• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Oh god, the defiled A
mygdala
is a real pain... I've defeated her on my first try when we first met, but here... a lot of attack can OS me :'(

You know there's another boss right after celestial emissary in the upper cathedral right?

lol, yes. I tried, Ebrietas didn't seem that hard, but I know it's that beginner's luck I always get first fighting a boss, and that she is going to be every single bit as much of a pain for me as she was for everyone else. I decided to postpone that fight until later. Maybe finish all other bosses but the last one. Then E., then the chalices.

When I got invaded for PVP my first few times, I had a lot more problem with players that ran away which made it a lot harder to deal with their healing.

So I got to the forbidden woods and came across a path that took me to
Iosefka's Clinic

I love exploration in this game.

And yes,
I killed the crazy bitch.

So I got to the forbidden woods and came across a path that took me to
Iosefka's Clinic

I love exploration in this game.

Prior to the update, you could have jumped a fence to access that area and skip to forbidden woods. The character I used to help you with VA yesterday? I never beat VA with him and all the gear he was wearing was from the woods :)

Prior to the update, you could have jumped a fence to access that area and skip to forbidden woods. The character I used to help you with VA yesterday? I never beat VA with him and all the gear he was wearing was from the woods :)

Speaking of VA. I'll have to pm the trophy pic to you. Its pretty good.

Dynedom

Co-Op Question Re:
Hypogean Gaol
:

Is it possible to ring the Beckoning Bell in
Hypogean Gaol
?

Timeline in my game: Defeated VA, haven't advanced past
The Forbidden Woods/SOY boss

I also haven't
discovered the boss of the Gaol, which I'm assuming there is
so I'm guessing I can summon in.

I've read some interesting theories where you cannot summon except right near the boss. Is that true? =\

So what level should I be for pvp? 100? 110? 120?

What's the general consensus?

Stay around 100. At 120 you cut yourself off from people around 90 but at 100 you can catch further below you and up.

I even have a level 80 thats putting out 622 damage with the Hammer and pvp is really consistent there as well.

thebloo

So, I just took the
carriage
and reached the
fucking Castle with lice in it

Approximately, how much % have I done?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Stay around 100. At 120 you cut yourself off from people around 90 but at 100 you can catch further below you and up.

I even have a level 80 thats putting out 622 damage with the Hammer and pvp is really consistent there as well.
So is 110 most optimal? I can still play with players in the 90's right?

Oh god, the defiled A
mygdala
is a real pain... I've defeated her on my first try when we first met, but here... a lot of attack can OS me :'(

Honestly, I had the hardest time with her than any other chalice boss. I beat the final Bloodletting Beast on my second try. It took me 10 tries to finish off Amygdala in the defiled dungeon.

Regardless..

ipYZ55cDkc6Du.jpg

feels-good-man.gif

Bring on whatever DLC they like. I'm in.

EDIT: Here's my Bloodletting Beast battle by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXu-bp2HG4Q

I found if you just stay as close to him as possible and stay at his sides once he transforms, he's pretty straightforward.

lupin23rd

You should have been teleported to the entrance of
Yaharghul
. If you haven't, just warp to Grand Cathedral, go down the stairs and make a left. Follow that path and you'll reach it.

Is that the best place to go at that point?

I'm at the same place, also have access to
Cainhurst
and
Nightmare Frontier
- not sure if one is easier to tackle.

BumRush

Hey, does anyone know if I can just kill
Eileen
when I first meet her to get the
crow hunter badge
? That, the
wheel
and the
Chikage
are the last three weapons I need.

Phreak47

Just finished yesterday.

That final boss, the wet nurse, damn... took me forever to dodge that goddamn warping clone attack shit enough times to finally win... then I wondered later if I could have just taken blue pills and stood still during that part, lawl...

I played offline the whole time and have only done a couple chalice dungeons... so now I'll play online in the CDs... I also ran through the first area to see how tough CB would be in NG+... I did win on the first try but damn, I also felt somewhat weakened again, so I'm unsure now whether I want to punish myself by continuing further in the main game...bah

Is that the best place to go at that point?

I'm at the same place, also have access to
Cainhurst
and
Nightmare Frontier
- not sure if one is easier to tackle.

What I posted is mandatory for story progression, all the places you listed are optional. You're free to tackle them in any order, of course. I finished
Frontier
before even fighting R
om

Xeteh

Hey, does anyone know if I can just kill
Eileen
when I first meet her to get the
crow hunter badge
? That, the
wheel
and the
Chikage
are the last three weapons I need.

Yep, you can. I did that for a playthrough where I wanted the Blade asap.

It does.

Make sure you farm blood chunks before going into NG+ though, and find a way to dump the excess blood echoes you got from farming on something other than levels so that you can continue to coop with others.

Thanks! What's a good place to farm blood chunks? Wolves in U
pper
C
athedral
?

Late Flag

That awesome feeling when you beat a boss practically by accident! After spending 90+ minutes yesterday with defiled W
atchdog of the
O
ld
L
ords
, I decided to go ahead and move on to defiled A
mygdala
in an effort to get this chalice over with. I was on only my second attempt, just focusing on staying alive so I could get her attack patterns down, and all of the sudden I realized I had her down to about 1/3 health and that this was actually a winnable fight at this point. But I had been drinking blood vials like water and not playing with a high level of precision early on since this was just a "trying things out" attempt, so I only had 4 or 5 left. I went straight to the "get behind and her, make her jump, and run up and whack her once" strategy, but it was taking forever to whittle her health down, and after getting caught by the occasional foot stomp, I found myself with very little margin for error. Theoretically you should never take damage while doing this approach, but all it takes is one screw-up and I'm in serious trouble. I finally killed her off and found that my heart was absolutely pounding and my palms were all sweaty. I had to sit the controller down and go off and do something else for a little while to get my heart rate down. What a fantastic game.

Later on I came back and worked my way to the lecture hall (NG+) for the last two red jellies I needed to open the final chalice. Holy shit at the farming possibilities in that area. Two minutes work nets 100K per run. I'll probably spend a little time tonight beefing up my damage stats. Then it's on to the last Pthumerian dungeon.

BumRush

I believe he only drops Fire Paper at his first location but once he moves to the second (near the entrance to the Forbidden Woods) he'll drop the badge.

You're awesome. I'll see him there.

Since you're on a roll, what do I have to do special to get the
chikage
? In my NG, I beat
ML but when I put on the crown and went in she said she was despised by me and didn't give me a thing.

knitoe

chikage
? In my NG, I beat
ML but when I put on the crown and went in she said she was despised by me and didn't give me a thing.

Did you bow before her? You need to before you get other talk options. Stand at a certain distance from her and the bow option should appear.

Xeteh

chikage
? In my NG, I beat

No problem!

You don't go right up to talk to her. There are some candles on the ground at the foot of her throne where you kneel and then join the Vilebloods and she'll give you the Cainhurst Badge. You can always wait until this point to get the Wheel badge as well.

fuck me matyr is hard

waited 15 minutes for a player to come aid me then he died instantly and i died 5 minutes later

sigh, i'm done for today

Top Bottom