• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Hokay so.... I'm relatively new to the series. I struggled quite a bit in Bloodborne early on but eventually got to grips with the combat.

Cleric Beast - 2 tries
Gascoigne - 1 try
Blood Starved Beast - 3 tries
Darkbeast Paarl - I've lost fucking count

I summon the AI helper dude and... doesn't help at all. I can not get this guy down very far at all before I'm dead. I think maybe I shouldn't be fighting it yet, but I doubt a few stat boosts are going to help me...

I'm mostly strength based and have been using Ludwig's Sword (in 2H) since I got it. Stagger stagger stagger is beast.... but maybe it's just too slow against this boss? I dunno....
Are you locking on? I would suggest you don't and instead roll under him and attack his limbs.

Minamu

Last time I checked, I couldn't find any good lore videos for the DLC. Have the regulars on youtube gotten around to that yet? :D

Fighting the penultimate boss at lvl 255 was surprisingly difficult I must say, currently on ng++++ I think. I had a really hard time even with str 85 and skl 70 :O Whiligig Saw+10 wasn't as epic as I thought it was gonna be ;) But that L2 actually did a lot of stunning even on that boss!

I'm finding plenty of pvp at my lvl still, I'm also surprised to say. It's getting rather tough though, I'm losing a lot tonight :/

But I'm mostly here for lore, got any? :D

-Horizon-

Hokay so.... I'm relatively new to the series. I struggled quite a bit in Bloodborne early on but eventually got to grips with the combat.

Cleric Beast - 2 tries
Gascoigne - 1 try
Blood Starved Beast - 3 tries
Darkbeast Paarl - I've lost fucking count

I summon the AI helper dude and... doesn't help at all. I can not get this guy down very far at all before I'm dead. I think maybe I shouldn't be fighting it yet, but I doubt a few stat boosts are going to help me...

I'm mostly strength based and have been using Ludwig's Sword (in 2H) since I got it. Stagger stagger stagger is beast.... but maybe it's just too slow against this boss? I dunno....
You don't need to fight paarl yet. I mean you can (I did it with the NPC help too). Its just difficult since its attacks are so deadly and sweeping.

The thing with paarl is you can actually stagger it for a good while. Aim for its legs. Don't lock on.

Also put on that yellow hunter outfit, henryk's I think if you've already unlocked it. It has better bolt resistance than any other outfit.

Yeah I would seriously advise coming back to Paarl a little later on - maybe not too much later as he will be TOO easy towards the end game removing any challenge at all, but as an optional boss I think you find him a little early than many can take him on it - you might only have a +3 weapon when you first get to that area.

I remember my first run, the spin to win fully charged R2 of the hunter axe was useful in keeping him down. I basically got him in a loop where he was just constantly flopped out on the floor.

Neen

Neo Member
Is anyone willing to help a hunter out?

I have tried and tried again to topple Micolash on my second playthrough but have found it extremely difficult.

I get him to the second phase and am now resorting to the cheap way of beating him. However! I still can't seem to beat him.

Someone. Anyone. Please. I'm begging now. Begging. Like a dog.

I have tried and tried again to topple Micolash on my second playthrough but have found it extremely difficult.

I get him to the second phase and am now resorting to the cheap way of beating him. However! I still can't seem to beat him.

Is he killing you with A Call Beyond? If so, stay close to him and he won't use it generally. What level are you? I might be able to..

Raptor

Lols.

Calm down man, someone will help.

Neen

Neo Member
Is he killing you with A Call Beyond? If so, stay close to him and he won't use it generally. What level are you? I might be able to..

I'm on level 162.

The last time I tried he beat me right at the end with A Call Beyond. I thought I could stun him with a quick hit but he got it off anyway.

I have the feeling I should probably level up more but I'm at the stage where I'd like to just beat him and move on.

I would appreciate the help.

I'm on level 162.

The last time I tried he beat me right at the end with A Call Beyond. I thought I could stun him with a quick hit but he got it off anyway.

I have the feeling I should probably level up more but I'm at the stage where I'd like to just beat him and move on.

I would appreciate the help.

Okay I'll help out. Set a password, maybe GAF? I'll be outside the fog gate in a few min.

Brakke

Banned
Last time I checked, I couldn't find any good lore videos for the DLC. Have the regulars on youtube gotten around to that yet? :D

Fighting the penultimate boss at lvl 255 was surprisingly difficult I must say, currently on ng++++ I think. I had a really hard time even with str 85 and skl 70 :O Whiligig Saw+10 wasn't as epic as I thought it was gonna be ;) But that L2 actually did a lot of stunning even on that boss!

I'm finding plenty of pvp at my lvl still, I'm also surprised to say. It's getting rather tough though, I'm losing a lot tonight :/

But I'm mostly here for lore, got any? :D

People talk about this essay, The Paleblood Hunt. It's super long and I think the guy is a terrible writer but it's super in-depth. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit

Neen

Neo Member
K ringing. If it doesn't work you may have to set the region to worldwide if you haven't already.

edit: faaack. let me know if you want me to rejoin sorry. will leave the bell ringing for now.

Ok, let's try this again.

HE. IS. BRUTAL.

Same password. I'll be there in a moment.

Brakke

Banned
Go! Go! We believe in you!

one more?

famous last words, lol

Are you destroying the sword after he stabs it into the ground? That stops the stupid flying weapons that hit you all the time.

Micolash, sounds like. He's using A Call Beyond.

When I see him start using A Call Beyond, I always back away to mid-long range, usually the best luck I've had was to roll toward him shortly after the projectiles emerge, they'll fly over your head and you'll dodge them.

Arondight

Just witnessed that a day ago. That call Beyond is cheap as hell especially since he uses it consecutively with no time to recover. I went nope and used Simon's Bowblade and Poison knife.

The thing with paarl is you can actually stagger it for a good while. Aim for its legs. Don't lock on.

Also put on that yellow hunter outfit, henryk's I think if you've already unlocked it.

I did these things and with the help of an NPC summon, I finally beat him. Getting him knocked down helped a bunch. That didn't happen once the first time. I just kept playing too far away from him, and that clearly wasn't the proper strategy.

My first playthrough, I didn't have any trouble with Mico.

My second playthrough he was spamming A Call Beyond. I finally figured out a chase pattern that didn't force him into the room. Then I just chased him around slashing him when I could, and I killed him without him ever going into phase 2. Haha

Mobius 1

I cleared the DLC (brilliant), was working on the Chalice Dungeons and... forgot NOT to finish the game. Now I'm on NG+, leveling up to tackle the dungeons. I'm an idiot.

MikeyB

I am so terrible at this game, but I cannot stop playing. 30 minutes to try Rom again last night turned into 2.5 hours of co-opping Rom to learn him. Beat him three times as a beckoned Confederate.

I am so sleepy today and all I am thinking about is getting better at beating NPC hunters. That one before the nightmare fog is really obnoxious with multiple hunters. I had no trouble solo, but her target switching against multiple players messes me up.

Funny thing. I was allll excited about finally being able to play Bloodborne on my phone (remote play app). Tis necessary for when my wife wants the TV. So I was playing it today and I got to a new area (The Forbidden Woods). I stopped because I wanted to experience it on my TV on a decent size screen. Even though my phone's screen is pretty big (5.5"), that's still not enough to really take in the sights.

At the very least, I should get an android tablet for this sort of thing.

Today I had something happen with Rom I haven't seen before - After her first warp, she insta-warped to the third location and dropped both sets of spiders. I was still at the first batch and saw the second lot but with no Rom in the middle, I looked around and saw her further out with the third batch. Never had that happen before, I guess I did enough damage in the first part to knock her straight to the last warp?

Really wish I had PS+ so I could do some co-op. Would love to experience some of these fights with other hunters.

So, I did Cainhurst today. Level 60'ish, +9 Ludwig's Blade and I think I was overleveled. I didn't die in the entire place and 1 shot the boss. Visceral were doing 1500 damage to him.

Stencil

K guys, a bit at a loss. Just beat Darkbeast Paarl and went back to Old Yarnham to talk to Djura but despite running past all the enemies without harming them, Djura still attacked when I got up to his tower. Am I missing something?

edit: Even spawned from the Darkbeast lantern and came in the back way. Still Aggroing...

K guys, a bit at a loss. Just beat Darkbeast Paarl and went back to Old Yarnham to talk to Djura but despite running past all the enemies without harming them, Djura still attacked when I got up to his tower. Am I missing something?

edit: Even spawned from the Darkbeast lantern and came in the back way. Still Aggroing...

You have to not aggro him at all (don't let him see you) from the moment you zone in to when you climb his tower. The second time (from the Darkbeast lantern), did he see/shoot you before you got up where he is?

Hey everyone, my first time visiting this thread and its for a good reason. I just got a PS4 today, oh and also Bloodborne as well too. There's that. :p So hopefully, I'll be joining you all in the hunt real soon. :D

Stencil

You have to not aggro him at all (don't let him see you) from the moment you zone in to when you climb his tower. The second time (from the Darkbeast lantern), did he see/shoot you before you got up where he is?

Nope, no aggro as far as I can tell. Some enemies aggrod on my way to him but I didn't attack them. He didn't shoot at me with his gattling. Went in the back way, or at least as back a way as I could tell. Climbed up to him and he slowly turned around and opened fire. Is it because I had a torch equipped?

Nope, no aggro as far as I can tell. Some enemies aggrod on my way to him but I didn't attack them. He didn't shoot at me with his gattling. Went in the back way, or at least as back a way as I could tell. Climbed up to him and he slowly turned around and opened fire. Is it because I had a torch equipped?

You are supposed to unlock the shortcut from the next boss in that area, use the lamp there, climb the shortcut and go talk to him.

Or defeat Paarl and use the shortcut to talk to him

Stencil

You are supposed to unlock the shortcut from the next boss in that area, use the lamp there, climb the shortcut and go talk to him.

Or defeat Paarl and use the shortcut to talk to him

I defeated Paarl; what is the shortcut? I'm going through the door from his arena.

edit: nvm I just shot him off the edge... I tried damn it!

Just started playing this game a few days ago and have put about an hour or two into it so far. I've been running around Central Yharnam and basically just getting a feel for the combat, trying to learn how to parry and things like that. The most Blood Echoes I've gotten at one point was around 3000, so I went back to the Hunter's Dream to upgrade my main weapon and blunderbuss. I didn't see an option to do anything else with the Blood Echoes yet.

As I said, I've mainly just been wandering around the starting area. I've killed the mob on main street a few times and fought the two wolves on the bridge before dying. I dropped down into a sewer area but haven't explored that at all yet. I've noticed a lot of notes from players talking about secret areas, but I didn't find the secrets (one note was next to a large enemy with an axe, the other note mentioned something about a dead body next to a well. It was after you fight the large monster banging on the giant door).

Tomorrow I'll try fighting the wolves again and see if I can progress further that way. Aside from the sewers, it seems like this is the way to progress forward. Any tips that you guys might have for me? I haven't been paying attention to weapon and character statistics yet. Looked a bit overwhelming but I'll have to dive into it at some point.

Brakke

Banned
Any tips that you guys might have for me?

You can level up once you have 1 Insight. You get Insight by witnessing crazy shit (like encountering bosses for the first time) or from consuming Madman's Knowledge items. If you've picked up one of those items you might go ahead and eat it so you can level up. Else, you'll probably encounter a boss soon.

Shadows of yharnam :(

Damn son....

They're tough but not impossible. Couple tips: 1) if you have a Shaman Bone Dagger you can hit a guy with it to take him out of the fight for a bit. 2) even tho one of them carries a lightning weapon, they're actually super vulnerable to Bolt damage. 3) you should be able to kite the sword guy and the candle guy to one side of the map then dash in on the oyromancer for a few seconds of uncontested attacking. 4) if you've joined the guys that hunt vermin you can summon an AI Confederate up the hill from the fight buy the big tombstone thing, helps spread the aggro.

jb1234

Trying to finish the DLC before I tackle the final boss and shit,
Orphan of Kos
is an asshole. It's probably no surprise that the DLC has been significantly harder than the main game (which was already hard enough) but man, this is just cruel. I can't imagine doing this on NG+ or higher.

Raptor

You can level up once you have 1 Insight. You get Insight by witnessing crazy shit (like encountering bosses for the first time) or from consuming Madman's Knowledge items. If you've picked up one of those items you might go ahead and eat it so you can level up. Else, you'll probably encounter a boss soon.

They're tough but not impossible. Couple tips: 1) if you have a Shaman Bone Dagger you can hit a guy with it to take him out of the fight for a bit. 2) even tho one of them carries a lightning weapon, they're actually super vulnerable to Bolt damage. 3) you should be able to kite the sword guy and the candle guy to one side of the map then dash in on the oyromancer for a few seconds of uncontested attacking. 4) if you've joined the guys that hunt vermin you can summon an AI Confederate up the hill from the fight buy the big tombstone thing, helps spread the aggro.

I summoned a twin sister of something and it says "A lady ringed a sinister bell" got scared as shit lol, that AI got proper killed alright and it left me with 2 full bar ones and one at 10% started to summon some big ass snakes (I mean big not like anaconda big but big ass snakes jeez) and got killed by one hit of them.

I talked to some nice dude at a house that before it was pure like lamenting or screms I dont know but something was there and now is this nice dude that gave me a stone, it said "Right of the grand cathedral" so I supose I have to go to the grand cathedral?

I equipped armor that has big poson res because the snakes are giving me trouble specially the bigger ones, and Im rocking a +6 pizza cutter, thing melts all and is fun to use ;)

I could do with some help for Micolash the boss with the bird cage on his head.
I'm standing in front of his area and no one is answering my bell-call for help. :(

Top Bottom