• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Woo! Finally killed the Cleric Beast! Hunter Axe is definitely more my weapon over the silly Threaded Cane. :p

Question (that makes me sound and feel terrible at this game): the two big werewolf dudes outside the Cleric Beast boss area - they suck and I hate them. How am I supposed to take them down?

taparoo

Woo! Finally killed the Cleric Beast! Hunter Axe is definitely more my weapon over the silly Threaded Cane. :p

Question (that makes me sound and feel terrible at this game): the two big werewolf dudes outside the Cleric Beast boss area - they suck and I hate them. How am I supposed to take them down?

they can be pretty tough early on, if you don't mind being cheesy you can get their attention and then run down the stairs into the house nearby. they can't fit through the doorway, so you can hit and run without worrying about them following

pixxxelz

Simon's Bowblade is kind of op isn't it.. I decide it to use it on amygdala after upgrading it to +10 and I killed it with just 6 arrows lol.
well, I used more but I missed a few of them.

https://youtu.be/WzSvyZrjxXo

I'm a bit over leveled for the fight (lvl 86) but still.

manfestival

So I just killed the spider guy and this nightmare library and he said something to me in English and now I feel like he was probably an NPC and now I am wondering if I screwed my game up or if I should be okay even though I killed the guy

A bullet to the face :) fire is also effective or hit leave them hanging out.

Dahbomb

Simon's Bowblade is kind of op isn't it.. I decide it to use it on amygdala after upgrading it to +10 and I killed it with just 6 arrows lol.

Damn only 37 Bloodtinge too. That's a lot of damage and that's not even using a buff like Bone Ash (which it won't work with it but still it's nice to know that even the base damage is high with it).

Would help a lot in some harder Chalice bosses.

So I just killed the spider guy and this nightmare library and he said something to me in English and now I feel like he was probably an NPC and now I am wondering if I screwed my game up or if I should be okay even though I killed the guy
That was uncharitable done dear friend!

It's ok to kill him he does give you a gesture and a rune iirc, neither of which are gamebreaking not to get.

myco666

To be fair you shouldn't have +10 weapon when fighting her but that damage is really good. It is basically same as using Evelyn or RP with BMA but you don't have to use expensive buff and you can get 30+ shots out of it with the same damage. Only problem I have with it is that it is super boring to use.

RiggyRob

Pimmsy's getting close to 30 Vit/30 End/30 Skill, so what would be the best thing to concentrate on after that? She's got 18 Bloodtinge as she's using the Evelyn, I'm just wondering whether I should tell her to focus on Bloodtinge and split between Vitality and Skill now, or should she keep going with Skill?

It's a shame a lot of the DLC weapons need a fair bit of Strength to use, but she doesn't know Simon's Bowblade exists yet so it could be cool to surprise her with that.

DarkFlame

Banned
Played the GOTY edition of this game,finished it today except the Chalice Dungeons.
What an excellent game that was really.I cant get enough of Soulsborne games

Though I wish it was a bit bigger to be honest,both the main game and the expansion.Nevertheless,can't wait for Bloodborne 2(make that happen already)

myco666

Pimmsy's getting close to 30 Vit/30 End/30 Skill, so what would be the best thing to concentrate on after that? She's got 18 Bloodtinge as she's using the Evelyn, I'm just wondering whether I should tell her to focus on Bloodtinge and split between Vitality and Skill now, or should she keep going with Skill?

It's a shame a lot of the DLC weapons need a fair bit of Strength to use, but she doesn't know Simon's Bowblade exists yet so it could be cool to surprise her with that.

Well it depends on what weapons she is using or is interested in using. I would probably bump Skill to 40-50 and BT to 30-40. Skill got somewhat shafted with the DLC weapons but there are still bunch of good weapons for Skill in the DLC.

FG against Bowblade NG+. Seriously this weapon. I hate it and it is stupid but damn does it make some bosses way too easy.

Arcane if she wants to use some magic. I think Old Hunters Bone, Tiny Tonitrus and A Call Beyond are probably the best arcane spells, granted I haven't used A Call Beyond yet cause that's a heavy stat investment. If she wants to use the Chikage then Bloodtinge.

RiggyRob

Well it depends on what weapons she is using or is interested in using. I would probably bump Skill to 40-50 and BT to 30-40. Skill got somewhat shafted with the DLC weapons but there are still bunch of good weapons for Skill in the DLC.

FG against Bowblade NG+. Seriously this weapon. I hate it and it is stupid but damn does it make some bosses way too easy.

Arcane if she wants to use some magic. I think Old Hunters Bone, Tiny Tonitrus and A Call Beyond are probably the best arcane spells, granted I haven't used A Call Beyond yet cause that's a heavy stat investment. If she wants to use the Chikage then Bloodtinge.

She wants fast weapons, so it looks like Skill/Bloodtinge will be the way to go for her, although no doubt she'll want to use the bow too.

I've steered her away from Arcane and Strength as she's not going to reach 40 Arcane for A Call Beyond until NG+ at least, and although she wants to use the Cannon 30 Strength is just too much as well especially since it just eats up bullets. I haven't really seen what the DLC weapons are like other than the bow above, so maybe 10 levels or so in Strength would be good just to use them, but she still won't be using them to their best potential.

She's liking the Threaded Cane's whip and the Rifle Spear for its massive lunge attack, once she beats Bloody Crow of Cainhurst she can start ripping through people with the Blade of Mercy.

She wants fast weapons, so it looks like Skill/Bloodtinge will be the way to go for her, although no doubt she'll want to use the bow too.

I've steered her away from Arcane and Strength as she's not going to reach 40 Arcane for A Call Beyond until NG+ at least, and although she wants to use the Cannon 30 Strength is just too much as well especially since it just eats up bullets. I haven't really seen what the DLC weapons are like other than the bow above, so maybe 10 levels or so in Strength would be good just to use them, but she still won't be using them to their best potential.

She's liking the Threaded Cane's whip and the Rifle Spear for its massive lunge attack, once she beats Bloody Crow of Cainhurst she can start ripping through people with the Blade of Mercy.
Blades of Mercy is so fun, but I hate getting it through completing her quest, yet I always kill Henyk cause I have such a good system for that fight now. I have never used the Cannon and I'm still trying to figure out what's a good DLC weapon to use. Oddly enough BoM does native arcane damage as well so it helps a little to bump up the arcane stat for it. I have noticed that it does a good amount of damage on certain pain in the ass enemies. It's a great one on one fight weapon and easiest weapon to use unlocked in my opinion.

phinious

Hi all, I'm new to Bloodborne and souls games all together. This game is super fun! I have a few questions if anyone can chime in.

I find myself dodging almost exclusively to shooting people. The interrupts with bullets seem really unreliable. Is this normal? Should I emphasize shooting more?

So far I've been leveling only vitality and strength. I just got the Ludwig weapon. Can anyone recommend what stats I shoul be lvling?

Is it worth leveling Ludwig over the hunters axe? So far the axe seems better.

Is there an in game map? I feel like I've explored everywhere and have no idea where else I can go.

BumRush

Hi all, I'm new to Bloodborne and souls games all together. This game is super fun! I have a few questions if anyone can chime in.

I find myself dodging almost exclusively to shooting people. The interrupts with bullets seem really unreliable. Is this normal? Should I emphasize shooting more?

So far I've been leveling only vitality and strength. I just got the Ludwig weapon. Can anyone recommend what stats I shoul be lvling?

Is there an in game map? I feel like I've explored everywhere and have no idea where else I can go.

As for the axe vs. LHB debate, ludwigs has a higher damage output but if you like the moveset of the axe more (R2 to win), it's a great weapon. If you choose ludwigs it also scales well with skill.

The shooting timing is tricky, but once you get it down, there's some bosses that get infinitely easier (humanoid bosses).

Doomsayer

Hey guys, quick question.

I just realized in order to get the Accursed Brew you need to get the Milkweed rune, which I did not (I goofed and shot Saint Adeline on accident--oops). Are there any alternative methods to getting the brew or do I need to do another run on NG++++? NG3 has already proven to be difficult so I'm not sure I want to do another run.

On the other end; is there a cloud save I can get from anyone that can give me the trophy for all hunters weapons? I hate doing this, but I really don't to start a new character or do another run at lvl 180.

Thanks!

myco666

I just realized in order to get the Accursed Brew you need to get the Milkweed rune, which I did not (I goofed and shot Saint Adeline on accident--oops). Are there any alternative methods to getting the brew or do I need to do another run on NG++++? NG3 has already proven to be difficult so I'm not sure I want to do another run.

On the other end; is there a cloud save I can get from anyone that can give me the trophy for all hunters weapons? I hate doing this, but I really don't to start a new character or do another run at lvl 180.

Thanks!

There was some info on Fextra that
you can kill the NPC in Fishing Hamlet that says "Byrgenwerth... Byrgenwerth..." etc. to get that tool.
But that might be just false information.

You don't need those tools for the weapon trophy though. You should be able to get all weapons in the DLC at any point unless you killed
Harrowed Hunter
. Or did I completely misunderstood what you meant with that second question?

edit.

Ewww BoM. I would keep the Cane as it is much more versatile than BoM and much easier to use against bosses in general. Definetily recommend to put some points into Str so that she can atleast try the movesets of the new Str weapons. Atleast I think that is part of the fun.

Manu

you can kill the NPC in Fishing Hamlet that says "Byrgenwerth... Byrgenwerth..." etc. to get that tool.

Can that guy even be killed? I tried, and he kept getting up, even with his lifebar empty.

Thanks!

So far as I know, no, you cant get it. there is no hunter weapon on the sidequest reward, just a hunter tool.

Maybe you are mistaking the rune with the Kos arm

Doomsayer

You don't need those tools for the weapon trophy though. You should be able to get all weapons in the DLC at any point unless you killed
Harrowed Hunter
. Or did I completely misunderstood what you meant with that second question?

So far as I know, no, you cant get it. there is no hunter weapon on the sidequest reward, just a hunter tool.

Maybe you are mistaking the rune with the Kos arm

So, I don't need to get the Accursed Brew to gain the weapons trophy???

dan2026

I have an urgent need of a complete badass to help me beat Martyr Logarius.

I have started a newish game and am trying to get the Chikage.
One problem is this huge asshole in my way.

Would be very grateful for someones help.

myco666

I would really like to help since that is one of my favorites but there is a server maintenance for few days so no coop.

As for tips you can actually get charged attacks on his back rather easily and maybe even Visceral depending on what he has casted right before it. When he goes to powerup stance (the crouch) do a charge attack on his back and Visceral. You get bunch free damage and it will remove his buff. Also put high Arcane defense attire set and try parry those melee moves.

I dont think there is a Old Hunter NPC there, coop is down sadly

RiggyRob

Episode 6, Pimmsy vs. Shadow of Yarnham: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PFRtb1J7Cs

This is where the NPC summons get silly - although the concept of a 3 on 3 fight is really cool, having Henryk and the Younger Madaras Twin just breaks the difficulty of this fight into thirds.

Not that the fight is difficult when two of them are dead, but you can actually see Pimmsy consider letting the NPCs finish the fight for her, before I told her that would make for a anti-climactic end to the video.

Episode 6, Pimmsy vs. Shadow of Yarnham: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PFRtb1J7Cs

This is where the NPC summons get silly - although the concept of a 3 on 3 fight is really cool, having Henryk and the Younger Madaras Twin just breaks the difficulty of this fight into thirds.

Not that the fight is difficult when two of them are dead, but you can actually see Pimmsy consider letting the NPCs finish the fight for her, before I told her that would make for a anti-climactic end to the video.
The Shadows got fucking ganked. Granted I think I can finish the fight way faster solo, but since so much aggro is pulled off you you don't really have to worry about parrying and being aggressive yet cautious regarding your spacing and the fireballs being hurled at you.

I have never used the Hunter's Axe but as far as I know it can do Ludwig's job just fine being a large high damage weapon with a cheesy charged R2, while Ludwig's tends to fit into other builds that doesn't have a replacement for it.

If you time your shooting right against attacks you can usually get a "parry" with a bullet and then reposte for huge damage, so it's worth it to learn how to do that (unless you're running a Strength build with no Skill, which relies more on just staggering everything).

That didn't look much different from how online coop in that battle goes, it's just a way to get that kind of help in the offline play mode as I see it.

RiggyRob

The Shadows got fucking ganked. Granted I think I can finish the fight way faster solo, but since so much aggro is pulled off you you don't really have to worry about parrying and being aggressive yet cautious regarding your spacing and the fireballs being hurled at you.

That didn't look much different from how online coop in that battle goes, it's just a way to get that kind of help in the offline play mode as I see it.

Yup, in fact I wonder if they added the NPC summons with players like Pimmsy in mind. Banging your head against a boss stops being fun after a while.

Sort of like what's happening with her and the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst right now. She's getting wrecked exactly like I thought she would, but it's actually the sheer damage of the Repeating Pistol + getting staggered and then visceraled herself which is the problem, she's got a pretty good battle plan with the Rifle Spear at the moment.

Yup, in fact I wonder if they added the NPC summons with players like Pimmsy in mind. Banging your head against a boss stops being fun after a while.

Sort of like what's happening with her and the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst right now. She's getting wrecked exactly like I thought she would, but it's actually the sheer damage of the Repeating Pistol + getting staggered and then visceraled herself which is the problem, she's got a pretty good battle plan with the Rifle Spear at the moment.
I have never went at that fight with the rifle spear. Yeah it pays to out range him, but the charge might be too slow. I just lure him to the stairs and hope to god I don't either get double shot by his pistol or shot while I'm attacking. I've always used the whip form of the cane, I think bolt paper helps too.

RiggyRob

I have never went at that fight with the rifle spear. Yeah it pays to out range him, but the charge might be too slow. I just lure him to the stairs and hope to god I don't either get double shot by his pistol or shot while I'm attacking. I've always used the whip form of the cane, I think bolt paper helps too.

He has a habit of just walking your attacks, so the super lunge with the Rifle Spear is incredibly useful. You can almost get him into a pattern of charge -> lunge -> dodge back -> charge and repeat, or at least that's what I'm seeing at the moment.

He has a habit of just walking your attacks, so the super lunge with the Rifle Spear is incredibly useful. You can almost get him into a pattern of charge -> lunge -> dodge back -> charge and repeat, or at least that's what I'm seeing at the moment.
Very interesting indeed. I think I waited for him to charge than I attacked, then I backed up again, I'd really have to look at my last fight with him again.

Robot Pants

It's great, but you gotta watch the stamina usage. It still has more pros than cons.
Except against Logarius. They seem to go right through him in his second form.

I used the Bowblade on a Depth 2 chalice boss and was surprised at how significant the damage was. Granted it was +7 but most bloodtinge firearms barely do anything without Bone Marrow Ash.

myco666

oh probably.
Speaking of. Did they tweek that fight? Seemed to lag a lot more than I remember.

I don't know but I also feel like he is much slower than I remember.

I used the Bowblade on a Depth 2 chalice boss and was surprised at how significant the damage was. Granted it was +7 but most bloodtinge firearms barely do anything without Bone Marrow Ash.

It basically is a firearm that doesn't need BMA. Does some really good damage and is 'cheap' to use. It uses bunch of stamina though while firearms don't so you can't just shoot mindlessly.

I feel like the damage of everything in the game is higher, but that might be placebo since I haven't been at the game in such a long time.
It basically is a firearm that doesn't need BMA. Does some really good damage and is 'cheap' to use. It uses bunch of stamina though while firearms don't so you can't just shoot mindlessly.
I think ultimately it's not going to be a choice between the bow or BMA's firearms for which one is better, but the bow will be used to finish off bosses after you've run out of BMA as long as you don't run out of blood vials to make more arrows (EDIT: or use the bow first and then BMA the boss when it's in a phase you want to kill it quickly in)

Melchiah

Damn. I want to see how it works against the naked Watcher with a Club, Abhorrent Beast, and Pthumerian Descendant in Ihyll chalice. =)

Had the bright idea to do the chalice dungeons on my new skill build whipping girl. Breezing through it and I just beat defiled watchdoge.

Not looking forward to Amygdala though.

Top Bottom