• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Arjen

What's the meta right now regarding healing in pvp? I've been pvp ing all day, and everybody seems to heal in duels. I know you can parry the heal, but I'm having problems landing them.

Wow what happened 1:28? You didn't get hit even though the blade goes clearly through you. Nice fight though! I realized that tactic also but couldn't really get the parry reliably down.
Thanks and frankly I have no idea :/ when I rewatch it, I wonder what happen there since the blade should have clearly hit me since it was a horizontal swipe. Unless there is a iframe when firing which I doubt.

I just downed One Reborn, Amgydala, Firedoggie (the early version, which seems very very easy? I assume v2 is the one which is difficult) and celestial emissary (a joke) in one run. Feels good. Still being killed by Logarius. I don't do too badly, but I always run out of life, eventually vials, and eventually, willpower to farm more vials. I can kind of cheese him by rolling under his descending scythe attack and get quite far, but I eventually get staggered by a flying sword when he is descending and get destroyed. I could also destroy the swords but this is also very tedious, especially since he tends to recreate them within seconds.

This game would have been so much better (imho) with a much lower number of vials that respawned with you (but I am a broken record on this at this point).

I thought upper cathedral was pretty easy. Nightmare, however.. (it would be much easier without the one-shotting rock-throwing yeti). Haven't explored mensis much yet, since I can't figure out how to resist frenzy. Maybe I'll just spend all my insight, but it sounds dumb.
You know there's another boss right after celestial emissary in the upper cathedral right?

Xeilyn

What's the meta right now regarding healing in pvp? I've been pvp ing all day, and everybody seems to heal in duels. I know you can parry the heal, but I'm having problems landing them.
I only heal if the other person heals, i think its a double-edged sword. It makes the duels really long but it also makes the victory more exhilarating. Maybe you should join reddits pvp chalice, seems more old school with the "rules"

hizzngr3 is the glyph

WX3

The Forbidden Woods
is a fucking maze. It doesn't help that I have a terrible sense of direction. I got lost running around in there with 70K blood echoes on me and was panicking knowing I'd never be able to find the spot to recover them if I died.

Thats when the Bold Hunters Mark is best used, that way you can go cash in those echoes and then try to hike it back to where you became lost.

Arjen

I only heal if the other person heals, i think its a double-edged sword. It makes the duels really long but it also makes the victory more exhilarating. Maybe you should join reddits pvp chalice, seems more old school with the "rules"

hizzngr3 is the glyph

Thanks I'll check it out.

sn00zer

Im fairly proud I got through the whole game blind and solo (honestly I wasnt sure how to summon, nor cared to).... but now Im frothing at the mouth for DLC. I want to build a new character and start again to find stuff I missed, but not without the DLC

Saint9806

Here is a video I tried to post earlier but was having some trouble doing it from my phone. It was the final battle with
Gherman.
. You can skip ahead to about the 6 minute mark. That's when the fight got really good and ended in epic fashion. The way it ended the last 2 minutes made it my favorite boss fight in the game. It was my first time fighting him too. Got him down on 1 try.

Tips for those having trouble: Be very patient, wait for his combos to get done, then go in. Don't try for more than 2 hits cuz he will counter and take a big amount of your health. When he is using the Blunderbuss, be ready to roll and then move it to attack right after. And finally, again, be very patient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA_ZkZZ-Q0A&feature=youtu.be

SxP

Warped to the Central Yharnam lamp, put my controller down to do something else while it loads. Suddenly my controller vibrates, I scramble back quickly. Poor
Gilbert
, he didn't survive the night. But at least he provided a good scare.

Ferr986

9/10 matches I had on the Frontier were with non healer dudes. I think I've been very lucky with PvP so far.

Tried that chalice and it's very fun and theres a lot of action (although I still get faster matches on the Frontier, but maybe it's because I can't match against lvl 100 players at 80).

Im fairly proud I got through the whole game blind and solo (honestly I wasnt sure how to summon, nor cared to).... but now Im frothing at the mouth for DLC. I want to build a new character and start again to find stuff I missed, but not without the DLC

DLC may or may not happen. If you want to make a new build I would say go for it. I was going to stick with just my first Quality (STR/SKL) build but ended doing a new Bloodtinge character and I'm enjoying it a lot.

cormack12

Gold Member
Trying to get everything first time round so bit of advice needed - I'm only at Cathedral Ward/Old Yarnham lamp....

I've been in the door to the left of the white lady, I came across a giant who went upstairs to a gate I couldn't open and went downstairs to clear out some enemies including a guy with a large ball and chain. Nothing much here though except a door I open later i guess. I've also been in an area further down where I've opened up a shortcut leading down into a tomb but am also blocked form progressing there.....

I've been straight ahead and killed by Dura I guess, but I want to keep him friendly. What's my best course of action here?

I've been sitting around at BSB helping people and I decided to try invading since there's the Bell Women in the area. Got matched 1v2 and destroyed both of them.

PVE has been super tough with the Blades of Mercry, but fighting some human enemies made me really appreciate it.

myco666

Trying to get everything first time round so bit of advice needed - I'm only at Cathedral Ward/Old Yarnham lamp....

I've been in the door to the left of the white lady, I came across a giant who went upstairs to a gate I couldn't open and went downstairs to clear out some enemies including a guy with a large ball and chain. Nothing much here though except a door I open later i guess. I've also been in an area further down where I've opened up a shortcut leading down into a tomb but am also blocked form progressing there.....

I've been straight ahead and killed by Dura I guess, but I want to keep him friendly. What's my best course of action here?

If you want to be friends with Djura you need to

Beat Old Yharnam
Get kidnapped so that you can access Yahar'Gul
Initiate fight with Darkbeast Paarl (victory isn't needed)
After that you need to go to Djura from behind

This should work.

I just can't beat Amelia, please help :(

What level you are?

Putty

Micolash
Down! Was VERY easy! Still another area of Mensis to do from what i've seen. Once i've done this ill attack the Castle whats his face boss.

Alpende

sooo, now that I'm trying to summon someone it keeps disconnecting me. Which is weird because I can see it searching for a player after that message pops up...

danthefan

Ok I'm a bit stuck, could someone tell me where to go:

I just killed
Blood Starved Beast.
This opened a door by the C.D. lantern, I went through there and up a kind of tower and found a locked door that I don't have the key for. So then I went down and found some pit but I can't find any way down the pit, I just fall and die. Am I meant to be going one of these ways or somewhere else entirely?

I just killed
Blood Starved Beast.
This opened a door by the C.D. lantern, I went through there and up a kind of tower and found a locked door that I don't have the key for. So then I went down and found some pit but I can't find any way down the pit, I just fall and die. Am I meant to be going one of these ways or somewhere else entirely?
You have to carefully fall in the pit. Fall from ledge to ledge until you hit the bottom.

I just killed
Blood Starved Beast.

Did you defeat V
icar
A
melia
yet? If so, you should go to the door that requires
a password
in Cathedral Ward.

danthefan

You have to carefully fall in the pit. Fall from ledge to ledge until you hit the bottom.

I get to a point where I just can't see any other ledge to fall onto. I'm going to look up a video. First bit of the game that feels a bit cheap to me tbh.

Did you defeat V
icar
A
melia
yet? If so, you should go to the door that requires
a password
in Cathedral Ward.

No I didn't, have come across that boss yet.

Ferr986

I just killed
Blood Starved Beast.

You can either
go down the pit, you can do some jumps to arrive down there safely. Down there, there's a path for the Cathedral ward, where the next boss is
or
buy the key from the messengers at the Hunter dream for 10k. It lets you skip the pit area, opening the big door where the giant is patrolling, near the lamp.

myco666

I just killed
Blood Starved Beast.

You need to go to the pit. It is little tricky but you can look for video guide how to do it if you are having lots of trouble.
You can also buy the Hunter Chief Emblem so that you don't have to go through the pit but that costs 10k echoes.

Kusagari

I'm ready to throw my controller against the wall fighting Defiled Watchdog.

First time in the game I feel hopeless at beating a boss.

Defiled Chalice complete! :D

A
mygdala
is pretty easy. It's just the risk of being one-shot that makes it hard. Also once I figured out that
staying underneath her once she rips her arms off
makes the last bit of the fight much easier, I beat her first try.

I couldn't believe she didn't just stomp me. i guess her reaction makes sense cause
she ripped her arms off and can't defend herself when you're underneath

danthefan

You can either
go down the pit, you can do some jumps to arrive down there safely. Down there, there's a path for the Cathedral ward, where the next boss is
or
buy the key from the messengers at the Hunter dream for 10k. It lets you skip the pit area, opening the big door where the giant is patrolling, near the lamp.

You need to go to the pit. It is little tricky but you can look for video guide how to do it if you are having lots of trouble.
You can also buy the Hunter Chief Emblem so that you don't have to go through the pit but that costs 10k echoes.

Thanks. Looked at a video, that's just shitty, From.

Alpende

Thanks. Looked at a video, that's just shitty, From.

I liked that to be honest. You don't know what you're getting into and that sense of 'should I even be doing this' is pretty cool. Then you progress forward and you get your reward. Pretty neat.

End spoilers

Just defeated M
oon
with a coop guy. Off to collect some SP trophies and maybe venture further in chalice dungeons.

So i've just beaten
rom
(finally!) and have been teleported somewhere weird with a
huge creature
in some building...where do i go from here and how can i get back to the hunters dream?

Finally bested A
bhorrent
B
east
after several attempts (with a blood vial farming session between. Ended up being my favorite boss fight in the game.

Ferr986

You know what's a fun place for PvP? Upper
Cathedral ward

When you ring the bell a maiden appears even if you're solo. Some interesting matches there.

Also won my first 3 vs 1. Felt a little bad though, dude was probably just progressing.

You know what's a fun place for PvP? Upper
Cathedral ward

When you ring the bell a maiden appears even if you're solo. Some interesting matches there.

Also won my first 3 vs 1. Felt a little bad though, dude was probably just progressing.

Yeah I decided to pvp as I was grinding for chunks. Saw the chandelier still intact so I just stayed underneath it waiting.
1. It was hilarious to see the reaction
2. I tried to do an honorable pvp of 3v1 but they triggered all the Wolves so I just stayed back... And then they triggered the brainsucker...

zarnold56

Beat this today. Amazing game. My first serious attempt at a From game, and what a ride. Just from perusing this thread and other stuff about the game, I feel I missed a ton of stuff. Not sure I will do much with NG+ but I will most likely create a new character. Took me 31 hours and I was level 79. I killed all optional bosses and beat the last 3 bosses on my first try (
Microlash, Wet Nurse, Gehrman

Might have to dust off my copies of Demon Souls and Dark Souls to give them an actual try.

Top Bottom