trophy and the trophy for killing
Ludwig
, but even after syncing the trophies to PSN they don't unlock.

Edit: Fixed it by restarting PS4.

grimmiq

OK It was a mix of me being rusty and undergeared, replaced a few gems and used my chunks and he went down like nothing. Forgot he's a punching bag if you can stagger him in 1 stamina bar.

RiggyRob

Episode 4 of Pimmsy's jaunt through Yarnham, Pimmsy vs. Darkbeast Paarl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms895PHrfo

After watching her playthrough, I can really see how useful the Threaded Cane's whip mode is, it's got massive range and it's so quick too. I was thinking of trying out the
Beast Cutter
on my own character, but I don't think the extra strength would be as useful as the Cane's speed.

The serration bonus + Fire Paper +
Antal
's Flamesprayer = easy Darkbeast Paarl fight. Plus she also got to befriend Djura, which was nice.

equil

So my friend told me to
kill the big head lady sitting in the chair to get the balcony key. I had no idea there was more stuff you could do with her. There's no way for me to get the milkweed rune now right?

Top Bottom