• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Got to the nightmare of mensis, it's tough! Haven't even gotten to the building yet... Should I go for the DLC now instead? I tried a little and got to Ludwig then noped the fuck out but I'm thinking now is as good a time as any. (level 75)

Got to the nightmare of mensis, it's tough! Haven't even gotten to the building yet... Should I go for the DLC now instead? I tried a little and got to Ludwig then noped the fuck out but I'm thinking now is as good a time as any. (level 75)

Weapon upgrade level? you can safety go for the DLC

Managed to get a good few hours in last night and went to the upper cathedral area and lost about 10 insight coz of the brainsuckers. Anyway managed to progress and then beat the
Big Alien boss
in my first attempt then beat the
Daughter of the Cosmos
after a few attempts, I just stayed behind it and went nuts with my Holy Blade.

I managed to find
Cainhurst
which is an amazing area and reminded me of the
painted world. After a few attempts I beat the King as well.

So as far as I can tell, all I have left is to explore is the area from the 2nd lantern in Nightmare of mensis (where the brain creatures are walking on the bridge) and I need to fight a hunter in the cathedral (where I faced the Vicar Amelia).

Is there anything else I’ve missed?

This was my previous progress

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192078000&postcount=14927

Also beat
Rom and Amygdala

Brakke

Banned
I managed to find
Cainhurst
which is an amazing area and reminded me of the
painted world. After a few attempts I beat the King as well.

That guy wasn't the King. He was a hunter, there to seal the Queen away forever. "Martyr" he's styled. After you beat him and meet her, you can advance Alfred's quest if he's still alive.

So as far as I can tell, all I have left is to explore is the area from the 2nd lantern in Nightmare of mensis (where the brain creatures are walking on the bridge) and I need to fight a hunter in the cathedral (where I faced the Vicar Amelia).

Is there anything else I’ve missed?

That sounds like everything I did up to that point. Did you get into Iosefka's clinic? (Up the stairs from where you start the game.)

Drencrom

There is a suble hint about this guy.

odeon_dweller_499x281_low.jpg
and his possible fate.

There is a sealed door down there which connects Old Yharman to Yahargul

Hmm, could you explain?

Whelp I've managed to defeat Amelia again with my str/arcane...probably just soon to be Str/Skill cause I don't think I could be bothered to level up Arcane anymore cause even the god damn Tonitrus just keeps a D scaling with it so I see no reason to upgrade that. I'm pretty sure I'll just be LHB, Tonitrus, Beast Cutter and Pizza Cutter with this character. I'm at like 42 I think and I'm staring down the barrel of the gun known as the dlc. I'm dreading going through there to get the Beast Cutter and Pizza Cutter.

taybul

Whelp I've managed to defeat Amelia again with my str/arcane...probably just soon to be Str/Skill cause I don't think I could be bothered to level up Arcane anymore cause even the god damn Tonitrus just keeps a D scaling with it so I see no reason to upgrade that. I'm pretty sure I'll just be LHB, Tonitrus, Beast Cutter and Pizza Cutter with this character. I'm at like 42 I think and I'm staring down the barrel of the gun known as the dlc. I'm dreading going through there to get the Beast Cutter and Pizza Cutter.

Arcane is such an odd build at the start since there doesn't seem to be an incentive to level it other than to make sure you don't have to catch up later when you start getting useful tools. I don't think you get your first tool until Forbidden Woods, and it's roar at that. I'm pushing through with my Arc/Str char myself (just killed Amelia, about to go in either Forbidden Woods or Cainhurst, Hemswick and BSB also completed) and leveling up Arcane hasn't felt all that beneficial yet.

Arcane is such an odd build at the start since there doesn't seem to be an incentive to level it other than to make sure you don't have to catch up later when you start getting useful tools. I don't think you get your first tool until Forbidden Woods, and it's roar at that. I'm pushing through with my Arc/Str char myself (just killed Amelia, about to go in either Forbidden Woods or Cainhurst) and leveling up Arcane hasn't felt all that beneficial yet.
I've already ran Skill/Arcane and I know all about the tools, it's just my weirdest build. Good against somethings, just bleh in others. I don't hate that character at all, just the damage output is just weird. Elemental gems are fuck all useless so I don't even get much of a benefit from that either.

Hmm, could you explain?

The red robe is a hint.

The blood starved beasts so far uses red robes, implying the red robed guys were used as blood rituals on the chapels in Old Yharman. Since the Oedon chapel guy is the last one red robe remaining, he would probably be the next one used against his will in a blood ritual in the next hunting and he didnt transform in the events of Bloodborne possibly because he filled the whole chapel with incense to repel the beasts. if you bring the bald guy, he stays outside the chapel because of that

I've already ran Skill/Arcane and I know all about the tools, it's just my weirdest build. Good against somethings, just bleh in others. I don't hate that character at all, just the damage output is just weird. Elemental gems are fuck all useless so I don't even get much of a benefit from that either.

Unless you find the Arcane scaling gem then yes, elemental gems are weird like always.

Unless you find the Arcane scaling gem then yes, elemental gems are weird like always.
I have my arcane at 13, I'm tempted to go 25 arc and skill and just go the rest in Strength, but even that I don't really use the tools enough on my other character any way minus the occasional sticky situation. I'll probably just stay str/skill and call it a day. LHB, is doing some good damage at +5 with 25 strength and skill in the mid teens. Can't wait to get that Pizza Cutter but that dlc at level 41...fuck.

I have my arcane at 13, I'm tempted to go 25 arc and skill and just go the rest in Strength, but even that I don't really use the tools enough on my other character any way minus the occasional sticky situation. I'll probably just stay str/skill and call it a day. LHB, is doing some good damage at +5 with 25 strength and skill in the mid teens. Can't wait to get that Pizza Cutter but that dlc at level 41...fuck.

Just run it, that's what I did and I was around level 40ish, it's doable you just have to be quick!

What build are you trying to do? Arcane build needs the Beast Roar early and then Ebrietas , the DLC have the blacksky eye to make everything easier but is too damm hard to get it early

What build are you trying to do? Arcane build needs the Beast Roar early and then Ebrietas , the DLC have the blacksky eye to make everything easier but is too damm hard to get it early
With my skill/arcane character I think skill and arcane are already at 50 or at least 43 or something for arcane so I've already used all the tools. With this new one well I don't really run builds per se cause I just don't stop leveling so it's never been too much of a priority. I think for the most part I have the most fun meleeing it unless I need extra gun damage. I think my most used spells have been Black Sky Eye and Tiny Tonitrus.

Coppanuva

Got to BSB and man... he was easy when I had an Old Hunter pal helping, then he killed it and I got destroyed. Not sure what I'm supposed to do here. I'd try Molotovs but he just moves too fast I don't think any of them would connect ever. Also is there a faster way to him? I have the ladder shortcut opened, but I have to run by the gatling gun guy and then through the town past all the wolf guys so it's kinda a long trek.

Sulik2

Couldn't teleport to the Grand Catherdral for some reason, go inside and some crazy hunter lady attacks me. She had neat dialogue. Fun fight, easy once I realized she would charge in at me at the perfect pace to get her with the Hunter Axe two-handed R2 swing. Did I miss a quest with this lady or something?

Couldn't teleport to the Grand Catherdral for some reason, go inside and some crazy hunter lady attacks me. She had neat dialogue. Fun fight, easy once I realized she would charge in at me at the perfect pace to get her with the Hunter Axe two-handed R2 swing. Did I miss a quest with this lady or something?
You must have ignored Eileen for a long ass time. I think I'm ignoring her for my NG+ or NG++ character I don't remember. I have no reason to do her quest anymore.

myco666

Yeah that was Eileen and that is what happens when you don't finish her questline. She is very easy to miss.

Eileen, she have a sidequest right at the beginning of the game, if you dont follow it you have to kill her, if you follow her quest she gives you a unique rune

Eileen she have a sidequest right at the beginning of the game, if you dont follow it you have to kill her, if you follow her quest she gives you a unique rune
At the cost of fighting an annoying cheap ass boss. Every time I roll a new character that doesn't even utilize the BOM I'm like "why the fuck am I doing her quest?" I know the end result of the damn thing, but I keep on doing it.

Ghazi

At the cost of fighting an annoying cheap ass boss. Every time I roll a new character that doesn't even utilize the BOM I'm like "why the fuck am I doing her quest?" I know the end result of the damn thing, but I keep on doing it.

I agree that he's pretty cheap, but they also left loopholes to abuse to very, very easily kill him if you're struggling. Dude is a really good fight, though, really helped me nail down my dash timings for the i-frames, so I wouldn't recommend that people do that.

Fhtagn

My wife, who has never played a 3-D video game before, but has decided she wants to start this year, started playing Bloodborne last night.

We had a very good time; late in the session she managed to survive being ambushed from behind by three of the early game dudes near the crucified werewolf.

She's still getting the hang of pushing the correct buttons at the correct time while under pressure, but even so she's enjoying herself and I'm tickled pink by the tiny successes along the way. She properly timed a charge attack to instantly kill one of the saber dudes who was charging at her.

Learning to use the camera while moving is proving a bit tricky. I'm very curious to see how long it takes to get acclimated to modern game control.

Ghazi

My wife, who has never played a 3-D video game before, but has decided she wants to start this year, started playing Bloodborne last night.

We had a very good time; late in the session she managed to survive being ambushed from behind by three of the early game dudes near the crucified werewolf.

She's still getting the hang of pushing the correct buttons at the correct time while under pressure, but even so she's enjoying herself and I'm tickled pink by the tiny successes along the way. She properly timed a charge attack to instantly kill one of the saber dudes who was charging at her.

Learning to use the camera while moving is proving a bit tricky. I'm very curious to see how long it takes to get acclimated to modern game control.

Tell her that whenever she beats this game, she won't have any trouble with games ever again, lol.

Honestly, the stamina regeneration is too fast without the Rune, using the Rune lowers it but is barely noticeable if you are good managing stamina without depleting it

Honestly, the stamina regeneration is too fast without the Rune, using the Rune lowers it but is barely noticeable if you are good managing stamina without depleting it
Endurance is practically my least prioritized stat so I'm not too bad at it. When it gets to a point where I'm running out too much is when I increase it. Only one character of mine has high endurance and that's my NG++ character with 34 endurance, I have no urge to move it higher than that on her. I don't my current character only has 12 or 13 endurance. I don't bump that up too much, I'm all about the damage stats usually.

Endurance is practically my least prioritized stat so I'm not too bad at it. When it gets to a point where I'm running out too much is when I increase it. Only one character of mine has high endurance and that's my NG++ character with 34 endurance, I have no urge to move it higher than that on her. I don't my current character only has 12 or 13 endurance. I don't bump that up too much, I'm all about the damage stats usually.

Endurance is great, for characters that uses weapons that consume a lot of stamina. You really want 210+ points for weapons like the pizza cutter or the moonlight blade.

If you use weapons like BoM is a stat you will be fine dedicating a few points.

Endurance is great, for characters that uses weapons that consume a lot of stamina. You really want 210+ points for weapons like the pizza cutter or the moonlight blade.

If you use weapons like BoM is a stat you will be fine dedicating a few points.
Oh ok, this is my first strength based character so I didn't think I'd need a lot of endurance cause I'm just used to skill weapon stamina drain, which is nowhere near that much.

Of course skill based weapon dont drain stamina that much because you will be using R1 and barely R2 and L2 attacks but the double handed weapons drains like half of the stamina with a single charged R2 so you need to invest in Stamina to not accidentally deplete it and suffer the consecuences.

Stamina also gives you a resistance bonus too, I dont remember if poison resistance

Of course skill based weapon dont drain stamina that much because you will be using R1 and barely R2 and L2 attacks but the double handed weapons drains like half of the stamina with a single charged R2 so you need to invest in Stamina to not accidentally deplete it and suffer the consecuences.

Stamina also gives you a resistance bonus too, I dont remember if poison resistance
Yeah it up slow poison I believe, I never pay too much attention to rapid poison cause I think only two or three enemies even do rapid poison damage. I usually have enough for two BoM R2's at the least.

Is there a reason to visit Cainhurst on NG+? I ran through it on NG and it was the one area that took me forever aside from Ebrietas. I planned to skip both this playthrough.

Ajeeeemmmm*

*vaatis voice*
Something random things you kinda miss in Cainhurst

Alfred sidequest, executioner armor set, the cainhurst armor set, the executioner hand spell, the rasperciarzar whathever weapon, the chikage huh....twin blood farm and Vileblood rune.

After cainhurst you unlock an armor set with decent stats

Ajeeeemmmm*

*vaatis voice*
Something random things you kinda miss in Cainhurst

Alfred sidequest, executioner armor set, the cainhurst armor set, the executioner hand spell, the rasperciarzar whathever weapon, the chikage huh....twin blood farm and Vileblood rune.

After cainhurst you unlock an armor set with decent stats

I obtained all of those items during NG. Twin blood stone shards isn't a huge deal to me right now as I'm needing chunks and another rock to have 2 +10s at all times. Finished the Alfred sidequest too. Achievement-wise, Cainhurst is essentially clean.

Mcdohl

Just wanted to share that I finished The Old Hunters with all trophies :)

Feels great to have Bloodborne back at 100%.

The all weapons trophy was particularly a nuisance because I missed the Holy Moonlight Sword.
Simon killed the head before I got the sword from Ludwig. And Simon was also dead after he gave me his Bowblade.

So I just went for NG+, and rushed my way back to killing Ludwig. All in less than an hour. I felt accomplished.

Trophy popped as soon as I got the Holy Moonlight Sword :)

Supreme game. And great DLC!

I felt it was too short though, or maybe there's just never enough Bloodborne :(

Just got through Hemwick and I think the Witch was the first disappointing boss I've faced so far. I appreciate that it was different than the rest, but ignoring the summons made it pretty trivial, though the twist with the additional witch got me and it took me a couple of tries to get through it. I want more giant beasts!

Gascoigne> BSB> Paarl> Amelia> Cleric Beast> Witches

Got to BSB and man... he was easy when I had an Old Hunter pal helping, then he killed it and I got destroyed. Not sure what I'm supposed to do here. I'd try Molotovs but he just moves too fast I don't think any of them would connect ever. Also is there a faster way to him? I have the ladder shortcut opened, but I have to run by the gatling gun guy and then through the town past all the wolf guys so it's kinda a long trek.
in the area with the wolves, go into the building where the wolf jumped out of. At the top of the stairs is a gate you can open. Now from the lamp you can just drop down from the roof that's right there and go through that gate.

As for BSB, just dodge past him on his right side as he's about to attack then hit him in the back.

Just got through Hemwick and I think the Witch was the first disappointing boss I've faced so far. I appreciate that it was different than the rest, but ignoring the summons made it pretty trivial, though the twist with the additional witch got me and it took me a couple of tries to get through it. I want more giant beasts!

Gascoigne> BSB> Paarl> Amelia> Cleric Beast> Witches

Don't worry, the witches are the worst in the game imo (in terms of boringness).

rtcn63

BSB is easy to parry. He's one of the few bosses I don't two-hand against, although there's always a chance he'll catch you with his gobble attack, which'll probably be an instant kill. And make sure to have antidotes on hand.

Top Bottom