• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

DrkSage

The trophy activation triggers it's own photo too.

yes but the thing was that I was in the share menu saving the boss fight video and that's when the Plat appeared and now its preview photo is me saving the video lol :p such a nice trophy ruined. if only there was a way to remove the preview.

Elfstruck

LOL, R
om
in chalice is fking ridiculous. Is it just me or did she gain a new aoe attack beside her two aoes in the main game?

So was it really all just
a dream?
I don't really understand the story.

That aspect seems to be left purposefully ambiguous. Miyazaki loves to do that.
I think there's evidence to indicate either way. I think it's actually really interesting that you finish the game and wonder "was that all a dream, or was it real?". Personally, I think it's some sort of mix. i.e., you're awake in the world, but going mad along with everyone else because of the Great Ones/the Moon/the Blood/etc. Resulting in your dreams and nightmares melding into reality.

taybul

DrkSage

Question: does the 10+/- level difference apply in PvP too or is it just a Co-op thing? I was going through Nightmare frontier with my PvE character that's level 155 and I got invaded by another player and he tells me he's level 180.

RexNovis

Banned
Question: does the 10+/- level difference apply in PvP too or is it just a Co-op thing? I was going through Nightmare frontier with my PvE character that's level 155 and I got invaded by another player and he tells me he's level 180.

It's +/- (10 + 10% of your lvl)

Anyone willing to help me take down
daughter of the Cosmo
I'm level 89 and gonna lose my mind to this boss.
I think I can help you but you'd need to level up 2x to be in my range. Think you could do that?

Violater

Eyeball pigs are assholes
LLShC.gif

Dez_

Eyeball pigs are assholes
LLShC.gif

I find it easier to stay close to them so they don't do charging attacks, then it's a matter of attacking them after they miss you. Of course, fighting more than one complicates that, but as long as they don't charge you, it's not so bad.

So after having it for a while and never using it, I decided to give the
Rifle Spear
a whirl.

Man, the charged thrust attack does some work.

So I finally got my copy of Bloodborne!

Guys/Gals I beat the Cleric Wolf thing on the Bridge and the Father in the graveyard. I climbed my way to the top of the church looking thing and I'm fighting Vicar Amanda(?) and I'm getting beat hardcore. Closest I got was half hp before I ran out of blood echos. Any tips for a newb? Think I'm level 18 about now. I heard there was another boss that is easier, but I don't know where...
Edit: Fixed and SP

Got the Platinum!

Level 143 and just under 61 hours.

Final stats are. (might be off by a point here or there)

VIT: 50
END: 31
STR 42
SKL 42
Blood 10
ARK: 15

Main weapon was the Holy Blade + Hunters rifle

Overall yeah. Fun game if lacking the overall scope and variety of Dark Souls 1. Didn't really have trouble with much of the bosses as well I think I finished the story around level 100 and the rest of the levels came pretty fast on the high level chalice dungeons where you can get 100k+ souls in less then 10 minutes just clearing out a floor.

Hardest bosses where normally the ones that super fast and aggressive. When you just have to be on your game with blocking to not get killed in a single combo.

Farther G being the main story boss that did that. Also that
fucker at the end of the Crow Hunter
side quest.

Chalice bosses that get a special "fuck you" from me are.
High level Abhorrent Beast. Fuck you!
Pthumerian Descendant! Fuuuuck you!
And of course how can I forget the Defiled Watch dog.

Bring on DLC!

grrrrrr
fuck you Gerhemn, cant spell

cheap :p

i need to grind some more , my level 90 is too weak since i am awful at dodging and memorizing pattens D:

Toxi

Banned

Guys/Gals I beat the Cleric Wolf thing on the Bridge and the Father in the graveyard. I climbed my way to the top of the church looking thing and I'm fighting Vicar Amanda(?) and I'm getting beat hardcore. Closest I got was half hp before I ran out of blood echos. Any tips for a newb? Think I'm level 18 about now. I heard there was another boss that is easier, but I don't know where...
Make sure to upgrade your weapon. There's an easier area to the left of the big church where the boss you're currently fighting is; it will also provide upgrade materials for your weapon. There's also another easier area accessible from the left exit of the Cathedral Ward.

There's a couple of optional areas you could go if you want an easier time.

To the left of the Grand Cathedral is Hemwick Charnel Lane. You could also open the tomb in Cathedral Ward and find your way to Old Yharnam

grrrrrr
fuck you Gerhemn, cant spell

cheap :p

i need to grind some more , my level 90 is too weak since i am awful at dodging and memorizing pattens D:
You don't need to grind, your current level is still far more than needed. You can't be that bad at memorizing patterns and dodging if you've come this far.

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Not used to this thread going without a new post

Alo0oy

Banned
MP has been awesome since I installed the patch (with a few hiccups though), I've been playing a lot of coop & PvP over the past two days.

Make sure to upgrade your weapon. There's an easier area to the left of the big church where the boss you're currently fighting is; it will also provide upgrade materials for your weapon. There's also another easier area accessible from the left exit of the Cathedral Ward.

There's a couple of optional areas you could go if you want an easier time.

To the left of the Grand Cathedral is Hemwick Charnel Lane. You could also open the tomb in Cathedral Ward and find your way to Old Yharnam
Thx. I went through the right side and fought most of them. I think there might be one place I didn't explore? Will go back. Is it near the
cthulu head thing? There was a jump off point. Also what is the password to the ... other cathredral thing? (Lol)
Edit: Left. There is no right side.

Xeteh

Thx. I went through the right side and fought most of them. I think there might be one place I didn't explore? Will go back. Is it near the
cthulu head thing? There was a jump off point. Also what is the password to the ... other cathredral thing? (Lol)
Edit: Left. There is no right side.

You'll find out the password soon enough, no worries.

You'll find out the password soon enough, no worries.
Cool. Is there a point to the side quests? Two early sidequest spoilers:
I got the elderly woman who swore at me and nothing happened. That's okay, but then I met this window kid. He gave me a music box, which I accidently figured out on Father boss, and I found the red jewel. When I gave it back all he did was cry. I couldn't even bring him to the safe spot to protect him.

Afrocious

Finally got the Platinum trophy. Hardest thing in the game to get it had to be everything you have to do to even fight
Queen Yharnam

Question:

I'm at the
Forbidden Woods
section of the game, gave it a quick bash and found it a bit hard when I progressed more. How does this level/location rate in terms of difficulty to the previous sections of the game? Is it a big difficult spike or is it relatively the same?

Question:

I'm at the
Forbidden Woods
section of the game, gave it a quick bash and found it a bit hard when I progressed more. How does this level/location rate in terms of difficulty to the previous sections of the game? Is it a big difuclty spike or is it relatively the same?

This is the part where you should focus on upgrading a weapon you like using as much as you can. You can pick up Twin Blood Shards in this area, so you can go to +6 with them. You should also be picking up better blood gems in the area/from enemy drops to slot into your weapons. At this point, you can probably also go into a Chalice Dungeon and find some decent gems in there.

Just be careful of the range of enemy attacks, try to make fights 1v1, take advantage of the environment (hide behind trees or rocks to avoid some attacks), and don't be greedy with your attacks.

This is the part where you should focus on upgrading a weapon you like using as much as you can. You can pick up Twin Blood Shards in this area, so you can go to +6 with them. You should also be picking up better blood gems in the area/from enemy drops to slot into your weapons. At this point, you can probably also go into a Chalice Dungeon and find some decent gems in there.

Just be careful of the range of enemy attacks, try to make fights 1v1, take advantage of the environment (hide behind trees or rocks to avoid some attacks), and don't be greedy with your attacks.

Here are my current stats. (Off-screen grab)

patchday

Cool. Is there a point to the side quests? Two early sidequest spoilers:
I got the elderly woman who swore at me and nothing happened. That's okay, but then I met this window kid. He gave me a music box, which I accidently figured out on Father boss, and I found the red jewel. When I gave it back all he did was cry. I couldn't even bring him to the safe spot to protect him.

it's a
she
btw :)

Top Bottom