• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Arondight

Got back into the game after so long of being terrible, After my slump of cleric beast and I've come to the conclusion that I'll never beat him. Decided to explore a bit more and found Father Gascoigne, Several times easier boss, nearly got him on my first go but got a little too greedy. Was abusing the tombstones thinking I could get away with it so when he transformed, gave me a massive fright when he burst through. Loved how the music changed as you progress as well. After using the Blunderbuss for so long, killed the pig, bought the pistol and enemies were easier, pulling of Stagger attacks was much easier.

Using threaded cane and need advice on leveling stats. Kind of being doing Vitality and Endurance, not sure whether I should add strength or skill into the balance.

Got back into the game after so long of being terrible, After my slump of cleric beast and I've come to the conclusion that I'll never beat him. Decided to explore a bit more and found Father Gascoigne, Several times easier boss, nearly got him on my first go but got a little too greedy. Was abusing the tombstones thinking I could get away with it so when he transformed, gave me a massive fright when he burst through. Loved how the music changed as you progress as well. After using the Blunderbuss for so long, killed the pig, bought the pistol and enemies were easier, pulling of Stagger attacks was much easier.

Using threaded cane and need advice on leveling stats. Kind of being doing Vitality and Endurance, not sure whether I should add strength or skill into the balance.

Gascoine easier than Cleric Beast, when I thought I had heard it all. :D

Going for strength or skill depends on what weapons you'll want to use in the long run. Several weapons benefit from both, so many people actually keep them close.

I've been doing Chalice Dungeons again on my DLC character just for farming basically but then I ended up wanting to do all the ones I hadn't done before - Isz ones mainly since I never did those when going for Platinum and I haven't been finding them as repellent as I did the first time around - lots of bosses I killed on first try, I guess with experience under your belt it makes sense. Defiled Watchdog, Defiled Amygdala and the giant bloodletting one with the maggot thing for a head in the dungeon before the queen all went down in one try.

I've come across 3 shops and they all had the DLC weapons in both variations so I guess they're not rare finds and just something they added to all(?) CD shops.

Also been having fun with the bowblade whilst farming Arcane Haze off the fireball spitting centipede flower things.

Cleric Beast is optional as far as I know. The longer you leave him the easier he is, so come back when you've upgraded your weapon a bit. If you leave it too long you do take all the fun out of the fight though because with a high upgraded weapon you can kill him in one 4 or 5 hit combo. I always leave him and end up forgetting to kill him - on my current character I wanted to buy some homeward bones and only realised I hadn't killed Cleric went I realised you needed to in order to unlock them from the shop.

I would leave Endurance for now, stamina regen feels much less of a worry in BB than Souls.

How the hell do I even get that rune?

Helping her?.

Adeline ask you to find Brain fluid, there are only two oversized head patients you need to hit them and get their fluids, did I tell you there is lore even in that fluid? Then she will give you more lore, crucial lore, they key, an extra areas, an extra spell, a hug from plain doll, then go talk with the talking npc on the third area, got another spell with more crucial lore and you can synergy the rune with kos weapon. Of course you have to figure out all of this without a guide. casul j/k

I haven't had a chance to reach the DLC on my new character, but the chalice changes are so good. NPC hunters distracting red enemies and messages everywhere, and easy coop without the shortroot.

I've given her brain fluid once, but can't give her anymore. She's asking me to take her blood but I never get the chance to take it probably because I have the blood of someone else on me.

Did you already killed the boss in that zone? if yes then go to the dream and return if not well, kill the boss?

myco666

Gascoine easier than Cleric Beast, when I thought I had heard it all. :D

Going for strength or skill depends on what weapons you'll want to use in the long run. Several weapons benefit from both, so many people actually keep them close.

Well you can mop the floor with FG using parries really easily. CB doesn't really care about your hits and will wail on you at all times.

I've given her brain fluid once, but can't give her anymore. She's asking me to take her blood but I never get the chance to take it probably because I have the blood of someone else on me.
I had this happen, I thought reloading the area (which I read did the trick) might do it but it didn't so I just left it for a while, came back she took it - but it felt either bugged or time-related to some event I hadn't yet as to why she wouldn't take the second brain fluid even after returning to the Hunters Dream and back again.

I'm at 40 skill, and I like the Blade of Mercy. I think I could manage reaching 3k damage with one combo, but I have yet to find an enemy that can take that amount of damage AND lets me just hit him freely. Most big enemies have these combo breaker moves that forces me to dodge out of the way, so haven't tested it fully. But the move set is really fun, from double-slash-forward to double-slash-jump-back. To my surprise, I even managed to stagger Lower Pthumeru Chalice Undead Giant for a visceral attack with this weapon.

At 40 vitality, 30 stamina and 40 skill, I'm finally feeling read to seriously take a shot at DLC. But I might try to finish depth 3 and 4 Pthumeru chalices first.

myco666

I had this happen, I thought reloading the area (which I read did the trick) might do it but it didn't so I just left it for a while, came back she took it - but it felt either bugged or time-related to some event I hadn't yet as to why she wouldn't take the second brain fluid even after returning to the Hunters Dream and back again.

I managed to finist that quest after killing the last boss of the DLC. Seemed like I couldn't progress to the last phase before it.

RiggyRob

Thanks for the advice.

Got another question but what happens if you accidentally attack another NPC later on in the game, I know I accidentally attacked Eileen and Alfred. Managed to kill Eileen but Alfred kicked my ass. Couldn't quite stagger him. Does he come back to kill you in another area because they're supposedly part of quests?

I would assume that any NPCs that you've aggro'd will stay in the area where you aggro'd them and become completely unusable to any future quests.

---

Done editing Pimmsy vs 1st DLC boss, unfortunately I couldn't get the 1st cutscene in as the recorded video didn't go back far enough, but the second one's in, which is much cooler anyway - I'll upload Pimmsy vs Pthumerian Descendant when I get home later.

I just had an idea, how easy is it to set up a live stream on YouTube via the PS4? Might be cool to stream Pimmsy going through the game since she's playing through it anyway and it shouldn't affect being able to make videos of the boss/NPC fights, as long as there's a way to disable comments.

MilkBeard

After playing CB for the second time on a new character, and using the threaded cane and putting some levels primarily into vitality, I found that the Cleric Beast didn't actually do much damage, so I wasn't in much of a threat. My weapon was weak, but it's easy to stun him, backstab, and evade. Cleric Beast is really quite easy once you know how to move.

If you haven't leveled up yet, just find some insight (you should have some already by seeing the boss) and put some blood echoes into vitality. Also load up on Molotov Cocktails. That should be enough to take him.

I would assume that any NPCs that you've aggro'd will stay in the area where you aggro'd them and become completely unusable to any future quests.

---

Done editing Pimmsy vs 1st DLC boss, unfortunately I couldn't get the 1st cutscene in as the recorded video didn't go back far enough, but the second one's in, which is much cooler anyway - I'll upload Pimmsy vs Pthumerian Descendant when I get home later.

I just had an idea, how easy is it to set up a live stream on YouTube via the PS4? Might be cool to stream Pimmsy going through the game since she's playing through it anyway and it shouldn't affect being able to make videos of the boss/NPC fights, as long as there's a way to disable comments.
It's quite easy to stream actually. You can set it up through youtube or Twitch. I don't know if you can disable comments, but you can still ignore them. Though streaming does reduce your screen a bit.

myco666

It's quite easy to stream actually. You can set it up through youtube or Twitch. I don't know if you can disable comments, but you can still ignore them. Though streaming does reduce your screen a bit.

You can disable that and get game on fullscreen. Or atleast so I remember from trying it in summer.

myco666

Wait you can? Is the screen thing the reason why Bloodborne runs like a laggy mess whenever I stream or is that really a Bloodborne thing in general?

Yeah from the streaming settings you should be able to toggle it off. I really don't remember any lag when streaming on twitch so it might be it. It has been a while and only streamed like three hours so might remember it wrong.

Yeah from the streaming settings you should be able to toggle it off. I really don't remember any lag when streaming on twitch so it might be it. It has been a while and only streamed like three hours so might remember it wrong.
I think my inputs get horribly delayed and it doesn't seem to fix itself until I exit out to the home screen for some odd reason. Whether I'm streaming or not actually. Happened a lot when I was streaming though, led to some annoying deaths too.

myco666

I think my inputs get horribly delayed and it doesn't seem to fix itself until I exit out to the home screen for some odd reason. Whether I'm streaming or not actually. Happened a lot when I was streaming though, led to some annoying deaths too.

Only input that I feel is delayed is dodge/run but that is because it has to listen if you are holding the button down or not in order to register. Never felt like any other input was delayed.

Only input that I feel is delayed is dodge/run but that is because it has to listen if you are holding the button down or not in order to register. Never felt like any other input was delayed.
Might just be me then. I've had it happen to me in MGS V as well, but not to the heavy extent Bloodborne does. Might be a controller problem on my end.

Might be that. Or that I have higher tolerance on delayed inputs haha.
Once you die because you're controller fails to register you mashing triangle to heal or circle to dodge or the camera gets stuck in a circular loop of your delayed movements you'll cease to have a high tolerance for it.

RiggyRob

Do you go through the PS4 browser, log-into YouTube and set up the stream that way, or do you have to go through a YouTube app (if there even is a PS4-specific app)?

What would really be cool is you were able to use the PlayStation app on your phone when you're away from home to upload a video from your PS4 to YouTube while it's in rest mode, but maybe I'm asking too much for something like that to be implemented.

MilkBeard

Ailing Loran is probably my favorite Chalice dungeon so far. Feels the most original, and the beasts inside are great for farming. They give around 4k a pop.

Do you go through the PS4 browser, log-into YouTube and set up the stream that way, or do you have to go through a YouTube app (if there even is a PS4-specific app)?

What would really be cool is you were able to use the PlayStation app on your phone when you're away from home to upload a video from your PS4 to YouTube while it's in rest mode, but maybe I'm asking too much for something like that to be implemented.
I believe you access the streaming options by pressing the share button. Then you set everything else up from there. You have to link it to your youtube account and they'll text you some kind of four digit code, but that's a one time thing. After that just hit the share button, select stream to youtube and that should be about it. After that the whole session gets saved and uploaded to youtube automatically and then you can edit the title and stuff like that on youtube afterwards.
Ailing Loran is probably my favorite Chalice dungeon so far. Feels the most original, and the beasts inside are great for farming. They give around 4k a pop.
Way better and easier to farm from there than a Fetid Rotted Lower Pthumeru dungeon. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I made that damn thing cause the first floor on the second layer is fucking insane. They threw in a fireball launching bitch, bell maiden, brainsucker, one of those fat things with a butchers cleaver all on that one platform. And on a floor above them they have a bell maiden with spiders. I at first fought the first floor, but then just opted to run passed cause that nonsense was god damn crazy.

RiggyRob

I believe you access the streaming options by pressing the share button. Then you set everything else up from there. You have to link it to your youtube account and they'll text you some kind of four digit code, but that's a one time thing. After that just hit the share button, select stream to youtube and that should be about it. After that the whole session gets saved and uploaded to youtube automatically and then you can edit the title and stuff like that on youtube afterwards.

Sweet - I assume you can still save the last 15 minutes of gameplay so that you can edit clips and upload them as videos right? Just in case you have to choose between streaming and recording the last 15 mins of gameplay, I think people would appreciate watching a ~5 minute boss fight more than 2 hours of meandering through the game.

Sweet - I assume you can still save the last 15 minutes of gameplay so that you can edit clips and upload them as videos right? Just in case you have to choose between streaming and recording the last 15 mins of gameplay, I think people would appreciate watching a ~5 minute boss fight more than 2 hours of meandering through the game.
I actually have no idea at all on that front. I just uploaded my full sessions.

RiggyRob

I actually have no idea at all on that front. I just uploaded my full sessions.

As it turns out, yes, you can stream and keep the last 15 minutes of gameplay, you just have to remember to save the video clip before you stop broadcasting - I tested it out a couple of times streaming myself, but I've deleted the streams. It amazes me how quick and easy it is to do, and I couldn't feel any difference in input lag, although I didn't try actually fighting any enemies. I might do a proper stream later, my NG+ character hasn't made any real progress and I've got some free time.

As promised, Pimmsy vs Pthumerian Descendant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Wp8QyjLrA

He's quite a challenging boss, even if you're overlevelled, simply because he's so aggressive and in your face. I think Pimmsy struggles with aggressive humanoid bosses since she keeps shooting them at the wrong time in the hope it'll stagger them, but she managed to pull through with the Descendant.

It would've been nice to have done a super-cut of the first few Chalice Dungeon bosses since they can be done pretty quickly, but unfortunately it just didn't turn out that way.

As it turns out, yes, you can stream and keep the last 15 minutes of gameplay, you just have to remember to save the video clip before you stop broadcasting - I tested it out a couple of times streaming myself, but I've deleted the streams. It amazes me how quick and easy it is to do, and I couldn't feel any difference in input lag, although I didn't try actually fighting any enemies. I might do a proper stream later, my NG+ character hasn't made any real progress and I've got some free time.

As promised, Pimmsy vs Pthumerian Descendant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Wp8QyjLrA

He's quite a challenging boss, even if you're overlevelled, simply because he's so aggressive and in your face. I think Pimmsy struggles with aggressive humanoid bosses since she keeps shooting them at the wrong time in the hope it'll stagger them, but she managed to pull through with the Descendant.

It would've been nice to have done a super-cut of the first few Chalice Dungeon bosses since they can be done pretty quickly, but unfortunately it just didn't turn out that way.
Yeah he's a pain in the ass if you don't get the parry timing down. I actually thought I recorded my last fight with him but I didn't cause that fell into the window where I just stopped caring about streaming cause nobody watches them any way. She's going to be in for some pain when she deals with the end of Eileens quest and if she ever makes it through to Pthumeru Ihyll and fights the stronger version of Descendant. I wonder how she did with Vanilla Watchdog?

RiggyRob

Yeah he's a pain in the ass if you don't get the parry timing down. I actually thought I recorded my last fight with him but I didn't cause that fell into the window where I just stopped caring about streaming cause nobody watches them any way. She's going to be in for some pain when she deals with the end of Eileens quest and if she ever makes it through to Pthumeru Ihyll and fights the stronger version of Descendant. I wonder how she did with Vanilla Watchdog?

Piece of cake with a +7 or +8 Cane, got him on the first try. Plus she deals with the large beast bosses better than the smaller humanoid ones anyway since they're very obliging and will stand still while you attack them - Bloody Crow of Cainhurst and the three hunters in Yahar'gul Chapel will wreck her.

wiibomb

I've been hearing this game's OST way to much, has FROM never thought of doing concerts out of this? they would be incredible in a theater

Piece of cake with a +7 or +8 Cane, got him on the first try. Plus she deals with the large beast bosses better than the smaller humanoid ones anyway since they're very obliging and will stand still while you attack them - Bloody Crow of Cainhurst and the three hunters in Yahar'gul Chapel will wreck her.
But those hunters are laughably easy if you don't rush in and know how to cheese. Oh god I shouldn't have stopped streaming just to show you that fight. Pretty much just go in, walk down the stairs, visceral the first guy after a back stab, dash out, and if he's still alive sneak back in and repeat the process. I usually dash out and run back to the lamp room. After you hear the guy with the cane getting aggroed, run out and go to the lamp room. He won't follow you in there, he'll try to attack you from the other side of the wall or outside of it. With the cane just attack his ass through the wall. After that just take care of the rifle spear hunter. Headache complete. They haven't been hard for several playthroughs now actually with that method.

BumRush

After getting through Abhorrent Beast, Bloodletting beast, the defiled bosses, etc. the Queen was a bit of a let down. She is one of the 5 or 6 easiest bosses in the game!

Just need the non-umbilical cord endings for platinum, but I'm going to do the DLC first.

Edit: How do you save before the ending? Probably not going to do NG++.

wiibomb

After getting through Abhorrent Beast, Bloodletting beast, the defiled bosses, etc. the Queen was a bit of a let down. She is one of the 5 or 6 easiest bosses in the game!

Just need the non-umbilical cord endings for platinum, but I'm going to do the DLC first.

she's more of an event, in the same manner as Micolash, the battle is not extremely difficult, but there is much more to find in those battles than in an average impossible one, for example, the watchdog of the old lords is quite difficult on the defiled dungeon, but there is not much lore there, instead the commentary from Micolash, as well as the queens attacks and sound tell more than an average battle.

to be honest, she and micolash are one of my top events in the game, they tell a lot by battling them

Cloud Save or USB Stick Save and then turn off Auto Save function.

Run through one ending for one trophy and then download save from Cloud/USB and do other ending for other trophy.

Don't forget to turn Auto Save back on afterwards.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Cloud Save or USB Stick Save and then turn off Auto Save function.

Run through one ending for one trophy and then download save from Cloud/USB and do other ending for other trophy.

Don't forget to turn Auto Save back on afterwards.

Autosave isn't needed. Copy to USB before the fight. Do the fight. Get one ending. Copy from USB. Reload.

Top Bottom