• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Veelk

Banned
Getting the materials is a grind till you beat the game I think then you can just buy them.
Yeah, well I'm in the last stretch of the main game. I'm gonna kill the wet nurse and then I'm gonna do the DLC. I'm more than ready, but it would be wierdly paced to put it off until I beat the DLC, so I'm doing that first.

Just tell me this: how do I avoid interacting with gehrman before I finish off the DLC? Like, does it automatically transport me to him once I kill the wet nurse?

Veelk

Banned
FUCK

I killed Arianna.

I wanted to only kill the demon infant but I accidentally hit her.

Fuck.

Edit: I got her shoes, which read as "Innocent and cute, in contrast with its owner." Wtf, bloodborne, did you have it in for this women? Why you throwing shade?

FUCK

I killed Arianna.

Fuck.

Edit: I got her shoes, which read as "Innocent and cute, in contrast with its owner." Wtf, bloodborne, did you have it in for this women? Why you throwing shade?

Maybe one of the reasons ENB took a break from BB. And yeah FROM have a thing for females in weird situations

FUCK

I killed Arianna.

Fuck.

She dies when it dies.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, Mergo's Wet Nurse is down.

This is actually pretty narratively convenient. With Nightmare slain, the Hunter's dream is falling apart and dawn is coming. With the pressure of the nightmare passed, you could say that the other dreams are I guess in a sort of chaotic scramble. Which is even better since the Old Hunter Yharnam architecture seems to look like how it'd look like if someone took acid.

So that's perfect timing for the Old Hunters DLC to take place. Plus I know Maria is an old student of Gerhman. So meeting with her before meeting with Gehrman seems perfect as well. Especially when I take her sword and bring it to Gehrman in the fight.

Platinum get!

Finished the Chalice dungeons last night, getting that final trophy, and the DLC has long since been done so that's 100%. Fantastic game.

Vicar Amelia must get a great deal on L'Oreal. -.-'

Went into an empty room, got picked up by a giant apparition? Lost 37K ... -.-'
tumblr_ntcy7quOGo1rg8qiio2_r1_500.jpg

grmlin

So I have to ask this question as I'm confused...

Did they patch/change Ebrietas in any way? All the videos I see show me a completely different boss. I'm certain I will finish her after some learning, but as I said, I'm confused.

I get her to the part where she starts shooting some crazy guided laser things which kill me very fast and I have no clue how to avoid them. Dodging does not work, and I don't get away far enough when she starts charging up.

I see videos of people standing in her face and tearing her apart, thats not possible at all for me.

Did they patch/change Ebrietas in any way? All the videos I see show me a completely different boss. I'm certain I will finish her after some learning, but as I said, I'm confused.

I get her to the part where she starts shooting some crazy guided laser things which kill me very fast and I have no clue how to avoid them. Dodging does not work, and I don't get away far enough when she starts charging up.

I see videos of people standing in her face and tearing her apart, thats not possible at all for me.
Chalice and Regular Ebrietas operate differently. The regular version you can get lucky and just dodge roll to her side and tear her up but that's not always the case, if you can't you have to actually fight her. With her lasers just dodge to the side until she stops shooting them at you and you should dodge all of them. Third phase is fucking aggressive though so try to have some sort of way to deal damage from a distance. Either good arcane spells or an upgraded Evelyn with BMA. I was recently caught up on that monstrosity here:
Bloodborne™ Isz Ebrietas

They haven't changed her, the lasers are in the second part of the fight. If you see someone fighting her and they don't get the lasers it might just be good RNG.

It dodge the lasers I just run, it's very similar to Rom's ice attack - just out run it.

grmlin

Ok. All good. But what's wrong with some of these bosses doing so different things all the time.

Last try she charge attacked me out of nothing when I tried to make her attack with the head. Of course I die when she tentacle slams me after that.

I don't know. Maybe I'll return later with higher level.
I don't like these random bosses. It's the same as with Logarius. If I try often enough there will be that one game where she behaves as expected and I can kill her.

Edit: last try she spammed charge attacks. All the time. And it's impossible to dodge that when you are close. That's bullshit and this feels as worse as Logarius. Not fun.

The bosses have a lot of attacks and different phases (usually based on their health) and a lot of the time it's somewhat random what they will do or often based on your distance from them - you can often bait certain attacks by staying at a certain distance, other times it's just random. It keeps things fresh, if the boss did the exact same thing every time it would be far easier.

Veelk

Banned
Can someone tell me what does and does not transfer with NG+? I know your equipment does, but what about your shop level? Like, I can buy Chikage right now. If I start NG+, will I be able to buy it at the start, or will I have to go to Cainhurst Castle and join the vilebloods again? What about Chalice Dungeon advancement?

grmlin

if bosses have attack patterns I can't counter in any way I don't have fun. That's all. I love this game because learning the enemies and beating them is what causes all the feelings.
But this is just cheap.

I mean. If the boss has an attack Incant dodge, parry or evade otherwise, fine. But doing this alle the time over and over again until you have no blood vials left is bs

Logarius did the same with his sword spell. Meh. As I said, it's not fun for me and that makes me sad because I like the game so much.

You're probably watching overleveled people wreck the shit out of her. Watch a video where the person fighting her is level 4. That way you see someone applying a strategy that might help you, and you'll see more of the moves too.

Can someone tell me what does and does not transfer with NG+? I know your equipment does, but what about your shop level? Like, I can buy Chikage right now. If I start NG+, will I be able to buy it at the start, or will I have to go to Cainhurst Castle and join the vilebloods again? What about Chalice Dungeon advancement?
Everything transfers over except for special keys to certain areas and umbilical cords if I'm not mistaken.
Ok. All good. But what's wrong with some of these bosses doing so different things all the time.

Last try she charge attacked me out of nothing when I tried to make her attack with the head. Of course I die when she tentacle slams me after that.

I don't know. Maybe I'll return later with higher level.
I don't like these random bosses. It's the same as with Logarius. If I try often enough there will be that one game where she behaves as expected and I can kill her.

Edit: last try she spammed charge attacks. All the time. And it's impossible to dodge that when you are close. That's bullshit and this feels as worse as Logarius. Not fun.
The bosses can be random at times. You can try baiting the head just get a charge thrown your way when you don't have the time to dodge. Bloodborne bosses are all about praying to RNGesus and knowing how to adapt and handle the boss attacks that are thrown at you.

grmlin

The bosses have a lot of attacks and different phases (usually based on their health) and a lot of the time it's somewhat random what they will do or often based on your distance from them - you can often bait certain attacks by staying at a certain distance, other times it's just random. It keeps things fresh, if the boss did the exact same thing every time it would be far easier.

One thing I forgot.

Of course they should not do the same sequence of attacks all the time. That would be incredibly boring. I'm talking about unfair behavior, thats all. The last 5 tries she did not do a single head slam, the only way to deal some significant damage to her.

Everything transfers over except for special keys to certain areas and umbilical cords if I'm not mistaken.

The bosses can be random at times. You can try baiting the head just get a charge thrown your way when you don't have the time to dodge. Bloodborne bosses are all about praying to RNGesus and knowing how to adapt and handle the boss attacks that are thrown at you.

Honestly I had no idea RNG is such a big part of it. I'm disappointed, really :( With all other bosses, except Logarius, I had the feeling that it's all about my skill and reaction times. That felt great.

Update.

Killed Rom last night. Eileen was pissed at me when I met up with her at the Cathedral Ward and killed me a few times. She's quick and packs a punch. Switched to Ludwig's Holy Blade and was able to beat her.

One thing I forgot.

Of course they should not do the same sequence of attacks all the time. That would be incredibly boring. I'm talking about unfair behavior, thats all. The last 5 tries she did not do a single head slam, the only way to deal some significant damage to her.

Honestly I had no idea RNG is such a big part of it. I'm disappointed, really :(
What weapon are you using? I beat her using a Rakuyo of all things. She can be beaten. I've beaten her using a threaded cane, Chikage and Rakuyo so far.

grmlin

What weapon are you using? I beat her using a Rakuyo of all things. She can be beaten. I've beaten her using a threaded cane, Chikage and Rakuyo so far.

I'm using a +9 Tonitrus with an arcane character. Damage is no problem, I got her down to maybe 20% two times but then she evolved into some really crazy rage mode without any chance to deal damage.

I will try again tonight.

I'm using a +9 Tonitrus with an arcane character. Damage is no problem, I got her down to maybe 20% two times but then she evolved into some really crazy rage mode without any chance to deal damage.

I will try again tonight.
I hope you have points in arcane. For that phase just lob Accursed Brew at her till she fucking dies, that's what I did and well I actually just got lucky with that one.

grmlin

Accursed Brew? Where do I get that?

I watched some lvl 4 runs and they pretty much showed me that I'm not crazy. One guy said exactly what I think, that Ebrietas is extremely random and sometimes unfair.

What I did not see yet in a video was an Ebrietas not performing any head slams...

Try to bait the head slam by standing in front of her mid-distance. Often it's about patience, she's going to do the tentacle swings, so dash back to avoid then dash in again and stay the mid-distance so she has more chance of doing a headslam. She will charge more often when you are out of her range, so if she's charging more than you think she should, you know you're not close enough to her.

It is annoying since the head is really only where she takes decent damage and some weapons really suck at hitting her head considering how little time she has it low enough to attack - with the saw cleaver I used to just always have it extended for this fight. The hunter axe is a nice weapon for this fight, the overhead R2 has a lot of height to it.

Accursed Brew? Where do I get that?

I watched some lvl 4 runs and they pretty much showed me that I'm not crazy. One guy said exactly what I think, that Ebrietas is extremely random and sometimes unfair.

What I did not see yet in a video was an Ebrietas not performing any head slams...
Accursed Brew is a dlc spell.

grmlin

Try to bait the head slam by standing in front of her mid-distance. Often it's about patience, she's going to do the tentacle swings, so dash back to avoid then dash in again and stay the mid-distance so she has more chance of doing a headslam. She will charge more often when you are out of her range, so if she's charging more than you think she should, you know you're not close enough to her.

It is annoying since the head is really only where she takes decent damage and some weapons really suck at hitting her head considering how little time she has it low enough to attack - with the saw cleaver I used to just always have it extended for this fight. The hunter axe is a nice weapon for this fight, the overhead R2 has a lot of height to it.

Thanks.

As I said I had multiple tries without any head slams at all. Or, even worse, charge attacks from all distances all the time.

I shut down my PS4, maybe it will change Ebrietas' behavior tonight starting fresh :D

Honestly, I was most successful standing at her side not caring for her head at all smashing bold damage into her. I'll try that again next.

Okay, Mergo's Wet Nurse is down.

This is actually pretty narratively convenient. With Nightmare slain, the Hunter's dream is falling apart and dawn is coming. With the pressure of the nightmare passed, you could say that the other dreams are I guess in a sort of chaotic scramble. Which is even better since the Old Hunter Yharnam architecture seems to look like how it'd look like if someone took acid.

So that's perfect timing for the Old Hunters DLC to take place. Plus I know Maria is an old student of Gerhman. So meeting with her before meeting with Gehrman seems perfect as well. Especially when I take her sword and bring it to Gehrman in the fight.

The DLC is right after Amelia and before Mensis events timewise. Lorewise the Healing church managed to relocate their main base of operations (The clocktower) inside the Hunters Nightmare to continue their experiments.

That would be one of my complaints, the DLC is too hard for the sake of being DLC.

I think you keep all the badges and the shops upgrades with the last tier chalice materials.

Veelk

Banned
The DLC is right after Amelia and before Mensis events timewise. Lorewise the Healing church managed to relocate their main base of operations (The clocktower) inside the Hunters Nightmare to continue their experiments.

That would be one of my complaints, the DLC is too hard for the sake of being DLC.

I'm actually ready for things to get hard against enemies. Ever since finding Mergo's Loft Middle, I've been swimming through Blood Echoes' scrouge mcduck style. I've successfully upgraded upgraded my BT from 23 to 50 and now I'm doing the same thing for my Strength and Arcane. But in general, the last parts of the game were not as challenging as the early part of the game. I mean, it's Bloodborne, so the danger of failure is always there and that's enough to keep it engaging, but the last time I actually hit a wall against any enemy was Logarius. I've died, I've had to retry enemies, etc, but it's been a while since I was like "How the hell am I gonna pull this off". I actually died against Mergo's Wet Nurse the first time because I fell asleep at the wheel because the fight was so boring. She had a large movepool, but she was slow and her attacks were so obviously telegraphed. I could have danced around her if I wanted.

So if the Old Hunters is a challenge fest, bring it on. I've already began the first part of it, and the basic Old Hunter enemies already go down a lot harder than normal. Good.

I'm actually ready for things to get hard against enemies. Ever since finding Mergo's Loft Middle, I've been swimming through Blood Echoes' scrouge mcduck style. I've successfully upgraded upgraded my BT from 23 to 50 and now I'm doing the same thing for my Strength and Arcane. But in general, the last parts of the game were not as challenging as the early part of the game. I mean, it's Bloodborne, so the danger of failure is always there and that's enough to keep it engaging, but the last time I actually hit a wall against any enemy was Logarius. I've died, I've had to retry enemies, etc, but it's been a while since I was like "How the hell am I gonna pull this off". I actually died against Mergo's Wet Nurse the first time because I fell asleep at the wheel because the fight was so boring. She had a large movepool, but she was slow and her attacks were so obviously telegraphed. I could have danced around her if I wanted.

So if the Old Hunters is a challenge fest, bring it on. I've already began the first part of it, and the basic Old Hunter enemies already go down a lot harder than normal. Good.
Have fun with the Berserk Rape Horse.

I think Ebrietas is very random when she attacks.

I actually try to bait her charge but it can be tough because you always have to make sure you have enough room.

I think Ebrietas is very random when she attacks.

I actually try to bait her charge but it can be tough because you always have to make sure you have enough room.

Ebrietas will only try to charge if you are far enough, if you are too close she will try his head slam and in rare ocassion a charge attack right after her wake up animation after the head slam.

v She really hates you then

grmlin

Ebrietas will only try to charge if you are far enough, if you are too close she will try his head slam and in rare ocassion a charge attack right after her wake up animation after the head slam.

wat? No. She charge-attacked me with a little more than head slam range multiple times already

That bitch Mac trucked my ass from two feet away during my numerous bouts with her.

myco666

Ebrietas charge definitely can come up even when you are really close to her. Bullshit move all around with high damage, big hitboxes and ability to hit twice if you are very unlucky. If the tentacles wouldn't hurt during that attack it would probably be fine like Ludwigs charge.

Caja 117

I'm still n my first playtrough, and for what I have read, I should be halfway trough, as I yesterday defeated the Vacuous Spider, the game just turned weirder and scarier, I'm doing a mostly blind run, and just get to see a couple of videos after I have passed certain Areas.Here are some of my blunders so far, and Why Im in love with this game non lineal world:

-I killed Father G before cleric beast.
-I killed the Hunter with the Gatling Gun in O.Yarhnam
-I KIll V Amelia before the Witches
-I sent like 3 NPC to Iosefa clinic
-I sent an NPC that was in the forbidden woods to Cathedral Ward
-I haven't seen either Caenhurst or upper cathedral.

I have one question, even after defeating The Vacuous spider, can I still go to Caenhurst?

Also, I haven't been able to defeat my first boss by myself, I always see myself using the Bellring to get another player help. I'm still a noob I guess.

I'm still n my first playtrough, and for what I have read, I should be halfway trough, as I yesterday defeated the Vacuous Spider, the game just turned weirder and scarier, I'm doing a mostly blind run, and just get to see a couple of videos after I have passed certain Areas.Here are some of my blunders so far, and Why Im in love with this game non lineal world:

-I killed Father G before cleric beast.
-I killed the Hunter with the Gatling Gun in O.Yarhnam
-I KIll V Amelia before the Witches
-I sent like 3 NPC to Iosefa clinic
-I sent an NPC that was in the forbidden woods to Cathedral Ward
-I haven't seen either Caenhurst or upper cathedral.

I have one question, even after defeating The Vacuous spider, can I still go to Caenhurst?

Also, I haven't been able to defeat my first boss by myself, I always see myself using the Bellring to get another player help. I'm still a noob I guess.

RIP survivors.

Yes, you can still go to cainhurst.

There is no shame in asking for coop if that makes you enjoy the game better than being frustated of playing solo

wat? No. She charge-attacked me with a little more than head slam range multiple times already
If you're attacking her after the head slam and she decides to charge you're in unfortunate proximity.
Since the charge is what always got me, that was the attack I conditioned myself to avoid.

Next time I fight her I'm gonna try a something different.

Caja 117

RIP survivors.

Yes, you can still go to cainhurst.

There is no shame in asking for coop if that makes you enjoy the game better than being frustated of playing solo

Yeah I noticed that after I saw those Blue mushroom guys, proceed to kill them (as I first saw them in Forgoten woods) and for my horror when I saw the item they dropped....

Yeah I noticed that after I saw those Blue mushroom guys, proceed to kill them (as I first saw them in Forgoten woods) and for my horror when I saw the item they dropped....

The only survivor you have to send there is the bald guy from the lost woods since he is a
monster

Top Bottom