• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

DC1

All non-chalice bosses killed and still can't win G
ehrman

His range is way too long and I can't time my parries correctly. Also I cannot dodge that air attack.
Coop him (I'm still proud of myself..) I finally gave up and pulled in a random and it turned out to be the easiest fight of the game.

I'm completely stuck on
Gehrman
, closest I've gotten to killing him is ~25% health. How do I even fight him in phase three? There are so few openings and because of his super armour, after I land a hit he just backsteps and one shots me with his bloody OP shotgun. Not to mention the bs air swipe that also one shots me :/

sn00zer

I'm completely stuck on
Gehrman
, closest I've gotten to killing him is ~25% health. How do I even fight him in phase three? There are so few openings and because of his super armour, after I land a hit he just backsteps and one shots me with his bloody OP shotgun

Be very careful in his final form I found you need to just wait until he finishes a combo and then you can only get one or two hits in. He will also stand still for one of his uper attacks. You can usually gt in 4 hits before you need to book it.

EDIT: ALSO VERY IMPORTANT
HE IS THE FINAL BOSS IF YOU BEAT HIM YOU WILL BE FORCED INTO NG+ AND HAVE NO WAY TO REEXPLORE AREAS YOU HAVENT FINISHED SO ONLY BEAT HIM IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE REALLY DONE AND READY TO START NG+

everybodyman

Neo Member
I'm completely stuck on
Gehrman
, closest I've gotten to killing him is ~25% health. How do I even fight him in phase three? There are so few openings and because of his super armour, after I land a hit he just backsteps and one shots me with his bloody OP shotgun

Lock on to him, and keep backstepping until he rolls to shoot at you. Shoot him with the blunderbuss or something else that packs a punch and he'll be stunned and you can visceral attack him. You can also block the shotgun bullets with the wooden shield, i think.

I just downed One Reborn, Amgydala, Firedoggie (the early version, which seems very very easy? I assume v2 is the one which is difficult) and celestial emissary (a joke) in one run. Feels good. Still being killed by Logarius. I don't do too badly, but I always run out of life, eventually vials, and eventually, willpower to farm more vials. I can kind of cheese him by rolling under his descending scythe attack and get quite far, but I eventually get staggered by a flying sword when he is descending and get destroyed. I could also destroy the swords but this is also very tedious, especially since he tends to recreate them within seconds.

This game would have been so much better (imho) with a much lower number of vials that respawned with you (but I am a broken record on this at this point).

I thought upper cathedral was pretty easy. Nightmare, however.. (it would be much easier without the one-shotting rock-throwing yeti). Haven't explored mensis much yet, since I can't figure out how to resist frenzy. Maybe I'll just spend all my insight, but it sounds dumb.

myco666

I just downed One Reborn, Amgydala, Firedoggie (the early version, which seems very very easy? I assume v2 is the one which is difficult) and celestial emissary (a joke) in one run. Feels good. Still being killed by Logarius. I don't do too badly, but I always run out of life, eventually vials, and eventually, willpower to farm more vials. I can kind of cheese him by rolling under his descending scythe attack and get quite far, but I eventually get staggered by a flying sword when he is descending and get destroyed. I could also destroy the swords but this is also very tedious, especially since he tends to recreate them within seconds.

This game would have been so much better (imho) with a much lower number of vials that respawned with you (but I am a broken record on this at this point).

Then restrict yourself from using more than certain amount of vials. Also help people with the boss. You learn the boss from it and get decent amount of echoes that you can use to buy vials.

Then restrict yourself from using more than certain amount of vials. Also help people with the boss. You learn the boss from it and get decent amount of echoes that you can use to buy vials.

I always do. Most of my boss fight rarely use more than 5 vials (unless I am very close to killing it and am running low on health). Most attempts I use no vials at all. But still, I eventually run out. I rarely beat bosses in less than ten trials. Often, more. Generally I struggle immensely more against bosses than general area. I haven't felt too much of a difficulty 'spike' in some areas like people mentioned. But bosses are inevitably a wall for me.

benjammin

I thought upper cathedral was pretty easy. Nightmare, however.. (it would be much easier without the one-shotting rock-throwing yeti). Haven't explored mensis much yet, since I can't figure out how to resist frenzy. Maybe I'll just spend all my insight, but it sounds dumb.

you can parry his aerial attack. Also have you tried back stabbing him when he buffs for phase 2? makes the rest of the fight fairly trivial. Hang out reasonably close to him in the second phase, bait his scythe attack, then parry it and hit him with a visceral attack. You should be able to get in a couple quick attacks as he's standing up as well

After editing a let's play video of me playing Bloodborne for the first time with a friend, I remembered there beeing quite a lot of swearing. So I went back to the main recording (of about 50 minutes of play time) and collected all outbursts of profanity. It was pretty humiliating. After quite a while I had almost two minutes of f-bombs and the like, about 50 in total. I only included english swearing, because internet fame. Did I learn something? Be more creative with my swearing.

http://youtu.be/QOIdL8mFDlo

sn00zer

Its super easy to "farm" vials near the end when you have a shit ton of souls boost. In <5min I could get at least 10 by buying them

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did you go to NG+ before picking it up?

Yeah, I had read that you got it at the end of the game but by the time that I got to the end I was too excited about fighting the last boss that I totally forgot that I still needed to get it.

Yeah, I had read that you got it at the end of the game but by the time that I got to the end I was too excited about fighting the last boss that I totally forgot that I still needed to get it.
:/ your weapon will do crap damage in NG+ unless you find very good gems in the chalice dungeons.

myco666

No backup save file? There should be some chalices where you get them. Don't know how hard they are though. You should be rather easily get to the end again though. NG+ isn't that hard.

No backup save file? There should be some chalices where you get them. Don't know how hard they are though. You should be rather easily get to the end again though. NG+ isn't that hard.
NG+ is only hard if you're under leveled. Instead of taking 2-4 to take down an enemy, it'll take 5-6 which can get dangerous when there's a mob.

I think I had a glitch.

I talked to Eileen outside of Cathedral ward after beating BSB and then forgot she said to go to the tomb to fight henryk. I proceeded to beati VA, Darkbeast Paarl, Witch of Hemwick, and Shadow of Yarnham. I can't find eileen anywhere and also henryk doesn't spawn at the tomb.

Any help?
If you didnt help Eileen beat Henrky
and enter the Forbidden Woods, that sets up the path to her "bad" ending. She will appear in the Grand Cathedral during the Blood moon and will be hostile towards you. Source is the guide :)

myco666

NG+ is only hard if you're under leveled. Instead of taking 2-4 to take down an enemy, it'll take 5-6 which can get dangerous when there's a mob.

IMO you shouldn't bother with regural enemies in NG+ since you can run easily past everything. Bosses weren't that much harder.

Woah. D
efizzled
W
atchdizzler
was a massive pushover! Pipped him on my third attempt. I was expecting much worse after hearing all the horror stories.

I'm at level 110 (VIT at 46), which doesn't seem to be overkill going on what I've read, but please feel free to interject and adjust the size of my head accordingly.

A
mygdala
, on the other hand... It was actually ridiculous. I got her down to a barely visible sliver of health on my first attempt and died in a way I'd rather not recount. "Easy fight", I thought. "I'll get her next time". 45 minutes and 10 attempts later, she finally went down. So goddamn symptomatic. Classic BB.

Would you guys recommend I do Ihyll next, or Isz?

myco666

Woah. D
efizzled
W
atchdizzler
was a massive pushover! Pipped him on my third attempt. I was expecting much worse after hearing all the horror stories.

I'm at level 110 (VIT at 46), which doesn't seem to be overkill going on what I've read, but please feel free to interject and adjust the size of my head accordingly.

A
mygdala
, on the other hand... It was actually ridiculous. I got her down to a barely visible sliver of health on my first attempt and died in a way I'd rather not recount. "Easy fight", I thought. "I'll get her next time". 45 minutes and 10 attempts later, she finally went down. So goddamn symptomatic. Classic BB.

Your level isn't overkill for Defiled chalice. The thing about Watchdog is that you need to get your dodge timing really precise and have to keep it up for few minutes. It is just staying cool and not getting greedy as it kills you really easily.

IMO
Amygdala
was easier but that last phase is really annoying.

You probably don't have the materials for Ihyll yet so you have to do Isz first.

Alo0oy

Banned
Woah. D
efizzled
W
atchdizzler

A
mygdala

If you wanna rush the plat, do lhyll first, if you wanna take your time, keep it for last.

Alpende

Just becokend some player for the Ge
hrman
fight, he was pissing me off. Killed him the first time with my partner.

Fbh

So I'm not a trophy guy but I just took a look at my trophy list and it seems I'm only 2 away from the plat. I think I just need to get the other 2 endings (got the "true" one in my first playthrough).
Is there a way to get them both in NG+ (which I'm almost done with)? Or is the only option to finish NG++?

Cheers, guys.

I'm not really chasing the Platinum, so I probably don't need to take that into account. And I've done all of the Loran's, so with some Arcane hazin', I think I'm actually good to go for Ihyll in terms of materials.

Does one have markedly better loot than the other?

Alpende

So I'm not a trophy guy but I just took a look at my trophy list and it seems I'm only 2 away from the plat. I think I just need to get the other 2 endings (got the "true" one in my first playthrough).
Is there a way to get them both in NG+ (which I'm almost done with)? Or is the only option to finish NG++?

You can get them in 1 play trough. Just move your save file before the last boss to a USB or something and reload it.

finished the game today... im not going to play new game plus but definately this game made my PS4 purchase worth it....

Gherman was really a challange after a lot of easier bosses which I beat in one or two attemps. All in all it took me about 6 attempts.

I think the last really really hard boss (20 attempts +) was Shadow of Yharnam. After that I steamrolled everything and everyoneexcept Gherman. Moon Presence was basically a joke compared to him (I almost beat it with the 4 blood vials that I got left from the Gherman Fight.

Rozart

Question-- In order to get the Hunter's Essence trophy, do I have to purchase all the weapons and have them sitting in my inventory? Or would the weapons still be counted as long as they just appear in the shop?

SxP

Beat R
om
on my first try. The Tonitrus +6 absolutely wrecks him. I just ignored the
little spiders
and only focused on R
om
himself. Worked well enough, although I got hit by his spells a decent amount when trying to get close to him. It's a risky strategy though, as one second after the final blow to Rom I got stunlocked to death by the
little spiders
. Oh well, still counts.

myco666

Hmm...why that range?

So that you can max out damage on your build and not make it so that you could use bunch of different weapons effectively. Atleast this is the reason for level cap for Souls pvp. I don't PVP at all so I am not sure but I have followed the community enough to know atleast something lol. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I can't even beat the first defiled chalice boss wtf? :(

Tactic that I have found most effective is doing jump attack when you see opening and immediately dash back. If you use Axe you can get one or two poke after the jumping attack but it is rather risky.

Dmonzy

Be very careful in his final form I found you need to just wait until he finishes a combo and then you can only get one or two hits in. He will also stand still for one of his uper attacks. You can usually gt in 4 hits before you need to book it.

EDIT: ALSO VERY IMPORTANT
HE IS THE FINAL BOSS IF YOU BEAT HIM YOU WILL BE FORCED INTO NG+ AND HAVE NO WAY TO REEXPLORE AREAS YOU HAVENT FINISHED SO ONLY BEAT HIM IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE REALLY DONE AND READY TO START NG+

Well...
if you unlock the true final boss you can still die/teleport out and continue to explore after beating Gehrman.

The Forbidden Woods
is a fucking maze. It doesn't help that I have a terrible sense of direction. I got lost running around in there with 70K blood echoes on me and was panicking knowing I'd never be able to find the spot to recover them if I died.

d00d3n

All non-chalice bosses killed and still can't win G
ehrman

His range is way too long and I can't time my parries correctly. Also I cannot dodge that air attack.

Are you playing NG+? I would freely admit that I suck at parrying, but that boss seemed to have a huge parry window compared with almost every other boss in the game.

Top Bottom