• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

DeaDPo0L84

Im on layer 2 of the greater ihyll chalice. Not sure if this is the queen fight or not but if someone wants to jump in I wont pass up the help. All I hear is really heavy breathing right outside the door...I think it's the bloodletting beast.

Im on layer 2 of the greater ihyll chalice. Not sure if this is the queen fight or not but if someone wants to jump in I wont pass up the help. All I hear is really heavy breathing right outside the door...I think it's the bloodletting beast.

Sure if you still need help, but i am not sure how I can get summon in chalice dungeons :p

I need the code, set the password as GAFHUNT and world wide. Its should be the headless bloodletting beast. have antidotes

Raptor

But i consider this session succesfull i killed the shadow of yharnam and the darkbeast parl or something :) but i cant get the blood chunks to keep uograding mi pizza cutter.

DeaDPo0L84

Sure if you still need help, but i am not sure how I can get summon in chalice dungeons :p

I need the code, set the password as GAFHUNT and world wide. Its should be the headless bloodletting beast. have antidotes

Beat it on the second try,wasn't as bad as I was thinking. So is the queen the boss in layer 3? She's the last one I need for the platinum...

Beat it on the second try,wasn't as bad as I was thinking. So is the queen the boss in layer 3? She's the last one I need for the platinum...

Ahh thats good to hear. Yeah the Queen is the next layer boss. She is should be pretty easy for you then. Congrats on the (1 trophy away) Platinum :p She either causes frenzy of poison, dont remember. Prob frenzy but its not that bad compare to winter lanterns.

DeaDPo0L84

Ahh thats good to hear. Yeah the Queen is the next layer boss. She is should be pretty easy for you then. Congrats on the (1 trophy away) Platinum :p She either causes frenzy of poison, dont remember. Prob frenzy but its not that bad compare to winter lanterns.

Whew finally got the platinum! Second one ever 😄. Yea that fight wasn't hard mechanics wise but the poison/frenzy is a pain. Luckily there was an old hunter npc summon near the entrance so that helped.

While I needed to summon to beat Kos, I'm absolutely astonished that I just managed to beat Laurence by myself. I think I got really, really lucky.

hardest fight in the game for mine.

Whew finally got the platinum! Second one ever 😄. Yea that fight wasn't hard mechanics wise but the poison/frenzy is a pain. Luckily there was an old hunter npc summon near the entrance so that helped.

i just got the platnium after beating the queen today also. are they still sending that theme out to EU for the platnium trophy does anybody know?

Ok.
I have more questions regarding the chalice dungeons.
I've passed the first two. And after having gone through the central one twice I've found a grand total of 2 ritual blood 3.
I need nine for the next chalice right?
Are they serious. Do they expect me to grind through the second chalice over and over till I find 9 ritual bloods 3?
There must be a better way.
I was initially worried the chalice dungeon bosses would be bad and very tough. If I now have to grind through them all over and over only to reach the next level that is going to suck big time.
And to be quite honest it would really drag down the overall experience after I had a fantastic time with the campaign overall.
Anything I'm doing wrong?
Or what were they thinking?....

myco666

Ok.
I've passed the first two. And after having gone through the central one twice I've found a grand total of 2 ritual blood 3.
Are they serious. Do they expect me to grind through the second chalice over and over till I find 9 ritual bloods 3?
I was initially worried the chalice dungeon bosses would be bad and very tough. If I now have to grind through them all over and over only to reach the next level that is going to suck big time.
And to be quite honest it would really drag down the overall experience after I had a fantastic time with the campaign overall.

You never need to do Chalices again for materials unless you want to do FRC ones. If you explore every Chalice carefully and kill most of the enemies you should always end up with enough Ritual Blood to make the next Chalice. I would still prefer next Chalices to be easier to unlock.

I actually have Demon Souls on my radar next, after looking into them, that's the one that interests me the most. If I dig that, I'll probably try jumping into Dark Souls again, thanks for the advice!

Demons and Dark Souls are more similar to each other than to Bloodborne (no transforming weapons, more weapons with less differences between then, more build variety, shields, and so on), so if you like one you'll probably like the other.

My first impression of the chalice deal is, it seems rather pointless and not as engaging and fun that's the main story. Does it get better? Otherwise it would be quite a let down after such an awesome game.

I have been playing chalice dungeons in subsequent playthroughs whenever I wanted to boost my levels a bit for the next "story" part, and as long as you play them when your level is appropriate, you're good. The problem is that most people leave them until they're way overleveled the first time, so the first few ones are boring. I'm finding myself liking them more and more the more times I play the game, for some reason.

I ran through the one with Amygdala and got almost 250k, though part of that was dying halfway through and getting my echoes back. And I haven't even touched the depth 5 ones yet.

This is an example of the opposite above. You're not meant to play the depth 4 chalices until well into NG+ (doing so will have the opposite effect, i.e. the first half of NG+ will be boringly easy). Depth 5 are for NG+ endgame or NG++.

Frankly, it seems like everyone (including myself, obviously) ends up playing the chalices very out of sync with their intended levels. The game does a terrible job of nudging players in the right direction about their intended use, and as a consequence they tend to leave them for endgame and then play them all before going into NG+, which means depths 1 and 2 are boring and 4 and 5 are overwhelming. If they were to return, I'd almost advocate for From to break their "no explanations" rule and add some pointers as to when they're meant to be played, or something similar.

xinek

Been trying to do jolly co-operation all morning, but I keep getting booted out. I can connect to a host's game, but then it's "session lost" after a couple minutes. From searching around, it looks like this is not only affecting me but is rather widespread. Anyone have fixes or tips? Feels bad to think people are wasting their insight on these borked sessions.

Brakke

Banned
Ok.

I never had to grind for chalice materials. Couple notes: chalice materials also exist out in the regular world. And, after creating certain chalices, materials go on sale at the Messenger Shop and also the Insight Shop.

The chalice system is really dumb tho. You should just forget about trying to understand it and pull up a guide if you ever feel stuck.

Prodigal

Banned
Anyone ever have the issue where you load into the game after selecting online mode and it immediately says Network Connection Lost - Return to Title Menu...it keeps happening to me and when the rare time it doesn't show up, it won't let me coop with my friend because it'll instantly disconnect our session.

I don't have this issue with any other game, and other people online have had this problem too but the few people that do don't seem to have a fix for it yet.

Haven't been able to play for a few weeks but had some time today and actually made some progress. Fought the SoY half a dozen times or so and then really smacked them down when I got in a groove.

I was pumped because I was finally gonna get to a new area and then I ran into that DAMN hunter with the cane and the one shot and I'm dead potential and ended my session extremely pissed off. I haven't raged playing this game at all but this fucking cunt can die in a fire. Shut the game off and walked out...fuck!!

neoism

woow been reading some H P lovecraft.. man you can really see BB's influence from his stories.. and his creatures. His writing style is a little hard to get through though. I sooo want to go through a third play through with my character again, but platinuming it has made it moot, DS3 is soo close also..

Just getting back into this game on an old save file.

Can someone explain or give a good link explaining how co op and invasions work. And insight for that matter.

I have the beckoning and small resonant and sinister bells.

I'm not particularly far. I font remember the last boss I fought think it was blood starved beast.

Haven't been able to play for a few weeks but had some time today and actually made some progress. Fought the SoY half a dozen times or so and then really smacked them down when I got in a groove.

I was pumped because I was finally gonna get to a new area and then I ran into that DAMN hunter with the cane and the one shot and I'm dead potential and ended my session extremely pissed off. I haven't raged playing this game at all but this fucking cunt can die in a fire. Shut the game off and walked out...fuck!!

Make the hunter follow you outside the house and just strafe him around the column outside. Make sure you kill that big moonlight bug creature first.

woow been reading some H P lovecraft.. man you can really see BB's influence from his stories.. and his creatures. His writing style is a little hard to get through though. I sooo want to go through a third play through with my character again, but platinuming it has made it moot, DS3 is soo close also..
Same here. Bloodborne got me into Lovecraft and it takes it to another level for me. With every story I read I could see it's influence in the game.

Uuuugggh, that Blood-starved Beast fight. 7 tries, 3 with Alfred, but we FINALLY got him/her/it. Ran out of fire paper, so had to do it without it. Used my last antidotes too LOL

Melchiah

I was going to help a friend of mine beat Laurence yesterday, but eventhough we stood at the same place, before the entrance to the Grand Cathedral, and used a password, I could access his game only once. The other four times I got a notification about lost connection, and it threw me back to the title menu. Is the online experience really this bad?

He also wanted help against Defiled Amygdala, but we couldn't figure it out how he could summon me there, instead of me having to start the chalice dungeon from the beginning. We used a glyph code, and password there as well. Any advice on how to do it?

Raptor

Took on SOY with a +8 Pizza Cutter, no parries and damn, dudes got melted.
Bloodborne™ Shadows of Yharnam

Thats exactly how I took them out with my pizza cutter but mine was +6 I think.

Killed Rom, One Reborn, and Im at the castle :) Logarious is kicking my ass though.

One Reborn level is some hard stuff or I was underleveled or straight up missed something because I just end up running everywhere lol instead of engaging, not because I didnt wanted to but because they kept spawning and eventually said fuck it and made a run for it, end up taking a short cut in some "bath" lol and got to One Reborn, that fight was easy because one I got shot with fire I remembered Tower Knight and went to take them out first after I killed the boss went to wiki and lo and behold its gets mentioned there lol nice stuff.

Now I have the Chunks to level my pizza cutter to +8 I think hell yess!!

Sulik2

Cant kill Rom i guess i have to kill all the spiders?

Also where the hell can i get blood chunks?

Rom is a test of patience. Kill the spiders the first two waves. Then run in and annihilate him. He is weak to bolt. The last phase when he goes all crazy I would ignore the spiders. Just charge in. Get one dashing hit and run out. Never stop moving or his ice bolts will tag you. Run in, slash once and get out. Take a shot with the cannon if you have it. Just keep moving and dash in for one hit at a time. It takes forever, but its the only way I was able to do it. Stopping to kill the spiders after the second wave just got me pounded by the magic blast and one shotted.

Anyone feel like giving me a hand with Rom in the chalice dungeon? Lower Pthumeru Chalice Level 3.
I'm sat there waiting for an answer to my bell.

Get 10 molotovs, uses runes to carry extra bullets and take bone marrow dust. Bring 20 throwing knives. Fight him like normal until third wave, then carefully use a pillar to block the heat seeking missiles and pop out and used ranged attacks. It takes a while, but you can down him relatively safely that way and can pretty much ignore the spiders except for the couple that will walk to your corner.

Raptor

Rom is a test of patience. Kill the spiders the first two waves. Then run in and annihilate him. He is weak to bolt. The last phase when he goes all crazy I would ignore the spiders. Just charge in. Get one dashing hit and run out. Never stop moving or his ice bolts will tag you. Run in, slash once and get out. Take a shot with the cannon if you have it. Just keep moving and dash in for one hit at a time. It takes forever, but its the only way I was able to do it. Stopping to kill the spiders after the second wave just got me pounded by the magic blast and one shotted.

I did it but I was drinking some beer so I had time and patience, I took out all the spiders one by one with the Tonitrus+5, at the end I think I only used like a couple of vials.

Fight its easy and its very long and you have to be moving all the time and I mean all the freaking time because like you say one moment of rest and you get bombarded with those little crystals or whatever they are.

Get 10 molotovs, uses runes to carry extra bullets and take bone marrow dust. Bring 20 throwing knives. Fight him like normal until third wave, then carefully use a pillar to block the heat seeking missiles and pop out and used ranged attacks. It takes a while, but you can down him relatively safely that way and can pretty much ignore the spiders except for the couple that will walk to your corner.

That feel when after ages of waiting someone finally joins your game just to die within seconds after his first encounter with a couple of the small spiders.... -.-

Oh well dinner now, I'll try again later.

Soulhouf

Arrived to Cainhurst with my SL4 character.

CbSZHJLXEAAohu_.jpg:orig

The level itself isn't hard but once I reached the boss, that's another story.
Managed to get his health to 1/4 once but I'm getting destroyed over and over.
I will try again tomorrow. I'm sure it's doable with a Threaded Cane +7.

Im there and Im at Level 50+ with a +7 Pizza Cutter and still getting destroyed, Im doing something really wrong then lol.
I was there with a high 60's character with a +8 pizza cutter and just snoozed through everything but the boss since I didn't bother to fight him yet. You doing any of the chalice dungeons?

Raptor

I was there with a high 60's character with a +8 pizza cutter and just snoozed through everything but the boss since I didn't bother to fight him yet. You doing any of the chalice dungeons?

I entered the first callecd Phumeru or something with the cup the starved beast gives you, but it was incredible easy and kileld everything and then I had no place to go, there was a body lying with three pillars blocking my way but I didnt knew how to unblock it, I dont understand this chalices very well nor how they work to be honest.

I entered the first callecd Phumeru or something with the cup the starved beast gives you, but it was incredible easy and kileld everything and then I had no place to go, there was a body lying with three pillars blocking my way but I didnt knew how to unblock it, I dont understand this chalices very well nor how they work to be honest.
You pretty much need to explore them to unlock the boss door and other portions to get loot help you make other dungeons. If you didn't fight the boss there then you didn't finish it. Most have three layers that you have to go through in order to finish it. The early ones should be easy at your level.

There's an unlocking mechanism somewhere in the dungeon, usually guarded by one of those big ogre guys. That door it unlocks leads to the boss.

Raptor

You pretty much need to explore them to unlock the boss door and other portions to get loot help you make other dungeons. If you didn't fight the boss there then you didn't finish it. Most have three layers that you have to go through in order to finish it. The early ones should be easy at your level.

There's an unlocking mechanism somewhere in the dungeon, usually guarded by one of those big ogre guys. That door it unlocks leads to the boss.
I thought there was nowhere else to go and I gave up, will enter again tonight and see whats going on.

Fought that last boss today on my second playthrough. Beat it the second try. Was surprisingly simple.

The boss fights in these games and the way you wound limbs is so fun.

grmlin

I got into Bloodborne when it was on sale recently, it's my very first souls game.

OMG I love it, I don't think I ever played anything more rewarding than that in my whole gamers life (which is at least 30 years)

What is the state of spoilers here? First time looking into this thread :)

Rom was one strange beast.
I tried the slow approach killing the spiders multiple times, but without success. That stupid ice air attack got me every time. After multiple failures I thought: screw it, and never left is side. I spammed R2 with Ludwig's and bold paper and he was down in no time.

Logarius on the other hand, that guy. Oh my, that was ridiculous. I watched videos and read guides, but that boss did not behave at all like that what I saw on youtube.

And then, after maybe 20 tries, I enter the fog and he does what I expected and I killed him. That was really strange. Did not enjoy this fight at all.

Do the chalice monsters/bosses scale up if I were to start a NG+ or does their strength and level stay constant?
I get to keep everything (including all the activated chalices) if I start over right? Not that I have to get to a certain point in order to continue with my chalices. I just feel like I need a change of scenery from the chalices again for a day or two.

Top Bottom