• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Grexeno

I thought someone said that the suspicious beggar goes to the opposite location of what you tell him to do, so I sent him to the chapel.

But apparently I fucked up. Fuck.

Phamit

So what happens with your chalice dungeons in new game plus?

Do I need finish unfnished chalices before I finish the game?

Putty

For the first time in quite some, my arse has been well and truly handed to me tonight.
mensis
by those bastard frenzy big headed fucking things...

Welp, Ailing Loran is kicking my ass with the first boss. I'd beat the game and tackle them later for NG+, but I don't want to lose my farming areas.

Kalnos

Banned
In the defiled chalice once you get Amygdala to the point where he/she rips her arms off you can just stand behind her and hit the back of her legs/tail... it's lame and takes a bit longer but the only two things she does at that point is stomp with one foot (really easy to dodge) and jump forward a few feet. Cheesy but effective.

That chalice was definitely the lamest thing in this game.

Says function unavailable when I click it. I think I will restart and see what happens.

Mine also says the same. And if I run the long way back to the lamp, the lamp is destroyed. This only happened after I defeated
rom and the world changed!

But yeah one of my lamps don't work either now for whatever reason.

danthefan

Just reached V
icar
A
melia
, got absolutely stomped obviously. Think I'll try again tomorrow. Not a bad day anyway, got all through Old Yarnham and unlocked the few gates in Cathedral District. We're making progress.

mcfizzle4

I had Defiled Watch Dog down to literally 2 hits left and he kills me.

I'm about to cry. You've broken me, Bloodborne.
I had him down to even less,you couldn't see any health on the bar. It was my fault though, tried to squeeze too many hits in and actually rolled under him instead of away. It pissed me off but also gave me confidence and I beat him shortly after.

benjammin

I solved my issue with the
yahargul
elevator by turning the console off and on. It ended up being irrelevant though, killed the boss on my first try. I'm on a real roll now, I've killed
rom, martyr logarius, amygdaloid, and the one reborn
all on my first try back to back. I seem to find the larger bosses quite a bit more difficult than the ones that can be parried.

Just defeated (Chalice Dungeon Boss Spoiler)
The Defiled Watchdog
That was ridiculous. You pretty much need to be perfect for the entire fight.

joecanada

I had Defiled Watch Dog down to literally 2 hits left and he kills me.

I'm about to cry. You've broken me, Bloodborne.

Ya hes tough but just think a couple poison knives, shots with repeating pistol, or if you were one level higher that would been it.
I levelled a couple times after almost beating him, went back and mopped the floor with him

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Shit I don't mean to bother you guys too much but what's the best build aiming for the Chikage (I know, I know...too many questions lol). Should I go full BT and leave Skill at 15 (Professional origin here) or do I do an hybrid.

I can't find any concise answer of Reddit or GameFAQs. Opinions all over the place. What do you guys think?

Shit I don't mean to bother you guys too much but what's the best build aiming for the Chikage (I know, I know...too many questions lol). Should I go full BT and leave Skill at 15 (Professional origin here) or do I do an hybrid.

I can't find any concise answer of Reddit or GameFAQs. Opinions all over the place. What do you guys think?

It pretty much depends on what moveset you plan on using more and if you dont care about being able to parry. Leveling up skill will give you more 1 handed damage and allow you to parry as well but going full into Bloodtinge will allow massive damage.

On Demand

Banned
Wow I don't even feel like playing anymore now. There's a point where difficult starts becoming annoying. This boss just doesn't want to be beaten. Been trying since 11:30am.

I have to finish all of the chalice dungeons and I have a plat, but this shit is boring. I've been doing decent in PvP compared to the other souls games though. I'll chalk that up to more newbies playing this time around.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It pretty much depends on what moveset you plan on using more and if you dont care about being able to parry. Leveling up skill will give you more 1 handed damage and allow you to parry as well but going full into Bloodtinge will allow massive damage.

The weapon's true utility is the 2H form so that's what I am aiming for really. It's the only way of really using it.

TheBear

Kinda stuck in the first area. I've unlocked most of the shortcuts around the first bonfire, and can either go fight
Father Gascoigne
or
the Cleric Beast
. They are both kicking my ass and I lost all my insight due to connection drops when trying co-op. Not sure where to go or what to do, my character is level 12 with a Saw Cleaver +2. What should I be focusing on here?

Kinda stuck in the first area. I've unlocked most of the shortcuts around the first bonfire, and can either go fight
Father Gascoigne
or
the Cleric Beast
. They are both kicking my ass and I lost all my insight due to connection drops when trying co-op. Not sure where to go or what to do, my character is level 12 with a Saw Cleaver +2. What should I be focusing on here?
You should prob level up IMO. More Vitality, Stamina and Strength will help. And what was the issue with the boss battles?

TheBear

You should prob level up IMO. More Vitality, Stamina and Strength will help. And what was the issue with the boss battles?

By levelling up do you mean grinding enemies where I've already been?
No issue in particular, they are just kicking my ass. Not sure how to attack Father G as when I start a combo on him he either blasts me mid combo or starts attacking me back. What's a good strategy?
Also, there's a big dude with a massive cleaver near the start of the game. Is there any benefit to beating him?

Phreak47

For the first time in quite some, my arse has been well and truly handed to me tonight.
mensis
by those bastard frenzy big headed fucking things...

Those guys are the worst. Once I had the Deep Sea rune with frenzy RES +200, I never swapped out for it. That and have sedatives ready on your quick menu.

danthefan

No issue in particular, they are just kicking my ass. Not sure how to attack Father G as when I start a combo on him he either blasts me mid combo or starts attacking me back. What's a good strategy?
Also, there's a big dude with a massive cleaver near the start of the game. Is there any benefit to beating him?

The guy with the cleaver just drops useful but non-vital items, and there's no level progress down there, so you can ignore him.

If you're really struggling with F.G. then there is a slightly cheesy strategy you can use:
When you run through the fog turn to your right and there's a bunch of gravestones here, you can keep them between him and you and just chip away at his health with the extended form of your weapon. Once he becomes a wolf then use the music box for free hits on him.

Also, if you can learn to parry you can do huge damage to him.

What level are you? Have you upgraded your weapon?

Yeah gain blood echoes from killing enemies and use the doll to level up (you should be able to do that). Did you get the attire? There is no real benefit, besides knowing you killed the dude with the massive cleaver. The vast majority of humanoid beast or hunters can be parry using your firearm. Father G is easily parry when he swings his axe but he is very fast. Perhaps try to beat the Cleric Beast first? For the Cleric Beast, aim for his head and fire. You should be able to down him after a few bullets, allowing a visceral attack once his head drops. Roll towards his right side by the little arm which has a less chance of hitting you and does less dmg as well. Once the Cleric Beast is half-health, he will start to attack wildly. Toss oil drums follow by a molotov cocktails to finish him off at that point. Oil drums doubles the damage from fire attacks but I believe 10 molotov cocktails should be enough, but I dont remember honestly haha. Beast are weak against fire.

edit: added some info

neoism

Wow had nearly 4 hours of pvp at chalice glyph: hizzngr3
Seriously guys join if you can I think you only have to do the first 2 CD to get it . Had a few times where I had to wait for 5 min or so but I think I'm too high level at 130 anyone at 100-120 should have better luck.. Good sportsmanship :p

Phreak47

(I think we can stop spoiler tagging early game stuff by now, eh?)

First off, I'd go after Cleric Beast first, as I found FG must harder. You might want to level up a little more. Spend early on vitality and stamina and worry about the rest later.

As for beating CB, I'll just say, get used to the general strategy of figuring out how to hit him from behind. Get good at timing circle button dodges/rolls to get there, and, know when and when not to R3 focus.

As for FG, I used the strategy of dodging him around one of the larger rows of headstones, and striking from the opposite side when he missed and got himself stuck up against them. Don't lock onto him during this. When he transforms to his final phase, lock onto him and use knives/molotovs. Above all else don't let his big jump attack get you. Be ready to roll away from it.

Also back at the dream, make a habit of always repairing your weapons at the bench. There's no reason to let your durability go down.

TheBear

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll just keep plugging away. To whoever asked I am Level 12 with a +2 Saw Cleaver/Blunderbluss

Cheers

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll just keep plugging away. To whoever asked I am Level 12 with a +2 Saw Cleaver/Blunderbluss

Cheers
Ah okay I have always used the pistol which has a longer range so I am unsure if you're able to stagger the cleric beast from a distant. I could be wrong however :p good luck!

Keihart

I'm level 70. It's that flying drop attack that always messes me up. I tried playing it your style and attacking from behind early on. That is a quicker way to get its health low. But more risky of needing to use up my vials. I originally just waited until it attacked me first.

Taking a break.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
*Also level 70 here*

My tactic was:
hitting her in the head for like 2+something k puts her on viceral attack mode.
She flinchs before charging at you, so be on the look out for that, star moving left or right on that moment and roll when the head is about to crush you.
No lock on(i used some for a brief moment to not miss some hits)
Also, after the viceral attack, before her "ape shit stage", she would kneel with her head down, hit her with all you got, i used electric paper.
And a little luck i guess :p

My victory, no vials , no damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17RyhP_ejhw "Senpai Ebrietas notice me...you only notice Rom. "

knitoe

Why does the hunter pistol do more damage than the blunderbuss and Ludwig rifle?

It confuses me.
Probably for balancing. Blunderbuss / Ludwig rifle hits more mobs, but have shorter range and less damage. The pistol / evelyn are single targets, but have longer range and does more damage.

Drencrom

Wow had nearly 4 hours of pvp at chalice glyph: hizzngr3
Seriously guys join if you can I think you only have to do the first 2 CD to get it . Had a few times where I had to wait for 5 min or so but I think I'm too high level at 130 anyone at 100-120 should have better luck.. Good sportsmanship :p

Yup, really great PvP there. Gonna have that chalice dungeon permanently on one of my graves.

Top Bottom