• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Ferr986

IMO, if you want to stay on a level cap (say, 100, 120) is better to not touch Skill for a Chikage build.

The most damaging attacks comes from the blood side, and it was differentiates the weapon to the other skill weapons, cause the blood mode is more damaging even the regular R2s, let alone the sheathe animation.

Of course, if you don't care about a level cap you can level both BLT and SKL to 50 and use both modes of the weapons, although honestly I don't see much point, It's all about the starting L1 to R1 :p Thanks god the Chikage doesn't require both, unlike the Moonlight sword, that requires a crap ton of stats to use it.

edit: and of course, don't do like me right now and don't write a post while you leave your character with the Chikage in Blood mode lol

Went into NG+ without upgrading the Scythe. Any place early in NG+ to farm for Chucks?

Upgrade materials are too hard to come by in this game in my opinion. 20 insight for a chunk is absurd.

Veelk

Banned
I am FINALLY back to playing Bloodborne, guys.

It has been like 3 months. I left off not long after I beat Amelia, and I didn't know what to do. I had two hunter motherfuckers on the right of me, and a huge traversal through sniper happy land on the left. I stopped playing because I forgot to bring the disk with me when I went home for christmas break, then I started playing MGSV (which, btw, sucks), and then I played Witness.

I decided to just do whatever as part of just learning to get back into the groove, and I actually made it farther on the right side of the cathedral than I expected. Mostly because you motherfuckers didn't tell me that Hunter enemies don't respawn. I had avoided that place like the plague because I kept thinking "No way I can take on 2 of these badass hunters in a row", so imagine my surprise when I come in to find only one waiting for me, because I killed other one months ago, and this one happnened to go down...well, not easy, easy enough. Then I had a rough patch against the two giant armored ax guys until I got my groove back and started dancing around the jackasses. Throughout it all, I managed to collect 30,000 echoes, and it was getting late, so I thought "I'm just gonna go a bit further to see whats there, then I'm gonna Bold Hunter Mark the fuck out.

So I come into the giant circular chamber, and I'm like "Oh yeah, this is totally a boss arena." I am have my GTFO item out and ready.

Then I lift into the air by something I can only barely see and I die by frenzy. This happened before and I still don't know what the fuck is happening when the game does that.

Fuck you too bloodborne. Happy to be playing you again. Sort of.

Edit: I also want to note this: I have no idea where the fuck I am. Combat is just muscle memory, I get that back fast enough. But specially, I know I'm at Amelia's church and I know I came from the area downstairs of the church, but I have no idea where anything else is.

Went into NG+ without upgrading the Scythe. Any place early in NG+ to farm for Chucks?

Upgrade materials are too hard to come by in this game in my opinion. 20 insight for a chunk is absurd.

Chalice dungeons I guess?

Then I lift into the air by something I can only barely see and I die by frenzy. This happened before and I still don't know what the fuck is happening when the game does that.
:lol

I am FINALLY back to playing Bloodborne, guys.

It has been like 3 months. I left off not long after I beat Amelia, and I didn't know what to do. I had two hunter motherfuckers on the right of me, and a huge traversal through sniper happy land on the left. I stopped playing because I forgot to bring the disk with me when I went home for christmas break, then I started playing MGSV (which, btw, sucks), and then I played Witness.

I decided to just do whatever as part of just learning to get back into the groove, and I actually made it farther on the right side of the cathedral than I expected. Mostly because you motherfuckers didn't tell me that Hunter enemies don't respawn. I had avoided that place like the plague because I kept thinking "No way I can take on 2 of these badass hunters in a row", so imagine my surprise when I come in to find only one waiting for me, because I killed other one months ago, and this one happnened to go down...well, not easy, easy enough. Then I had a rough patch against the two giant armored ax guys until I got my groove back and started dancing around the jackasses. Throughout it all, I managed to collect 30,000 echoes, and it was getting late, so I thought "I'm just gonna go a bit further to see whats there, then I'm gonna Bold Hunter Mark the fuck out.

So I come into the giant circular chamber, and I'm like "Oh yeah, this is totally a boss arena." I am have my GTFO item out and ready.

Edit: I also want to note this: I have no idea where the fuck I am. Combat is just muscle memory, I get that back fast enough. But specially, I know I'm at Amelia's church and I know I came from the area downstairs of the church, but I have no idea where anything else is.
Lol you're not supposed to be there yet lol!!!

All this Chikage talk makes me want to make a build for it since I've never used it.

I think the thing that stops me from making more builds in BB is it feels like half the game is over by the time you pick up the weapon you want. Chikage is got after Logarius right, so that's a fair bit in to the game. This is probably why I almost exclusively have stuck with the saw cleaver and hunter axe whenever playing. The DLC weapons are even worse, it feels to me like you basically have to do many weapon-specific builds in NG+.

Veelk

Banned
I have a question about making builds. Since I hear you plateu in regards to leveling up around level 50, is it not more effective just to level up your character on all Stats instead of starting from scratch on a specific build?

Another question: at what point should I read "The Paleblood Hunt"? Do I have to wait until I finish the game, or is it something I can dig into early on?

squidyj

I have a question about making builds. Since I hear you plateu in regards to leveling up around level 50, is it not more effective just to level up your character on all Stats instead of starting from scratch on a specific build?

People tend to limit their level for matchmaking and gameplay purposes, with enough souls you could eventually 99 every stat but that would make for a boring game without defined builds, for pvp and whatnot the community usually hovers around a relatively low level like 100 or 110 or something like that.

What "class" should I pick?

VIolent past?
Waste of skin?

lol

Waste of skin is probably not what you want? unless you're doing some sort of challenge bl4 run or something.

Veelk

Banned
Oh, that's not an issue for me then. I don't have psplus, and really, I prefer to play offline. The idea of a player just randomly coming into my game without my consent has never appealed to me.

squidyj

Forgot to specify for what use, is for a Chikage build, bloodtinge stuff, will look into what has the most bloodtinge.

that's the wrong way to think about a build.
What you want to do is think about the endpoint, what stats you want etc. You want enough skill and strength to equip your weapons, bloodtinge to 50 and a bunch of vitality and endurance, you want to find the starting class that minimizes stats you don't want rather than the class that maximizes stats you do want.
If you only ever need 14 skill and 10 strength then every point of strength past 10 is one more level on the end of your build, or one less stat point into something you want if you're going for a fixed level.
For a chikage build with no interest in using bloodletter, If you were maximizing bloodtinge you might be drawn to noble scion, but you actually come out a level ahead by picking Lone Survivor (noble scion has 9 arcane with no strength wastage for 9 wasted points, survivor has 7 arcane with 1 wasted strength for 8 wasted points)

Oh, that's not an issue for me then. I don't have psplus, and really, I prefer to play offline. The idea of a player just randomly coming into my game without my consent has never appealed to me.
Veelk you have to play a shit ton of this game to level 99 every stat and the game would just keep getting harder, I honestly wouldn't recommend that but that's just me.
All this Chikage talk makes me want to make a build for it since I've never used it.

I think the thing that stops me from making more builds in BB is it feels like half the game is over by the time you pick up the weapon you want. Chikage is got after Logarius right, so that's a fair bit in to the game. This is probably why I almost exclusively have stuck with the saw cleaver and hunter axe whenever playing. The DLC weapons are even worse, it feels to me like you basically have to do many weapon-specific builds in NG+.
Certain DLC weapons can be gained pretty early in the dlc actually. I've had the Pizza Cutter since I've beaten Amelia and speed ran to it, it's not that far really, it's a challenge, but if a scrub like me can do it then you can as well.

squidyj

I only have room for BoM in my heart. best weapon is best weapon.

Veelk

Banned
Veelk you have to play a shit ton of this game to level 99 every stat and the game would just keep getting harder, I honestly wouldn't recommend that but that's just me.

I was just asking out of curiosity. I probably won't be playing that long, bth. I've talked about my feelings on the gameplay before, and I said I liked it and I meant it, but there is also a part of the design I dislike. The actual combat is fine, but I don't like this nerve racking stress of being in danger of losing your blood echoes the more you gain them. This last frenzy attack, I'd laugh at the game trolling me like everyone else, but I had 30,000 blood echoes saved up and now I am gonna try and get them back. It adds a layer of stress to the combat I find is both unnecessary and unproductive, though the horror survivalist fans here will probably disagree. But I'm not a horror survivalist game fan. I don't get anything more out of a experience that is tense just for the sake of being tense. I want a challenge in the gameplay, but I don't see the need to kick me in the balls when I fail.

I'm willing to tolerate that aspect to see the game through because I'm intrigued by the lore and environments and gameplay, but the stressful atmosphere will probably prevent the future playthroughs.

I was just asking out of curiosity. I probably won't be playing that long, bth. I've talked about my feelings on the gameplay before, and I said I liked it and I meant it, but there is also a part of the design I dislike. The actual combat is fine, but I don't like this nerve racking stress of being in danger of losing your blood echoes the more you gain them. This last frenzy attack, I'd laugh at the game trolling me like everyone else, but I had 30,000 blood echoes saved up and now I am gonna try and get them back. It adds a layer of stress to the combat I find is both unnecessary and unproductive, though the horror survivalist fans here will probably disagree. But I'm not a horror survivalist game fan. I don't get anything more out of a experience that is tense just for the sake of being tense. I want a challenge in the gameplay, but I don't see the need to kick me in the balls when I fail.

I'm willing to tolerate that aspect to see the game through because I'm intrigued by the lore and environments and gameplay, but the stressful atmosphere will probably prevent the future playthroughs.
I'll put it to you this way...once you hit level 75 I think 30K souls won't mean a god damn thing to you. I think my level 170 character needs close to 300K souls to level up. So you're wish of just grinding one character for max stats just will not work or will just hit diminishing returns on a high NG+ cycle cause your character will just go back to made out of cardboard again.

Veelk

Banned
I guess that's true, but same argument. I probably won't be around much after I beat the game once.

I just go to the forbidden forest and I am NEVER trusting a pile of wood again.

Also, is there any point at all to having insight? I've been saving it up since I don't have anything I want from the store, but all it seems to do is make the game tougher on the player if you hold onto it.

I guess that's true, but same argument. I probably won't be around much after I beat the game once.

I just go to the forbidden forest and I am NEVER trusting a pile of wood again.

Also, is there any point at all to having insight? I've been saving it up since I don't have anything I want from the store, but all it seems to do is make the game tougher on the player if you hold onto it.

Eh, well you can use it to summon people if you want help. Otherwise not really, AFAIK.

Brakke

Banned

The stres is all in your head. Leveling up isn't that big a deal in this game, people can beat it without ever leveling. You'll relax a bit later in the game when you see how the echoes at stake grow exponentially. By the time I was about the face the last boss, I could gain and lose 30k echoes in about four minutes. In NG+ I pretty much only ever gained enough echoes to matter immediately after beating a boss.

Once you're leveled enough to equip weapons you like, upgrading those weapons becomes way more important than leveling yourself. Obviously use the echoes you get, especially the big dumps you get from bosses, but don't sweat the losses. The one or two levels you might've gotten out of the souls you lost will never be the difference between victory and defeat.

You gotta hit some zen enlightenment with this game lol. Release your attachment to your material possessions, treasure your advances in knowledge and focus.

You can use insight to buy stuff in the Dream. The prices are bonkers tho. The highest level weapon upgrade stone, for example, is like 60 insight.

Having higher levels of insight also changes the world a bit. Some enemies gain new attacks (church dudes in Cathedral Ward start casting spells), some things become visible (Amygdala on the sides of buildings), some audio changes. I don't think anything huge tho. Also, Beastiality is harder to achieve with high Insight? I never really played around with the Beast Claw or the blood pellets, but that was my understanding.

Veelk

Banned
The stres is all in your head. Leveling up isn't that big a deal in this game, people can beat it without ever leveling. You'll relax a bit later in the game when you see how the echoes at stake grow exponentially. By the time I was about the face the last boss, I could gain and lose 30k echoes in about four minutes. In NG+ I pretty much only ever gained enough echoes to matter immediately after beating a boss.

Once you're leveled enough to equip weapons you like, upgrading those weapons becomes way more important than leveling yourself. Obviously use the echoes you get, especially the big dumps you get from bosses, but don't sweat the losses. The one or two levels you might've gotten out of the souls you lost will never be the difference between victory and defeat.

You gotta hit some zen enlightenment with this game lol. Release your attachment to your material possessions, treasure your advances in knowledge and focus.

I doubt it will come to that. Even if I start worrying about Blood echoes, (which I did in the last stretch of playthrough I had today, despite racking up a fair amount of them), I was constantly on edge from not wanting to be killed by something, forcing me to start my journey over from the lamp. That extra layer of tension is just pure survival horror (Because I am literally horrified over my survival) and it's not something I like in games. Which is still fine, btw, I'm not saying it should be otherwise. I like all the other parts of the game well enough, and you can't be a true fan of diversity in games if you cry foul every time something doesn't line up with your interests. So it's just a part of the game that is unlikely to ever resonate with me. It's not a big deal.

Further Veelk Adventures

Returning to Old Yharnam:

A while ago, I got stuck on Old Yharnnam because that MOTHERFUCKER with the gattling gun destoryed me at any attempt to get close. Even if I did get close, his little fuckboy would kill my ass. Well, I finally managed to kill that bitch, which meant the line to that MOTHERFUCKER was clear. So after 3 months of delay and lots of frustration at his bitch ass bullet spray tactics, I'm ready to shove my hand up this dude's ass. I climb up the tower and we finally throw down, mano-a-mano

Only for his dumb ass to trip and fall over the edge and die.

Bitch ass motherfucker.

Exploring the Forbidden Woods:

You know, I said this before, but it warrants repeating. A map would be nice, because I had no idea where I was going. But I have to say, walking through the woods, killing all the werewolves, only to stumble on the Snake head people was....

Well, I didn't NOPE out. But it was at the edge of my tongue as I went along. edge off the path, to see the snake bundle enemy. "Nnnnnn....nnnnnn...." I see people standing around with snake heads. "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnn.........."

Finally one of them ate me alive. That was when I decided to call it a night.

grmlin

Ahahahah, the woods.

I was killed by those big snake stacks multiple times, retrieved my blood echoes every time and had > 100k when I finally got to the boss(es). that was nice lol

And yes, easy to get lost there, some sort of map would have been great in there, for sure.

Melchiah

You should probably go the left first, towards the shooters, then through the gateway on the square before the Grand Cathedral. You now have the password for the closed door there, since you've beaten Amelia. You can also find the needed item from the NPCs in the windows to pass the point where you just died.

Minamu

What, really? I had no clue! I have never levelled up above 150 in any Souls game, I thought I had read 255 was the cap. Great to know otherwise, thanks!

The truest statement in all of Bloodborne. The moment I discovered that you can slash directly from the middle of the regular transformation animation, and moreover, the resulting slash does ridiculous damage, was the moment it turned into my overall favorite.

I'm rocking the Bloodletter with my Bloodtinge character and it's frankly quite fun as well, but it loses a lot of the dynamism because it's the very opposite, you want to leave it transformed all the time and never switch back (which also means you want to switch weapons as little as possible).
I'll confirm when I get to 256 ;)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, guys:

O
rphan of
K
os
. I've bounced off of him around 20+ times now and only once have I got him down to a cm of health (I flubbed at the last second). Any tips or advice for soloing this rat bastard?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Is bloodborne done in terms of patches and or expansions?

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
Okay, guys:

O
rphan of
K
os
. I've bounced off of him around 20+ times now and only once have I got him down to a cm of health (I flubbed at the last second). Any tips or advice for soloing this rat bastard?

I just beat him over the weekend. I let him jump over be and backstabbed through the first phase. His first phase is not that tough once you get used to it but I found this to be the safest method and the more blood vials you can take into phase two the better.

Haven't really got any tips for phase 2. I unlocked for it but in general it seems like a lot of bullshit. Got him really close a couple times before beating him. Just roll a lot and prey. Sorry about the phone pics.
24c48f74ccb95d35ed5f5898043b20d4f5c1045d.jpg

47bb89d571f6113caec43b719d7a250b453246b3.jpg

Here's my kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7gHFe6OVR8

I doubt it will come to that. Even if I start worrying about Blood echoes, (which I did in the last stretch of playthrough I had today, despite racking up a fair amount of them), I was constantly on edge from not wanting to be killed by something, forcing me to start my journey over from the lamp. That extra layer of tension is just pure survival horror (Because I am literally horrified over my survival) and it's not something I like in games. Which is still fine, btw, I'm not saying it should be otherwise. I like all the other parts of the game well enough, and you can't be a true fan of diversity in games if you cry foul every time something doesn't line up with your interests. So it's just a part of the game that is unlikely to ever resonate with me. It's not a big deal.

Further Veelk Adventures

Returning to Old Yharnam:

A while ago, I got stuck on Old Yharnnam because that MOTHERFUCKER with the gattling gun destoryed me at any attempt to get close. Even if I did get close, his little fuckboy would kill my ass. Well, I finally managed to kill that bitch, which meant the line to that MOTHERFUCKER was clear. So after 3 months of delay and lots of frustration at his bitch ass bullet spray tactics, I'm ready to shove my hand up this dude's ass. I climb up the tower and we finally throw down, mano-a-mano

Only for his dumb ass to trip and fall over the edge and die.

Bitch ass motherfucker.

Exploring the Forbidden Woods:

You know, I said this before, but it warrants repeating. A map would be nice, because I had no idea where I was going. But I have to say, walking through the woods, killing all the werewolves, only to stumble on the Snake head people was....

Well, I didn't NOPE out. But it was at the edge of my tongue as I went along. edge off the path, to see the snake bundle enemy. "Nnnnnn....nnnnnn...." I see people standing around with snake heads. "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnn.........."

Finally one of them ate me alive. That was when I decided to call it a night.
I love your posts, so many noob memories in those. Now I rarely get tripped up these days by the main game...dlc on the other hand, yikes.

xinek

This is the single best piece of advice to anyone playing this game. It's been hard to re-learn it after not playing for months and getting back into it for the DLC.

Melchiah

The game drew me back to replay the DLC on NG+, despite of thinking otherwise after finishing it a month ago. Eventhough my character is at level 212, it takes more than one parry & visceral combo to down the Executioners. That's why I decided to fetch the +30% visceral damage Clawmark rune from the Lower Ailing Loran root chalice, and stumbled onto a stronger and faster version of Mad Ones there, that I don't recall meeting before. Three of them whupped my ass several times, so I just ran past them to get the rune. Definitely one of the hardest enemies I've fought in the game.

Apparently bringing two NPC hunters to the Ludwig fight is possible on NG+, unlike in the regular mode, so I did exactly that, and the fight went like a breeze. I've so far gotten killed three times on the second DLC playthrough. Once, when I got stuck in the Brainlickers' crossfire, then by the two hunters past Ludwig, and last night I was beaten to death by a gang of Enlarged Head Patients. Lost about 200k echoes there, but that's not even enough for a single level up at this point. I dunno, if I have what it takes to beat the two hardest bosses in the DLC, as I was barely able to beat them before. Both of them took all of my Blood Vials, and nearly all of the remaining health:
J0PxzCcl.jpg
sQJ5hrul.jpg

Ahahahah, the woods.

I was killed by those big snake stacks multiple times, retrieved my blood echoes every time and had > 100k when I finally got to the boss(es). that was nice lol

And yes, easy to get lost there, some sort of map would have been great in there, for sure.

I believe there are lanterns on most of the road through the Woods, particularly in the area after the first shortcut. If you just run along that path it takes you more or less to the boss IIRC.

ch4fx_

Thanks for the replies yesterday guys, glad to know my current build will work with the pizza cutter.

I bought the DLC last night & went straight for the saw, it too me 4/5 different runs but totally worth it in the end.

Tonight I imagine I will spend a few hours familiarizing myself with the weapon & hopefully find a place to pick up some twin bloodstone shards/bloodstone chunks - any suggestions for this? Boss progression wise I've defeated;
Cleric Beast, Father G, BSB, & Vicar
, and I can't recall when/where the shards/chunks begin to drop.

grmlin

I believe there are lanterns on most of the road through the Woods, particularly in the area after the first shortcut. If you just run along that path it takes you more or less to the boss IIRC.

You can basically run to every boss once you opened the shortcuts without killing anyone, right?

Anyway, I prefer to clear the area first, at least before I try to kill the boss. Items and all... :)

You can basically run to every boss once you opened the shortcuts without killing anyone, right?

Anyway, I prefer to clear the area first, at least before I try to kill the boss. Items and all... :)

Well on NG+ I just run through, but you can still use the road as a guide in NG when you're picking up items.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I just beat him over the weekend. I let him jump over be and backstabbed through the first phase. His first phase is not that tough once you get used to it but I found this to be the safest method and the more blood vials you can take into phase two the better.

Haven't really got any tips for phase 2. I unlocked for it but in general it seems like a lot of bullshit. Got him really close a couple times before beating him. Just roll a lot and prey. Sorry about the phone pics.
24c48f74ccb95d35ed5f5898043b20d4f5c1045d.jpg

47bb89d571f6113caec43b719d7a250b453246b3.jpg

Here's my kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7gHFe6OVR8

Fair play! That was pretty tight towards the end. Good going, man.

Unfortunately, I don't do quite that kind of damage or have quite that range (BT build), so I'm not sure I can pull off those backstabs. I'll give it a shot.

Any other gaffers with any advice?

Veelk

Banned
I asked this before, but I just want a clarification: how much difference does what your wearing really make? Or have armor sets that have different stats between each other, but the main Def is usually a text or twenty point difference. Does that mean the differences are mostly aesthetic or should I actually be paying attention to the stats?

Melchiah

I asked this before, but I just want a clarification: how much difference does what your wearing really make? Or have armor sets that have different stats between each other, but the main Def is usually a text or twenty point difference. Does that mean the differences are mostly aesthetic or should I actually be paying attention to the stats?

Wearing arcane resistant attire made Rom, Logarius, and Ebrietas a bit easier for me. The same goes for Laurence, when using fire resistant attire, Paarl with bolt resistant set, and BSB with a poison equivalent. I also equipped similar runes for those fights.

Usually it doesn't matter, assuming you're not wearing something super weak (e.g. doll set or street clothes or whatever they're called). However, for certain situations it can be quite useful. For instance, if you're fighting a bolt-type boss, you're gonna watch a set with high bolt resistance. Or a fire boss, high fire resist.

Also in some places high poison resistance or frenzy resistance can be super super useful.

Melchiah

Usually it doesn't matter, assuming you're not wearing something super weak (e.g. doll set or street clothes or whatever they're called). However, for certain situations it can be quite useful. For instance, if you're fighting a bolt-type boss, you're gonna watch a set with high bolt resistance. Or a fire boss, high fire resist.

Also in some places high poison resistance or frenzy resistance can be super super useful.

I don't think I've ever used frenzy resistant attire, but I always equip such runes for Mensis.

grmlin

Well on NG+ I just run through, but you can still use the road as a guide in NG when you're picking up items.

I never played any souls game and I'm still playing my first playthrough of Bloodborne, so I have to ask :)

- does loot respawn on a new game?
- when you say you run through it, how to you level? Only by fighting the bosses?

There are some specific bosses who deals specific damage like Arcane and Lightning the armor helps you to reduce like 15%-20% of the damage (more if you have resistance runes). is more noticeable if you have decent Vit

I never played any souls game and I'm still playing my first playthrough of Bloodborne, so I have to ask :)

- when you say you run through it, how to you level? Only by fighting the bosses?

Yes and yes

myco666

Fair play! That was pretty tight towards the end. Good going, man.

Unfortunately, I don't do quite that kind of damage or have quite that range (BT build), so I'm not sure I can pull off those backstabs. I'll give it a shot.

Any other gaffers with any advice?

On OoK? Backstab fishing is easiest way possible for the first phase and it works with every weapon if you know the timing. Second phase is way trickier and I usually try to dodge everything and get few hits in everytime its safe. With faster weapons you can get backstabs but it is way more strict timing wise since the bastard moves so fast.

If you are confident enough you could also learn the parry timing and make it super easy.

edit.
NG++ run with Church Pick and no healing if you want to check my strategy in video form.

The loot respawns, except for key items. But you still have your loot from the previous game, so there's generally not much I really care about in the Woods area (in later areas you can get blood chunks, which can be useful).

Re: leveling, it depends. You get a good amount of echoes (I keep writing souls) from the bosses, or you can do chalice dungeons runs. Or if you're really in need of some echoes, you can farm a couple areas, like the lecture building or a particular late-game area.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
On OoK? Backstab fishing is easiest way possible for the first phase and it works with every weapon if you know the timing. Second phase is way trickier and I usually try to dodge everything and get few hits in everytime its safe. With faster weapons you can get backstabs but it is way more strict timing wise since the bastard moves so fast.

If you are confident enough you could also learn the parry timing and make it super easy.

edit.
NG++ run with Church Pick and no healing if you want to check my strategy in video form.

Nice one, man. I can get a few parrys off in the first phase but I wouldn't say I was "confident". I'll see if I can't nail the backstabs, they seem to do a ton of damage.

That video though... I'd've spammed the living shit out of the triangle button. Guy shows serious restraint.

Raptor

Alright so I started the new char, Lone Survivor using a Cane and the Pistol, made it to the first lanter on Central Yharnam.

SO general advices?

I first put a good amount on Vit and End right? Whats a good cap for when I start to put on BT?

Top Bottom