• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

BumRush

No problem!

You don't go right up to talk to her. There are some candles on the ground at the foot of her throne where you kneel and then join the Vilebloods and she'll give you the Cainhurst Badge. You can always wait until this point to get the Wheel badge as well.

Thanks (and thanks poster above). I didn't do that :(

Was trying to go as guideless as possible on my first run, but not bowing was just a user error.

Xeteh

Thanks (and thanks poster above). I didn't do that :(

Was trying to go as guideless as possible on my first run, but not bowing was just a user error.

It happens. My first run is always on my own (though I had to look up where to go after VA because I forgot about the password door) and then for the second one I look things up and do everything I missed.

That "Bloody Crow Hunter of Cainhurst" should just be nicknamed Vergil.

Gave me the most grief and despair in the game... Followed by Bloodletting Beast and Abhorrent Beast.

specdot

Honestly, I had the hardest time with her than any other chalice boss. I beat the final Bloodletting Beast on my second try. It took me 10 tries to finish off Amygdala in the defiled dungeon.

Regardless..

feels-good-man.gif

Bring on whatever DLC they like. I'm in.

EDIT: Here's my Bloodletting Beast battle by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXu-bp2HG4Q

I found if you just stay as close to him as possible and stay at his sides once he transforms, he's pretty straightforward.
Using the Saw Cleaver? Mah man, pots and pans! I have almost all of the weapons so far in the game and the Saw Cleaver is still my main and go to weapon.
Pro-tip for some having trouble with Rom, use a blunt weapon. I did him in with my trusty Tonitrus.

On Demand

Banned
12 hours on Ebrietas and I still can't kill it. :(

I found a routine but the second form always kills me. I then tried another way by spamming it in the corridor area where you enter. Kept jumping behind it and attacking. It kinda worked. Got its health real low but just couldn't do it.

Another 12 hours I guess.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Two questions

1) Am starting a new build (Bloodtinge/skill) aiming for the Chikage/Reiterpallash. Which is the best starter weapon for me right now.

2) Any way to not get a giraffe neck lol?

Using the Saw Cleaver? Mah man, pots and pans! I have almost all of the weapons so far in the game and the Saw Cleaver is still my main and go to weapon.
Pro-tip for some having trouble with Rom, use a blunt weapon. I did him in with my trusty Tonitrus.
Yep. I'll switch to the Holy Blade when I need to deal big damage on some bosses but I chose the Saw Cleaver off the bat and never looked back.

I found a routine but the second form always kills me. I then tried another way by spamming it in the corridor area where you enter. Kept jumping behind it and attacking. It kinda worked. Got its health real low but just couldn't do it.

Don't know if it will help any but here's my kill of her on NG+ using the Holy Blade. Probably level 130 or so in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj4lhQy9h08

Two questions

1) Am starting a new build (Bloodtinge/skill) aiming for the Chikage/Reiterpallash. Which is the best starter weapon for me right now.

Threaded Cane is the starter weapon that is skill based.

It's versatile enough to last you all the way to Cainhurst.

Xeteh

Two questions

My current playthrough is Bloodtinge and I used the Saw Spear and Rifle Spear until I killed ML. Rifle Spear's 2h charge attack is so amazing.

Nope!

Ferr986

Two questions

Keep in mind that if you want to use Chikage, the 1H mode only scales with skill, but the 2H mode only scales with BLT (and it's more powerful this way).

Same here. I can't beat her for the life of me.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Keep in mind that if you want to use Chikage, the 1H mode only scales with skill, but the 2H mode only scales with BLT (and it's more powerful this way).
Will keep in mind. Interesting... Will make a good change of pace from my pure Skill 1rst build.

specdot

I have a question for y'all. It's a lore question and forgive my ignorance as the story in this game goes way over my head. Can someone please explain to me the
Old One Reborn
?! That thing is gross. I loved the nod the devs gave to the
Tower Knight from Demon's Soułs though
I just beat it so no spoilers if they apply here.

myco666

Did you guys watch the CGI intro when waiting on the title screen? It's fantastic!

Isn't it the E3 trailer?

Oh christ is it annoying to help people in
Rom.
There has been bunch of people who go through the fog door and wait for me to go through also for minutes without jumping into water.

Shit that was my weapon for my first build haha. Oh well. How bout dat neck though...

Well the starter weapons goes along to which stats you want to focus on- Hunter's Axe is Strength, Threaded Cane is Skill, Saw Cleaver is... Balanced but slightly in favor of strength I guess?

Alternatively you can pick up the Saw Spear which is balanced but slightly in favor of skill or the Rifle Spear, but that's a tiny bit later.

I don't know what a giraffe neck is in this context.

Does the Canon use up 12 bullets since the patch?

yes.

joecanada

100% agree with this. No heal fights in this game are not fun plus invaders having a natural health disadvantage isn't fair. Plus wasn't part of the "no heal rule" spawned from the fact that invaders in Dark Souls couldn't heal without using a Humanity?

The 30 percent health disadvantage is totally fair. As the invader you assume some risk plus many people drag enemies into the fight. Plus in many cases you are an invader literally, as in people don't want you there. Last invader I lured to the canon in forbidden woods.. BTW that does hurt invader, one shot and goodbye. I don't care that it's in there but I don't want the invader there meaning 2vs1 is a given. You come in, I cannon you out. Not interested.

benjammin

It looks like my elevator in
yahargul
is glitched. I step on the button at the bottom, but it won't go up. Tried the switches at the top and the bottom and nothing has budged it. Is this a known issue with a solution, or do I need to make sure I kill the boss in one try?

Dubz

So I Beat this boss,
Rom
, and I was taken to the
Unseen Village. Once I arrived at the Unseen Village I go to the first lamp and teleport back to the Hunter's Dream. I decide to go back to the Unseen Village lamp, but I can't find it anywhere in Hunter's Dream.
What am I missing?

Xeteh

So I Beat this boss,
Rom
, and I was taken to the
Unseen Village. Once I arrived at the Unseen Village I go to the first lamp and teleport back to the Hunter's Dream. I decide to go back to the Unseen Village lamp, but I can't find it anywhere in Hunter's Dream.
What am I missing?

Should be on the third headstone.

knitoe

So I Beat this boss,
Rom
, and I was taken to the
What am I missing?

You are probably looking at the wrong tombstone.

Dubz

Should be on the third headstone.

What's the name of it? Because there is no
Unseen Village
Is there another way there?

EDIT: The third Tombstone has two placxes to go to, and when I click the second option it says, function not available.

E92 M3

Isn't it the E3 trailer?

Oh christ is it annoying to help people in
Rom.
There has been bunch of people who go through the fog door and wait for me to go through also for minutes without jumping into water.

It looks familiar, but don't think it is. Maybe I'm wrong.

On Demand

Banned
Don't know if it will help any but here's my kill of her on NG+ using the Holy Blade. Probably level 130 or so in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj4lhQy9h08

I'm level 70. It's that flying drop attack that always messes me up. I tried playing it your style and attacking from behind early on. That is a quicker way to get its health low. But more risky of needing to use up my vials. I originally just waited until it attacked me first.

Taking a break.

Xeteh

Says function unavailable when I click it. I think I will restart and see what happens.

You can run to it if you take the path to the right of the Grand Cathedral (if you're facing it). It is past the Lesser Amygdala through a door.

mulac

Finally beat Cleric Beast last night, genuine feeling of achievement!
Happily aswell i had levelled up my strength to 16 and had enough blood echoes for the KirkHammer.

Think i will do some echo farming for a while before progressing, although my character os already level 22...too much?

The patch has made tthis game an absolute revelation now...sofar my GOTY.

Is the strategy guide worth it???

E92 M3

Finally beat Cleric Beast last night, genuine feeling of achievement!
Happily aswell i had levelled up my strength to 16 and had enough blood echoes for the KirkHammer.

Think i will do some echo farming for a while before progressing, although my character os already level 22...too much?

The patch has made tthis game an absolute revelation now...sofar my GOTY.

Is the strategy guide worth it???

Glad you're enjoying it! The guide is a beautiful collectors item - I'd get it!

Top Bottom